Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I'll be,

Early Morning Fog
AW
07-13-2021, 05:54 PM
@Reiko

She never did look back, and the distance just continued growing greater. Now shedding the codename of 'Koi,' the calico wolf had entered the tundra. She didn't even know how close it truly was, as she travelled throughout the land.. But generally, she also lost count on how long she had truly been gone, was it only a few days, or a few weeks? She no longer knew - except wondering if anyone would go searching for her. 

Though Sybil doubted ; she was not an important part of the Event Horizon, and knew from the Order, those who did not provide, were often left behind. So how she saw it, though her image of the group and how it truly was, became warped as her legs had lost it's way long ago, and only now.. It healed.

Under a tree did she shield herself, as a fog started to roll into this icy forest. She could hear the caribou in the distance moaning and signaling the others, and the occasional sound of the crunching snow.. Yet nothing else was to be hear.

the staff team luvs u
07-13-2021, 06:14 PM
^^
As she spent more time in the great white north, Reiko grew bolder with her travels. There were fewer wolves here than there were down in the warmer woods and mountains, where their numbers were thick as she could tell from their travels to find the missing royal children. Here, there were few and far in between as far as she could tell. The woods of soft snow and evergreens were now a comforting place for her now that her awakening no longer frightened her.

It had become a place of rebirth now instead of loss and pain in her joints. A new start in a new place, with new family building a home just a little North from here. All she had to do was avoid the mountain wolves a little to the West of their claim and between the Everfrost - which was easy enough to do now that she was familiar enough with the terrain. 

“Ah! Hello!” As she hopped her way down from the low hating branches of the tree, the little woman spotted a pretty tai-coloured woman sitting at the trunk of evergreen. Leaning down with claws clutching on the branches, she peered down carefully with brilliant bright eyes and smile on her lips. The mist didn't register just yet as Reiko's focus was on the pretty woman just below - unmoving as she didn't want to jump down on top of her or fall and crush the woman on the way down.
^^
the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
07-13-2021, 06:24 PM
It had been some time since she saw a wolf - and the other reminded her of Crux, yet unlike the stars and blackhole that align on his pelt, she was of pure white. A dainty thing, but like the snowy owl of the north she hung in the trees, gazing below with a crystal blue eye. She looked up, a tilted head in curiosity of firstly a wolf of the northern regions whomst clung to the pines. Though friendly as she was, Sybil couldn't help but smile back toward the greeting wolf, "Hello there. Foggy day, isn't it?"

the staff team luvs u
07-13-2021, 07:00 PM
^^
It was awkward standing here with her head down to address the woman below - was this what it felt like to be tall she wondered? The other woman smiled and the two just mimicked the other in a friendly greeting. “Fog?” She blinked, turning her attention to their surroundings for the first time since climbing her way up here to see if eggs could be a delicacy in these lands.

“Ah! I suppose so. How spooky~” It was rare and strange to see mist in the colder regions such as this. To watch the white clouds rolled by just above the snow cover was strange but not unwelcome. “Did you bring it here with you?” With a curious tilt of her head, Reiko knew it wasn't possible and yet thought it was funny how before there was no such thing around... but now, with this woman here, a fog had suddenly, unnaturally moved in.
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-13-2021, 07:08 PM
"Would that make me a witch?" Sybil chuckled at the thought - but perhaps it was but a destiny to bring with. The lands here were so unique she couldn't deny any possibilities anymore, such strange phenomenon that brought questions to a woman who called herself a scientist. A forest that forever remained in autumn - a wolf who wore rock jewelry on his paws and ears. A man with odd physique, someone who called himself a 'prince of stars,' and children.. So alone, but so scarred ;

the mysteries of this land couldn't be denied. She couldn't figure it out either, and tried to take it all by a whim. 

It brought a chuckle at the thought she casted it around ; something like a witch or an magic man would do. Though she held no powers, and no luck at turning the weather. The only part that was mysterious, was her legs healing from long before. An enteral energy, and useless muscles, but now renewed to the woman she was now.. Someone who was afraid of injury, and would remain clear from danger.

"I am Sybil, I came from the mountains."

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
07-13-2021, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2021, 11:45 PM by Aso. Edited 2 times in total.)
Tsukiishi mention

^^
The woman played along, asking if she was some kind of witch with the power to call the mist at her feet. That alone brought the Empress' imagination to fly on its own. What a mysteriously beautiful sight that could be. “Are you?” Wide eyes she leaned in a little more, threatening to fall over if she wasn't careful with her perch. “Would you be a wicked witch or a virtuous one?” She had a feeling it would be the later all things considered here, but why not play along in this little facade of theirs?

She was having fun anyway.

“Good morning Lady Sybil, I am Reiko from the Northern Mountain of Tsukiishi. May I ask what brings you this far North?” She had a general idea of the mountains by now, after spending a couple months travelling through it. She would have recognized Crux's pack scent on her if she hadn't been gone from home as long as she had. And so Reiko was blissfully unaware of where Sybil had come from specifically.
^^

+2 Disovery Points

the staff team luvs u
07-13-2021, 08:50 PM
"I would hope to be virtuous, but then what are you? The evil witch of the waste?" It had been some time since she enjoyed someone's company, feeling rather damp since meeting Kei. Throughout their childhood the two were never.. Well together, a tension that could be cut with a butter knife always hung in the air, and now that she had someone freely to talk to, her smile was widening. Though Event Horizon was quite nice, and the wolves were as well - it was Sybil's own fault for not interacting too much, and experiencing this fun. 

The mountain she gave sounded similar to an Asian-origin one, but she didn't think too much about it. Wolves of these lands seem to naming certain areas, and that didn't exactly mean that they came from different regions or languages. Ichorwood was a simple sounded name that weaved off the tongue, but she wasn't sure what language it took after, and just a wisp of thinking, "Wandering, thinking, enjoying some distance."

She kept the previous pack's name out, or the alias she took from them. Sybil wasn't one to share too much about herself, or what she was doing.

the staff team luvs u
07-13-2021, 10:28 PM
^^
“Of the waste?!” She squealed like a child. Laughing at the suggestion. “If I were, I would hope to be the witch of these icy wastelands.” Making sure to put an emphasis on her pun, she let the word linger just a little longer on her tongue before continuing the word. 

With the giggles fading, Reiko took a moment to step down from the tree branches. Carefully picking the same branches she used to get up in the first place until finally she was within reach of the solid ground. It was not polite to speak to someone from so high up after all - what if her neck got strained from looking up so high!

“It is nice and quiet here for some thinking.” Well sometimes, come to think of it. “Except for the winter birds who remain, but the sound of chickadees is pretty uplifting.” At least in comparison to the busy southern regions who seem to be bursting with life at every corner. Frankly Reiko loved the sound of songbirds filling the air, and perfume of grasses and flowers - but nothing quite beat the beautiful white north. 
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-13-2021, 10:49 PM
"Is your territory like these wastelands, or more of a fantastical wonderland?" She felt a genuine smile, laughing as the other went along with her joke - not realizing perhaps if any other responded, it would've been an insult. Though she did wonder if the other lived in the more arctic plains, or a forest similar to this one. Sybil did think it was quite beautiful, she could imagine the sun glistening off the snow, but at the moment the fog covered it. She doesn't know too much about the arctic.

"The sound of the forest is always the most pleasant aftertime." Part of the order she belonged in was protecting nature itself ; how could one who did not love nature, protect it so? She loved the occasional silence it held and watching the wildlife, even if technically she too, was part of the wildlife.

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
07-13-2021, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2021, 11:45 PM by Aso. Edited 3 times in total.)
describing Tsukiishi

^^
“Mine are much more fantastical than these! As beautiful as the trees and soft snow are —” Pawing at the snow and taking up a paw-full of the powder white to observe its light as air presence. My home is both strange and beautiful. Towering rocks with trees clinging to their sides and snow ever present as here. Some of the spires even reach as high as the clouds while others only reach less than half as high of those. She smiles thinking back to their strange new home. 

“The rocks and spires look like nothing I have seen here or elsewhere.” Almost alien, otherworldly even as the name stems from the moon itself. With an agreeing nod, she too believed the same about nature and the sound of the forest - mountains and its distant falling rocks. The river and its running water. Or the chattering of family near by. 

Perhaps Reiko could feel at home almost anywhere if she truly thought about it. 
^^

+1 Disovery Points

the staff team luvs u
07-13-2021, 11:11 PM
"Like a split mountain?" She had trouble thinking what exactly Reiko was trying to decipher, though she gotten a clear image of rather a mountain quite close to each other, shorter, less round of the end. Though beautiful in imagination, she had trouble thinking how exactly the rocks can stay like so without toppling - Sybil grew curious, she wanted to know the structure. There was a silence coming from the woman, almost one could see the steam rise from her ears trying to think of a logical point to it. She called it Tsukiishi, a place known for the towering spires and beautiful trees.. Almost maze-like, as she described it.

"It sounds very nice."

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
07-13-2021, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2021, 11:45 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Tsukiishi description

^^
“Hmmm...” She pondered the question, placing her paw on her chin to think it over. “Not quite like a mountain split.” Her words fell softly in thought, remembering the lands in question to piece together how to explain them properly. “It is more like they rise from the ground to reach the skies.” Did that make any sense at all?

Perhaps not.

“I have grown fond of it.” A sigh. They had to explore the lands further still to find all its little secrets - already they had found beautiful den behind some frozen falls for them to be lulled to sleep with the gentle sound of water behind ice. “If you are curious, I would love to show you?” Perhaps seeing it will make more sense to Sybil than a vague, barely understood description.
^^

+1 Disovery Points

the staff team luvs u
07-13-2021, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2021, 12:21 AM by Sybil. Edited 1 time in total.)
She hummed slightly.. An invitation she would be glad to except ; but the real question remained, would she return to Event Horizon? Mostly likely not. She started to grow more fond of this lady, and grew to the idea of being away. Especially since her sister was there, someone who deeply disliked Sybil - she didn't want to stand in her way to how she could shine within the group. Far more then she has, or ever will.
"I'd be delighted to."

So, she shed off the new past, and alias of 'Koi,' and introduced herself by her true name - Sybil.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top