Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Axios and Valentia

P
Counsellor
02-10-2024, 07:36 PM
Reiko had to admit it - and she wasn't shy about it - but Valentia was one beautiful woman and the Empress was concerned about doing this one justice. She pondered for a while on this one... and came to decision on a large russet man with fiery gold eyes. Their appearances would look so fitting she was certain of it. A beautiful couple that could be the envy of the Furud region if it worked out!

But the hardest task was matching their personalities. Valentia had a strong will who needed a man who can match such a powerful personality and she had faith in Axios to be just that.

On the ledge near a small waterfall lit by plants that oddly twinkled like fireflies, she offered them too some venison from Shiroshika's caches in hopes to sweeten their time with a good meal. Axios was given a few flowers from their garden to bring on their date and hopefully show Valentia he was worth her time tonight.

May the odds be ever in their favour tonight. If this worked, Reiko would be most proud of this pairing.

@Axios @Valentina

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
02-11-2024, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2024, 06:49 AM by Valentina.. Edited 2 times in total.)

Valentina was never on the hunt for a date. Most men wanted to keep her as a trophy, just a beautiful thing to have at their side and parade her around. Val just wanted to have fun, something casual and free. She didn't want to give up the little freedom she had, especially not for a man., never for a man.

But Valentina wasn't opposed to the idea of a partner. She just didn't want someone weak-willed. She needed a strong man, one who was confident and sure about himself. In short, she wanted a man, not a boy. However, when she heard of the dates being held by the pack of Shiroshika, Val decided to join in on the festivities. It wasn't meant to be an arranged marriage, just a chance to have fun. Or so she told herself.

When the woman came to the chosen meeting place, she couldn't help the gasp that left her lips. The twinkling flowers, a waterfall beside them. It was, stunning. Val's lips curled into a smile, a genuinely happy one. Thought was clearly put into the entire thing, and Valentina was grateful. She would have to give a gift to the woman as a thank you.

What Valentina didn't expect was the massive male waiting for her. A slight giggle left the woman as she saw the flowers that awaited her. She found the sight endearing, but his herculean appearance made it comical. Valentina gave a small dip of her head in greeting as she came to sit near the man.

"So it looks like the Empress thinks we'll be a good match." Val smirked and leaned closer to the large man, eyes rounding as she looked up at him. "Do you agree, papito?"

the staff team luvs u

common  —  spanish  —  3-3-3
02-14-2024, 05:57 AM
The demon seemed to lounge with purpose somehow, waiting for his date with every intention to seduce her. She was a mortal, they all were; perhaps it was something he should have stayed away from, considering his history, but the Demon King did not do what was expected of him. He served his own interests and would never again bend to the will of another. He had done such before and it had cost him everything, save his own life.

Golden eyes swept over the shroud, the flowers he'd been given for the woman carried alongside a fattened rabbit that hung from his jaws now, blood staining his lips, the fur of his chin. Flowers were useless. Meals, especially ones such as this, were much more desirable, at least in his own eyes. If she did not agree, then he would eat it, and then maybe he'd eat her for the offense (he wouldn't; wolf was too lean for him, in truth).

He saw her before she saw him, golden eyes glinting in the sparkled darkness of the cavern. He sat up from his lounging position, ears flickering when she gasped. A breath was drawn in so in his own breath so that he could drink in her scent. A confident grin shaped his maw when she brought herself closer, sitting next to him under the soft glow. Said smile only widened at her question. “My dear,” He drawled in his low, yet thunderous voice tinged with amusement and temptation both. “I would not have allowed her to pair us if I didn't think so. Tell me of yourself.” And he settled in to listen.

the staff team luvs u
03-15-2024, 08:05 AM

Valentina felt the energy in the cavern and knew what the man came for. Something primal rose within her, feeling the urge to challenge his desires. She would not give herself to a man so easily, not even if he were something she liked. Valentina had always liked the dangerous ones, the men who could take her life as quickly as they could give her pleasure. It was a delicate line she danced upon, where one wrong step could take her life.

But at the moment, she didn't really care. Valentina had come for the fun of it all, to find something worth her time. And if this ruggedly handsome man would fill her time, so be it.

Her ears lifted upon hearing the term. My dear. Isn't he the confident type.

"Is that so?" The woman allowed a soft laugh to leave her lips as she focused her golden gaze on the man. So he had that much of a say in the decision, it seemed. However, Val didn't believe it. She had met men like him, saying anything to make themselves look powerful. But two could play this game. "Then I am delighted I caught your eye." Val smiled sweetly, tilting her head away bashfully.

"What would you like to know, Papito?" She hummed, lowering her gaze to allow her thick lashes to rest against the swell of her cheeks. "I will answer any questions you have."

the staff team luvs u

common  —  spanish  —  3-3-3
04-22-2024, 12:42 AM
"Is that so?"

An eyebrow lifted at her sassy remark, wondering how well she played whatever 'game' she was starting with him. Bratty. Pretty. Eager to be put in her place, it seemed. Axios' demeanor never changed, the invisible crown upon his horns weighing heavily as he waited for her to do something interesting. More interesting than play the coy, vapid girl she was playing at being.

“Tell me what you think I want to know about you.” He did not have questions -- none that he cared to ask her, anyway. It was far more interesting to see how far she was willing to carry her little act.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top