Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I'd never seen a child with so many worries.

03-07-2021, 07:43 AM
“Scare me away?” She echoed him, turning her muzzle to look at him. At the same time, Persephone found herself experiencing a round of confusion; what could ever scare her away from him so badly that she would not want to spend her time with him? His words were taken in, appreciating how they made her feel, though she gave no answer. Not verbal anyway. The warmth she felt from him, the peace that having him close brought her only drove her closer, snuggling into his warm embrace with a low, content sound. This was where Persephone found happiness, where she found peace and shelter from the storm of her own thoughts. Or were they her Mother's words, insidious and twisting in their timbre?

Whosever they were, Persephone found herself able to ignore them, leaning into the male's broad chest with eyes closed. She breathed him in here, drawing in his particular scent so that she could commit it to memory in a way that she knew she would never, ever forget. “You smell as fire,” She said, surprised as she was able to put a name to the smell. “Ash and smoke.” It was a good scent, one that pulled her in an enveloped her, one that Persephone gave herself to easily and without question.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: 32742104_CtCyQBtRsKxdbdr.gif]
— Hades is welcome in any thread Persephone is in, and, may powerplay her if the need is there
— Mother, please stay out of my threads :c
03-07-2021, 08:16 AM
"It's happened before," A cautious answer - and of course he would tell her if she wanted to know. People feared him often. Between his size and then just...general qualities....and his father. Hades let out a breath and tucked himself further into her fur. Those thoughts were so many miles away. Whole realms. Her assessment of her scent - ash and fire - surprised him. "Fire and ash?" He repeated it and chuckled. As close as she was, she probably felt it through his chest. "And yet you cling closer." He rumbled. He tucked his head over hers and held her for a moment and in that time it was just surrender. "You smell like....like life. Like new. Soft and inviting." Hades didn't have specifics. It wasn't something obvious like flowers - this was entirely different and was deeper than her

Fire could be destruction, it could be chaos. But then the idea that it might be good too - it could bring things back to the earth, make things new and good. It would feed the world for the renewal. It was just hard for Hades to see things that way. "You confuse me in the best of ways, little goddess." Hades admitted softly. This was enough. He didn't worry about anything else. 

the staff team luvs u
03-07-2021, 08:27 AM
“Why do you call me that?” She asked, her question soft and curious, pulling her head up to look at the man that so towered over her. “Little goddess,” She repeated, blinking those soft eyes at him as she implored him for a response, an answer. “And why do I confuse you?” Wasn't that a bad thing? Something that others didn't want? Persephone knew she hated the feeling of confusion, of listlessness, though that might have been a direct result of her mother always instructing her, commanding her time. Persephone had never had much time to slow down and consider, had never had much time to be confused over things. Only reluctance and love and frustration and fleeting happiness.
the staff team luvs u
03-07-2021, 08:55 AM
Why did he? For a moment there was a touch of panic on his face that he'd offended her somehow. "Because goddesses deserve their worships and their wrath - and if you don't worship them properly, then, surely you'll invoke their wrath." He mused with a small smile. He looked down at her, meeting her eyes in a sort of ease he felt he had no rights to have so quickly. He didn't know quite how to describe things to her and sort out the mush of confusion in his head. "It's good," He assured her with a small smile. "That you are so different to me, so unlike others. It's just nice." He didn't want to paint himself as despondent or negative. He didn't want to be a downer. And yet he was used to the manipulation, of being used. Despite the fact it had been no time at all, he found himself charmed and relaxed with her. 

the staff team luvs u
03-07-2021, 09:05 AM
“Worship, hm?” A giggle, the tinkle of a bell that rang faintly in the forest. “And how, pray tell, would you worship me?” She asked, pulling away from him then to not just put a touch of space between them but also to better get a look at his face. She did like that he enjoyed her company, as she did his, but that did not mean he would be freed from her games, from her playfulness. Leaning down onto her forelegs, Persephone watched the man she'd begun to get to know better, tail waving languidly behind her.

“Will you be able to catch me?” She wondered aloud, eyeing him with a mischievousness that her mother would never have encouraged. But again, Mother was not here, and Persephone was her own wolf. A wolf that enjoyed the attentions of her male companion, that enjoyed his gentle admissions and his imposing presence. Drawn, like a moth to his flame, Persephone darted in to nip him before bouncing away, laughing sweetly as she paused to see his reaction.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: 32742104_CtCyQBtRsKxdbdr.gif]
— Hades is welcome in any thread Persephone is in, and, may powerplay her if the need is there
— Mother, please stay out of my threads :c
03-07-2021, 09:15 AM
The question and the coy way she offered it just drew him in more. "Why," It was almost as natural as he could make it, a slow draw to his voice. "Worship you in every way possible - every way you desire." He responded and licked his snout. The urge was there to do something more - to reach out as she bowed down for him. The ideas that sprang forth in his head, inspired by her pose, were nothing but filthy and he had to stand and shake his coat out to distract himself. "Catch you?" He repeated, smirking at her. 

"There is no where you can run that I wouldn't chase you." Hades said - but he'd give her no easy go of it, not like before. Her nip and then how quickly she darted away only spurned him into action. His laughter ringing through the trees as he chased his little goddess. It seemed natural, she the chariot pulling him along and he followingly willingly in her wake. 

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top