Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
'Cause that's what the baddest do,

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
AW
Vanderfell Woods
05-19-2021, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2021, 07:51 PM by Orlaiths.)
@Ira maybe?

There wasn't much going on as far as Orlaith knew, besides some neighbors. Curiosity drew from the fire behemoth, as in general since there was quite literally, nothing to do, that was so far the only source of entertainment. She sought out anyone, most particularly Ira of all who most likely dealt with them due to being so close, but also she hadn't really seen the High Queen in some time.

the staff team luvs u
05-20-2021, 01:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2021, 01:17 AM by Ira.)

The mountains had been quiet indeed. Even with the few that crossed and their rather excitable neighbors, Fate's Summit was naught but tranquil. For a wolf who had once been plunged into chaos, it felt strange to exist in such silence. By now it was more than a bit disappointing to the queen that their numbers had not multiplied. She could be patient, but now the air felt stagnant. She had yet to investigate the threats that laid to the southern forests, deciding it was not worth her time or Vanderfell's lack of protection.

Quicksilver too journeyed out, where to she was uncertain. He had left with a call, though the reasoning behind it trailed on the winds behind him. He would be back, that much was made clear, and she could question him then. Ira couldn't say she was exactly pleased with his departure, not when that left only a handful left to defend what was theirs. With spring in bloom and summer on its way, Ullarcraig would only become more tantalizing to travelers or perhaps even packs. For now, she would have to hope Elysium would stick to their word.

As the day passed and the rays of the sun broke the clouds above, parting way to the blue they hid, Ira traveled up past her sleeping chambers. She knew of the peaks that spearheaded the skies, though most of the time they had been lost in the heavens today was clear, and the land below sprawled out like a time-worn map. One cliff, in particular, was wide, almost slab-like and as she peered over the edge she was almost certain she could make out the lake at which their neighbors decided to settle. The respite.

the staff team luvs u
05-24-2021, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 07:18 PM by Orlaiths.)
Though as numbers may thin ; Orlaith was one who would not stray away. She held strong ties and loyalties, and while memories may be gone and the reasons behind, the woman survived soley on her feelings. The rage that she felt from the past, and the ties she now held, all were but from the heart. She didn't particularly feel the need to venture out, unless told to. She was satisfied on staking the claim and watching for all too many wolves who trespass, but rarely do they actually join. A tail flickered in an annoyance at the thought, but also had no choice but to shrug it off.

Orlaith held confidence she was strong enough to take on an army, despite the probability of surviving being extremely low. Though no one needs to know that fact.

"Hey there Ira," friendly in tone did she come across the Queen within her.. Throne, to say. A cliff staggering off, a looming presence to the mountain as any who would see. Though empty as it was, cold to touch from the stoney presence it held ; no life dares to cling to, "what'cha looking at? The ally?" Approaching so, she stood to the side of Ira and also peered down questioningly, a head tilted in curiosity.

the staff team luvs u
07-08-2021, 09:31 PM
The sound of heavy foot falls called on the wind, a familiar beat pounded by only one she knew. The phoenix called from her side, her familiar colors peering at the corner of her eye as they both looked to the grounds below.

Indeed, she had been spying on their allies, more so their territory then them directly. It would be impossible to make out any of their activities from so far above. Instead of answering the obvious though, she simply inhaled, Quicksilver has been away for some time. Did he tell you where he was heading? 

On his departure he had given a call to the pack, a notice that he was going and he would be back, but no more was shared. Not even a direction in which he planed to follow. By now the silence had been too long. He had left them, or something had happened to him.

the staff team luvs u
07-09-2021, 05:20 PM
"Nope, never even talked to him." She couldn't name even one specific moment talking to the fellow - he was rather quiet to Vanderfell, like a shadow that came and went. Though as romanticized as it sounded like a wraith, she knew overall the kind of behavior was not tolerated, especially if so little numbers to their claim. Even she grew kinda frustrated how little she saw the man, in general it was mostly herself, Hiero, and the High Queen.

"Maybe he finally jumped the fun and left," the guard shrugged.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
07-10-2021, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2021, 10:00 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
It came as no surprise that Orlaith hadn’t even truly spoken to the man. He was a quiet soul, though his silence now troubled her. He should have been back or at least sent word. I may not have known him well, but it seems out of character for him to just abandon us. His departure promised return. Just no when, nor why.

He has been away from the pack for too long. I plan to search for him, start in the north work my way down. He may have grown lost or encountered trouble. Had they had more maybe she would have sent another, but she must now ensure the safety of her pack. She would have to travel alone.

the staff team luvs u
07-16-2021, 12:11 AM
She didn't know whether it was truly worth the factor. Though it seemed he had left with word at least, promise of return, but that promise seemed to be lost. She couldn't help but feel irked at the man, and let a low rumble make that clear she was. He almost seemed useless, but the High Queen held more compassion then the fireclad woman did, for she most likely wouldn't go out looking for someone who did not pull their own within the pack.

"Do you need a guard?" Though the other was a well-known warrior, as the Alpha of a pack, it was always a different story.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
07-16-2021, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2021, 10:01 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Her words provoked something in her guard, though she understood her frustrations. Had he said nothing at all Ira would have never thought twice about the man, but he did. So for all she knew something may have happened and as things stood currently, he was still one of them. I understand your frustrations, but should it be against his will then it falls on me to bring him home. Quickly Orlaith was willing to offer her services, but Ira could only shake her head.

You will stay here. There are far too few of us to split for this journey. I expect you and Hieronymous can watch over things while I am gone. They were here the longest, after all, both equally capable of managing peace from what she had seen so far. You two may speak in my stead while I am gone, but confer with each other should any issues arise. A simple enough task given the quiet that came with the mountains.

the staff team luvs u
07-27-2021, 07:32 PM
"Ai ai cap'n." There was a gloat in her pride being left in charge, even if she was only one of two. Orlaith didn't mind Hiero, he was a nice guy and all, there was definitely a few things about him that seemed.. Odd, like an example he always seemed small, yet the man was relatively large, he was just surrounded by warrior woman who seemed to topple the average wolf. The man also held such unusual colors she would suspect him as a dog, but claimed of no heritage.

And he was in love with the High Queen, which was an annoyance altogether.

"When are you heading out?"

the staff team luvs u
07-28-2021, 04:49 AM
Finding that she had enough time resting at the cliff's edge, Ira shuffled to her paws, turning before she answered the woman of fire. Early tomorrow. It's getting late now, it would be better to eat a proper meal and rest up. There was no telling how long she might be gone for. It all mattered on the land and how easy it was to navigate.

Ultimately, whatever had happened to Quicksilver would be out of her hands if he was too far from the mountain's reach. She had responsibilities here, and the life of several was more important than the life of one. I don't expect my absence to be noticeable, but time will tell. Take care Orlaith, I am going to go prepare.

the staff team luvs u
07-29-2021, 01:12 AM
"There should be some big rabbits from the craig." Though the mountain may not be as lush in prey as she would like (despite being plenty), their other grounds were quite bountiful. She often found herself clinging to a meal within the growth, especially for the bees that made the honey within the area, and the fruits that tended to drop. Though there may not be a lot, the wolves of Vanderfell were protective over their claim, and Orlaith would fight anyone who tried to take away from the love that was the place.

"Aight', i'll be down by the borders." As the other motioned to leave so did the firefly woman, a long stretch given as forested eyes descended downwards from the peak. Clouds heavily hanging to, drifting throughout the lands.. A wolf could be around and they would never notice - she didn't like that thought.

the staff team luvs u
07-29-2021, 09:23 PM
She listened carefully watching as her guard turned to leave for the borders. Thank you, I will see to them then. Remember to question before you attack. Something that shouldn't need saying, but she knew Orlaith could be...eager. One day these wolves will learn to use their noses. Watching as Orlaith's form began to retreat, she too would move in search of the nearest cache while she planned out her path for the morning.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top