Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I'd be fine

Late Evening Fog 73° F
AW
Nightwalkers
07-15-2021, 12:12 AM
Set around Phantasm Brook

^^
The babbling brook filled the silence with its gurgling as Vengeance prowled along its rocky ledges. White streams of fast flowing waters rushed past, cutting through rocky paths carved by the waters, tossing up a brume into the mist and adding to the wet feeling that clung to the trees.

Every so often he would wonder if the river was filled with fish he didn't bother to find until now. The Warlord wasn't one to enjoy fish on a regular basis, but food was food and should there be a shortage on land - perhaps at least they would have the rivers that cut through their claim. Frogs and salamanders, water birds and all sorts of other critters. A pause in his tracks as he watched the waters flow with a thought in his head.

If a famine did come across these lands, it seemed that many of his kin were not opposed to eating their wolves brethren. So perhaps to find if there were fish in the river was something he could figure out another day, another time... or find someone who was keen on fishing and find it out themselves.

So long as there were starving bodies elsewhere - he was certain the Nightwalkers wouldn't go hungry.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
07-16-2021, 01:47 AM
He did not often stray far from the borders, but if his warlord wanted to conquer the entire vicinity, he supposed it gave him the right to explore. Caligula could barely contain his excitement at the potential conquest and he hoped oh so deerly (pun intended) that they began with removing the Elkshire queen. Even if she swelled with his whelps, mothers were expendable once the pups were born -- and oh, did he hope she birthed nothing but a litter of white. Nothing would have given him more delight than to bring Andraste the news of the sinner queen, but that was all still a ways off. For now, he simply wandered without realizing the stench of home was closer than before. @Vengeance may have been lurking nearby, but his general was far too preoccupied with thoughts of murder to notice.

the staff team luvs u
07-20-2021, 08:25 PM
^^
It seems that the Warlord would notice the General first. As the shift in the wind would come, so did Caligula's scent. It had been some time since the two men, the two leading men of the Nightwalkers had taken a moment to speak among themselves - so with that thought, Vengeance's course changed to intersect with that of the General.

With a casual woof to announce his presence before approaching too closely, the bastard sauntered up rather comfortably, casually for someone with a temper such as him. “Caligula.” He greeted as normally, despite how their last meeting might have ended on a sour note - he had already moved on. It was not forgotten, but simply wouldn't linger for the sake of the pack unless the other party, the General, would bring it up.

“We are gaining numbers finally.” With more along the way he was certain.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
07-21-2021, 03:29 PM
Caligula slithered through the mist unbothered, only aware of the warlord when his voice slashed through the silence. His tattered ears came to attention as the figure materialized, the same old hunk of flesh that he affectionately knew as @Vengeance. He approached without hesitation and the ghoul awaited him idly, curious as to what the man could have in the way of conversation.

Ah, yes, numbers.

"Yes, and soon enough there will be more," he offered, tail flicking in agitation by his hocks. "There is a woman I have secured for the pack who will be made use of when the time comes." As if she hadn't already been made useful by offering him an outlet for his anger, the poor thing. Caligula studied Vengeance, attempting to gauge how it might settle with the man that there would also be women he would not be sharing with others. The brute could have all the women he wanted, but none which Caligula had claimed for himself. Maeve had been claimed and as such, he would protect what rightfully belonged to him.

the staff team luvs u
07-21-2021, 09:41 PM
^^
Regardless of what Caligula might be thinking, his rank was nothing to spit at. Vengeance trusted the scared man enough to listen instead of brush him off for his own decisions. Whether they saw eye to eye or not on breeding and which females belonged to whom, Caligula had more rights within the pack than anyone - on par with Vengeance himself... all they had to do was not challenge for certain females. In Vengeance's eye, only Morag during her heat. Any other time she was fair game as far as he was concerned.

So when the General, well, Consigliere, spoke of having his own bitch to claim, Vengeance's dark brow quirked with interest as to who it might be. Perhaps having some bitch to drain his balls into would help ease his mood as well. “Ah.” With a calmed, glazed over gaze, he sought Caligula's single eye. “And who might she be? If she caught your eye, she must be something.” Especially since he was so involved with Eldra earlier before her passing - so he had already moved on...

So who was this mysterious lady?
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-23-2021, 02:42 AM
His justification in establishing his own dominance was a mere fabrication, Caligula knew. There was every piece of him that was nothing but intensely jealous of the warlord for being able to do as he pleased; he could have been more like him, but there was still the tiniest sliver of soul left eroding somewhere inside. Eventually, perhaps, he may give in to darker callings -- he certainly had with Vala and Maeve. He had found it enjoyable, too.

"No one important," he replied, voice smooth as stone. "She is a fighter, she is strong and will produce healthy children. Maeve, I believe." Though he hadn't really cared enough to make sure. Caligula shook himself, unbothered, and began to wonder when he might finally be able to sow his own seed without competition. He could keep his bitch all to himself, as far as Caligula cared. Had he any interest in her, things may have been different.. but her existence had been nothing but trivial, and even Eldra had made more of an impact on him. Perhaps it was best that way, for the two to be drawn towards different types -- Vengeance to anything with a pulse and a bloody cunt, and Caligula to women of substance that were worth the semen leaked into them.

Mm, yes. Perhaps it was better that way.

the staff team luvs u
07-26-2021, 08:41 PM
^^
No one important, he says. That could mean multiple things. Either Caligula was lying in order to keep the woman all to himself, or that all she was to him was just a piece of ass to keep him satisfied until someone better came along. Either way, whatever made him happy.“Good.” This time he would see if it was possible to get under Caligula's skin even further. 

Light that fire under his ass.

Just for the hell of it.

“I will make sure she produces. Give up the spawn we need.” After all, if this woman wasn't Caligula's and his alone... well, that means that Vengeance had just one other bitch for him to focus on as soon as her heat came around. So he spoke casually, seeing if Caligula already had his paw on this one and would make sure he would let others know what was his.
^^
the staff team luvs u
08-03-2021, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 10:51 PM by Caligula.)
"You will do no such thing, Vengeance," he replied coolly, his expression lacking any emotion whatsoever. It was a statement, a fact, a promise -- what belonged to him was not to be shared, and he had been the one to stake his claim first. "She is only to be covered by me, as is my right as your general." There was a fire in his single eye that danced with the excitement of speaking against his warlord, but there was no open defiance. No, it was nothing more than a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders and a flick of his tail to indicate he felt any given way about the situation. "I will gut anyone who touches her because she is my property." Just a parcel of land for him to sow his seeds and nothing more, but that certainly didn't mean he wanted everyone and their brother to come flouncing through his gardens.

the staff team luvs u
08-04-2021, 01:32 AM
^^
There was that fire he desired to see. So Caligula did plan on making this Maeve his and his alone.“Very well.” he hummed with a dark tune. I will not touch her, the other men however... well.” And he would stop there. It was up to Caligula to protect what was his and command that among their followers. If it were his right as General, just as Morag was his as Warlord, he would do the same to make sure to remind all what was his property.

Sauntering away for another day, he continued on his path down the stream. Having little else to speak with Caligula about for now and having gathered enough news for the day about his General and his new... bitch
^^Exit
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top