Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Now that she's back in the atmosphere

Early Morning Partly Cloudy 48° F
05-30-2021, 04:17 PM

lmao that wink was definitely not intentionally flirty - my bad for not putting big caps of FRIENDLY next to it

Auroras' ear gently flicked to and fro as each lady voiced their own pasts, with one clearly not as fond as the other of their former pack. They all had their own politics and ways, and not everyone warmed to the ideas of others. A solid reason Aurora wanted to steer clear of packs for the time being. Her companion definitely an exception though, as they coexisted peacefully.

She offered a brief nod to the two of them. The name Nevada gave definitely didn’t ring any bells, and the latter title made her involuntarily gulp - that sounded quite dandy didn’t it? Death Valley.

Nevadas memory loss had sparked some interest within Aurora. Her internal healer grasping at the desire to nurture and heal. Besides, keeping someone on good terms, whom they’d just met, coming from such a formidable sounding pack would be a bright idea in this present moment.

I might be able to help you one day in the future. With your memory loss that is…’, she drifted pensively, taking a moment of thought before explaining what she meant.

I’m a healer. I like to experiment with different fauna and flora to cure and heal’, a witch per se, ‘If you return this way in a few months, I might have something that could help revive your lost memory’. The travelling duo hadn’t an abode currently, but in the months she’d arrived here they’d not moved at a quick pace. She was certain Nevada would remember her smell to path her way back to her if need be.

the staff team luvs u

05-31-2021, 10:15 PM
 Couldn't remember after the fire? Something tickled at the back of their mind. Death. What if they had died in the fire and just had no recollection of it? They remembered talking to Amphitrite and stumbling upon that little explanation. What if it fit here as well? They did not say anything out loud, however, for they didn't know how sound the hypothesis was nor were they sure if it would be taken well. They weren't in the business of needlessly scaring anyone.

Although with a nickname like "Death Valley" they wondered if they would be fearful of having died? Still, it was better to err on the side of caution.

Aurora offered help by way of a future tincture or potion, they assumed. They didn't doubt that their clever friend would be able to think of something to help the blue-tinted canine. They wondered if Nevada would take them up on that offer later on.

the staff team luvs u
The Whisperer is biologically female and others may see/notice and refer to them as such. The Whisperer does not normally notice gender and only notices others as "they". Whisperer always has the snake coiled about their neck unless otherwise stated; the snake is the only one that speaks.

The Whisperer is travelling with Aurora and she may jump into any of their threads.

[Image: dek2gy7-0dfe12ef-a7a8-499d-b24b-3c92003e...gcGBOZkcqQ]
06-03-2021, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 12:18 AM by Nevada.)
 The two didn't seem too keen on the name she had given it, but they also didn't seem to recognize the name of her people.

That was a good sign. If news of the Valley hadn't spread here, she could roam without worries that she would be hunted for the sake of her birthplace. In the same breath, it was a bad sign - it meant she was far. Yet... was that so bad? She had no true desire to return home, only to seek out those she loved. If she could find them, she would be happy.

Aurora offered help for the future if she were to return this way and Nevada smiled at her, truly grateful. “I think I will, thank you.” She gave a gentle sigh and stood, stretching out her back and legs. “I think I should look for home or those of it, perhaps find some clue as to how I got here.” It was early and there was much day to use, but she didn't want to waste any of her energy waffling around.

“Thank you for your kindness, I truly appreciate it.” She would dip her head in thanks to them. How interesting, a woman from a place called Death Valley being so cordial. If neither wolf (nor snake) were to say anything more, she would smile to them and bid her farewell, moving north.

Exit unless stopped~

the staff team luvs u
06-03-2021, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 07:45 AM by Aurora.)
 Auroras’ features broke into one of warmth, a wide smile lining her muzzle with canines unveiling beneath their folds as Nevada accepted her kind offer; she’d bob her head as a welcoming acknowledgement, content as the upcoming departure was left in good spirits. 

She listened to their goodbye, reciprocating her own, 'Safe travels, Nevada. Let us hope we meet again someday', her soft well-spoken lyrics cooed after her as they’d turned to venture off.

With their new acquaintance now leaving, Aurora looked to her companion, addressing this, ‘She was nice, wasn’t she?’. Promptly rising herself, she nudged her shoulder gently into her friends’, 'Shall we have a wander around here? Looks rather lovely and peaceful, doesn’t it?', she pensively spoke before guiding the other through the dense azure patterns.

last from me, thanks for the thread both!

the staff team luvs u

06-05-2021, 10:47 PM
The brown-coated wolf would not add anything extra to what Nevada had said and instead would give a dip of their head in goodbye, the snake would do so in tandem as they watched the other take their leave. Their eyes would linger on the retreating form until they felt the nudge of their friend. The wolf's tail would wag a few times as they turned their eyes to the graceful canine. "She was nice, wasn't she?" She... The word was a foreign one for them and they pondered it for a moment before giving their head a shake while the snake answered, "Yesss, they were." Then they too would rise and follow Aurora into the woodland. Happy to accompany and go wherever their friend pleased.
the staff team luvs u
The Whisperer is biologically female and others may see/notice and refer to them as such. The Whisperer does not normally notice gender and only notices others as "they". Whisperer always has the snake coiled about their neck unless otherwise stated; the snake is the only one that speaks.

The Whisperer is travelling with Aurora and she may jump into any of their threads.

[Image: dek2gy7-0dfe12ef-a7a8-499d-b24b-3c92003e...gcGBOZkcqQ]
scroll to top