Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Love of two is one

Late Evening Fog 50° F
P
Discovery
Nightwalkers
04-22-2021, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 07:19 AM by zina. Edited 1 time in total.)
@Eldra set right after the pack meeting, keeping the meeting relatively vague

^^
Once the meeting had come to an end, the Warlord signaled for all to leave and a silent signal with a tilt of his head for Eldra to follow after they had locked eyes. They traveled in silence away from the group as they separated into their own routines once more, at least this time more informed as to what was going on. They traveled away from the borders and into the neighboring misty valley where they would be away from prying eyes and listening ears and only at a comfortable distance away did he turn to face the pale giantess with a placid interest painted across his sick mug.

“You seem to have had some fun while away.” His deep tones were almost teasing, an elusive mocking tone that tickled the air in a sick twisted way as the mist danced along the behemoth's tongue as he spoke, rapidly escaping his snapping maw as it quickly shut. As though the world sensed his anticipation for any news being shared, the pasture grew silent as even distant birds and gophers didn't dare to speak while tension hung tickly in the air, twisting and slithering with the haze as it caressed his muscular frame.
^^

+1 Discovery Point

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
Nightwalkers
04-22-2021, 07:07 PM
The titaness followed quietly at Ven's silent signal, trailing him into the Pasture, where she stopped only once he turned to face her.

To his words, Eldra chuckled a brief, soft note.

"I was able to track the woman's scent into the mountain range." She gestured to where the Maw was located, "She intercepted me at the mouth of a cave. She tried to talk at me, but I didn't let her get more than a couple words out." Eldra gestured to the various slashes littering her pale bulk; "Sadly I wasn't able to kill her in my advance. After a time, she shoved me down the rise, and disappeared before I was able to catch her again and bring you her head." 

From there she fell silent, bracing for his fangs.
the staff team luvs u
Nightwalkers
Discovery
04-22-2021, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 07:19 AM by zina. Edited 2 times in total.)
^^
He fell silent as the mist itself. Feeling the cool touch of dew against his skin as the thick fur of his soaked it up. The twilight above them twinkled despite them not being able the see the bright skies beyond the haze as it shrouded the world away from their eyes. Truly they were in a world of their own. To whisper sweet secrets into one another ears without worry of prying eyes all around waiting to spread their words like wild fires among dry branches.

As Eldra spoke, his expression didn't shift but remained rather neutral as he soaked in the words like his fur with the dew. The Warlord was nothing but a sponge as all the information he was told slowly painted a picture as to what he should do next. Once she finished, he let the silence linger just a beat longer before speaking himself.

“Well done.” Even as she braced, he did not lunge. On the contrary. Though she did not manage to kill the woman in question, she had done just enough to confirm her location and indeed that the mountain may be where they would go next in search of her. With Element and Eldra painting the same picture, he was certain of it now that it was there, just within his reach that she tried to lay her claim. Truly, how dim-witted was she to set up camp so close by? “You will lead our party for her search when the time comes.”
^^

+1 Discovery Point

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
Discovery
Nightwalkers
04-24-2021, 05:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 07:20 AM by zina. Edited 1 time in total.)
She was visibly surprised as he praised her. 
How he didn't move to shove her into the dirt and scar her in the many ways he had before. 

Then he shocked her some more, as he told her she would lead their party into the mountains when the time came.
Speechless, tongue-tied, Eldra truly wasn't sure how to respond and it showed every time she opened her jaws to try and speak, yet nothing came out. 
Several times.

Finally, the soldier got herself in check and spoke "Thank you, sir. It will be my honor." 

+0 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
Nightwalkers
04-24-2021, 05:16 PM
^^
They were one step closer to ridding themselves of the woman who had crossed him. Eldra was speechless for the moment, leaving Vengeance to think through the next steps to approach the situation. Eldra would lead them to where she had fought the brindle back woman, and until then they would prepare to move. Gather a small group and alert the others to prepare should they need more reinforcements... though he doubted it would be necessary. If they were quick enough, she surely wouldn't have been able to gather enough bodies to be too much of a threat.

“Unfortunately for you, our only healer escaped. Hopefully, those wounds of yours are not too malignant.” Nor did he learn much from Bramble before she poisoned him. He would be certain to avoid those bean-like plants from here on end... A useful lesson to use on someone else perhaps now that he knew of them.

“That is all I need from you now unless there is something you need?” He was ready to dismiss the woman should she have nothing else to offer, unless she needed something from the Warlord himself.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Nightwalkers
04-28-2021, 03:07 AM
As Vengeance explained their healer had escaped, Eldra's ears slanted backwards some. 
But her wounds felt fine, thus to his last question, the soldier shook her head.

"No, sir." She replied, amethyst hues lighting like violet fire in the dwindling light. She would wait to turn and head back to the trees until he dismissed her himself.
the staff team luvs u
Discovery
04-29-2021, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 07:20 AM by zina. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
Nothing else was needed between them as Eldra stated and so they were done here. “Very well, prepare for when I call again. We will move soon.” How soon he was uncertain, but the sands of time were running out and soon they would find themselves upon the mountain where the wretched woman had decided to hide away since their first meeting.

Dismissing her, he went on his own path letting Eldra to do whatever she wanted in order to rest up, heal or hone in on her skills before a possible battle would be waged.

Drifting off into the mist of the pasture, he would hunt one of the groundhogs or small deer who crossed through of which their scent he crossed upon entering before the meeting. After such a long travel from the mountains, he hungered for something more than the little morsels he managed to eat along the way with haste to keep his journey short; for he too had to prepare for war and the first course of action was to rebuild his energy through feasting.
^^
Last from me!!

+1 Discovery Point

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top