Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Slip away like moonlight

12-07-2023, 01:12 AM
Nestled deep within Furud was a natural spring overflowing with bubbling water, it's noise echoing on the silent wind as the sun threatened to dip behind the mountain with a hushing aura. The world had already been quieted, it's inhabitants getting ready for slumber. But Aphelios and Bez chose to continue their journey. Steaming water  being the first to catch the cobalt-colored boy's attention, second being the small space where it flowed from—far too tiny for both of them to fit comfortably.

He turned to Beztebya with pursed brows, a silent question if this is truly where they wanted to stop. He had explained to the man how talking caused him agonizing pain and shockily it was happily excepted with no further question, just words of sympathy. Aphelios was thankful for his kindness, knowing there was no pressure to talk between the outstretches of silence.

However, They both were in desperate need of a washing; The fungus of the cavern having found home in their fur and stunk awful enough for the boy to constantly have his nose crinkled.

the staff team luvs u
12-07-2023, 02:13 AM
A light smile had pestered its way onto the male’s features, and while they walked in comfortable silence the two seemed to relax visibly. Aphelios, while a silent companion, was not all that bad in Beztebya’s mind. Listening to that voice rusted with disuse had churned something in his gut. Aphelios was a good storyteller, and Bez quite enjoyed the lilt of his little accent.

Ears stayed on a swivel as they walked, breeze tussling their pelts softly with the sunset above head. The small shift in Aph’s body language grabbed his attention, and those mossy eyes snapped onto the smaller male attentively. Did they want to stay? The quirked brow on the other’s face caused that smile to tug further, before Beztebya said aloud,

“ If I watch you cringe at my stench one more time i may just leap into the nearest river myself. Lets see if we can't find somewhere to scrub this stench off” The older male's voice was kept low, as they stood just feet apart.

the staff team luvs u
12-07-2023, 02:40 AM
Bez's words only furthered the crease on the boy's face. "Don't make me drown you." he mouthed unaudably, hoping the man could read his lips.

He stepped towards the water, peering in with a questionable look before gently dipping his paw in, seething at the heat. It was indeed hot, almost on the edge of pain but he kinda liked that. It would be more than suitable enough for a washing. But again, there was only room for one. 

Turning to Beztebya, he approached with a circling motion before shoving his shoulder into the man's hauches in an attempt to steer the wall of muscle to the water. He might as well go first being the one in most need.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
12-07-2023, 10:47 PM
“Oh i reek that bad huh,”  Smirking devilishly, the oaken male stepped down, off the bank and quickly sunk into the sweltering heat. Easily, tenderly so as not to irritate the surface of the hot spring. Though only one would comfortably fit, there was space still for the two to sit - yet maybe not wash themselves.

Scrubbing thoroughly with broad paws, Beztebya felt his shoulders release tension he hadnt even known he was holding, and while he relished in the feel of his skin damn near boiling, he felt improper hogging the hot water.

Climbing out of the spring was not as easy as dipping in. The thick fur along Bez’s scruff weighed him down, curly strands hanging limp along chiseled features.

“We should find someplace to set up a camp, or…maybe if you’d prefer to wander until we find others…” Bez trailed off as he shook his coat out, voice dipping dangerously low into flirtatious territory, “or, i can keep you to myself of course. Im not a big fan of sharing anyways. As much as im sure youre dying to be rid of me. It may benefit us to find others and figure out whats goin on ‘round here.” Peeking emerald eyes open as he finished drying his topcoat, Beztebya watched the dove-hued figure slip into the waters quietly, though he didn't miss the way his face scrunched up as he soothed his haunches down into the spring.

Ears pinned with humor, Bez sat back on damp underbelly as the other cleaned. The breeze was still rather faint, though welcome nonetheless.

the staff team luvs u
12-14-2023, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2023, 12:04 AM by Aphelioss.)
He chose to ignore the taunt, his eyes instead glued to the male’s soaking form rising up for the spring. Every curve, every dip, every hard muscle so starkly defined under the weight of water, and as droplets fell the slated boy seemed to become most interested in the ones traveling down Bez’s throat at a snail’s pace. Aphelios wondered if he, too, would ever grow to be a rivaling size to his companion— At least that’s what he chalked the fluttering feeling in his stomach up to.

But Bez opened his mouth and that voice—that goddamn voice. It’s vibrato coursing within the stale air and bouncing off the drumming in his fastly beating chest. It had a hold on him, as much as he hated to admit, let alone the words that followed.

Aphelios turned before a blushing expression could give away his feelings. He slipped soundlessly into the water, his body becoming unraveled by the warmth encircling him. A sigh slipped past his lips, his head cocking to the side as he became pliant under the spell. He wasn’t sure how long he had sat before being reminded that he was here to clean, and vigorously did he do so in an attempt to not leaving his companion waiting.

But there was a part of him he couldn’t reach, and while normally he’d ask his sister for help, she was not here to do so.

Turning to Beztebya, the boy waited to gain his attention before popping the question with silent lips. “Would you get my back? I can’t reach.

the staff team luvs u
12-17-2023, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2023, 03:26 AM by Beztebya. Edited 1 time in total.)
Eyebrow quirked in obvious jest, Beztebya stepped forward as Aphelios made his humble request. "Oh, NOW im your personal back scratcher i get it, of course i can help you-" Oaken paws stepped carefully back towards the slippery bank, where he lowered himself in aside the smaller figure. "-Of COURSE ill scrub your back" The sarcasm dripping from his lips was painfully apparent, though he expected a sour response to come sooner or later from the other.

Pawing at the other's muddied back was easy, but rinsing his paws was not. The space was not large enough to swivel, and so bez was quick with the work he had been requested of.

"There, cleaned off. You stink no longer!" A crooked smile on Bez's face as he heavily rose from the spring again, moving to shake out his sodden pelt.

The sun was at a comfortable height, and though it seemed tame enough, the heat would soon dry out his thick pelt.

A yawn split his jaws as the other made his way from the pool to dry off, and he made quick work of sitting himself down on the soft grass. Fatigue hung on him like a cloud while he lay patiently, quietly there. He was in no rush to be anywhere but here.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top