Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Read Only
The price of your greed is your son and your daughter,

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
Read Only
Discovery
07-12-2021, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 08:27 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
[narrow width=700]
 The sand twisted about her as she lay in the shadow of the Eye. Her own eyes shut, her body tense - it was clear the woman was asleep, waiting for the cool winds of night to appear.

Within her mind, was chaos.

A man, flush with reds and dingy browns, stood before her. His gaze set upon her with vicious intent, teeth bared and snarling. You shouldn't have come back, Fen. his voice rang, sending spears into her heart. Here, he had all the might of his youth, all the power held within his bones that he had lost as his mind had left him. Here, he was pure once more. You were dead.

I am dead, she replied with something that was a mix of growl and whine, We all are. Can't you see that? This isn't home, this is no where near home.

All I see is a liar, a fraud. he spat back, You left me with our children. Ran off to whore with that freak, to have his mutant children.

Her eyes flashed and a growl bubbled up within her. You left me. Your mind was gone, you were barely alive. Our children were dead from the moment they breathed in that swamp air.

NO, Fen. The beast roared, lunging towards her. I was as alive as you!

She awoke with a start, his last words ringing in her ears: But you won't be for long. Stumbling to her paws, she shook off the sand, steely eyes flashing over those who she had claimed already, if they were even near enough in the shadows of the cave. Their time to leave this land would come soon, but there was still much to explore.

For instance, the caves below were yet unexplored. She passed the others, trailing into the winding tunnels. The deeper she got, the more moss and other small cave plants she found, especially when paired with cracks in the ceilings letting light filter in from far above. This cave system was a temple from a long-ago time. Hallways and passages had been set up in years prior, perhaps before this land even was here.

For if the wolves climbed up out of the sand, why couldn't lands themselves appear suddenly from distances and ages past?

She slowed before the river, walking down the aged carved steps and leaning down to drink the crisp water. Where did this water come from, here in the Eye of Osiris? Her gaze followed the shadowy edges. Long ago, this place would have been lit not only by the collections of mirrors and cracks above, but also by firelight - this was something that Andraste didn't know, of course, and something she might never know.

Not in this life.
[/narrow]

+2 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u

“Common”    “Loet'ah (Cheunh)”
scroll to top