Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

I will survive

Morning Sunny/Clear
06-20-2021, 11:55 PM
 Oh jeez, this was so great. Julooke accepted his offer and he realized now that he'd have to rip her piece off. It was honestly great that she wanted that part. It meant that the fish wouldn't be staring at him accusingly as he ate. So, he placed his paws on the fish and used his mouth to try to rip the head off. It wasn't the easiest process and he nearly made a mess of it but he managed to break the bone and pull the head off. "There ya go!" And then he began to munch on the remainder of the fish.

After he'd finished, he wandered back to the lake's edge and began to clean his paws and his face. He much preferred that over wiping it away with his tongue, maybe he'd get more used to that later. So, after he finished cleaning himself, he wandered back over to Julooke and flopped onto the ground in a poof of dust. He flopped over onto his side and shrugged. "No idea. I was kinda just wandering around randomly. I've got no idea where I'm going if I'm being honest." You're not being honest. He hushed that part of his brain up.

"Should we go looking for packs?" It might be a bit easier to join if she was along with him. She probably knew how to talk to other wolves better than he... although talking to her wasn't much different than talking to a person.

the staff team luvs u
06-21-2021, 12:13 AM
He admitted that he didn't really have any plans, and didn't know where he was going. It's okay, I don't either, she said with a smile. I know I want to join a pack, just haven't found one yet, she explained. When he asked if they could look together, her smile brightened. I'd like that! It would sure beat being lonely. 

We can chill here for a bit, if you want, then start searching, she suggested. Do you have a preference of where you want to live? Mountains, plains, cold, warm, etcetera? she asked. She herself didn't, so it would be easy to pick in a place of his preference, if he had one.
the staff team luvs u
06-21-2021, 12:21 AM
 It seemed as if she was just as enthusiastic about searching for a pack with him. He knew they'd find one that would fit them, how hard could it be right? He was idly curious how long she'd been looking for one but he didn't ask. It would just be a mystery for now. "Chilling sounds good." He yawned and then rolled over onto his back. He made a strange motion as he forgot himself and nearly tried to put his hands behind his head but then remembered when they wouldn't bend the proper way. Oh... right. He just pulled his arms back down to sit them on top of his chest. Well, this was fine.

"Hmmm..." He idly wondered as he stared up at the clouds, absently making shapes out of the ones he could see. "Definitely don't want to live somewhere cold." Yeck, he always had hated winter. "But I don't want somewhere too hot either." Because he would roat and... wait, could wolves get sunburn? Eh, probably wasn't that big of a deal to figure out. "Maybe like a forest or something? Preferably a flat-ish one." Mountains were pretty and all but they were all rocky and you had to continuously walk up and down hills and he was not graceful enough for that. He looked back at her from where she appeared upside down. "Is that too picky?" He asked with a chuckle.

the staff team luvs u
06-21-2021, 12:33 AM
When he agreed to "chill" with her, and once her cleaning was done, she stretched out her front legs to relax, and then watched him as he rolled over onto his back and seemingly flailed his legs in the air before settling them on his chest. Not the most conventional position she had seen wolves in, but okay. 

So, not hot but not cold, preferable flat and maybe with some trees. She couldn't help but grin and chuckle when he asked if that was too picky. I think we can find something along those lines, she replied, humor in her voice. We can head a little south of here, see what we find. She supposed if they didn't head too far south, it wouldn't be too hot. No worries about it being cold, for sure.
the staff team luvs u
06-21-2021, 12:46 AM
 He gave a half-smile at her and then looked up at the sky. Yup, he'd gotten pretty lucky to find an even-tempered gal like Julooke. Idly he stared at the lazy clouds overhead and said back, "Sounds like a plan to me." He wondered what sort of packs and wolves they would meet. Hopefully they'd be as amicable as she was. If anything, it made him feel as if he'd get lucky around here. That others wouldn't be so bad to meet.

He was actually pretty eager about it.

-fade out/exit-

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top