Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
do you know me?

Late Evening Sunny/Clear
03-12-2024, 04:35 AM
Stjörnuáti might think he had allowed a dog to come to live in Hrafnsvaktin seeing as how Bartel had come to find others.

He might have laughed if he was not worried it would upset or unnerve the one beneath him.

“Let my forystan see you.” He offered softly as he lowered himself and soon rolled onto his side. Belly towards Laith. Perhaps a sign of his ease among the other. “He vill decide.” A thick forelimb reached out to pull Laith close if he might be so inclined.

“Do you rush to go see him?”

There was an unspoken yearning in his eyes.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: bartel-pixel.png]
03-12-2024, 05:32 AM

The man rolled off of him, and Laith found himself mourning the lack of contact. But he didn’t go far, rolling onto his side instead - Laith was oddly touched by the show of trust, exposing his belly like that. He wondered if this was a rarity for the larger man, or if this was commonplace.

Forystan,” Laith echoed, testing the word on his tongue, wordlessly accepting Bartel’s invitation and sliding beneath his outstretched forelimb. He was warm, solid, grounding - Laith hummed his contentment as he pressed himself flush against Bartel’s prone form. “Does that mean ‘leader?’” he guessed, blinking slowly up at his companion.

Do you rush to go see him?

Laith’s own gaze softened at the expression on Bartel’s face. It would be romantic, wouldn’t it, to rush over and ask to join straight away? And Laith was sorely tempted - if he’d been a different wolf, perhaps he would have. “I think I need a few days,” they reasoned out loud. “To think things over. Make sure I’m making the right decision. I want to be loyal to the place I choose, and it wouldn’t be fair to be impulsive and regret it.” His tail tentatively thumped the ground behind him. “Is that alright?”

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top