Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

I don't dream,

Afternoon Overcast
Elkshire
06-10-2021, 09:58 PM
Everything she ate refused to go down. An attempt to swallow a delicacy of boar meat was met with a cough and a slobber of mouth, as she choked on the peace and let it back to the ground. Stomach though, growling in a wonder as why the delicacy that tasted through her tongue did not reach farther. When she thought to bite once more ; the Queen vomited.

An anger strike, as a paw slapped the meat that was in front and to the side, rustling through the grass and down a small hill - away from site, and nose itself. She couldn't stand the scent, she couldn't stand the taste.. Célnes was hungry, and gradually she felt she was wasting away. What was worse as there was no sign to be, slim and supple as usual, a grace to the Queen, and no sign to her stomach that the deed had flourished to a fruitful hope.

All she had gained, was nausea.

the staff team luvs u
06-17-2021, 07:26 PM
Icy eyes lingered on the various plants that surrounded the area in which she resided. However, being able to see such vegetation was a totally different story. Though the blindness that kept her from seeing the world was a hindrance to some, the red and brown dame didn't really mind the situation. Sure, she was alone; and that was a hard thing to think about all things considered. With the thought of worrisome creatures and other wolves who would want to cause trouble; there was no telling what could transpire the further the lass ventured further into this unknown world. 

Though she could not see, her sense of smell happened to pick up on some unknown individuals. She stopped for a moment to process what scents wafted into her nostrils. 

Boar. A noticeable spell that was all to recognizable after some thought. She had been alone for a while, and within her old home, this sort of prey was somewhat constant. Though she had never hunted one and was successful, the stench certainly brought back some memories that were both good...but also dreadful to think about. 

But, there was another scent within it. Wolf? Had she waltzed into someone else's territory unannounced? Her eyes widened, thinking about confrontation and that was the last thing the female needed. After all, Soraya had never learned fighting, and the thought of one transpiring formed a huge knot within her throat. Swallowing hard and trying to overcome the fears; the woman ventured in further into the woodland. If someone was around, she certainly wouldn't be able to see, but the hopes of making a new friend did make her spirits become a bit more assured...should the individual not be hostile by her presence. 

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
06-19-2021, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2021, 09:14 PM by Aso. Edited 3 times in total.)
Some time had passed since the last plain walker. When a scent that seemingly did not 'enter' but rather appear, Célnes hummed. Her stomach though growled with a hunger and drool leaking from her maw, like a starved beast that she was, she was hungry, after all. A quick swipe of her paw to show off an elegance, how she always should present; a nobility of a Déorwine. Though laughable these past days where surely her rubs would soon show.

To the royal woodlands, coated in the special colors purples and whites. Truly, the area was surrounded by a willow like tree, often dubbed a wysteria. Likewise though the area coated with the substance of soon to be apple trees, as the white flowers dangled from their vines in the appearance of what was assumed. She had noticed in the trial of purple, a smell of a mixture that was not the delectable flowers, but of a wolf.

"My, you wandered into my claim, blessed stranger." Russets and browns, though a milky blue holding their gaze. Her hips sliding by as she was circling the fellow, a curious smile and perhaps an almost impatience to her words.. Friend, or foe?

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
06-24-2021, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2021, 05:11 AM by Soraya. Edited 1 time in total.)
Things took a rather unexpected turn as the scent she had noticed seem to stop. But, what caught her so off guard was not the scent of the meat; but a rather regal tone that presented itself to her ears. Wonderful. She had wandered right into someone else's domain without even thinking! Her nose seemed to have failed her too; but, hunger did keep her from thinking clearly it would seem. Blindness was an inability to see after all; therefore her other senses should have been on high alert!

But, it was too late now to wallow in frustration like some child. The she-wolf had a stranger around, therefore needed to present herself as noble as she could, especially with how weak she seemed to be with the disability hindering her to a degree. 

"Please, pardon me, I had only smelled the scent of the meat and had not realized someone else was present. My apologies, but my vision is lacking; more so than my other senses. If there is some way I can make it up to you, I would be more than happy to help," Soraya retorted, trying her absolute best to try and show she was of no harm to them. Despite what had plagued the dame for so long; her family was always helpful and courteous to others; therefore the woman would be the same to the stranger. Especially since they had wandered into the other's area of inhabitance unannounced. At least, that was what the dark-russet girl had thought.
the staff team luvs u
Discovery
06-25-2021, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2021, 09:14 PM by Aso. Edited 3 times in total.)
Her eyes glanced toward the meat she had slipped aside, though slightly bitten as it was, still fresh. A chunk of boar that it was, still fresh from a early hunt, and still bloody from the catch.  Though the others eyes seem to faded, as bluntly as it was in the open, the other could only scent what it was.  As she could not eat so, a charitable deed from the high Queen herself, she slide it over to the other wolf, a smiling gaze as it passed through the grass.

Sometimes the preys would feast upon the beauty within the woodlands. She taken note that many enjoyed slipping into the evening aroma of the flowery land, and yet it was derived of most berries and nuts. Maybe in the eventual season would the critters be happy when the fruit are born.

"Hunting of elk or deer is forbidden within this land. Take a meal, stranger, and feast your beast." Though blinded as they were, Célnes wouldn't put it past a starving wolf to hunt anything that moves. Instead to waste a meal she could not digest, instead to spare a wandering travel. Though as nice as it may sound, she of course dutifully took note of the rich browns the other half. A motive to her gesture, a thought to gain a liking to see if the other would join her side.

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
06-29-2021, 02:36 AM
Such an action was rather nice to say the least, hearing the meal slide over towards her general vicinity. The ways of living in these lands were rather new for the brown-pelted woman, thinking about it; it was certainly interesting take on things. It was not like Soraya could hunt large game such as Elk and Deer anyways. Their hooves would be hard to pinpoint and with one wrong slip...she could have been dead. Perhaps it was a blessing she wandered into such a land. Sound, smell and touch was certainly her friend at this time. After all, those senses had been her friend for some time now. At least she hadn't started herself to death which was an absolute blessing. 

Soraya dipped her crown in thanks, biting a chunk of the flesh as she ate her meal in what seemed like peace. "Thank you for such generosity, it truly means a lot, Ma'am." The woman spoke, voice gentle but also sounding strong-willed and determined. The thought of paying them back was certainly on the female's to-do list in the near future. There were hardly any travelers who had given her a break and hadn't treated her with such disregard. 

"My name is Soraya, may I ask yours? I am rather new to these lands," Soraya tilted her head curiously, glossed over eyes looking over to where she had assumed the woman was after hearing her voice previously. It was only fair to give the woman proper attention should she want to say anything else to her besides their name.
the staff team luvs u
Discovery
07-02-2021, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2021, 09:15 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
"I am Célnes Déorwine, and this is Elkshire land known as the Royal Wisterian Woodlands." Beauty as it was, it was also ripe to choose from. Close to the Elk's Crown, tightly to it's side, it was beauty in not only the colors, but the fruits they bare. Now ripe and falling, a few apples rotted to the grounds, letting the wandering elk chew upon the claim. Sometimes though if there lucky enough the trees bend lower to the ground, perhaps she thought, the High Elk was giving them a treat. Though the apple trees were buried within, surrounded by the red wysterians.

"Many seem to simply.. Appear in these lands," her voice drawled and hummed slightly, as she watched the other feast, "do you remember who you are?"

+2 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
07-07-2021, 12:54 PM
Soraya had to think upon the question for a couple moments. Yes, it was quite strange to suddenly appear in these lands, almost out of thin air if she had the right accusations to such a question. Digging back further into the recessed of her mind, nothing beneficial had come to fruition. This whole situation was rather odd; but, all she remembered was her brother, and her old pack...coming here; seemed only a bit of her mind wanted to remember some things; but others not so much. 

"All I remember is my brother, my old family, and my name. I did travel here; anything else not really. Sorry to disappoint, Ma'am," Soraya spoke after eating a piece of meat from the boar. What other lands could await her once she ventured further from this claim? The fiery woman hadn't gotten far before stumbling upon this land. But...the thought of having a new home did make her think about the old times; and it was not like she could be of much use by herself in the lone world.

"Please pardon the random question, but, I have been thinking about joining a pack. My vision I'm sure you can see...isn't really the best in the world. But, I'm still willing to help you or anyone else who might need it any way I can...that is, if you have a possible opening?" The female asked shyly, tilting her crown slightly in curiosity and wonder about what the woman would say. Sure, her sight did hinder her sometimes; but being a caretaker or even a healer did kind of cross her mind since it was something she had done before. Now, only question is if Célnes would be alright with her possibly joining.
the staff team luvs u
07-09-2021, 05:45 PM
"No need for apologies, this land is mysterious in a way that it seems to choose what it takes." She was rather ruffled at this factor, as while memories were kept intact, she was brought here alone. With no family to the name of Deorwine, her siblings lost to the realm of the unknown, and the slow adjustment of other cousins coming forth. The Queen grew acceptance she would most likely never see her brother again, watching his death and her own, only for one to be granted a new life. She wondered if the High Elk was given her a retribution for accepting such an unholy man as before.. Nontheless, she rebuilt.

"My dear, we are always open. Though we do have rules to follow, such as no elk nor' deer are to be hunted, and to be respected. It is our culture." Always welcoming numbers, especially if a pelt so lushed in browns as they are - wolves like so will always be accepted, "as Queen, if you accept these terms, you'll be welcomed wholeheartedly."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top