Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
So that he may feel that he is dying

Late Evening Fog
P
07-20-2021, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2021, 04:58 PM by Andraste. Edited 1 time in total.)
Timed forward to the 23rd. Day 1 of heat.

[narrow width=700]
 Into the Temperate she had returned, a ghostly shadow. It had been too long since she had roamed these forests, this tainted forests with their foul, barbaric men and their heretical women. A fire within her had drawn her this way, despite the fire that held her new home from above. The desert was safety within danger, protection within jaws that meant to ravage.

So she escaped with the exhale of the western winds, roaming while her followers grew.

She made her way through the mists, keeping a good distance from the land the man of the mist claimed but remaining hidden within the fog nevertheless. The witch's paws took her towards the place she had met her mirror image, a man who was so like herself she wondered if he was her other half, split spirits long ago.

He had been the one to tell her of the man-who-stank-of-a-thousand-corpses and the bitch-queen whose hooved whore she had met and spoken with, solidifying the knowledge of the purity-killers. Truly, he had been one of the first who she had encountered and enjoyed the presence of, other than the fellow cannibal she had shared meal with in the north.

So into the mist she roamed, wondering if she would find her way back to @Caligula or if he would find her first in the light of the full moon.
[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u

“Common”    “Loet'ah (Cheunh)”
07-27-2021, 12:00 PM
To be quite honest, Caligula hadn't anticipated seeing his doppelganger again. Perhaps it was better that way, he mused, to keep two sides of the same coin as far away from each other as possible. Still, he could not help but wonder how she faired. There was a piece of him that already belonged to @Andraste and her unconventional beauty, a tether that he did not attempt to resist.

So when the scent of her mingled with the intoxicating perfume of her season, the ghost switched course and immediately moved to claim her before any other man could do the same. Caligula would happily fight Vengeance to the death to secure her as "his own" despite her obvious freedom. No other Nightwalker would touch her or sniff after her -- not without getting through claws and fangs first.

"What a delightful surprise," the wolf crooned as he slipped through the mist, molten gaze coming to rest upon her greedily. "It's lovely to see you again, Andraste." Caligula drifted closer than he usually would, drawn in like a moth to flame.
the staff team luvs u
07-27-2021, 03:07 PM
[narrow width=700]
 From the moment she had left him, all those months ago, she had known she would return when her heat came. Even when her very life had been threatened by the foul man whose name was unknown to her, she had known that she would come back.

The light of the full moon shone upon him, whites practically glowing against his darkened scars. Like an apparition through the mist, just as she was - two ghosts meeting in the night. Her scarlet eyes watched as he approached, appraising him just as she had when they had first met, though this time there was a stronger hunger within her. A deep rumble of delight vibrated within her chest as he made his way towards her, bathing her in his musk even as her own flowed around them, carried by the condensation that caressed them.

Oh, how she had dreamed of what his ravenous touch might feel like.

Her teeth gleamed from within blackened lips as she smiled, half lidded eyes never leaving his form. “I had hoped to find you here,” she crooned, hovering just out of reach though the fire of anticipation began to grow within her chest just at the sight and smell of the man. Though she had come searching for him, she would not simply leap into his arms. “How have you been, Caligula?” A wry smile claimed her face as she let her scent waft around them with several wags of her hopelessly tiny tail. “Does the season find you well?”

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u

07-27-2021, 08:46 PM
The effortless comfort he felt around the woman was bizarre. He felt no need to impress, almost as though they both understood one another simply by mapping out their scars. It was a startling change of pace that he found himself genuinely content in the company of another, and for a moment he wondered what life might be like outside of the Nightwalkers. He could slip away and pledge himself to @Andraste instead, become her baying warhound instead of belonging to Vengeance. It was a tempting thing, for sure.

"And found me you have. What did you plan on doing once you'd hunted me down?" The ghoul asked with interest, lips with cracked scars lifting in a macabre grin. Caligula knew well enough she would sooner dead him than bed him, but a man could certainly hope, could he not?

As for how he had been, well. A heavy shrug of his shoulder, the answer as interesting as rotting wood. "Well enough," he supposed, though it was a default response and both of them knew it. Neither of them truly cared how the other one was, did they? It was considerate of her to ask, however. To liven things up, he added: "better now that you're here, of course."

She waved that tail of hers intentionally, he knew. Caligula made no attempt to disguise the lustful growl rumbling in his throat, nor slick down his hackles as they rose with anticipation. He barely registered her question as he took another step closer, lifting his lips in excitement. "Oh, it finds me quite well indeed, Andraste. And you?" There was intention behind the words, a curious probing that offered a simple solution should she find herself feeling blue.

the staff team luvs u
07-27-2021, 10:35 PM
As a timeline note, in Andy's timeline this is several days before the Flynn "You are not the Father" thread, since she'll be messing with Flynn a couple days after this thread and that's meant to be a day or so before the YANTF thread~

[narrow width=700]
 The witch's eyes traced the scars upon his lips, his teeth, as he grinned and jibed. “Hmm, I don't know,” she murmured, tease dancing upon her words, eyeing him with amusement and interest. She might very well dead any man who did not impress before trying to undress, but to dead this man instead of even attempting to bed him? Oh, that would be a tragedy like no other. “But I won't let you escape so soon as last time.”

At his dance with her small talk, her lips peeled in a smirk.

While she came here with a purpose, she could not abandon the chance to toy with him. “Keeping yourself occupied with the deer whore and the foul smelling man?” A brow raised as she teased, recalling his descriptions of the wolves of this place. She had her encounters, surely enough, and his words had rang true in her mind though she had pondered if he had been making tales before. No, his descriptions of the forest had been correct.

It was a nasty place.

Full of... nasty men and nasty women.

She licked her lips, feeling those familiar shivers of anticipation running along her limbs and spine at his lusty growl. Oh yes, he would do. Yet she could not let him have her so easily, she wanted to build the anticipation, make him want her so badly he would drool. Her eyes traced his body slowly, pointedly, “Oh, quite well indeed,” she said, voice thickened with lust but also carrying an almost sing-song tune to it. She moved closer, now right before him, and moved her jaws up to his face and beyond, so that her breath tickled his ears as she breathed, “Why, General, what great big ears you have,”

Finish the play, and you shall reap what you see upon these fields.
[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u

07-29-2021, 03:57 AM
"Escape? Darling, you have me until you're bored of me. Trust me when I say it is not me who will seek to part from you," he murmured with a low, guttural laugh. It certainly didn't make things worse that she was in heat, of course, but Caligula knew he would eagerly throw himself at her mercy for a single taste.

The mention of Vengeance and Celnes brought a sneer to his scarred lips. "They are quite busy with one another, I hear. When he is not preoccupied fucking everything with a cunt, I imagine he spends his time sleeping. I do not often cross his path, nor do I seek the attention of a slut for antlers. No, no, I am far more interested in keeping busy with you." The ghoul grinned wickedly, clacking his teeth together.

He was no fool, however, and his molten gaze trailed after her as she approached to whisper at his ears. The tattered things twitched beneath her breath, drank in her game. Caligula chuckled, glancing at her from the corner of his eye. "All the better to hear you with, my dear," he crooned, intrigued by her as always. @Andraste

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
07-29-2021, 04:20 AM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality
[narrow width=700]
 Oh, she did like the sound of that. Perhaps it was just sweet words to draw her in (though she needed no such words to do so, after all she had come to him with the intention of, well, coming) or perhaps it was just the way he looked upon her, a mirrored image. Perhaps it was pure narcissism, as if the pair were two wolves split in two only to find each other once more. Her lips curled in sinful delight at his words and a wicked laugh escaped those very lips as he continued her mockery of the two sad sacks of the forest.

“A match made in hell,” she said with a grin, though was it to his statements of the wretched man and wretched woman or was it their own hellish pairing on this moonlit night?

The world may never know.

Her ghoul watched her and did not pull away even as she breathed in his ears, his answer as delightful as could be. Maw still raised to his tattered (yet somehow more whole than her own) ear, she let her tongue dart out and ever so gently taste the scarred but still soft flesh of his ear rim. She pulled back, the very tip of her tongue still escaping marred lips in a way that might look adorable if she was less of a monster.

“Why, what a great big eye you have,” she crooned in response, gazing straight into that golden iris before moving to tuck under his jaw, rubbing her neck and head against his chest and shoulder as she moved to take a peek. With a playful gasp, she looked back at him, her eyes gleaming with intent, “and my, oh my, General... what a great big cock you have.”
[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u

Content Warning
07-29-2021, 11:04 PM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
A match made in hell -- it was a description befitting them, wasn't it? Caligula knew there were more wicked wolves than him laying just beyond the borders, but that certainly didn't mean he was a kitten. Perhaps he did not often cave to his carnal desires of bloodshed -- not anymore -- but he had every intention on releasing his more primal side that evening. She seemed eager to indulge as well, and Caligula was nothing if not willing to please.

The ghoul inhaled her scent as she slipped closer, commenting on his eye (he thought, anyway -- being so close, it was difficult to focus) and driving him nearly mad as she slipped down his side. Caligula glanced at her as she inspected him, and he could not help the throbbing as he grew even more aroused by her company.

"All the better to fuck you with, my dear," the man replied with a throaty growl, reaching forward with his teeth to nip at her skin. Caligula's tail flagged as he attempted to swing a forelimb across her back, tugging her haunches towards him with a lusty and possessive snarl. "You are mine from dusk until dawn, Andraste," the beast hissed, knowing she would have very few protestations. The wolf was eager to plunge himself into her, to feel the warmth of a woman so scarred, so mutilated, so beautiful.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
07-30-2021, 01:05 AM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
[narrow width=700]
 Her breath caught and her flesh burned, desire rippling across her.

She could sense the tension in him also, in the way he breathed and the way his muscles shifted, eager but waiting for the summons, the call. Her call had been a tease, a children's story twisted into their sick lullaby and he had taken the bait and answered her just as she had wanted him to. Just as she had needed him to with every fiber of her being.

She had the sudden urge to taste him, to feel him inside her in more ways than one. Her jaws opened momentarily, a hiss escaping her lips as he grabbed for her, snarling and growling his claim. Her lips curled into a grin and she accommodated, moving closer, not even baring the thought to pull away. “Then have me,” she growled, pressing against him and demanding sweetly, “From dusk til dawn.”

She prayed to Death that this would take, that she would bear this man's powerful spawn.
[/narrow]

Fade to black!

the staff team luvs u

08-03-2021, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 10:36 PM by Caligula. Edited 1 time in total.)
Greedy. Possessive. Caligula was gluttonous for the woman and oh, how he wanted to indulge in his sin. The potential of his blood mixing with hers was ideal; she was the perfect candidate to bear his pups. Strong, capable, able to hold her own against the scarred beast and doubtless a mother not to be fucked with by any means. Caligula entrusted her with the life he gave, eager to see what might come of their night together. He needed no further motivation as she ushered him forward, offering herself on a silver platter.

The ghoul grinned with wicked glee as he slid atop her, tucking his paws onto either side of her hips. The sun could refuse to rise, for all he cared, so long as he could entertain her until both of them were drenched with exhaustion.

fade to black!

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
08-06-2021, 12:30 AM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
[narrow width=700]
 She reveled in it, the feel of his teeth upon her - not to kill or injure but to devour in another way. A way that would satisfy them both and at least from her view, it was. Her lungs heaved with satisfied pants, pressing against him and inhaling his scent, memorizing it in a way she couldn't have given their previous distance.

- - -

It was a mutual animal desire for closeness, possession.

He was not hers and she was not his - she could give a damn whether he found other bitches to fuck within his own pack or beyond - but tonight, the only wolf on her mind was him. Him and his scarred, beautiful face. His eye that gleamed with a savage intelligence that the foul man could not dream of having. “You do not disappoint,” she murmured, teeth combing through the fur along his throat and neck muscles, teeth only barely skimming across his skin.

She had made a good choice, coming to him first. He would give her choice children, strong and healthy ones. White ones to defy and mock the woman they both despised so much. The idea of creating beasts who would make the deer-whore and her hounds wet themselves in their beds.

Ah, it was tantalizing.

“Is the Nightwalker hold on you strong?” she teased gently, an implied query. She would never remain here with them, but to have him at her side... She drew her tongue across his scars, distracting herself from the impossibility. He was a General, high in command. He would not be tempted by the allure of one woman among millions. Here, he had power. In the desert... what power lay in the desert? “If their grip on you ever slips, the desert to the East is where I reside.”

The desert, where she would bear his children. Hiidden away with her followers. Not a pack, not yet, but a gathering of like minded wolves and those who had no will to free themselves from the white beasts.
[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u

08-09-2021, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 05:34 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Ah, yes, the satisfaction of being praised by a partner was almost as intoxicating as the act itself. He downright purred with appreciation of her comment, drawn in by the promise of more and more. "Nor do you," he hummed. It seemed only fitting to offer her the same courtesy. He was a gentleman, after all.

Caligula shifted as she turned to kiss his scars, unafraid of the monstrous appearance because she was a monster all the same. They were like Shrek and Fiona. Just two ugly motherfuckers finding common ground in their ghastly attire.

She crooned pretty things about a place in the desert and he paused. "None have a hold on me except myself. The desert," he clicked his tongue, imagining the wicked sunburns. "Well, I cannot promise anything, but I wouldn't mind stopping by to see where you call home." And hopefully by that time, she would begin showing signs of pregnancy. His tail twitched. "What do you desire with your pack?"

+1 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
08-10-2021, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 05:34 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
[narrow width=700]
 They were two monsters, intoxicated by their instincts. By their lust for survival, perhaps for power.

Her eyes followed his as he spoke, considering the desert. He suggested he might visit and she smiled, teeth clipping together neatly. “We move by night,” she mused, elaborating on a very real danger that the two would clearly know well, their coats so white as if to ask the sun for disease, “By day, we have seized an underground safety - unlike anything a wolf could create.” The temple beneath the sand, what a wonderful place.

He asked of her desires and she considered the question.

“A place of safety, hidden away - to defy Death and rejoice in it also.” a quick exhale of a small chuckle, “Elkshire is right in that this place is full of sinners, but they're wrong about who they are... so perhaps a bit of pure spite at them.” Her lips curled into a wry smile, raising a brow at him. It was also an experiment, though she wouldn't say. To see whether love or pain created the stronger bonds.

“You need not worry, my handsome General, we have no goals to claim anything that is the Nightwalker's,” she mused, then let her eyes rove over him again - a wordless exception.

Except for you, perhaps.

[/narrow]

+1 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u

scroll to top