Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
and that I don't loose it

Late Evening Partly Cloudy 75° F
P
04-11-2021, 05:10 AM
@Reiko only if you have time tho, no pressure!! :3

The band of wolves had looked to decrease in size over time, until it was only her and Reiko left on this journey. Izu couldn't help but feel a bit guilty because of it -- the fact that most had left wasn't her fault, of course, but just thinking about how hard it must've been on the young mother to receive less help than before gave the crane an indescribable knot in her chest. Because of this, she wished to work even harder in her efforts to help anyway she could, and hopefully bring comfort to the same woman who treated her with nothing but kindness since the day they've met.

Izumi decided to rest near a tree that sat just near the body of water, a dead hare that she had caught just recently sitting in between her paws incase the dove was hungry when she came. Come to think of it, her and Reiko really didn't have enough time out of the days trying to get to know each other, especially since there were many things Izu wished to ask her. Perhaps tonight would be a good opportunity to do so...

the staff team luvs u
[Image: IZumi1.png]
04-11-2021, 11:44 PM
^^
Somewhere, as the woman wandered the thicker woods, Reiko caught a little trail where the scent seemed familiar. Unlike that of any of the wolves she had met here in these new lands, no, this was like a dream. After her meeting with Element, she wandered deeper into the woods, away from Izumi but promised to return later as to not forsaken the only traveler left at her side to help find the missing children. Then there it was, Hotaru's scent fading away into the woods in a fading trail.

Her heart raced with joy. At least one of them was near, they were close to a trail and there was finally a signal that the child was indeed somewhere here! Quickly she turned to find the lake where Izumi and her rested. Hastily she raced through the woods, no longer caring at the state of her coat as she did before, picking through the foliage and mud as to not tarnish her coat - yet now, she ran through carefree of previous anxieties about her appearance. Something far more precious was near.

Bursting through the foliage, she looked around the lake until the crane's delicate figure sat just waiting for the Empress. Unaware of what was on Izumi's mind, Reiko quickly ran up to her, tail waving in a leaf-riddled banner with dirt and twigs clinging to the fibers. “Izumi!” There was a twinkle in her eye, one not-found in the fatigued mother's eyes before.
^^
the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
04-15-2021, 05:40 PM
Short post!

Perhaps Izumi was a little too into her own  thoughts at the moment, because it didn't occur to her that there was someone approaching nearby. At the aggressive sound of leaves rustling all at once, the young crane nearly jumped out of her own fur in fear -- only to twist her neck around and see the familiar puff of white that was Reiko. "R-Reiko...??" Slowly would she scramble back to her dainty paws, with her heart still racing from the small fright and her dark brows furrowed in concern. "What happened?"

the staff team luvs u
04-16-2021, 01:34 AM
Pfffttt I'm sorry Izumi you wanted to chat and stuff and Rei comes bursting in LMFAO

^^
Standing before Izumi, the little woman panted with a bright smile lifting her pale lips. Though tired her banner still weaved happily in a slow but excited rhythm as it flip-flopped from one side of her hips to the other. “I am sorry to have frightened you.” Even with her excitement she tried to let the smile fade and let her head fall slightly to the side momentarily so she can properly apologize, seeing the shock in Izumi's eyes just moments ago.

But she could not, would not stand still. They were so close now. Tethered to the missing girl she felt pulled in her direction, reeled in to where her trailed had gone off to before she turned to gather the crane so they may continue together. She turned swiftly back in the direction from which she came, like lightning striking her feet she was jittery and just ready to move. “I smelled her! I found my daughter's tracks, she is near!” It was unmistakable, she was certain of it.

Casting an excited glance over her shoulder to Izumi's violet gaze, her tail waved happily as she smiled. “She is near, I can feel it.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
04-30-2021, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 06:23 PM by Izumi. Edited 1 time in total.)
Last post!

A line of concern riddled her usually doll-like features, squinted eyes of confusion silently asking once more, "What had happened?". It wasn't until the dove actually told her that her ears pricked furrowed, as did her tail -- Reiko had managed to find one of the missing children. 

There was a small bubble of doubt that they'd be able to find young children in a world so vast, mysterious, and danger-filled -- it was one of the reasons she wanted to help comfort Reiko just in case their journey didn't end up leading to a happy ending. Yet it did, for the most part, and a trail claiming to lead them to one of the pups was promised.

The siamese stood straight, now a tad more energetic than she was a moment before, and with a determined voice would she slink over toward the empress's side. "I trust you know the scent trail then? Lead the way and I shall follow." The plan to comfort the grieving mother soon turned into a rescue mission -- everything else could be put on hold until then...

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top