Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
But I'll save that for another time

Late Evening Sunny/Clear
P
04-22-2021, 09:41 PM

^^
Annoyed, confused, he departed @Miriam's side to follow after the darker woman who seemed to have some kind of chip on her shoulder. Her venomous words echoed in his mind, her tone, the way she looked at him. There was an undeniable familiarity there, one of which he simply could not put his paw on and it only aggravated the paladin further.

He followed after her a little ways away from Miriam, hopefully, she had returned to the camp they had set up to wait for him as instructed and not get into any more trouble. Once a fair distance, he'd try to gain her attention with a chuff, letting his pace finally quicken to catch up to her as opposed to creepily trailing after.

Regardless if she stopped for him or no, he was eager to find out what had transpired. “Who are you? What was all that about?” There was some bite to his words as the aggravation was hard to hide. After finding himself in such a strange place, remembering dying at some point in a strange way, and now this? What was going on? Did she know something he did not?
^^
the staff team luvs u
[Image: photo-1477468572316-36979010099d_1.png]
04-22-2021, 10:02 PM
Annika had never been as quick as she'd preferred. While the other workers had been lithe and petite, her bulky form spoke only to a particular kind of clientele. Strength had become her weapon because speed had been born her enemy, and so it was unsurprising when @Rosencrantz caught up within a few moments. It startled her that he had pursued her at all, however, and she was bitter enough to simply keep her head down and push forward. Annie didn't have time to deal with him and his new, super pretty wife that was more of a goddess than anything else. And the audacity of him to act as if he hadn't fucking known her as though he needed to embarrass her one more time in front of Miriam! Did he feel like a big man now? She wanted to know.

His icy words brought a snarl to her lips as she whirled on him, teeth flashing in a clear warning. "Fuck you, Rosencrantz. Fuck you and your fucking promises." Annika's fur bristled as she glared at him, eagerly searching for some kind of familiarity in the single eye staring back. "Don't act like you not remember me, asshole!" she snapped, stepping forward with a guttural echo in her throat. Battle had brought them together, and she would damn well dance with him once more if her teeth would stir more of a memory than her words.

the staff team luvs u
04-22-2021, 10:20 PM
^^
She didn't make following her easy. He could tell by the way she tried to quicken her pace when he was noticed, but he would not let her get away that easily after the little show she put on earlier. He wasn't opposed to forcing it out of her either if he had to go that route... which, frankly, he didn't unless she would take that route.

Which, as she swung around with a snap and bitter words - he would only mirror her rage with peeling back his own pale lips in a threat of his own. Rippling waves of skin cascaded over one another as brilliant ivories threatened to be put to use. He wasn't opposed to fighting a woman even if he treated the delicate Miriam like the flower she was. Each individual was just that, an individual. Treated not like some cookie-cutter as his father saw but responding to the environment of which they gave him.

And this one, well, infuriated him.

“I made no promises,” none that he remembered. “Who are you?” He barked louder, demanding a response this time rather than some cryptic puzzle for him to put together. Snapping his teeth angrily with ears swinging back, if she wanted to fight he would do just that if it meant getting his answers from her.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
04-22-2021, 10:47 PM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Mild Gore
  • Sexuality
Her threats were met with his own, and for the briefest of moments Annika thought she spied her Rosencrantz beneath the disguise of a fool. He was either a bloody good actor, completely daft, or genuinely didn't remember her.. and Annie didn't know what was worse. He'd had no reason to chase after her and demand answers, and unless Miriam had convinced him to pursue, she saw no reason why he would expend the effort on someone he'd clearly forgotten.

How could he be so cruel?

He pressed and he pressed, barking orders at her like he owned her -- and in a way, she knew he did. Annika snarled and stepped towards him, posturing loudly with all the bite to back up her bark. "Annika, you fucking prick! Annika, the woman you meet in the rain and fight, the woman you spent whole week fucking, the woman you promised you would come back to! The woman you attack and then tell me I owe you, so you fuck me and run off! That who I am! I'm Annika, the woman who would have had your pups!.. If.. if.. well, fuck you!" she glowered, hissing as she spat the venom directly into his mangled face. She wondered how he might react if she made him match himself, wondered how it would feel to flay the flesh from his bones and tear his testicles straight from his groin.

Because fuck him, that's why.

the staff team luvs u
04-22-2021, 11:51 PM
^^
Her fury rose and so did his, more so in confusion as to where all of this ire was coming from. She knew his name and yet he didn't know hers. Was she following them? Spying on them? He couldn't tell, but the genuine hurt she seemed to be radiating made no sense of it all. He snapped his jaws once more in her face, making no attempt to break her skin just yet but making sure that she knew he had every intention on it if she kept on with this little game of hers.

If his memories weren't all fuzzy and he recalled his life before waking up in the misty woods, he would have called her barking mad and left it at that - but it was the curiosity of the unknown that drew him in. What was beyond the mist?

Finally, she began to speak, however, everything she said offered only more confusion. “You have me confused with another.” He snarled after a longer than necessary pause. He pondered her accusation at first, Annika, the name was almost familiar... That "almost" teased him enough to add fuel to the fire between himself and the now named Annika.

Perhaps, he didn't want to remember either. And his face softened for just a moment as he wasn't sure what he wanted right now.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-23-2021, 12:48 AM
Nothing. He gave her nothing. He ridiculed her by saying she had mistaken him for someone else, and the woman barked a gruff laugh. "Yes, is another white wolf with half a face named Rosencrantz who happens to smell exactly like you, how could I forget." Truly, how daft could he be to think himself so forgettable? He literally had half a face! It was evidence he was only interested in mocking her, wasn't it? Him standing there so full of himself, hanging out with prettier women while Annika could very well have had puppies with his eyes running around! She had never expected him to be a father, but she had anticipated a promise kept.

Annika fell deathly silent then, her rage simmering beneath the surface and begging to be released. Launch at him. Remind him who she fucking was, that she was not so easily discarded -- or perhaps she should just walk away. It was clear he wanted nothing to do with her one way or the other, but..

"You would not chase if you felt I was mistaking you for someone else." No, because why would he? If she was just some lunatic running around screaming that she knew someone, what reason would he have to pursue and interrogate her? There was none.

Annika stepped towards him, her eyes staring into his. "If you can look me in eyes and tell me you don't have the slightest clue who I am, what we shared, then.. I go. Was mistake looking for you." Her ears wilted against her head briefly as she waited for the inevitable rejection, yet another to add onto her list. Twice by the same guy who didn't remember her? That was a new low.

the staff team luvs u
04-23-2021, 01:23 AM
^^
“You're projecting!” He roared back. “You want me to be them.” He was certain of it... wasn't he? Honestly, he wasn't certain of anything. Only his name, where he came from and who his brother was. The only blood in this life other than his own, and even then it was nothing but genetics.

His snarl never left despite the eye softening mildly earlier on. It was unfortunately who he was, an aggressor. Birthed into him, trained into his very being that it was the way to survive, to be the best of whatever his father wanted of them - and that never left. But as she spoke, his muscles relaxed. Talking now, no more teeth he supposed even if the bristles along his spine still stood, eager for the next step beyond snarls and growls.

No, he probably wouldn't have. Even if Miriam had pleaded with him - it was that vague familiarity he had to understand that brought him forward on his own, reluctant, but free will.

As she stepped closer, he stood still. Rigid and ready to fight back should she take this placid moment as an opportunity to strike. Just as instructed, he looked into her eyes, one after another as his single molten gold tried to make sense of it all. His gaze narrowed, trying to place the pieces of a puzzle where pieces were still missing. “I —” He was careful, cautious. “Vaguely. You look familiar, but I don't remember those days... the promises.” He turned away, taking a couple of steps in a random direction trying to clear his thoughts.

“I only remember my brother, my name, my birth pack —” Another pause, “and dying. After that, I wake up here.” He turned to search for her eyes again, casting a glance over his shoulder if she had remained there. “Did you have any pups?” If so, how old were they? What were they? What were their names? Where were they?
^^
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
04-23-2021, 01:52 AM
Content Warning
  • Stillbirth
What had she been expecting, really? Had she thought he would take a single glance into her eyes and suddenly remember everything they has been through together? Maybe. She had hoped, anyway, but she didn't fucking understand why. There was no way in hell she wanted to be with him, let alone raise his children! He was a monster, an asshole, a slew of other things that made her want to scream and stomp up to him, slap him across the face and then immediately fuck him. You know, casual stuff.

"You're right, I do want you be him.. but he wasn't such a baby," she snorted, gritting her teeth at the pathetic slight. Of course she wanted it to be him -- how else would she move on? How could she convince his face to stop haunting her goddamn nightmares? (And oh, what a face to haunt it was.)

Annika knew from experience that she could beat him on combat, so the posturing did little to unnerve her as she stared him down. When he finally admitted there was some ounce of familiarity, he turned and stormed off as though the nearby oxygen would clarify things. Doubtful, she was sure.

The Russian woman sighed. "When I wake up, I only remember small bits.. but face and scent remembered. I smell on Miriam," she explained, shifting her weight. Maybe it would help him.. understand where she was coming from? Also doubtful. What else could she do, though? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

The question he asked was.. well, she should have expected it. It was only natural, but it still struck her like an icy slap across the face. Would he blame her? Would he.. would he hate her for her answer?

Annika took a single step back.

"Yes, it.. it was first pregnancy I carry to end. It was miracle, I thought, because have tried before and no luck." Old Rosencrantz would have known that, but he was clearly someone else entirely. Certainly not the man she remembered, and she didn't know if that was good or the worst news she'd ever received.

Still, she pushed on.

"I.. I have puppies, and they born without breathing. All three, no heartbeat, no breath. I.. I try for so long to give them breath but they.. they not.." And Annika lowered her head, eyes brimmed with tears. "Was two girls and a boy. Girl and boy both white, second girl dark.." she trailed off, not entirely sure if he wanted her to describe them in detail.

"I wake here and I.. I not know where they buried anymore," she said, a sob shaking her chest that she quickly stifled. No. Annika wasn't weak. She wouldn't break in front of this man ever, ever again.

the staff team luvs u
04-23-2021, 09:18 PM
^^
It was an unfortunate truth. Without the memories to make the man he was before, Rosencrantz was a brand new slate. A fresh man - somewhat - to learn and discover himself a new. The wolf he was before this, and a time before that even was long gone - leaving only behind snippets of memories as a bread crumb trail to understand the smallest of things. Just like remembering who this woman was. What she meant to him. If she was telling the truth.

Her attitude didn't help the situation either. Calling him names only made him want to deal with her less. Honestly, he had half the mind to forget about all this too and go back to camp, tell Miriam it was all some crazy bitch trying to ruin their somewhat comfortable life, and back to bed.

Eventually, with even a little bit of waning patience on his side. She spoke up. A small part of him had sympathy for her loss, for his unknown loss as well at a chance of being a father. As heartless as it may have been for him to think so, perhaps it was best that the puppies didn't survive. For their father to be absent, their mother now stranded here as well.

“I'm sorry.” He managed to utter. Not certain how to deal with this situation. Should he comfort her? Reach out? Slowly he turned to face her again, he could at least do that. “I'm sorry I wasn't there, that I can't remember my promises. I'm also sorry for your loss.” He paused, wondering if he would regret what was going to be said next. “Is there something I can do?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-23-2021, 09:33 PM
Annika froze beneath his molten gaze, anchored in place by the absolute heartbreak of being forgotten. The man she had known no longer existed, and it caused her more grief than she could have ever anticipated. To be forgotten by someone she had once -- perhaps still did -- have feelings for was a fate worse than death. Perhaps she had woken in hell, and this was her punishment to be served daily. The reminder of her lost pups, the knowledge he didn't remember her and had moved on. The realization she was nothing, not even Rosencrantz whore. Annika fell silent, wishing she hadn't come at all.

He apologized, but it felt hollow. Words were words, and if he didn't remember breaking his promise he certainly had no way to feel guilt over it. Annie shifted her weight uneasily, only meeting his gaze when he asked if there was anything he could do. There were thousands of things, really, but it wouldn't matter. Rosencrantz no longer cared for her in even the smallest of capacities, and to demand some kind of payment for her grief was pointless.

"No. It fine, no worry. Sorry for barging in, just.. needed to know why I recognize scent. Question answered, all is well." It wasn't by any stretch of the imagination, but.. her Rosencrantz was dead. She didn't know who this one was in the least, and it frightened her more than it has a right to. Had she dreamt all of it up?

No. No, the puppies had been real. Their tumultuous affair had been real, he had been real.

Annika turned to continue on her way, knowing it would likely be the last time she ever saw the man who haunted her dreams. "I wanted to wait to tell you when you came back that I loved you, but.." she trailed off, her ears drooping. "Take care of Miriam."

And don't you fucking dare forget her.

exit unless stopped

the staff team luvs u
04-24-2021, 02:43 AM
^^
At least the woman seemed calmer now. Her questions were answered and his... were, well, kind of answered. It was hard to determine whether or not they were considering that he remembered none of it. Annika could have come to him telling him he was a dragon in his past life and it sounded all just as plausible as the story she had told him now. Yet it was that lingering familiarity that kept him rooted on the spot. He couldn't shake the feeling that perhaps, there was a chance, that she was right.

He could argue that she didn't love him perse. That she loved a version of him that she met long ago, one who had either disappeared or died. There was no point in doing so as far as he could tell. To twist that knife into her back when she was already beaten.

A long pause followed her words, she began to walk away again and this time he would not chase her again. If she wanted to go that badly, then he had no business to forcefully stop her after she gave the reasoning he asked, no, demanded for. “The next time we meet, I hope we can start over.” He couldn't understand what she meant by Miriam, not in the same sense she might have been thinking. But if a form of him was that involved in this woman, perhaps they could try again if that is what she wanted.

There he stood, and if she chose to continue walking, he would watch her leave before turning to head back to camp. To a different headache.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-24-2021, 03:02 AM
Annika hardly expected him to say much. She had dropped a thousand bombshells on him and taken a step back to see her handiwork, but truth be told she was struggling to convince herself that this was reality. In such denial of the current situation, Annika had hoped that reuniting with someone from her past would bring healing and clarity and boy, what a mistake that had been.

She paused as he called out to her and glanced overt her shoulder, blue eyes unreadable as she weighed his words. Meet again and start over? Annika's tail flicked idly by her hocks as a beat passed between them, but finally she nodded. "I would like that," she admitted softly. Starting over was her only option with absolutely everything, so it made sense that she would start over everywhere, with everyone.

"If you want, I can.. tell of more times. Of when we together, if ever interested. Had some good times," she said with a smile, remembering the steamy nights with more fondness than she likely should have. Considering how things had been left, she should have been running in the opposite direction, but Annika was far from intelligent.

"You snore sometimes though." It was meant as a joke and she offered a low wag of her tail, willing to extend the olive branch if he was willing to receive it.

the staff team luvs u
04-24-2021, 03:19 AM
^^
He expected her to storm off. To ignore his words and just continue on her own path, away from him, away from everything that had transpired. He wouldn't blame her, it would leave him with many still unanswered things but at least it was less heated than it was moments ago. Somehow they both had managed to defuse the situation. From snarling and teeth to words and understanding. Somewhat.

To his surprise, she would like that. Whatever that meant, it seemed it was beginning. “I would.” With a nod, he accepted the olive branch offered his way. If it meant knowing more of his past, of what was forgotten before this place, if it meant more allies instead of foes - well, this was becoming a better day than he had expected when met with the foul mouth woman.

He smirked at her accusation of him snoring. “I'll have to confirm that with my brother and Miriam.” It was like a mild challenge to her statement to add to the humour. What would Guildentern think of him if he brought back yet another woman to their little group, even if she was just temporary for now - of course, if that was her plan. “Do you want to come with me for now, or shall we talk until the sun rises?” It was her options, he would not chose for her. Whatever made her happiest to depart on the best of terms.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-26-2021, 08:14 PM
The turmoil in her belly raged on, though now it was more screaming in confusion than anything else. She now had to grieve for a man who was still alive, and Annika wasn't entirely sure how to handle it. He stood before her the picture of health, but he was more dead than their buried pups. Annika had never been afraid to be forgotten before because she had no reason to believe she would be, but now.. well, shit. Now she simply boasted an unrequited affection for a man who would sooner have her disappear into thin air, and Annika felt like an utter fool.

He offered to bring her home, back to Miriam and the other wolf she smelled on the two of them. Annika paused uncertainly, debating. "Is wrong to want.. night alone?" she asked, frowning. Was it inappropriate to keep him from the others, or would he have even offered if it hadn't been okay? "I know you not remember me, but I remember you and.. well, missed." As stupid as that was.

"Is okay if need to get back, I understand." Her tail swayed slowly, stiffly. Was it wrong to want him all to herself for one final night?

the staff team luvs u
04-26-2021, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 08:35 PM by Rosencrantz.)
^^
“No, it isn't.” Right? Could he blame her if her words were true? He wasn't the most verse in understanding others, in understanding or sympathizing with their needs and losses - but he had some kind of inkling as to why someone would want something, and he thought he understood why Annika wanted some time alone with him now as opposed to with others. A part of him wondered if this would upset @Miriam, how long would she wait for him as he did say he would return as soon as he spoke to Annika?

Another problem for another day. Maybe this is how he got himself in this pickle in the first place. A thought that had him frown, not to Annika, but to himself.

His eyes unintentionally fell to the ground without him realizing as he thought back to Miriam waiting, rising as Annika spoke once more about missing him. He wished he could say the same, didn't he? It was hard to determine if it would be a blatant lie, and so he didn't utter anything along those lines. Instead, he opted for something that might be more soothing. “I can learn again, I can remember new you, here.” Was that sappy? Yeah, but what else was he to say?

With her uncertainty, he took a risk, an attempt to soothe her nerves by approaching to press his forehead against hers. If this is how he could repent for his past sins, he would do so. “Tell me all about you, us, me.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-29-2021, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2021, 07:14 PM by Annika.)
Expecting him to discard the rest of his troop for an evening alone was foolish, but Annika was a greedy woman willing to cling onto the tattered remnants of whatever lay between them. Obviously one-sided, but he spoke of wanting to try and.. like her again? Well, truth be told, Annika wasn't even entirely certain he had liked her after their last night together. The jury had been out on that for what felt like an eternity, and reuniting had clarified absolutely nothing. It was even more frustrating than she'd originally thought it would be.

"You owe me nothing, Rosencrantz. It is not your fault you cannot remember, I not blame you. If want to know me, I want it to be because you want it. Not because you feel have to." Annika didn't want his sympathy (yes she did) or his pity friendship, but there would always be part of her absolutely drawn to him. On some primal level, she still very much craved his touch.

And then he gave it to her -- not in that way, you freak.

Annie's eyes opened in surprise as he closed the space between them, pressing his head against hers. She whined softly, pushing gently into the touch as though she had never felt an ounce of comfort from anyone. He wanted to know about them, but where did she even begin?

"Was storming when we met. I was in season, but you only want to fight. So we fight and I win, by the way. I win," she said with a small, timid smile. "You go to leave and I ask if there was anything else you want.. and, you know." Obviously he had gotten her pregnant somehow, so he was free to draw the connection there himself.

Annika shifted her weight, settling onto her haunches. "Final night was.. bad. Argued, don't remember what about. Something happen.. I, uh, pleasure you with mouth and.. I don't know, things went bad." She shook her head. "It was one last time, together, and I think neither enjoy it. You were.. angry, and I not remember why." But, anyway.. "Deal was simply you stay for heat, loop back in few weeks to see if puppies."

"I realize only after you go that I cared for, and I wait.. and now we here. But, the week.. we like good friends. We hunt and tell stories and fuck, we laugh and bicker. Was nice. Good memories." Even if things had ended poorly, she didn't regret it at all.

"Is.. not very romantic, but was.. us?"

Did that make any sense? Probably not.

the staff team luvs u
05-08-2021, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2021, 03:39 PM by Rosencrantz. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
Was sympathy, pity? He couldn't place his paw on it, perhaps it was more selfish than that. The want to know more of who he was before waking up here, what he did, who he met, what happened before his death. To her he was a lost father to the stillborn pups she mourned alone, a burden that she held over her more so than he ever could due to his scattered memories. Perhaps it was more of a blessing than a curse he originally thought of it to be.

She accepted his touch and he would linger there just a little while longer. Her soft whine letting him know that perhaps she was indeed a little comforted by it after all.

“I want to.” He tried to reassure in his oatmeal bland expression. “At our own pace.” He wouldn't tether her to him, she was free to roam and they would talk and meet one another as new individuals each time they would meet again. It was likely they would never be the same as they once were. She scarred by her memories, he a completely new blank slate without the same burden.

Annika told their brief story, one week - all it took was one week for him to turn her life upside-down. To tear into her soul deep enough to bring it to the new life that was breathed into her lungs here in these strange new lands. “No, not very romantic at all.” He huffed almost a laugh. “It does sound like me.” For if she had called him romantic in any way, he was certain to believe she was lying to him after all.

“I'm sorry we fought, whatever happened. I try to be a better man than what my father taught Guildenstern and I to be, but it seems the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree after all.” At least he was here talking to her instead of storming off, taking Miriam with him and leaving Annika to her own devices. Rosencrantz had to give himself that much. “I don't know what happened, I don't know if my memory of dying was after those nights or another.” The honesty was perhaps something she didn't want to hear.
^^
the staff team luvs u
05-08-2021, 11:19 PM
Annika anticipated some sort of denial, or perhaps some gaslighting that tried to convince her nothing had ever transpired between them at all. It wouldn't have shocked her too much if he convinced her to turn on herself, think she had gone insane and simply dreamed the entire week up. As unstable as she was in that moment, she was likely to believe anything he told her if for no other reason than how desperately she wanted his approval. Annika couldn't understand why this half-faced fucker had gotten beneath her skin -- really, she didn't. A testament to how absolutely horrific her relationship with men always had been, she supposed.

The gargoyle reassured her that he did want to know her -- to know them -- and she nodded. Yes, she could do that. She could spend time getting to know this new man that had left so many old memories because truthfully, what else did she have to lose? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"We had our moments," she said with a wry grin, teasing gently. "But it obvious neither was very good at relationship." Or.. whatever they had. A bizarre agreement, some lust, stupidity. His apology for fighting was.. unexpected, but it gave her a little flutter of hope. "Is okay, would do it all again knowing I find you here. That we start over." Was that a bit much? Probably, but again, she had nothing to lose. It was obvious she cared for him and she wouldn't shy away from the fact.

His mention of dying caught her off guard.

"You.. you remember dying, too?" No one had mentioned the experience before and it only further served to intrigue her, draw her closer to him. "Last I remember was being punish for betraying.. big pain, silence." Did that sound.. familiar? She looked at him with wide eyes, desperately needing to know.

the staff team luvs u
05-10-2021, 03:38 PM
^^
It was a mystery to him too how he had gotten under the woman's skin. How he had infected her the way he did within just one week as she said. Either he was more of a Cassanova than he thought, or perhaps she had low enough standards that it just happened by pure chance. He completely ignored the rough, grizzled manly physique he had as if that alone wouldn't help him in any way - truly believing his scarred face was enough to chase away anyone except for the few strange ones who weren't bothered.

As she spoke, he thought maybe now was a good side to sit by her side. No longer bumping foreheads but instead sitting shoulder to shoulder. She spoke of starting over, the chances of him being as lucky as he was before was slim to none. Whatever he did right was gone with so many other memories. At least this way she would no longer hold on to anger, she could let go and start over herself with or without him. In response he hummed, agreeing to starting over, to being bad at relationships, to it all.

A single brow raised at the mention of her being punished. “Punished?” Then the same brow fell, furrowing in anger. “Betraying how?” There were many reasons why he questioned it. How had she betrayed whoever, was it because of him? Was she a traitor? Should he be weary or protective over his sins? Too distracted by her own story, he ignored telling his own, believing it was far less interesting.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
05-10-2021, 03:59 PM
Content Warning
  • Abuse
  • Sexual Assault
  • Sex trafficking
Her thoughts drifted to Miriam for the moment, wondering how she fit into the messy puzzle of it all. She certainly wouldn't have blamed Rosencrantz for seeking companionship in such a beautiful and dainty woman, really. Annika could never compete with her size and stocky build, not to mention the scars lining her throat. Even Annika would have chosen Miriam, but that wasn't important. She was not, after all, linked to the white wolf in the way she had previously been -- he was free from her to do as he pleased.

He came to settle by her side and she allowed herself the luxury of brushing against him. It was likely the only touch she would be able to steal, and though it wasn't nearly enough, she knew it was better than nothing.

A sudden flare of anger nearly brought a smile to her lips. Ah, yes, there was the insufferable bastard she had come to know. She couldn't tell if it was directed at her, however, and she frowned at having to explain.

"When I was pup, my father gave me to.. companion service. People go, they pick woman they want spend night with? I not know what called." And if she learned, she wouldn't be keen on repeating it. "Man there took liking, offered help me get out if I work for him. Assassin, I think you say. He buy me from madam, I start work for him." She hadn't been worth too much, if she recalled. Not many had been interested in the burly woman, they all wanted petite little things. Annika wasn't good for business, though she often was used as a punching bag instead. She'd done what she could to survive.

Annika shifted her weight, staring off into the sky. "He send on mission, and.. I run. One time, just run and never go back. I meet you a few months later." Her tail twitched. "He find me, I remember. He find me and was so angry, call me traitor and threaten send me back to madam. Big pain instead, now.. here." She glanced at him from the corner of her eye, trying to gauge the reaction. Learning the mother of your children had been sold into a sex ring, underaged by months, was likely to put a damper on the mood.

As if there was even a mood to be had.

the staff team luvs u
05-10-2021, 04:42 PM
^^
There he listened quietly to her talk about the "betrayal" she had mentioned. Freely spilling everything out into the open to air dry for him to soak up. And he felt disgusted. Even his own father would not have done such things. Women and their daughters were free to leave the pack as soon as they gave them a son, they were taken care of despite being used. Protected, fed, comforted. Whatever men Annika had come from were more monstrous than the berserker pack he had come from.

How frown deepened, “Was I aware?” disgusted with himself to have left someone like that to her own devices. No wonder she was furious. Not to mention he had added to it all according to her by getting furious with her for whatever reason it was. With an angered huff he tore his own gaze away from the brunette, bristling at the thought of what had transpired. 

He would be too. He would have been beyond furious if he was in her position. And yet she had proven to be a better wolf than he could ever be. “Perhaps here is a haven away from that.” Was all he managed to say, he had apologized over and over before if he had done so more it would only fall flat at some point. Maybe this wasn't quite her heaven as she would have dreamed, but at least not the hell from which she came from.
^^
the staff team luvs u
05-10-2021, 06:10 PM
It was a relief to finally tell someone the story, to be honest. She had been isolated from everyone to the extent that she had not felt comfortable discussing it with anyone -- besides, who wanted to listen to a woman complain? She and her "sisters" had been taught to sit pretty and keep quiet, attract the customers. Do what they wanted.

No more. Annika would spill everything, would make sure no child was ever handed off as a pawn to a sleazy woman and her crew of delinquents. She would have her own children -- daughters, and she would treasure them and protect them the way her parents had not.

So wrapped up in her own thoughts, she nearly forgot about Rosencrantz until he spoke.

Was he aware? Annika couldn't recall, truthfully, but the man was so frustrated with everything that she couldn't saddle him with another complaint. "No, you didn't." And if it helped absolve some of his guilt about the situation, even better. She had wanted him to suffer up until about twenty minutes ago and now? Now she felt like shit about wanting revenge.

She looked to him as he mumbled about a haven. "Is possible." With that, well.. Annika didn't really know where to go. Everything seemed too messy to just pick up somewhere, so the woman did the only thing she could think to do: she relieved him of herself. "I let you get back, sure you have other things to worry about." Annika offered his shoulder a gentle nudge, hesitated, and then pulled to walk away.

"Be nearby for few days.."

And she left the invitation open for him to either accept or deny, turning to trot off and find somewhere she could sleep. Forever.

{exit unless stopped!}

the staff team luvs u
05-16-2021, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 11:07 PM by Rosencrantz.)
^^
It was some kind of relief to be told he had no idea of it all even before this, during their brief time together in the other life of which only she truly remembered any of. And yet still he couldn't shake the self-hatred he had found burning within him. Perhaps some day he could properly make it up to her, for now he was left completely baffled and would need more time to think of a way. If anything at all would be good enough ever.

With her final farewell he would not stop her a second time. If she wanted to leave then this would be their best time to do so as they were no longer bitter but both somewhat pleased after the recent events. With a nod, he watched her walk off. From this angle he could see why he was intrigued with her before. Yes Miriam was beautiful as well, like a spring flower. Gentle, feminine, motherly - there was also that undeniably alluring power behind Annika's size. 

If only she knew his thoughts.

Maybe it would be an insult to hear them, or a compliment she oh so needed to hear.

Regardless, he kept it to himself. “I look forward to see you again Annika.” Was his way of accepting the invitation, that she was always welcome to approach the next time she smelled of him, or saw - instead of avoiding through a third party like Miriam... and he grinned at the thought before turning to return to camp where he hoped Miriam was waiting for him.
^^
end <3

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top