Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

No grasp on reality

01-13-2024, 03:06 AM
@Sereia <3

Night time. Her mother's call had already gone up for the evening, the nightly summons for her children to return to the den. Usually, little Calypso was on time but tonight, something held her upon the shores.

That something was obvious in the low light of the early evening, the blue glow of the waters captivating the young girl's attention. The wash of the tides made the lights grow brighter with each wave, before they dimmed while the waters pulled back. This pulse of ocean life was what mesmerized the Star, coral colored eyes watching endlessly, peacefully.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Counsellor
01-13-2024, 06:54 AM
Sereia was tasked with finding her leaders' daughter before the night officially set in. The girl followed her scent to the coast, her golden eyes finding the silvery child sitting on the beach. Her lips parted to call for the girl, but the words caught in her throat when the bright color of the waves suddenly appeared. "Gods." She whispered, mesmerized by the bright blue of the water. Reia had never seen it before, not even when she visited the sea near her former home.

"Calypso." Sereia called, a smile present upon her lips. Her tail waved behind her as she came to sit beside the young girl. "Your mamá is looking for you. She sent me to find you." She spoke softly, not wanting to break the beauty of the night. The soft rumbling of the waves calmed her nervousness, and Reia leaned down to look at the girl.

"Is something the matter?"

Reia didn't remember her life at Calypso's age, but she could only wonder what was going through her head. Perhaps the urge to explore was too strong to ignore. Or she was not tired quite yet and was not ready to go to bed. Sereia was not sure, but she'd try her best to help her newfound family member.

the staff team luvs u

— 3 · 3 · 3 —
"common" ☁︎ "spanish"
01-27-2024, 07:16 PM
Her concentration broke when the older, honey-cream girl called out to her. A gray ear flickered back, catching her words that followed before Calypso turned her head to see her. Hola, Rei-Rei. I heard her, but... the ocean called to me.” Her song was so lovely, so beautiful. Young Cali could not yet resist that call; she would learn, in time, but for the time being, the young Star would listen to the Lady's call and abide by it.

Her head would tilt at the question before she shook it, miming 'no'. “It's just so pretty. I couldn't...” Her eyes searched the water, searched for the answer within the glittering, glowing waves. “I can't... Uhm. Why?” She asked, flustering herself by not knowing how to phrase the question she was trying to ask. “Why does it look like that?”

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top