Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Democracy Inspired Pack

06-06-2024, 02:37 PM
Oi y'all, I'm here again with another pack idea I hatched and wondered if people would be interested!

I'm not super interested in leading it but instead just sharing the thought in case we wanna make this a thing!

The idea is the following;
- Every year a vote within the pack is done to see who the leaders are. The pack as a whole will vote for the top 4 members who will be the pack leaders.
- Amongst the 4 leaders, they will pick one of them to make final decisions, especially when votes are tied.
- The lead 4 will vote between themselves for important overall pack decisions. Which means if your leaders makes a bad decision, the next vote of who will lead might not go your way!
- No one is allowed to vote for themselves. Votes will be done with a yearly poll

Pack Alignment
- True neutral. They can swing between good or bad all depending on who the pack votes into power and how they use that power.

Fun Ideas for the Pack as Plots
- Leaders who try to change the pack into a monarchy, do they get kicked off the throne early? Do they get kicked out of the pack because the pack runs them off?
- Allies and enemies can change with every voting season.
- Nefarious characters who poison the well for their own benefit, while others fight against such poisonous ideals they think will destroy the pack. highly inspired by irl politics but with a fun spin on it
- Rules can change with every voting season as well, but remember that some rule changes might piss off your fellow pack mates! There are consequences for all actions! EMBRACE THEM
the staff team luvs u
All of my characters are rated 3-3-3
Plot with me here | Visit my art shop here
scroll to top