Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
They looked backward and said goodby, she had become like they are

Late Evening Rain 82° F
P
Discovery
07-04-2021, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 09:53 PM by Aso. Edited 2 times in total.)

^^
Once more he left the pack's borders into the capable paws of @Caligula to watch over as he roamed the Temperate in search for more followers to add to their ranks, to grow in power before they began their reign of tyranny over the Temperate section of their new-home. 

Adelhelm.

Soon all would know of the name he had given these lands as they would speak of it with fear of the Nightwalkers, and naturally... of their Warlord as well. Though he did not believe in immortality, even with his own mortal body despite how powerful he may think of himself to be - Vengeance believed the key to his own immortality was to spread fear and implant his memory as legends of the fearsome Warlord who terrorized all in his path; and if possible... leave Nightwalkers in the capable paws of someone who would continue his legacy with their own reign.

But all came in time.

As impatient as he was, Vengeance knew all came with careful movements as to not destroy what he worked on creating for the second time.

Once more he wandered into the kingdom he wished to claim from his throne within the mist. Beyond the mountains that separated him from the plains and into a flowery meadow that contrasted heavily with his own gruesome, nightmarish appearance. A stain that wandered the perfumed flowers as he cut through them without a thought. Gentle rain fell from the heavens, washing over everything and slicking down his matted coat to cling to Warlord's body. The cool rain was a welcomed addition as summer's heat began its toll on the inhabitants, even Vengeance could only handle so much heat.
^^

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
07-05-2021, 05:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 09:54 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
[Image: ssGTTPV.png]

It was muggy, humid, and wet. It was despair, made real as a plague washed the land in watery drape. And Priest fucking hated it. But Priest hated a lot of things, and whether it be torment upon himself, or himself inflicting torment upon others, he had to ensure there was dismay inflicted one way or another. There was no rest. Same as now, considering he had to locate-
Who? What? Where? Who was he even trying to find? He couldn't place a digit on it, and instead used them to travel these plains for answers. He was no longer in Sleeping Dragon with the rest of his family, that much was established. But he could at least attempt to find them.

The youngblood had gone quite a ways, and had eventually landed indigo eyes on a nice field of flowers. They seemed to revel in the humid lifestyle this side of Mother Nature offered. A generous shake attempted free his coat of that same annoying blessing she had bestowed upon him. No, it still clung to onyx and russet mahogany fur with no care for his distaste. The fields of greenery surely mocked him.

Yet his attention was not as perceptible as he imagined it to be- as he missed the stench wafting from a living boulder, as well as the wet brownred that drained from a chiseled form among the pretties, a cruel perfume, indeed, as it both fed and poisoned the happy flora around it.. And unnoticed, at that.

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u

And I took red pills...                         

...to take the blues away...

Discovery
07-05-2021, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 09:54 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
Unnoticed, was a rare treat for the Warlord to take hold of and run with.

With his size, stench and zero fucks given for being heard, or smelled before being seen - it was a rare occasion that one would not know of his presence before he knew of theirs.

He lumbered around in the field of flowers as moonlight lit his path through the fine, green leaves of the canopies above. Heavy paws ruthlessly crushing the beauty he walked upon as a shift in the wind alerted him of the company that roamed nearby. The 'boulder' lifted his head. Slime, saliva stringing from his sickly maw as he looked around with brilliant ruby eyes.

Hunger digging into his gut to think that there might be a meal near by.

Slithering out from the undergrowth as he approached the mahogany man, one he was unfamiliar with as they roamed what would soon be his to claim (unofficially but to the power hungry Warlord, it was fair game as soon as he had enough followers to consider an army). 

Coming up as close as he could before being noticed, only once within good, possibly striking distance if the mood hit him to lunge - only then did the brute's maw split with a grotesque, wet grimace as he spoke with hunger tainting his words. “You are a new face. Whom might you be?”

He spoke as if he was already the king of this section of Adelhelm.
^^

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
07-05-2021, 08:04 PM

His soul nearly fled from the most offering orifice. Hind swung to find what he had not expected to even be a living thing behind it, a careless fault for his front to now witness. Indigo eyes burned almost with brine of the copper rank this creature was doomed to wear, and the voice that cradled his ears did so with doom. Nightmares would come of this encounter no doubt, and Priest didn't have much left to offer any Celestials to keep this thing from sickening his mind with afterthoughts. Instinct and common sense urged him to backpedal a bit, but whatever hellish thing lurked in the garnet eyes beholding him... chains prevented his better judgement from acting, and his limbs were glued under the hellspawns hex. 

"Priest." That was all his forced inhale allowed him to cough to the forepaws of the man before bile threatened his gullet. But his gaze would not break from that of the demon before him. Finally, a shift in wind bled mercy into his lungs, to which he greedily drank in the fresh air, and freed himself from the immediacy of the creature before him with a few steps back. To some degree, the stench... it almost seemed to lessen only enough for him to continue functioning without some ruse display to piss this man off. "I'm not too familiar with this place, yea." He wanted to ask the man where he had originated from, or even what the name of this place was. He hadn't nearly explored enough to get any sense of direction other than where he had woken up, but that was purely it. "Is it your land? Your home or territory?" he asked, without trying to seem too nosey. There was no way these flowers could have survived this man walking through them, should this territory be his. Unless they too, thrived off of sick dementation such as he?

the staff team luvs u

And I took red pills...                         

07-05-2021, 08:22 PM
^^
The Nightwalkers were growing steadily in numbers. Slowly he gained more moxie. Rapacity flooded his veins with every new face that joined his ranks. Gaining a stronger foothold on the lands with which he walked upon. He was no king, no, he was a plague just ready to spread the sickness he carried to every corner of the Temperate region he could. These would be his to control, with no desire to tread on Hydra's claim any time soon or to threaten their alliance with greed...

At least, not yet. 

Only time would tell just how far his greed would push him, how ballsy he would get with the power given to him with an army at his beck and call. Right now, he had enough brain left to think things through - and this man was no ally of his, thus, was fair game for the Warlord's sport.

Priest, what a strange name... but who was he to judge? Did he too re-name himself after a self-given rebirth like Alric had? Or were his parents some kind of religious folk with a strange taste in names.

“Yes.” Well, it may as well be. But who was he to start thinking of technicalities just yet? He wanted it all, and so he would simply claim it until war was on their doorstep to fight for its freedom from his blackened grasp. “My name is Vengeance, Warlord of the Nightwalkers. I claim all within these regions. What is your purpose here?” he fished for reasons - was this man planning on settling here?

If so, perhaps this would be the first pack to meet with his growing greed - to be taxed of everything they owned for the desire of peace.
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-06-2021, 04:52 AM

As contradictory as it sounded, the grating sounds of claws against blood-wetted flesh sounded familiar to the Sahira, but it didn't feel tinged with that kinship pull. Instead, it sounded as though he had come across this dark hole before, and he felt himself near an event horizon. He felt that slight pull to make contact with that void, and test to see if it was something he could trust, or something that would swallow him whole. To live life, one had to- 

Tempt death.

"Pasiais, leyta iv sis aikste." His baritones lowered as he offered that tender tendon the semblance of respect it deserved. Now the man could have been lying to him, as Priest didn't notice any additional scents, but he wasn't proud of not being as aware as he should have been. Especially considering he was staring a wolf named 'Vengeance' in the face, within striking distance on his turf. Especially if he was supposed to be finding his kin, not tramping through claimed lands like a fucking child.

Enough of a breath had passed for Priest to identify a translation for the devil, confirming the man was not of his blood. "My bad; I didn't mean to disrespect." His luck, the other wolf was in fact able to understand him, and they were the very entity they needed to bolster their claim over these lands. However, with them claiming this territory, did that make Vengeance the Chosen, and not himself?

No- there was no way the beast before him was Sahirian. He felt a nauseating kiss of both relief and woe seep into his head. His family needed each other, not enemies. "No, we're not planning to settle here. Where's your borders? Don't wanna come in unwelcomed, again." His Uncle would have gutted an intruder who was caught lacking, and made a novelty out of them. This man was kind enough to announce himself, first. Slade would not have. "I'll let them know the same.", he offered as a given on the table.

If you can.

the staff team luvs u

And I took red pills...                         

07-08-2021, 02:28 PM
^^
Was he lying? That was debatable. To him, Vengeance truly believed he would claim all of the Temperate region. To hold it firmly in his grasp and squeeze its resources to feed his people, his army, and let them have the savage fun they all desired and loved. That they no longer had to keep to themselves in the small woods of Blackwood but instead had a whole region to run wild and free and harass all that were unlucky enough to be found.

But would that dream be realized? Only time would tell; so for now, Vengeance truly believed that these were his to claim and monopolize like some kind of twisted Emperor without a crown. 

Expressionless he listened as the man expressed they had no interest in settling here, asking the obvious question of where his borders were. Thankfully, Vengeance had wandered these lands enough to know the relatively details... but where to place his so called "borders"... “From the Thundering Grasslands of the North, to the river in the South.” He quickly decided, leaving the lands near the South untouched for now in respect to his alliance with @Célnes

Granted they had not discussed any of it, but Vengeance was unwilling to negotiate. He would take what he wanted. If she had a problem with it later, perhaps he would listen for the sake of their alliance. For now, what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her. 

“But you do plan on settling with your own group?” He would prod, information was a precious thing and one he would not pass up the opportunity to know. “Tell me about your kin.” It was not a question, he demanded to know despite the lack of bite in his words. The Warlord would play nice here for a little while longer... These were unofficial claims after all and not specifically Blackwood, so he had no true reason to get aggressive just yet.
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-09-2021, 01:16 PM

The Sahira made sure to remember the names of the landmarks so he could very well keep the Family away from them. Last thing he wanted was to get on this brute's bad side. The wind shuffled their fur just a bit, and luckily Priest was upwind, and it forbade the cologne of the male before him from entering his nares. Instead, it brought Priest's air to Vengeance, allowing him to get a read on his circumstances and health. Priest hoped that would be enough to answer any additional questions about who he was and who he rolled with, yet another set of questions came to crinkle the smooth landing.

Frankly, Priest had not the slightest clue where they would be settling. Varui had placed a meet point for the Family who had found each other, her howl a beacon to any Sahira who was wandering near it, every night. Priest had joined her, allowing his voice to bolster the resolve that they were in fact, not alone in this seemingly empty world. But where they howled was not here, among trees and greenery. They called from the mountains, and it was a nice distance from here. He declined the question that had a tinge of...anxiety? There was something loaded in that question that hadn't gone unnoticed by the calm Sahira, but he avoided touching on it. "
Nah, man. This isn't for us." The Prince of Torment spoke for all of his Family, though as of the moment, he had only crossed with a cousin he hadn't much memory, or rather none at all, coming across. She was wise though, despite her youth. She would make a great navigator, or even a planner. Something that would make use of her quick thinking and ambassadorship skills. Her scent was the only one that lie on Priest's fur.

"
It's just me and someone else." He labeled her aloofly as he didn't speak of Family matters or relations to Unrelated that were not' trusted. Priest was a smart man, and tried to keep it that way. "Looking for others who'd woken up in this place that we knew before we ended up here."
To get the subject off of himself, he unraveled his own questions. "
Is there any advice you got for us? About this place?"

the staff team luvs u

And I took red pills...                         

07-11-2021, 07:03 PM
^^
The man confirmed that this land was not for him to claim - all the better. Though it also meant they had fewer to chase out and prove their claim of the Temperate region - that was... other than the Pantheon he was waiting to hear of. Perhaps this one would also spread the word that the Temperate was claimed by a monster and to enter would bring down his wrath upon them.This way the Temperate's resources would be theirs and theirs alone to use at their leisure, away from Elkshire until they too used up the last of his benevolence.

The mahogany coated man wanted advice for how to live in these new lands - to which Vengeance did not really want to share any tricks of the trade with one who would do little to nothing in return for such a favour. And so all he spat out with a slow, deep drawl of his words as rubies sought the other's gaze. “Leave your previous life behind. It means nothing here.”

Unless the other man had more to share about his own experiences instead of trying to squeeze whatever Vengeance might offer - the Warlord would leave the man alone... for now. Only to follow his scent at a later time to make sure he would be on his merry way as stated, away and out of the Temperate to settle elsewhere.
^^
sorry its short! we can end this soon if you'd like! I don't have much to add

the staff team luvs u
07-12-2021, 03:19 PM
Quote:yea no prob! Thankssss~ <3

He was instructed a simple message, given nothing behind the garnet stare that oceanic depths couldn't fathom. There was no point to the past. What mattered was what was now. He could fuck with that. Was simple enough. A slight nod was what he tossed back to the massive brute, and after a second more, he backed away, and began his walk back to where he had come. His gait was quickened as he began to think of the weird sense of dejavu while he passed through the rest of the field from that man's presence. He couldn't understand it.

But the Young blood reflected a bit more as he dipped through the sparse woods, the words echoing through his head the more he tries to dismiss them. 'It means nothing here.' Something in that weighed more than simple redirection.

As he finally got back to the land where he had settled with Varui, he concluded he would eventually cross Vengeance again, one day. Perhaps when he was better equiped with questions and conversation.

the staff team luvs u

And I took red pills...                         

scroll to top