Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
not all light is good ;

Midnight Snow
P
Adventurer
Paladin
01-08-2024, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 10:40 PM by Lucian.)
@Ellaria so sorry for taking this long ! i struggle with starters :c

Another sleepless night plagued by nightmares. This time, he felt them on him, their breath on his cheek—the sharp pain of teeth piercing his skin. Lucian was amazed he had come to this land unmarked when his past body was marred with scars he had learned to hide. Luc was forced to grow up before his time, and his body was a show of that—a body built with lean muscle that told stories of countless days of sparring.

The man was returning to the forest through a newly formed path, his paws creating a trail via his nightly walks. His activities blanketed the land in his distinctive earthy scent, a warning for those who decided to trespass on his land. And just his luck, an unfamiliar scent reached his nose.

"Tko ide tamo?" He barked, eyes narrowed as his muzzle wrinkled with a snarl. Luc was not in the mood to play nice, not tonight. Not when his head was throbbing with the loud screaming. No, the man was prepared for a fight.

skill: outrider

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 73478729_dQq9qPOyL9M9VrU.png]
"common" · "croatian" · "french" · 3-3-3
02-02-2024, 08:20 AM
How interesting this new world proved itself to be. It was a day-in, day-out sort of affair of discovering new things- and to her, it was certainly a breath of fresh air she inhaled readily into the lungs. Being trapped for far too long proved she was more than ready to spread her wings, and it was enough to ease the ache in her bones. Buffy travelled upon waking, legs carrying her far, far away as if she was running from something. But had she not already? Whoever her pursuer or keeper was before would never find her again.

Buffy trod carefully in her solitude, nose twitching at the scent of another wolf. But since they were not in her sights, they were not in her concerns, either.

There were only thoughts she kept as company now. No one else trekked with her side by side, behind, or even ahead through this new landscape. Being in company with one's self for so long proved enough time to know her own core. Snow crunching beneath her foot seemed to resonate within it, the gesture long-withstanding through the times. Buffy enjoyed the cool breeze on the cheek and nipping cold between the toes. Not many did, but she was an exception.

A loud snarl proved to ruin her day- and the large wolf paused, turning simply like she'd heard a nuisance and not a potential threat. A silvery male stood before her, fury evident in the silver (or were they blue?) of his eyes. And yet Buffy remained unruffled, staring him down long and hard. This must have been the other wolf she was smelling earlier...

"Be careful, lest your words cause an avalanche." Buffy replied demurely, smiling slightly. "Let's start over like civil folk, shall we? I'm Buffy, and you are...?"

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Paladin
02-14-2024, 07:09 AM

Something about the blonde annoyed him. Perhaps it was her flippant behavior. Or the way she waltzed about within his boundaries without a care in the world. Lucian knew better than to expect these strangers to have proper manners, but that didn't stop him from judging the blonde. A storm swirled within his pale gaze, his anger fighting against the child who wanted to offer kindness to the stranger. Lucian had stopped trusting strangers long ago. During a time, trust was a luxury he couldn't afford to give to just anyone.

"And what is it that you want, Miss... Buffy." Lucian sighed, pale gaze taking in the woman's appearance. She didn't seem to be a scoundrel but instead well-groomed. Dunja might like her. The blonde seemed like she'd been of higher society. She held herself like someone of noble birth, someone worthy of respect. But he questioned her intentions. No woman ever spoke so demurely unless she wanted something. Not even she did.

"I am Lucian. These are my lands." His reply to her question was sharp, colder than the area he called home. He was the ice prince, and he will live up to the title. "Now I ask again. What brings you to my home?" Lucian did not care if his words were considered rude. He had carved a home for himself, a kingdom. And he will not allow outsiders to meander as if they owned the place. It went against everything he was taught. Lucian schooled his expression into one of cool indifference. His ears flickered at the soft hush of the winds over the mountainside. It was quiet, too quiet. But for the Kralj, silence was welcomed.

skill; outrider & warrior

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 73478729_dQq9qPOyL9M9VrU.png]
"common" · "croatian" · "french" · 3-3-3
02-14-2024, 07:26 AM
It was lucky for the both of them that Lucian had kept his thoughts of her 'lack of manners' to himself, lest Buffy had brought blizzard and hailstorm down upon him with her tongue alone. As it were, she simply smiled demurely at his strained manner of speaking, lashes fluttering as if she was utterly oblivious to his ire. He seemed like a bit of a stick in the mud, but first impressions weren't everything. The more territorial wolves were, the less friendly they were. Buffy would know- she was well-travelled, from what she could remember.

Though she blinked at his question. What did she want? It was a bit hilarious in a twisted sense- he seemed very put upon for a male who had stopped her! Buffy cleared her throat to stop herself from laughing and rolled her shoulders, setting her chin just so. Her eyes sparked, though, and it was either in warning or patience. Only the heavens knew.

For a bit, she did not answer, contemplating a possible response. And in the meanwhile, she was given a name to refer to this silver man as. Lucien- it fit a cold and refined demeanor such as his. She matched his proper words with her own, feeling this was no time to get into any petty scraps or arguments. The sharp blade of her silver tongue would be quelled, and she would instead reply graciously to him.

"I simply seek passage." Buffy uttered, dipping her head in acknowledgment to him as the master of these lands, "My feet ache, and I was looking for a place to stay. Really, despite how it may seem, I have no interest in causing any trouble."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top