Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
It's My Turn Boys

Midnight Fog
P
Adventurer
03-30-2024, 11:47 PM
The sweet aroma of spring had sprung and even the male who's least interest in life was to have a generation coming from him, could feel the tug of nature's desires gnawing in the recesses of his mind. In the recent weeks there were a couple bitches who they both could have unknowingly caused - and unfortunately for her, he was on his way elsewhere. Never sticking around long enough in one pace to gather moss on his lunar coat.

Tonight a different perfume caught his attention from his nightly jaunts. Drawing him closer to a familiar shadow that lurked in the darkness. At first the ghoul slithered in the undergrowth. Spying on the individual as silently as he could until a branch snapped beneath an ignorantly placed paw. Immediately he broke his own silence. Hawkes. He steps forward, the ghoulish slim figure of the man illuminated by the moonlight.

It has been a while, again. Even if they kept losing one another, he was never disappointed. Only pleased, smiling sharply, welcoming to the one and only he may have ever called friend.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: tqguO2a.png]
Master of The Order of the Crimson Moon, currently travelling with Hawkes
03-31-2024, 12:13 AM
He was being hunted, but Hawkes wasn’t in any danger he didn’t want to be in. He’d felt the creeping sensation of eyes on him before the branch had snapped, but the hunter was too well-concealed to spot. Hawkes turned at the sound of his name, smooth and alluring falling from familiar lips.

It seemed that the two of them were bound to find one another eventually, and Hawkes felt nothing but a soft flicker of warmth in his chest as he met those frostfire eyes. He’d missed him, he realized with a sort of awkward heat rushing through his body, and Hawkes very rarely missed anyone.

“Well, well,” he drawled.. “I thought someone was followin’ me,” the man continued, a wry smirk on his own maw as he approached the ghoulish figure, not a hint of apprehension in his body. Then, recalling one of their more recent meetings, he tacked on a tease, “Did ya miss me enough t’ come find me all the way out here?”

the staff team luvs u
03-31-2024, 12:21 AM
He approached - the relaxed language from Hawkes was his invitation to come in a little closer. There were few he respected at all, and frankly, he wanted to keep Hawkes around in good graces. Maybe even as friends? As strange as that thought might have been. Only because the wind brought your scent to me. He cooed in return, words dancing on the forkless tongue of the snake.

I wanted to make sure you were doing well without me. The words uttered with a brilliant toothy grin. Can't have you miss me too much. His voice just a touch smoother, toxic and sweet like smookey bourbon. What have you been up to?
the staff team luvs u
[Image: tqguO2a.png]
Master of The Order of the Crimson Moon, currently travelling with Hawkes
03-31-2024, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 05:30 AM by Hawkes. Edited 3 times in total.)

Hawkes knew that he smelled normal for now, but that would change in the coming weeks as the cycle approached. Which was, quite frankly, Hawkes’ least favorite time of the year - his last had been particularly unpleasant. While his heat was still a ways off yet, it was only a matter of time.

Would it be so bad, if Abaddon was the wolf he spent it with? He couldn’t imagine it going well, but was there really anyone else Hawkes would trust this way? There had always been something about the man that Hawkes was inexplicably drawn to, and left him wanting nothing more than to remain in Abaddon’s orbit.

It was a little embarrassing, really, but Hawkes couldn’t remember the last time he’d felt so at ease around another wolf. And it was Abaddon, of all people.

“Oh, y’know, I just missed ya so much, I couldn’t go on,” he teased, grin spreading across his face as he sat down, body language open and relaxed. “But if I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were the one missin’ me. After all, y’ went so far out of yer way to follow my scent ‘n all.” He had missed the ghoul, and he was willing to bet that it was obvious, but he couldn’t help but play along a little.

“Nothin’ exciting, really. Just wanderin’ around, findin’ places to stay. Y’ know me - I’m not one t’ put down roots or anythin’.” Except… maybe he wanted to. The idea didn’t sound half as unappealing to him as it used to. “What about you? Piss anyone off lately?” he pressed, tail thumping a few times on the ground behind him.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top