Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Take it with a pillar of salt, H.A.L.T., it’s not my fault

Afternoon Overcast 76° F
AW
06-30-2021, 01:48 AM
nightwalkers come say hi to this gremlin!

there were souls converging on their little home. people bound to vengeance, perhaps not as literally as he was, but still strong in its own mundane, boring way. the idea of a little army brought him glee, though he was not martial in any sort, either in his life, or more upright undeath. pranks and magic, sure, but fighting? never. he was a trickster! though blood and gore did feel nice when first spilt, he never yearned to do it himself save to eat.

all that drabble aside, what was brewing excited him not that way, and he yearned to meet the players that he was to be allied (by proxy) with.

the staff team luvs u
☠ thₑ gₕₒsₜ wᵢₜₕ ₜHₑ mₒₛₜ ☠ ₜₕe gₕoₛₜ wᵢₜₕ ₜₕₑ ₒₛₜ ☠ ₜₕₑ gₕₒₛₜ wᵢₜₕ ₜhₑ Mₒₛₜ ☠
07-01-2021, 12:09 AM
^^
The silence that lingered began to eat away at his mind. It made the Warlord mad with boredom, but not enough so to jump the gun ad begin terrorizing with nothing to back him up with. Still... Célnes had brought new players in the Temperate landscape to his mind, and perhaps now was the time to investigate their little group.

Their newest recruit, Betelgeuse was one that came to mind in seeing what he was capable of. The man with stench rivalling that of the Warlord himself was an interesting fellow, not one who looked capable of fighting - but certainly had use elsewhere. Maybe recon was where he could be best used.

And the man didn't come to thought just because his stench lingered on the path the Warlord walked upon. Well, maybe it was a little bit of a reason why his name popped up. 

A rolling hum announced his arrival as he approached the strange man, eyes holding onto his figure. “I may have a job for you.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
07-07-2021, 10:48 PM
he wasn't surprised by how easily he was found — he wasn't much for stealth in the first place — so turned to vengeance expectantly when he heard the larger man hum as he approached with a grin. any pleasantries he might have uttered died in his throat. “a job?” he drawled, his real surprise exaggerated into mock shock. “what is it?” he grinned, conspiratorial, wondering what the big man had in store for him.
the staff team luvs u
07-07-2021, 11:42 PM
^^
"Pleasantries", it would suggest that he had some tact when it came to getting down to business. They were all busy folk, well, Betelgeuse will soon be busy at least if he wasn't already. Vengeance would be sure of it. “There are others near by I wish to know more of.” He started, letting the words linger just a little before continuing as if should he speak too fast, his message would be lost.

“Beyond the mountains, Célnes spoke of a pack called The Pantheon that settled close enough to her lands. Find where they reside and all you can on who they are and how many there are.” Were they the peaceful kind that might put up a fight when push comes to shove? Another troublesome mercenary group for him to focus on? He had to know what they are dealing with... if it was worth getting their paws dirty immediately or if they could sit tight until taxation could begin.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
08-25-2021, 01:40 AM
ooh, spying (that's what it was, really, just phrased without the glitz and glamor). betel perked up, expressing his interest in uncharacteristic silence.

the word seemed familiar. he had to draw back, back, but it clicked eventually, slotting into place. the memory itself was hazy; there was another wolf, a woman, talking something about pantheon. she herself was strange, saying that she was of the same realm as he. “i think i have a rough idea of where and what yer talkin' 'bout, boss,” he said. there was a hint of uncertainty — it had been awhile after all — but he could take himself there. “they do somethin' wrong?” he grinned, almost leering.

the staff team luvs u
08-26-2021, 12:31 AM
^^
Ah —

Nothing he loved seeing more in the eyes of his followers than that glitter of interest. That pique of their attention as he grasped it without much effort - something that would in fact empower him no less. 

“Not quite.” He drawled. Did they do anything wrong? No, they had kept to themselves and had done so quite well that he had to send someone out specifically to find out about them. “Nothing other than settling within my reach.” For if they were close enough, it was fair game after all wasn't it?

They were in his land, in Célnes' piece he supposed she would want to claim no less. That alone was enough for him to want to know more about them before making a move against them, or use them for resources. Whatever he and Célnes would decide to do with them.
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-01-2021, 11:02 PM
his face dropped, crestfallen. he watched the boss as he continued, waiting for something, anything else—“pffft,” he let out a raspberry, deflating. “borrrriiiiiing!” he rolled his eyes. like, he got it. they were wolves, territory and all that, his kids were probably close to them, but... “there's gotta be somethin' more than that, huh?” he hoped prodding would be enough to get him to reveal some kind of nugget of information.
the staff team luvs u
09-09-2021, 11:17 PM
^^
Betelgeuse was an excitable man from the looks of it. Nosy - not that it wasn't within his rights. This was his pack and Vengeance was his leader after all. So wanting to know the nitty gritty details would always be on certain members minds; while others danced through his stench covered breeze and letting him take them wherever. Betelgeuse was not the later.

Dropping his lids half way down those ruby lit eyes, the Boss grinned in response before speaking in a level tone. “A rat is barely trusted, come back when you've earned your place higher up in the ranks.” Oh he gave a nugget alright, a nugget to excite the filthy star-born to work harder in order to be "in" with all the information and plans.

After all, how was he to trust that this man wouldn't tell others of their plans to conquer the Temperate and thus dash their dreams before it was even able to begin?
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-10-2021, 10:50 PM
he sucked his teeth, though even he couldn't say how earnest the expression was. “got me chompin at the bit, boss,” he huffed, his body deflating as he sulked. this time he exaggerated the motion, taking the role of the petulant child. it would be nice to know what was going on, but at the same time...it wouldn't be fun. he didn't know what schemes his boss was up to, could only guess. and what he guessed now was that he and his elk-worshipping side-piece were planning on expansion. or maybe, just him through the proxy of caring for his children. “want me out asap?”
the staff team luvs u
09-21-2021, 09:22 PM
^^
“Good.” Let them caluminate about him, about what the Nightwalkers future hold for all those around them. Perhaps their thoughts would paint him in a light they had yet to see, one they imagined all on their own and which would let him do as he pleased under the guise that “it could always be worse”.

“The faster you do it, the faster you get to know what the plans are.” The vile man grinned. Lips stretched back in a sharp grin as he tossed a wayward glance to the semi-stripped lad. Maybe his desire to be “in on the know” would light that fire under his ass to get a move on.
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-26-2021, 09:21 PM
he grinned knowingly. tit-for-tat, then. or at least that was the promise. vengeance could be pullin on his leg for all he knew, leading beetle along with promises to get him to do his bidding. he wasn't sure if he cared much if the larger man did; he didn't have much of a choice, bound or not. “aye, aye, or, capisce, yeah?” he wasn't entirely sure what the actual schtick of the place was; he was getting mob vibes, but he admittedly didn't know much about mob lingo other than the most popular. with that, he trotted off to do his task, at the very least glad to have something to do.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top