Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

An expecting mother

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
01-02-2024, 03:29 AM
Oydis was resting high up in a tree with a full belly of food from a recent hunt. But that wasn't the only reason her belly was distended. The young fossa was carrying her first litter of pups and was due to give birth soon, but not just yet. Oydis was completely aware she had trespassed on the territory of wolves. She never really liked wolves. Most of them centered their lives around their pack. Well, those who were in packs. Fossas usually lived alone so she didn't function in a group. She had more important things to worry about. She glanced every now and then to the ground from her place high above in the tree. It was a good thing wolves couldn't climb, giving her one less thing to worry about. She wouldn't tolerate any threat to her unborn pups. For now the expecting mother rested, planning to move on a little later on once she was fully rested.
the staff team luvs u
"The trees are my salvation."   
Hunter
01-02-2024, 03:37 AM
The scent was unwelcomed.

It lingered and the longer it stayed the more Wake was disgruntled. Unwelcomed creatures were a disruption to her home, to her family. Today she became a hunter for it. She had followed the scent through the thickets of the island. She had found where it had wound its way up a tree.

It had gone up, damned thing.

A good hunter knew it could not stay there forever. She wondered if this would be like another fox situation. Yet that beast had come and gone, long long ago. Unfortunately her kindness had not grown much further since then. Her stomach was not empty, but it was better to not hunt on an empty one anyway.

“How long will you sit up there?” She cooed her words, a false sense of security was important if it could bargain like the fox did.

Maybe, like the fox, she wouldn't eat this one too.

Maybe, like the fox, it would be better if she did.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Nopeita-Wake.png]
01-02-2024, 03:56 AM
Oydis' rest was interrupted by a voice from below. She looked down and saw it was something she hoped not to run into, but at the same time knew it was inevitable to meet. A wolf. The question was irrelevant, but Oydis decided to answer anyway. Her tone was uncaring and a bit harsh. "As long as I please. An expecting mother needs her rest. After all with my size I am no threat to you wolves so give me my peace." She knew this was not her territory, but she roamed from place to place as she pleased. She was a loner with no set territory of her own. Travelling was the norm, but she knew she would have to pick a territory to stay in for a short while when she gave birth. She would also have to move her pups from place to place so she wouldn't attract other predators, like the wolf she was speaking to. She would have to start looking for a den soon. Now her attention was on the wolf who posed no threat at the moment seeing it could not climb. After all, she could just jump to another nearby tree if she wanted to. The trees were abundant here and close together.
the staff team luvs u
Hunter
01-02-2024, 04:29 AM
Expecting mother — so it spoke and it spoke words she dreaded.

Her stomach only curdled further. Perhaps size was not a threat, but number very well could become one. What of her own children? Who grew braver and bolder every day, who might wander into this beast themselves...

“And do you think that we will so freely let you create more of you on our land?” She stared, hard and sharp. “I have all day to sit here and wait you out, if that is what it takes.” A hunter needed patience. Perhaps negotiating with prey (or predator?) was not such a keen hunting tactic, but she had tracked the scent here.

Wake planned to see just how long it took a creature to come down from there. Especially pregnant, it surely had needs to fill before long, no?

She had not experienced pregnancy, only motherhood.

the staff team luvs u
01-02-2024, 04:47 AM
Oydis was irritated that her rest was ruined by this beast of a canine. She would have to stay away from the territory of wolves for the moment. Though, it was a shame that such a big creature was threatened by a creature of her size. She decided not to stay here under the gaze of this female brute. She quickly climbed down on the opposite side of the tree and sprinted off to the border from where she came. She has had her fill of wolves and their pack structure. In order to keep her pups safe she would have to keep away from these wolves. They were nothing but trouble, especially for a lone fossa like her.

-Exit
the staff team luvs u
Hunter
01-02-2024, 04:51 AM
closing!

The creature caved quickly.

Down it came and Wake was prepared to give chase. Her lean limbs meant for this kind of thing, the weaving and bobbing between the trees she had claimed. This was her land and she ran it with a prowess beyond most.

Yet the little thing was odd. Long and lean, a tail that was seemingly longer than its body. Somehow it weaseled away. Truthfully, she was willing to settle for it to be beyond their borders. Even if her hunt in it had not been successful in full.

A win was a win.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top