Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

40, 000 men and women everyday, Like Romeo and Juliet

Late Evening Fog 50° F
Nightwalkers
04-13-2021, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 05:33 PM by Vengeance. Edited 1 time in total.)
Pack meeting! If you cannot join due to OOC reasons, don't worry! You can read the thread whenever you want and all current Nightwalkers will be assumed to know what was said during this meeting! @Aries, @Eldra, @Caine, @Caligula

^^
Finally he had returned back to the misty woods. His little trip had taken longer than originally thought thanks to the little detour he took in order to talk with Hydra's neighbouring pack, Event Horizon. Regardless of what she thought of them, he needed all the allies they can muster against this new budding foe. With their smaller than he would have liked numbers, Nightwalkers weren't quite the army he would like to have just yet.

They had set to find a place suitable for their usual meeting spots, something they would all figure out in due time as their numbers grew. For now, as he walked across their borders and into the deeper parts of the haze-filled woods, where he now stood away from prying outside eyes was good enough. Lifting his head into the heavens, he let out a long, heavy melody to summon the soldiers who were currently under his command.

They had much to talk about after all...
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
04-13-2021, 04:14 PM
As the resident Goodest Boy, Caligula was prompt in dropping his activities in order to attend. He hadn't been doing anything terribly productive, but no one needed to know that outside of himself, thanks. The wolf slipped through the haze with practiced ease, intent on finding the shadowy man without delay. If he were to be lectured about something he had or had not done in Ven's absence, Caligula would prefer it to be alone.

"Welcome home," the ghost called, his voice disembodied until the mist gave way to his form. The man said nothing else and simply gave the warlord a nod, ready and waiting as always.

the staff team luvs u
04-16-2021, 09:29 PM
Eldra had also recently returned from her job to find the brazen woman. 
While she had succeeded, she was also still healing from wounds received in the fight the two had had. 
Still, Eldra had gathered useful information, news she would have to share later. 

Her Warlord was home. 
Quickly, Eldra trotted toward the sound of his howl, coming up beside Caligula to greet Ven. She dipped her head respectfully, otherwise silent and yet her poison-purple hues were inquisitive with the desire to know why everyone was being called. 

She'd find out soon enough.
the staff team luvs u
04-20-2021, 02:03 AM
Things had been quiet since Vengeance left... or well, maybe just for him. He had spied a few other members around the shady woods but he hadn't been entirely interested in playing with them yet. Aries kept to himself surprisingly, getting used to the land or scoping out just beyond the borders. A familiar deep call would draw him out though, one unmistakably as the warlord's. He trotted easily through the woods arriving at the location only to see two others before him.

A woman almost as big as Vengeance then a horribly scarred man who also rivaled their sizes. Aries wasn't a small man, it was rare he ran into others his size, but for a whole pack of beasts to exist, well...he could only snort. Of course they would be, Vengeance had picked them after all hadn't he? He didn't exactly seem like the type of man to keep a pipsqueak around. The fire born would say nothing as he took his seat, instead only eyeballing the two new faces while he waited for whatever news their Warlord had to share.

the staff team luvs u
Nightwalkers
04-20-2021, 02:55 AM
^^
He heard Caligula first before seeing the scarred man emerge from the mist. “How have things been while I was away?” He grinned with a quirked brow toward the pale warrior. Certainly, the Warlord would figure it out himself in due time, but perhaps Caligula had things he wanted to mention before the herd arrived or Vengeance found them out on his own.

Eventually, Eldra joined the duo, saying nothing but the wounds scattered across her body told of a story of battles come and gone. Curiously he eyed her as to why she came back in such a state, crimson eyes flickering to Caligula as though he, as stand-in General, knew anything about it. Eldra was sent away to investigate the whereabouts of the woman he sought, so perhaps he too was just as unknowing as Vengence was.

Aries was next to arrive, quiet as well. It was the most curious thing since he had returned. Since when was this man quiet about anything? Perhaps he was shy around his new packmates? Impossible. But as he waited long enough the meeting would begin regardless if there were others on the way. He would not wait forever for the tardy souls to find their way.

“As some of you may know, I have been away to meet with our ally in the North, Empyrean. Along the way I made a tentative alliance with their neighbor Event Horizon, we are at peace for the time being as we seek a woman who I believe will cause us nothing but grief. Just as I returned to Blackwood, I met with an Empyrean soldier who told me of their possible whereabouts — after this meeting I will be heading South to meet with Elkshire's leader to confirm with them the news I share with you.”

Here he would pause for them should any of the present bodies have anything to add.

“If she is in the mountain I was told, we may have a war brewing should she have already gathered the followers for this " ragtag group of mercenary perhaps or a warmongering group of traveling killers" she told Eldra and I of.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
04-21-2021, 09:27 PM
How had things been? His response was an effortless "quiet" accompanied by a stiff nod. He didn't know if Vengeance would have been expecting him to wage war whole he was out, but Caligula had done his best to keep the place as it had been at his departure. Truth be told the days had gone by quickly and without issue and he saw no reason why that would be a disappointment. Everyone was still alive, thriving..

Oh, well. Maybe not Eldra.

His eye narrowed on the wounded woman as she approached, nearly shrugging off the cuts as if they'd always been there. "Quiet until today, it seems," he amended, giving her a brief assessment to check for anything that needed immediate attention. There was nothing, and so he let her be for now.

Another wolf arrived that Caligula knew nearly nothing about, but he received a nod in greeting in time for Vengeance to begin. The ghost drank in the information eagerly, storing it away and mulling over the possibility of war so soon. They would need to add to their numbers quickly, then, and training would need to begin yesterday. The Nightwalkers were unprepared for a tactical battle, but he would do what he could.

The news that Vengeance would be leaving again nearly brought a pout to Caligula's lips if for no other reason than he wanted to go out and spy and hunt down others, damnit. How come Ven got to have all the fun? Shiiiit.

Naturally, the only thing that actually happened was a shifting of his weight and the smallest tilt of his head to indicate being at attention. Mhm, yes, go on.

the staff team luvs u
Nightwalkers
04-24-2021, 05:20 AM
short post incoming

The Warlord spoke of the details. 
A war, of course. That brindled bitch sure had it coming, but Eldra didn't pipe up with that. She knew better.

Then the news that Vengeance would be leaving again to check on the Elkshire wolves...the pale titaness flicked an ear dismissively. 
As much as she didn't like Celnes, there was zilch the soldier could do about it. So, as she has been the entire time, she kept quiet. 
Though she knew she and the Warlord would need to exchange words at a later time, and it was heavily anticipated on her end.

Eldra damn sure wasn't going to get more scars for nothing. Fuck that, no thanks.
the staff team luvs u
04-24-2021, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2021, 10:11 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
News of allies was well...new to him, not that he really cared. Aries supposed it was good that a group like them had support. It left more wiggle room to do as he pleased and have some fun beyond their borders. Perhaps he could pay one of these packs a visit and see what exactly made them so special to a guy like Vengeance. He would take the names and commit them to memory quietly as the warlord continued, eventually moving on to news of a band of misfits.

Of course, that was only if this woman had even gathered followers since announcing her plans. From the sounds of things, they could end up neighbors, unpleasant ones though he took no issue in being the welcome committee and explaining a few rules. He chuckled, an oh so familiar grin slipping on his lips as he finally spoke up, So who's the lucky guy who gets to bring them some fresh goods just to say 'howdy! Welcome to the neighborhood '? Of course in this case it would be fangs as opposed to sweets or a fresh kill, but that was just as good in his opinion.

the staff team luvs u
04-24-2021, 05:28 PM
^^
Quiet, quiet was good enough for now. They were a small group anyway for the time being. He expected quiet until there were more voices to fill the silence. Well, relatively eventless except for Eldra that is.

After his speech, of course it was Aries who had something to add. A clever little quip to add to the situation. For once his humor wasn't totally off-putting. “Once we confirm my suspicions —” A different way to put that he wanted to talk to Eldra first as to what she might have found out there, where the wounds came from, if she had found anything at all about the woman's whereabouts. “we will gather in a small group to investigate where she might be hiding. Should she have any followers by now, I will not be sending anyone alone.”

He supposed there would be little debate on that. So he continued. “If there are too many for us to handle, we will retreat to Elkshire for reinforcements.” Hopefully such a move would not be necessary. With Elkshire being the closest of the allies, they would stop there first for a few more bodies before heading into the mountains, at the same time, he would inform Célnes of the plan for her to prepare should things go south. “If there are no questions, I expect you all to prepare. I will call once we are ready to move to meet out Southern allies.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-24-2021, 07:12 PM
Caligula knew enough about Eldra's relationship with Vengeance to know the concept of speaking with him alone likely unnerved her. The man shifted his weight and glanced her way, wondering if she would be able to mask any disdain. Ah, she was a completely different wolf from before Vengeance had left. He had faith in her abilities to handle the pressure of their warlord.

"Understood," the wolf rumbled in acceptance, dipping his head. Preparing was always so anxiety inducing, but his heart yearned for the adrenaline of the battlefield. Ugh, yes, wars were his kink.

"If anyone wishes to spar, you know where to find me."

Caligula paused to see if anything else would be said before turning to slip away, eager to practice some combat techniques and then take a nap. Because effort.

--exit!

the staff team luvs u
04-26-2021, 10:07 AM
Just as quick as the meeting was called, it came to an end. What Vengeance said made sense, and he wouldn't deny the plan made sense, though he still had hoped for a bit more excitement promised beforehand. This Elkshire seemed close though to his bounty, and only proved he needed to take a little trip and see it for himself. Based on the name alone, he hoped they were some sort of fat-bellied pack with a feast of elk to pick from though maybe that was getting his hopes too high for a free meal.

A reddened ear flicked towards the scarred man as he stood to leave. He mentioned something about sparring before departing and given his body, he was sure the man had seen his own fair share of battles. Rolling his tongue to press at his inner cheek, Aries bit down in thought, only to stand and take his own leave silently. He wouldn't take the other up on his offer just yet, but maybe he could do a bit of information hunting.

permission to skip eldra, aries exits here

the staff team luvs u
04-26-2021, 04:23 PM
Thank you everyone! The meeting is over!

^^
With his closing statement, Caligula offered training to anyone listening and makes his leave. Aries without another word, slinked back into the mist leaving only Eldra and Vengeance as the lingering two, he already signaling for her to follow him instead of turning to leave herself as well. They had much to talk about after all. With those wounds across her body, certainly she had an interesting tale to tell.

Once she made it clear she would follow, the two began to wander away to their next location to start their own, more personal, meeting.
^^
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top