Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Open,

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
AW
Shiroshika
08-02-2021, 05:04 AM
@Tiberius ?

She found cherry blossom grove especially fascinating. It wasn't unusual for such beautiful plants to grow in the harsh weather, but there was always a question on 'how long' does it last. For all spring, summer and fall it ends would they blossom, but being within the snow, would it end sooner? When she arrived so, the woman hoisted herself awkwardly up in the air, stumbling between her two hind legs while catching a branch.

A quick tug before falling downwards - an appropriate strength given that the tree was not to give out anytime soon. Soundly healthy, as it seemed. However when flung back in its place, a flock of petals started to fall down, surrounding Sybil.

Fall was near.

the staff team luvs u
08-02-2021, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2021, 10:57 PM by Tiberius. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^

There was no part of him that wasn't... well, he couldn't name the emotion. He was no longer angry about the trail, about the blatant trespassing and eating of their prey. He was just... he was determined. Tiberius was always a determined creature but now... he dared some shitty fucking feline to fuck with him. He wasn't in the mood for his shit to be messed with and he so badly wished that Rainer was more of an aggressive cat. Tiberius had decided that he would find a feline to recruit and train, no matter fucking what, okay? That's what he wanted and that's what he would get. If Felines dominates these fucking Tundra's, he would find a way to dominate them right back.

Outside of his role, Tiberius had little else to capture his attention -- aside from now, he supposed. He caught the movement of a body, a tree and an array of pastel petals cascaded around the body of white and calico. A sniff of the air told him this was not a trespasser but yet... he hadn't met this one, not yet. Tiberius watched from afar as the petals flocked around her, swirling to the snow around her. Aside from the orange tiger, this lady was the only splash of colour that he had seen. His nose twitched as he observed, noting how the women of Shiroshika all seemed to look so... delicate yet different in their delicacy. She was... he narrowed his golden gaze and shook off the thoughts of her... beauty... and focused instead on grunting lowly, letting her know that he was here.

Awkwardly.
^^

the staff team luvs u
08-04-2021, 04:53 PM
She was cautiously sniffing the blooms, a fresh scent wavering around unlike the snowy wasteland that she had heard about. It was quite a delight, a remanence of home in a certain way, and the forests she was used to. Though since aligning herself with the forever autumn woods, Sybil had forgotten that the oddity that it was had been blanded from any other tree. Color - she enjoyed seeing pink and white hues once more.

Though focus broken by the rarity of cherry blossom sightings, a man of black and silvers hues.. Much different to the white empress she had seen, and the lighter gray man from previous days, "Hello there, I believe we haven't met.. I am Sybil."

the staff team luvs u
08-04-2021, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2021, 08:52 PM by Tiberius.)
^^

She turned to him and he took note of her face, drinking in the details of her unusual markings. Could he say that, though? He had seen a splotchy, golden bitch and she had been fair uglier than this lady. (Mostly ugly because she was a raging twat and Tiberius had wanted to chew her face like a toy. It was unfortunate that on the outside she wasn't actually ugly. Her personality had been any thoughts of a pretty face die pretty quickly.) Tiberius thought that it was likely a Gods idea of a laugh, sprinkling the beautiful women in his life and having the majority of them give him a headache; yet thankfully, the two ladies of Shiroshika had yet made him want to go and play with a crocodile. 

Sybil, she said her name was and Tiberius dipped his chin, "Tiberius." Though Izumi and Reiko had yet to give him a proper headache full of stress, he knew it was only a matter of time. They liked to stress him out, he was certain. Though truthfully, he was basing these thoughts off the fucking Crane women who had haunted him and earned both his affection and hatred all at once. "Spend most of mah time patrollin', ain't mean ta be rude an' not meet anyone," he rumbled, feeling as if he needed to give an excuse as to why he wasn't... sociable like the rest. He was a guarded man who threw himself into his work because it was what he was good at. Doing anything else... it opened up too many possibilities.

"Ya like tha blossoms, Sybil?" He motioned towards the pretty petals with his nose, shifting on his paws as he attempted to be... more Shiroshika worthy and less... Tiberius.

^^

the staff team luvs u
08-05-2021, 10:17 PM
He held an accent that she did not know of ; though forgotten at some point she too held an dialect, though now it had faded, especially upon entering the new land with healed wounds, "Tiberius, if you don't mind me asking, where are you originally from?" curiosity overcame any shyness, and asked him innocently, hoping there was no offense to her question.  A soft look toward him, lavender eyes gradually crossing to the rather large man with yellow eyes.

"It reminds me of home," she said in reminiscence, a gaze back toward the fallen petals. It was pleasant to see them in Shiroshika, a slight thump within her land, as the same memory would also remind her of Kei, someone she preferred at the back of her mind. Alas, it was obvious not all could be forgotten, and Sybil knew better then the attempt to simply 'forget,' it was better to embrace it.

It remained difficult.

the staff team luvs u
08-07-2021, 01:23 PM
^^

It was a question that fell sudden yet not malicious; genuine curiousity seemingly lining her lavender eyes. He wet his lips as he observed her, not keen to mention home but she had asked and he was making an effort to be more... sociable. "Ain't nothin' special," he grunted, "place called Gossamer." Not exactly the truth, Faustus had found him in the mountains but the Dominion had ended up finding home at Gossamer Pool. "Ya probably won't know it, luv," Tiberius reasoned, golden gaze never leaving the delicate beauty before him. Little did he know, his answer would not have answered her question at all.

Sybil answered his, being much better with her reply than his own and he tilted his head as he move his gaze to peer to the fallen blossoms. It reminded her of home, she said. "Ya a snow wolf, Sybil?" Gossamer had plenty of trees yet none of them had been the pastels of blossom. Her home, he thought, must have been a fair bit more magical to gaze upon if she was used to the splash of other colour. "Wha' else makes ya think of ya 'ome?" Tiberius rumbled, wondering if she was severely homesick -- if she were, perhaps he could... help ease it, should he find some other things that made her think of home. Is that how this sociable thing fucking worked?

Perhaps he shoudn't even try, he felt as if he were being so fucking -- awkward. Perhaps he was better alone, patrolling and keeping the territory safe.
^^

the staff team luvs u
08-17-2021, 11:47 PM
"I'm afraid I have not heard of them," she said with a pitiful smile, a slight sigh following. Though the name itself was something to keep in mind, as it felt like something that smoothed off the tongue. She wondered if he too, had been taken from his place just as she had, or simply walked the mile. In the end Sybil did not know how Kei arrived to this oddity of spacial planes, for she had ran away from their homeland.. For all the calico woman knew, that she had 'walked' here, while she, on the other hand, awoke here with a newfound freedom.

"Ah, I suppose I may look like one.. Though I lived in a forested mountains." She shook her head at the man, and denied so. The order was located within the mountains in an old, abandoned monk temple - but of course as wolves they never truly knew that. Shaped from the land itself, an oddity of sorts that was formed into the mountain side, and there, did they train and breathe to be a protector of sorts. Grown into forest and mountain terrains, only when winter arrived, did she taste the snow. Though her white pelt did not help on hunting.

Then her ears flickered a bit, the sound of a familiar summons, "I believe I must excuse myself, I hear Reiko calling for me."

i'm pulling sybil out of the game, but i do be loving their thread while it was

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top