Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

40, 000 men and women everyday, Redefine happiness

Early Morning Fog 55° F
Discovery
04-13-2021, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 10:01 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
He didn't stay in Blackwood for long after their meeting. There was still much that had to be done, one more stop to visit a newer alliance to share the news of a possible danger lurking nearby - of a possible looming war in the near future.

During his travel, he could have sworn he had smelled the bitch somewhere around the mountain separating Elkshire and Nightwalker terrain - but he couldn't be certain. There was no time for him to go on a wild goose chance with other things that were of more importance than chasing ghosts.

As he wandered closer to the first land he patrolled, it was as if the mist from Blackwood had followed him here as it rolled along his feet. Creeping out from behind him and into the greening woods where @Célnes' scent still reigned supreme. Their slithering tendrils creeping across the fern carpeted ground and twisting around the bark of young-looking trees.

He dared not to test their alliance by crossing their scented borders and instead he stood, lifting his head to call forth the King of Elkshire for a meeting of their own.
^^

+1 Discovery Point

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
Discovery
04-17-2021, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 10:01 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
It had been a while since she heard the familiar call of the boogeyman. She lay upon the riverbanks, just near the waterfalls as it plummets to the stream, and following further into the territory. Upon a smooth rock did the Queen stretch, her fur relishing in the soft sunlight that managed to reach through the fog - alas it was but a fruitless endeavor. A cold and morning with dew upon the grass, as she shacked from the slight touch of it. Her paws wrestling upwards, the skimmish sound of pebbles splashing into the water, and Célnes glancing upon the fleeing fish.

Moving through the territory did she display but a smile of royalty, her head held high as she walked leisurely through to see who; the boogeyman of the forest.

"Vengeance, it has been some time."

+1 Discovery Point

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
04-17-2021, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 10:02 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
Here he was reminded of his time within these woods. The delicious elk who were numerous, the little pale woman he had taken in as their healer who had... ended horribly unfortunately not in his favour - something he wished to never speak of. The beginning of the second alliance in a strange turn of events. It was even stranger to think that his roots were somewhat engrained in these soils as well as hers, they simply didn't dig as deep here as they would back home.

Eventually, the woman of the hour approached with a greeting. After spending much time here as his first, temporary home, she was a sight for sore eyes. Like a fleeting roommate. “Célnes.” There was no dip of his head or other signals of respect - he treated her as he did with Hydra. An equal on the same ground. “I have come bearing news.” But where to begin? There was much to share and time felt short.

Every piece had to be set in place before they moved and yet every day that passed was another day where that brindle back woman had to prepare for his arrival. He wondered if she knew. But to rush in would only cause possible casualties, of which, he could not afford. One step at a time was crucial despite the itch he had crawling along his skin to make a move and finish this now.
^^

+1 Discovery Point

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
04-19-2021, 02:56 AM
"Oh?" Curiously so did her eyes glint, wondering what he would bring. She couldn't very much tell whether it was an importance or a simple warning - vaguely knowing that they were close, the travel would not be difficult. The allyship was relatively close, but sadly she knew vaguely if there was others around. There was, a forest in the distance, that she knew of, but beyond them was an unknown. There was temptation on a later time to ask what he has seen, who has he seen.

She desired connections, a Queen cannot rule without appropriate measurements.

the staff team luvs u
04-20-2021, 01:03 AM
^^
A grunt was offered in confirmation before he continued. “The Nightwalkers have officially claimed Blackwood.” Was his first news, he would not mention how small their numbers were as he hoped they would grow by the time Célnes would come by to realize their numbers. Even if they were allies, he still did not want to come off as weaker-than.

Then his head tilted lower than usual, gazing at her directly eye to eye as what was coming held a heavier weight than the former. “And I have an enemy in my sights.” He paused, letting both news sink in before continuing. “I know not her name, but a possible location was just given to me before heading over here. It is the mountain between us, I plan on investigating it soon.” He would wait for her reply before asking for reinforcements.

Not wanting to come off as weak numbered, his choice of words had to be careful.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Discovery
04-20-2021, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 10:02 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
"How delightful. I do wonder, how many more allies have you tucked into your paw now that you grow?" He looked of a man that knew nothing but blood and anger, yet surprisingly, the man had an intelligence to him that contradicted to his rather filthy and barbaric appearance. In another life, Célnes would never imagine to ally with such a man, finding beneath - yet this life twisted where it became a pleasant deal that she honored, and unadmittingly was grateful for. It gave a soft protection, a shield that she did not previously have. For if Elkshire was to fail, there was backups.

As the forest gloomed with a fog, she could hear the bleating sounds of the elk coming through the forest. Perhaps because it was so morning they desired to remove further to the outskirts for a taste of the dew-dipped grass, an eye wandering to their direction, before facing the man. A fog suited him, but the luxuries of the greenary the held in the elk's crown seemed to contradict his brutal looks. The name Bleakwood brought curiosity on the look to it, as it just as sour as the man before her?

"What is her appearance?" A first enemy to arrive, but she thought nothing of it. Rather her smile curved further, a peaceful look, as with so many numbers she wholeheartedly believed the other would have no chance of survival if she came to. Especially now knowing she was so close.. That wouldn't do. Though with little numbers to her name, Célnes couldn't send any wolves to scout out, but she'd warn to watch them.

+1 Discovery Point

the staff team luvs u
04-21-2021, 06:10 PM
^^
One and a half. He thought to himself, answering her rhetorical question silently. He was a man of many things, and secrets were one of them. Though, he doubted he could keep Empyrean and Event Horizon secret forever especially should they all send troops as he requested to find the woman in question. That was a conversation for another day. He would not worry about introductions until they were sure to meet.

“I know not her name.” He began his explanation, even if Célnes didn't ask about a name, he made sure she knew he wasn't aware of it at the time of this conversation. “She is lightly smaller than I am but longer, with tall ears unlike any wolf I have seen before. A dark pelt of black, brindled with silver. Eyes like lightning blue with extra toes and strange teeth.” He didn't see her tongue during their meeting, nor did anyone describe it to him, but she was a strange creature enough with bits that were hard to miss.

“She came to my borders demanding a higher rank than entry. Naturally her demand The word was sour on his tongue as it still prickled every hair along his spine to remember the audacity she showed. “was rejected, to which she promptly, zealously offered a tentative alliance with the Nightwalkers as he gathers her own group of rag-tag mercenaries.” The glance he gave the King was enough to explain how little he cared for the idea of a mother mercenary group setting up camp around him that didn't pledge loyalty to him and posed even a little threat to his own throne.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-21-2021, 06:39 PM
"An unusual appearance.. She would not easily slip past many." Vaguely so did the look remind her of a certain foolish man from a nearby past. He held similar brindles, though not as outwardly as Vengeance said this new enemy was. She could see the personalities clash if the silver-stripped wolf was any way like that man - someone who stroked their own ego when no one else would, and acted like a King, yet just a jester through followers of more clowns to gather.

"We'll keep an eye out." Though she could not offer the words of true help, on the thoughts of capturing the woman who demanded, yet gave nothing in return. As Elkshire only had very few warriors, she at the moment could not send them out looking for the scourge. Though near, Célnes couldn't simply ignore, for her own sake, and the sake of the alliance.

It would be but a dream to truly capture, if anyone done, she would award them nicely. True to her word though, she would help what she could lend. However Célnes thought Vengeance would catch the other soon enough, as he was already heading toward the mountain where she may be.

"It sounded like an amusing introduction." Though the scornful look he gave brought but a small laughter. Such a troublesome member, and she could only imagine how the man like him, could interact with a demanding wolf, then someone oh so high on their horse, to give allyship without anything to their name. Originally the two were like that at first, but now both squabbled in their growing empires."

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
04-21-2021, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2021, 09:27 PM by Vengeance. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
“Unlikely.” He agreed. With such a strange appearance it was unlikely that she would be easily missed or overlooked as just one out of a million. Unfortunately for her, she was unique in almost every way. It made searching for her just a little easier as it narrowed down the options and eliminated room for mistaken identity.

With a nod, her answer was all he needed for now. “That is all I ask for now. I will gather a small group to investigate the mountain and confirm her location, I will send for reinforcements when necessary.” He had to be careful to not sound the alarm and move troops away from budding packs who need numbers to protect and solidify their own borders for a false war - it would only make him look foolish after all. A waste of energy. Should her scent be found, he would send their swiftest warrior to call for Elkshire first - another to the North for the mountain wolves to send theirs - which would take longer... but even then, with a constant flow of new fighters, it would be enough to satisfy his bloodlust.

It would also serve as a test of loyalty and commitment to the alliances.

Rubies narrowed in disdain at the mention of an "amusing introduction". “I want her head.” Was all he muttered in response. The Nightwalkers were too new here to let some lone woman make demands at him and walk away with the lingering threat of creating her own pack to rival his. Now was the time to make a name for themselves. “For now that is all, unless you have news to share while I am here.” His gaze cast out to the woods behind her, even shrouded in the mist he brought with him the green was almost blinding when compared to the hazy woods of home.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Discovery
04-22-2021, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 10:04 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
"You are welcome to station your warriors here for safekeeping - I would hope they would follow our rules." She would not mind for his legion to temporary stay at the forest. It was big enough to hold them all, and easily they could be hidden beneath the many trees that were foraging around. To the bushes and thickets could they hide, and down the mountain they could drag a prisoner. A previous place that there once was, while she wished for it to be a den, it seemed appropriate at the moment for a prisoner. A grotto into the ground, blanketed by moss, but darkness with but minor sunlight reaching within.. An appropriate place for an troublesome wolf to remain in until pick-up day.

Though the only wish she would ask - they do not hunt the antlered elk. As the Queen told him long ago, she would hope he remembered.

"Beyond my forest and across the plans there is another group named the Pantheon. They appear to be harmless." She commented, remembering the stuttering Queen. It brought a disdained face, thinking someone so weak-like, a kitten, to be a queen of a forest. It was worth mentioning she thought, as the more packs they knew of, the more to prepare for any troubles.

+1 Discovery Point

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
04-22-2021, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 10:04 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
His chest reverberated deeply in a sort of corrupted hum. Akin to almost a growl even if its nature was pensive and not aggressive. The idea of stationing any warriors here was tempting, and perhaps if he had more warriors to split up he would have... for now, it was simply not in his cards to leave their woods and weaken his numbers further by separating them between groups.

Before he departed, it seemed that Célnes had her own news. “Do they...?” He drawled with a hint that he would be the one to decipher their "harmlessness" for himself. Another group for him to investigate and make sure they were not a threat to his new world kingdom here in the woods. “I will be sure to pay them a visit as well in due time.” One problem at a time after all. Célnes' expression change piqued his curiosity as well as to what had her disgusted even mildly with The Pantheon.

“Should they prove to be troublesome, you know who to call.” With that as his departing words and nothing left to share, he began to pad away in a slow saunter for now as he thought through the meeting and what was shared. His pace would quicken as he gained more distance between himself and Elkshire's woods but for now, he would take his time, leaving grime along the foliage as he walked. Once more staining the beautifully green and fresh woods with his own contamination.
^^
last from me! <3

+1 Discovery Point

the staff team luvs u
04-22-2021, 06:49 PM
"Farwell." Information exchanged and given, there meeting light and short. Not that she didn't mind and preferred so, the two held quite a difference, but pleasantry so somehow rearranged to get along, and ideals going forth. Though she wondered if the day they ever truly sat down, what troubles would transpire on the differences, and what would come of the alliance. It wasn't a true worry but a back-hand thought, like another thought of a 'what ifs' that didn't hold much confidence would happen.

She only wished him off with a smile, and a returning to the forest's shadows. A making sure to tell the rest, about the wolf with interesting hues. Within these forests of greens and browns, there was no point of them hiding, but beyond so in the mountains, Célnes wondered what troubles could be brewed from someone who unpetted the Warlord.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top