Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
It started out like any other morning

Morning Overcast 55° F
AW
06-04-2021, 08:31 PM
Heat Day 1 of 5

^^
It hit her that morning. As he wandered the Tundra just outside of the mountain she so tentatively called "home" as of late - that same familiar sensation she had felt just last year once before... The sweet temptation of her heat bringing the dragon of a woman to wander and find a potential, worthy partner for her to raise their young.

Some piss here and there, rubbing her shoulder on a rock or the bark of a tree elsewhere to let any and all males know that she was waiting and drawing them in to be judged - she was not desperate to accept just about anyone and raise their little crotch goblins unless they were worth her time genetically of course. 

No.

They had to be good. The best. Nothing that could potentially waste her time or energy in baking within her feminine "oven" so to say. It was during times like these where Thalia would be at her most picky.
^^
the staff team luvs u
06-04-2021, 09:14 PM
 It was not common, in the land that Nevada had come from, to be able to slip out of the territory and back in without repercussions. She had nearly been skinned the one-or-two times she had left for her own journeys and had returned with a plump belly in tow, presents for her wife, now lost to whatever this world was. Perhaps she was out there somewhere, but honestly, the ghost doubted it.

A scent drifted along the wind that reminded her faintly of her and before she realized what was happening, she had come into a rocky place where the chill of the North was making its way in.

And before her was the source of the smell that had lured her here: a woman, similar in height and build to herself, though their coats couldn't have been more different. While her coat was white with a cloak of slate, the woman before her was browns and creams, and wow did she smell good. “Ah,” she said without thinking, then blinked. “Hello, there.”

Her lips would shift into a gentle smile, for she knew the scent well and could understand almost exactly what the stranger was going through right now. She wasn't exactly what the other was looking for, surely, but nevertheless, she stayed.

the staff team luvs u
06-08-2021, 11:31 PM
^^
No, she was not what Thalia was looking for at all. Frankly she was not opposed to being romantic with the same sex as herself - but this time, a vagina was not quite what she was searching for. Thalia's body was a flame with the thought of baring new life, with fostering it and raising it as her own. Something worth while. The dragonness didn't seek companionship or romance this time around and it was a shame that this woman would come to her now with interest beaming in her little eyes.

“I don't know if you know what a heat is.” Surely she did right? “But I'm not really looking for females right now.” Surely this woman understood that what she needed was a good, strong, Alpha type man to give her a few good pumps and pups a few weeks down the road. Red lips lifted in a sneer as she looked almost down on the woman despite them being almost the same damn size. 

^^
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
06-09-2021, 05:28 PM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Mild Sexuality mentions
 Nevada smirked at the clearly very put off lady.

No. She seemed a bit too... unrefined to be a lady.

“That's too bad, I haven't smelled a lick of testosterone since leaving the Plains,” Really. All she'd met were ladies, which was fine, but it left a lot lacking. Especially for this poor forgotten soul who yearned so badly for something that she supposed women couldn't provide. Though, honestly, if she were a man wandering around looking for ladies to rut, wouldn't the scents of more than one hasten his journey towards them?

True, her own heat was nowhere soon - she figured she must have been on it shortly before arriving on this strange plane - but even so...

Men were slaves to their hormones and desires, she figured. “I've been starting to wonder if there may be none anywhere close.” She chuffed. “Leaves us in quite a predicament when the heat leaves us burning, with nothing to ease the urge.” She couldn't do what this woman wanted, but romance wasn't on her mind. There were things that could be done to mimic the act, just to hold one over.

Oh, surely there were men. Of course there would be. She'd absolutely smelled some - and met a whole ONE! - in passing, so the thoughts of the demise of their species were of no concern. “I doubt you'll find a man on this mountain, perhaps further south?” She figured if the one and only man she'd met so far had been in the plains, that the men of this place were much more used to being in warmer weather.

the staff team luvs u
06-27-2021, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 12:39 AM by Hothieriel.)
^^
Unrefined would be one way to put it when describing Thalia. She was less of a shining diamond and instead a stone still covered in soot. Sharp, jagged, and dull but not useless. No, she may not be as shaved down and refined like a diamond ring, but she still had the core of one. Indestructible and wild.

So this lady hasn't met any men lately huh? Well, Thalia grinned at the news being shared. “Luckily for you, if you wanna get dicked there are a few men North from here.” As foul mouthed as ever, honestly Thalia, where was your sense of charm at all these days? Frankly, why didn't she stay North where she knew there were men?

1. None of your damn business, and 2. well she wanted to see what other options there were South from where her stomping grounds where. She could always just remain at home the next time her heat comes around.

“If you wait a couple days I can always show you, but right now I want to see what Southern men have to offer”
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-20-2021, 05:07 PM
 Nevada's brows raised as she considered it, looking to the north and nodding thoughtfully. Her eyes would return to the brown woman before her and she smiled. “Sounds like a plan. I'm Nevada by the way. There's a couple packs just south of here you might want to avoid for the time being. Mine is friendly enough but doubtful you'll find a man and the other is led by a queen who takes her borders very seriously.”

She felt nothing but respect for the viking queen so she didn't want to cause any tension on the woman. Either woman, actually.

“I'll let you be off to find your men, perhaps we'll meet again!” With that she'd dip her head and trot away, waving her tail in a friendly goodbye.

Exit

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top