Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Hey you mrs. too good to look my way and that's cool

Late Evening Fog 69° F
08-04-2021, 01:49 AM
@Caligula Set after this thread

^^
After everything was settled with the Elkshire King, Vengeance made the journey home, back to the mist which called him and welcomed the man, stench and all into its cool, damp embrace. Vanishing into its pale maw once more in search of the General. Though he was not pleased with the news between he and Elkshire, the man was willing to hear him out... Certainly he was not hoping to cause a rift between them and their only ally in the Temperate just yet.

Not against the wishes of the Warlord.

Not without a reason that would benefit them as a whole.

So he remained calm even if the desire to bite had grown strong during his journey back. With a cold, levelled tone he approached the scarred man. “Caligula, I have returned from Elkshire after dropping off their messenger. I have learned of some interesting development.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
08-04-2021, 03:04 AM
Lord have mercy. Caligula had anticipated some sort of backlash in the wake of his conversation with the deer bitch, but he certainly didn't give enough of a damn to be concerned when @Vengeance actually called out for him. If the man wanted him to curb his tongue while being insulted by a woman who would gladly fuck a deer, well. There were only so many things he was willing to do for his warlord.

"Interesting developments, or one side of a two sided story?" he replied with the same evenness as he approached, maintaining his distance for the sake of giving himself a fighting chance should the man lunge.

the staff team luvs u
08-05-2021, 10:50 PM
^^
The notched ear flickered as Caligula asked his inquiry. It was clear enough the man was wise to pick is words carefully in this moment - perhaps for the best. Both of them had pretty strong personalities, which was drew Vengeance to Caligula in the first place. He was not only a strong warrior and one he trusted with the rank as Consigliere, but also had a relatively good head on his shoulders in comparison to the rest of the gang.

“If I was not interested in your side, we would already be bloody.” The beast reassured smoothly, eyes smouldering but not quite burning yet as he bore into the pale coat of the scarred man. “Well?” And he would listen for now before deciding that Caligula was too much trouble for the alliance to be kept at the helm. It would be a brash decision to do so without hearing him out first. Célnes too had a temper to her, bullheaded in their religion even if they let that ugly white backed woman in their ranks.

Perhaps she will grow more brown with the ass kissing she must be doing to be granted presence within. Regardless, that was not the matter at hand here. Caligula was in the spotlight and Vengeance would listen to what he had to say.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
08-05-2021, 11:17 PM
Caligula knew that @Vengeance was a man of few words, so he supposed to some extent he was flattered to be given such an opportunity. The ghoul had no issue in offering his side as he had absolutely nothing to hide, and so the beast settled into a comfortable alignment with the man and began.

"I was curious of the religion. It has never been of interest to me before, but I wanted to learn of it. I asked her questions -- what did I do to deserve being born white, how could it be repaired, why were my children born dark if their mother was as much of a sinner as myself?" Caligula shrugged a shoulder.

"She threw barbs at me the entire time, of course, because I am born with this coat. Sinner this and sinner that. I was interested in what she had to say on the matter, but she went from appreciating my questions -- the sinful should know what they did -- to insinuating I should be decapitated for them. Beheaded for questioning an alliance's queen. I gave her no disrespect until she threatened my life, and only then did I threaten the alliance. Never once her life or the life of any of her followers as she had done to me. It was not my place to do so, yes, but in the heat of the moment I defended myself with as peaceful of a way as possible.

I have no qualms with the woman, so long as she stays on her side and I stay on mine, there will be no further issues or interactions between us."

Caligula snorted. If he had wanted to engage with her further, he would have taken a piss on a deer and left its head on her borders.

the staff team luvs u
08-09-2021, 01:19 AM
^^
Carefully the man listened to the warrior's words. Hanging onto them as he spun his own story. On his face there was no hint of emotion, no way for Caligula to determine whether the route he was heading with in his story was right or no. With the intention of hearing Caligula out completely, he would not guide his tongue with expressions.

What the man said did not strike him as a fable. Certainly there were two sides to this story and he didn't sit down to hear it all from Célnes the way Vengeance sought to hear our his General in this matter - if he were to be honest, it didn't matter. Whatever Célnes thought of the pale man was not who he was - if she were to have a grotesque female who would dare to place herself between Vengeance and Célnes with aggression in her stance, then he could have Caligula here who he too had issues with their leader.

Tit for tat.

As Caligula finished he finally cracked a grin, toothy and slimy all in the while finding mild amusement in it all. “I see.” He drawled, letting the words lurch out of his maw as he tasted the bittersweet flavours of it all. “According to her you are banned from her region, so if you can remain in ours then we will have no further issues.” A hum left poised on his tongue as he pondered the situation, eyes catching the scarred face man again with a certain mischievous, greedy glint in his eye. “It seems the Elkshire queen has a temper on her does it not? Perhaps we can use this banishment in our favour in time.” It was a good excuse to keep Caligula here at all times in the Northern regions of the Temperate, even when Vengeance would have to go South to make a visit...

Perhaps this would benefit them some day.
^^
the staff team luvs u
08-09-2021, 05:22 PM
Caligula's brow furrowed. Banned? He shook his head. "Is that supposed to be a punishment? She's goddamn daft if she thinks I would ever willingly interact with a bunch of deer fuckers again." He shrugged, not particularly caring to disguise his distaste. "Banished or not, I will defend myself against her if the need arises. I will not lay down my life so that we remain allies with a woman who has threatened murder solely based on the color of my fur. Aside from a fertile womb, she is nothing other than a ringleader to control her moronic hoard -- a hoard I believe we could convince to turn on her and bring under Nightwalker control. But if she crosses a line, I will not back down from it. Her life is worth less to me than my own." It was a promise and a threat all in one, but honesty was best, yes?

He didn't know how Vengeance intended to use the banishment against her, but he was more than willing to oblige. "Yes, gladly." Whatever he wanted so long as he got to pierce the bitch's heart with the antlers she so ferociously swore by. At some point.

the staff team luvs u
08-09-2021, 11:47 PM
^^
“Should she threaten your life, is it not best to remain where you have the advantage?” A question that didn't need answering. Of course it was best for Caligula here. At least in the northern regions of the temperate, Elkshire residents were outnumbered and he could call for reinforcements if necessary as opposed to the opposite being against him. “Should she decide to test herself against you, then do as you must to survive. Make sure she is dead and not living enough to bring back news to her kin.” Was all he had to say on the matter.

For the best the two would not collide ever again - but then again, he wouldn't be opposed to turning a blind eye should Caligula manage to cut off her final breath and keep it hushed as his own secret. Make sure she was dead. That was all. Vengeance would deal with the rest as it came. “Until then, we have plenty of land for ourselves here, no need to find yourself going South.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
08-13-2021, 07:49 PM
Caligula could imagine worse fates for Celnes outside of simple murder. Whenever he took his revenge, he would be sure she went with fear in her eyes as she beheld the monster his white fur made him. It was something he looked forward to, especially now that he had been given permission by his warlord to do so. "Of course," he mumbled, content to leave the whelps out of the scenario altogether. Caligula no desire to have the woman raise a legion of prejudiced assholes, and so he would handle them as he saw fit should the day ever arise.

He certainly hoped it was.

"I will avoid the south, yes, though should she come here I will not cower. I may be banished from her lands, but this is my home and I will gladly greet her with a smile." Caligula certainly wished there hadn't been an alliance between them, tsk. "Is she to hand over any of the children, or will they all be raised as deer fuckers?" he asked coolly, almost uninterested.

the staff team luvs u
08-13-2021, 08:25 PM
^^
It seemed he had managed to calm both sides of this squabble without losing too much on either side. They could bark and growl at one another all they want, but so long as he remained on top of it all and Nightwalkers would remain the ultimate victors - all they had to do was go about it gingerly and not threaten what they had worked for this far by a simple miscalculated step.

“What she does with them is no business of mine. My blood now runs through their ranks, let it run its course. We have our own whelps to raise as we will see fit.” Ones who will not have a mother figure watching from a distance and causing rifts within their teachings. It was the blessings of being a man. Drop his seed off wherever it may land and focus on his own damn life while it affected him and his pack none.

“If she does not wish for me to be their father, I have no quarrels with that. Even if I am requested to join their celebration.” Of which they would see how much of a paw Célnes wanted him to play in their raising. It was not a conversation they had up to date and he simply assumed he would have no role play within it.
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-02-2021, 01:28 AM
"I wouldn't consider breeding a new generation of whelps that want me dead based off fur color an accomplishment," he replied plainly. He certainly hoped he wasn't expected to respect them or care for them should he ever happen across one; chances were he would sooner snap its neck than return it safely to Celnes. "But congratulations." More deer fuckers. More prejudiced fuckholes.

Caligula shrugged. "Be sure to have extra fun for me, the poor banished bastard." He snorted as he turned to leave, finding little else needed to be spoken of unless Vengeance thought otherwise. "Let me know when you'll be leaving so I can increase patrols." Caligula nodded a respectful goodbye before slipping off into the mist.

exit

the staff team luvs u
09-08-2021, 02:43 AM
^^
Of course Caligula had something to say on the matter. He wasn't wrong - but the damage was done and they all had to roll with it now. Perhaps one day he would learn to look the other way for the sake of alliance, to make a better name for himself and those with similar coats as his by playing nice with the queen of the Elk forest but that day seemed far from a day away.

The General left little time for him to respond as he left - not that Vengeance had much else to add other than assuring that he would let him know when they would have less around to help keep the borders safe. They wouldn't be gone for long after all, so he wasn't concerned with the temporary lack of numbers to patrol what was theirs.

As Caligula slipped off into the mist, Vengeance continued on his path down by the river's edge.
^^
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top