Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Feel unready for my love

Early Morning Sunny/Clear 22° F
P
Discovery
Shiroshika
07-20-2021, 02:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 07:50 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)

^^
Every morning, as the sun kissed the horizon illuminating the mountains with new life in its fresh morning breath, Reiko made her way to the glacier gardens neighbouring Tsukiishi. Across the salty plains of frozen seawater long forgotten by time.

Once more into the warm breeze of mountain air that battled the frigid tundra to collect another bundle of herbs to dry and bring back - today, she would check on yesterday's progress before stashing away in the medicine den. As she grew comfortable with the little morning routine, soon she would bring @Hotaru to it to pick some herbs together.

Because certainly she had already found this place by now. Reiko may not the be the most observant individual ever, but even she could tell when Hotaru's scent wandered further from the borders than they should. But it was a mother's duty to worry - not bind. And they weren't spending as much time together as she would have liked as of late, as they settled in the mountains, solidifying their borders and recruiting new members.

As her toes touched the warm grasses beyond the glacier, Reiko hastily made her way to the stash she prepared yesterday.
^^

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
07-21-2021, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2021, 10:44 AM by Tobias. Edited 1 time in total.)

Much like the setting moon, each individual had two sides. Two stories, two lives, two personalities. Though of course many didn't think of it that way, even more so did people believe it didn't exist at all. Yet, oftentimes they were of the privileged, those destined individuals that got to wisp through life showing their colour without a second thought.

Tobias wasn't one of those people. Not entirely, anyway.

The handsome man spent his days alone, hiding in himself a dream, a passion, a fire. A hopelessly lost child with a heart of gold ready to melt at an instant for those in need, yet one just as quick to close when others saw it spilling. Tobias was a darkened knight, with a body of a young god and the strength of an ox. Yet here he sat, tail sweeping away bitter snows, paws all-too-roughly attempting to pick herbs from their roots. “Oh dear, I'm sorry little love,” Snorting, coughing, somehow managing to speak softly through his sickness, “I didn't mean to squish you, you're so delicate.” To the plants.

This wasn't anything new for him. He spent a lot of time in the garden, singlehandedly risking his life to ingest the greens that could one day make him noticeable to those around him as more than just... A black bear of a man. He liked being the stuffed with fluff, huggable kind of teddy. “Here, I've got you... I, Oh, H-Hello!” Except, he didn't have the plant anymore, in fact, he'd thrown it about 10 feet in the air out of embarrassment. He had no clue how long she'd been standing there, but it was a bit too late for guessing.

He quickly straightened up, a pleasant smile filling his lips. “Why, at this point I'm starting to think you're following me, dove.” Jokingly, he'd add, feeling the soul leave his body as the poor basil plant came plummeting down atop his head. Dirt rolling comically down his face, cheeks likely red under his fur... But he still didn't flinch.

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
07-21-2021, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 07:52 PM by Aso. Edited 2 times in total.)
^^
The garden wasn't a populous place but nor was it quiet every time she visited neither. However to see Tobias here and surprised - with a basil plant on his head, was a little surprising. Surprising enough to stop the empress on her journey to pick up the dried herbs from yesterday and set out a few more to prepare for another trip tomorrow morning.

So she stopped. Ears tall atop her crown and blue eyes catching the details of the tall man in his own moment of surprise. Slowly her face lifted into a smile, tail swaying as she giggled at the sight and accusation that she was following him. Her own face flushed at the thought, how awfully perverted and unlady like it would be of her to follow a man around like that.

But she was not one to get flustered so easily, especially not in the face of a fellow Shiroshika member. “I come here every morning to build a medicine den.” The empress explained rather simply before approaching just a little more to converse more comfortably.“I could say you are following me by anticipating my routine!” Of course she didn't think so, but it was impossible to not tease back like that.

“Uhh... Tobias.” The pale woman's voice softened as her chin tilted downward while her big blue eyes focused on the top of the man's head. “Why do you have basil on your head?”
^^

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
07-27-2021, 12:05 AM

When she smiled, he smiled, and when she giggled, his entire chest lifted in warm rumbles fit for a lion. He'd watch her, elegant as ever, waltz her way over to his unworthy body, and with a bow of his maned head did he greet her holiness. Sometimes, he found himself awestruck by her beauty, as if a dove bathed in moonlight graced him every time she made an entrance. Such words, however, would never dare leave his lips, and it had nothing to do with the coughing that now filled his lungs.

“Is it not my job to keep a watchful eye on you? Though I must admit, perhaps the mention of this medicine den is more important...” A joking tone left him, the wag in his tail signaling his excitement. He might have been interested in medicine, buuuut she was, indeed, the Empress. No herb, nor flower, no newly opened bud could amount. Spring could always come again, but a woman such as she? He was unsure, truthfully, he didn't want to find out, just as he wished she hadn't found out about the stupid bit of greenery atop his cranium. “Oh, uh... C-Closer to the s-s-u-un!” He'd sneeze out, nearly flying backward.

“Okay, ya caught me, I'm feeling poorly.” Couldn't hide it any longer, anyway.

the staff team luvs u
07-27-2021, 12:29 AM
^^
“Is it?” Playfully she took on a surprised air, letting those baby blues open wide with astonishment as he declared it to be his job to watch over her. “I do not recall asking you to be my guardian.” The teasing continued, of course most would see that it was their job to watch over the little empress and her family. While she made sure their home was safe, they in turn would make sure she was safe to do so.

A sort of delicate balance where all the little pieces had to work together to make one beautiful home. 

Although... she supposed for Tobias to be her own guardian it wouldn't be all that bad. They didn't have enough guardians to go around yet to assign them all to the necessary members, but as the thought implanted itself into her mind... she flushed. Beneath the blanket of white she felt warm with a blush. If he was to be ever present as her guardian, for such a handsome man, it wouldn't be such an awful fate.

His sneeze snapped her back to the moment. Caught off guard by the sudden movement and loud exclamation, the hairs along her back rose in shock briefly before a sympathetic smile found its way to her face. “Poorly?” She would approach, taking in a new different interest in the man as she began to think of what might be ailing Tobias. “How so? I might have something for... whatever it is. Will you describe to me how you feel?” 
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-27-2021, 03:31 AM

“Oh, it is.” He'd retort in a similarly tongue-in-cheek manner, watching her crane that delicate little mouth of hers into a childlike smile. Of course, there were mature underlinings in every conversation they'd had, and while neither of them pushed the boundaries, he oftentimes wondered if this was how she treated everyone she stumbled upon. It wasn't to think lesser of her, oh no, he could never do that, but an eager mind did tend to doubt itself, mainly when her tone sounded the slightest bit flirtatious; “Suppose some things don't require a spoken note, do they?” and even more when he teased right back.

It didn't take long for him to catch a glimpse of blush beyond her plush pelt, and naturally, it set his ears up in flames. Though this time, instead of taking his usual bashful route, he relished the fact that she now knew he was feeling under the weather. There'd be not a difference in his colour, at least not one she could easily pinpoint the cause of. “Oh, dove, probably allergies... I did feel as if I was running a bit hot earlier, but with all this fur it's hard to tell.” Leaning in, aiming gently to scoop up her dainty paw in his own... Rather large, furred mitt. “Mind feeling my head?”

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
07-27-2021, 10:01 PM
^^
“Does that not make you my samurai?” She couldn't be certain if he was being honest or not, if this was all a game to them. Such as things were when one was too often joking and kidding around. For now, there was no harm in continuing on their banter and clarifying it later if necessary.

After all, she and Hotaru were in need of Samurai to watch over them soon. Now that the pack was growing and there was danger a foot with individuals stealing their prey, protection would be necessary. “Are you even up for such a task Tobi-sensei? Would you even be able to keep up?” It was a funny thought to think that she could give him the run around as she made through her daily routine. Certainly with those long legs of his he could keep up no problem, but it was a fantasy she could think of for the time being.

Even if the lad wasn't under the weather, the light changes in his features would go easily unnoticed. Too focused on not embarrassing herself to really study what he might be feeling. Instead her mind wandered to what might help these so called "allergies" of his. What could he possibly be allergic to in weather such as these?

There was no time to think of it for long as he scooped up her paw with his own mitts, the size comparison was extreme now that she could focus on it as his simply swallowed her own delicate toes with ease. There were many who were much larger than she, and yet now, now that she could see the comparison it was more dramatic than she ever could have imagined. “Oh uh um — y-yes.” A little flustered she tripped over her own words before reaching up with her toes to feel his forehead. 

A little warm.

With that revelation, a gentle frown found its way to her feminine features. A crease in her brows and a downward turned lip. Wanting to try elsewhere to see if he was warm all over, “Do you mind leaning over? I would like to see your ears...” For... reasons
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-27-2021, 11:16 PM

A selfless grin found sickly cheeks, roughly-etched paw pads holding her tiny hand atop his own with many hushed chuckles. “It makes me many things, Madam Ko, it depends on what you're wanting, though, doesn't it?” He'd never thought about it so formally, rankings and their descriptions. All he knew was that keeping a close eye on the little lady had kept her safe for longer than she'd probably come to realise.

But that was the trade, was it not? He'd keep her warm and safe, out of harm's grasp, simply for a daily glimpse at her greatness. The rest of the wonder she had to offer him wasn't necessary, it had never been, and he did his best to remind her. It felt... Dirty asking for her aid, even when he needed it dearly, just as he did now. “I've managed to keep up with you so far, haven't I?” Shortly gasping for air, sucking the atmosphere from comical to concerning. She'd place her paw above his brow, eyes narrowly avoiding her now outstretched frame. It was never polite to look.

“Warm, hm?” Truth be told, the male was bad for himself; having been sick for nearly a week. “I... Yes, that makes sense, here you are.” Fuzzy, flicking ears would soon be lowered as far as they could until he decided that laying down might be the best option. He'd place his head at her feet, muzzle practically between her legs, and wait for inspection.

the staff team luvs u
07-28-2021, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 12:41 AM by Reiko.)
^^
For once she had nothing to reply with - nothing appropriate for a woman like herself with a gentleman like Tobias. Nor would Reiko flat out admit what she wanted. What she had wanted since a little over a year ago and what was cruelly snatched away from her; a family. A husband and children with a complete family to care for them - not this fractured one she was given. Oh but how cruel would it be for her to bring such a thing to his attention.

So she remained silent and let the conversation pass, ignoring it while she pretended to focus more on his illness than anything else ad only speak up when something more appropriate for her to truthfully reply to came up. “In your state, I am surprised you can.” The heat radiating off of him was small, but present. Not one to be ignored should it get worse. 

A thought came to her head as she put two and two together. If her guess was right, they were already too far gone and there would be no reason for her to not continue with the assessment and hope the signs didn't all point to one thing.

With caution completely thrown to the wind, and all personal boundaries destroyed - as soon as Tobias lowered himself for her to check his temperature better, the Empress would use her nose to prod the inner ear of the man. This way she would use something more sensitive and not snow and ice hardened pads. 

“Warm.” Giving the man some distance now that she was certain of a mild fever. “Have you been sleeping in the communal dens? In contact with anyone recently?” Nurse mode activated.
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-28-2021, 06:47 PM

The dark Samaria would hold his tongue as she worked, honeyed orbs soon clasping with tears from lack of breath. She'd moved quickly, examining his paws, his face, his ears, and it was becoming alarmingly apparent that he was, indeed, poorly. The longer he lay in her company, the more his features began to swell with heat; and while the male was almost unusually warm naturally, the radiance that now protruded from him was very nearly melting the snow. “You know me, if I'm not messing with you I'm on my lonesome.” For the first time in ages it seemed his solitary lifestyle was benefiting him.

By now her worrisome ways were egging him; the sniffing, the poking. With every inch she grew closer, the more he would retreat into the snow to hide from her affections. Despite being warranted, he'd only been this intimate (if that was the right word) with her for mere seconds on the hour, this interaction seemed to be going on for days. “I... Maybe we should stop, there was a reason I had come here by myself, I didn't want you to get ill.” He wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing he'd harmed her, even if it was at her on doing. He could tell she didn't care, she'd gone into full-blown nurse mode and he had half the mind to think she'd scold him for all his fidgeting.

He pulled back the last time, lifting his head gently so he wouldn't clank into her, though as soon as he opened his mouth to nag his goodbyes, the mammoth of a male collapsed at her feet. Unconscious.

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
07-28-2021, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 07:45 PM by Reiko.)
^^
Even as she was occupied checking over his vitals and trying to be certain of her diagnosis - as grim it might be, it wasm more so of an annoyance than of actual danger. They would be sick, but not dead. So when Tobias spoke of "messing with her" in some manner, her cheeks and ears burned uncomfortably so and was thankful of where she was perched above him to hide the discomfort in her face. “Keep speaking like that and others might get the wrong idea of us.” As best as she could, she spoke steadily enough.

When Tobias had enough of her prodding, she was done and pleased with... well pleased was a strong word for what she found, but pleased with what she thought was the cause. “If it is what I think it is, it may be too late.” Even with her not seeming to be as nervous about it, she was worried for the others. For her daughter and what was to come, the sudden new responsibility that would fall onto her shoulders after today's events. 

Just as she was turning about to think of what to bring back as remedies, a plume of white alerted her enough to turn back around and see as Tobias laid unconscious on the ground. Wide eyes in surprise to the sight, it seemed there was much more that had to be done here if he was going to come back home safely and be tucked away before their disease would spread among their pack mates.

So she began working away on him. Taking this moment to her advantage where he wouldn't be able to protest any further.
^^End
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top