Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
A Healer, Please

Sunrise Partly Cloudy
P
12-22-2023, 02:40 AM
Sweet sun tapered through cotton clouds, making it the perfect day for one tyke to explore her new home. A dark nose shivered curiously in inhale at the newest scents around her, enchanted by such stimulation. There were not many pups around, leaving her to pester the adults to her heart's content. And there were a lot of ankles to nibble and tails to tug and ears to chew. Chaos in camp was virtually perpetual when it came to young Talulah. The only reprieve was blessed when she slept- and luckily, her age meant she slept quite a bit.
The schedule went as this: Tallulah rose in the afternoon, ate whatever it was her ward gifted her, and ran about until the stars emblazoned the sky, Often, when she became sleepier during the evening and napped in intervals, moving when Gjalla moved accordingly. (She was a leech, albeit, she was a cute one.) Then, she'd be tucked in for the night and would sleep like the dead. And the schedule repeated to the woe of some.

There was a disruption today. While normally, Tallulah was a maelstrom of movement, she had now slowed down quite a bit. Her small paw was tucked close to her chest and her eyes were pricked with shameful, shameful tears. Who knew trying to chase a butterfly through a bush would result in something like this? It wasn't all too bad, luckily. It was medium-sized and had not burrowed all the way inside of her, but it was still enough of a bother for Tallulah decide to seek out some assistance.

The limping tyke was quiet as she moved along the underbrush, though soon started to charge forward- albeit, clumsier than usual.

"Hey, hey!" She called out, barking to an ebony-cloaked dame. "You're a medic, aren't ya? Look!" Tallulah shoved her paw out, "Can't ya fix me?"

@Tove

the staff team luvs u
Medic
12-24-2023, 05:21 AM
Children were loud. Annoying, needy and disruptive. The one that Gjalla had brought home was no exception. It seemed to bring forth chaos wherever it went and Tove found she was thankful it seemed tethered to the Princess, whom she already already avoided.

As she observed from afar, Tove couldn't help but wonder if the pup would be brought up snotty or entitled or would Gjalla instill better traits into the youngling? Motherhood was an unfamiliar topic to her but despite Tallulah's irritating presence, it was a lifestyle she found herself secretly coveting. Until now, Tove hadn’t put too much thought into it. Being a mother? Raising children, teaching and guiding them? None of it. However, there was something that made her envious, left her wanting. Talk about baby fever.

Then came the stumbling little demon, barking like she was absolutely mad. What now? Immediately, Tove’s expression soured and her eyes narrowed as she quickly surveyed the area. Of course, Gjalla was conveniently absent. Great. Resisting the urge to roll her eyes, she let the girl make it all the way to her, raising her eyebrows as she waited.

Tallulah did not disappoint.

Tove held back a laugh, her lip twitching as she fought the urge to smile at the spectacle.
"I’m not sure what she’s teaching you, but that’s not how we get what we want,” she began with a snap of her jaws, her tone softer than it would have normally been despite the glower directed at the child. Even as she spoke, the Kallista leaned down to inspect the paw that was so rudely shoved at her, tutting in disapproval. She quickly noticed the thorn, raising an eyebrow. Had the child been playing in a thorn bush? At least there was only one. This medic has a name, too. I’m Tove, and if you ask nicely, I will help you.”

the staff team luvs u
12-24-2023, 05:37 AM
The dark dame's stricter mannerisms did little to deter the turret of motion that was the puppy, who whined and shook her tail about in impatience in signal that she wanted to be cared for, and wanted to be cared for right now, please! She'd stomp her feet, but even to her this seemed like a bad idea; cool air seemed raw and harsh against the pulsing site, and she whined again in the exaggeration of a young thing unused to much pain.

"She? She who? My new mom?" Tallulah huffed in clear impatience. After all, what did Gjalla have to do with such a topic? Why did teaching matter- if teaching did, then Tallulah doubted Gjalla would have taught her how to get her thorn stuck in a paw. Just in case the medic had forgotten Tallulah's current plight, she took her small paw and pushed it against the cold snout that had stooped down to investigate. It was of surprise to no one when she whined again in both insistence and pain. Snapping jaws and a scolding tone had not deterred her before from being an utter annoyance.

If Tove did not manage to dodge, then Tallulah would rest her head on her insistently as well, huffy and pouty and teary.

Tove was her name, and she drove a hard bargain. "But I did!" Tallulah yapped out. "I asked nicely! I asked 'could you' so it didn't seem like I was being bossy... What do I gotta do now?" Her whirlwind motion picked up when she rose up on her hind legs, lolling her paws out in front of her placatingly. It would be cute from a well-behaved puppy, but a well-behaved puppy Tallulah was not...

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top