Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam

Evening Snow
AW
Adventurer
Caelistis
Formation
12-28-2023, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2024, 07:00 PM by Lina. Edited 1 time in total.)

The howling in her ears woke her from her dreams, but the nonexistent horizon solidified the notion that she was not in the Fontaine territory. The peaks rose above her like giants forming walls around the vale. Celine felt small here, like an ant in a larger world. Father was not around, nor was her guard.

"Quel est cet endroit?" Celine murmured as she allowed her verdant gaze to trail over the untouched landscape. The woman felt out of place here, her golden furs a beacon in the land of white, calling for whoever and whatever was roaming the slopes. Celine knew she was exposed to whatever dangers lurked in the mountains, but she frankly did not care. If she was meant to be eaten by a bear, then so be it.

Finally standing on shaky limbs, Celine began to walk towards the treeline, her growling stomach driving her to find an easy meal. She was tired, her paws ached, her head throbbed. She didn't want to struggle this evening. Lina just wanted to eat and find shelter so she could search for life in the morning. That was all she wanted today. Simple, right?

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 74420847_avnwEvV5Yfb16Wk.png]
"common" · "french" · 3-3-3
Paladin
12-31-2023, 03:05 AM
Dunja did not hold the authority that Lucian did, but she surely walked like she did. A pointed look across the lands where she spotted something warm toned moving. The snow and stones did not hold such color here.

At once her features wrinkled and she set out upon it.

This scent had not been here before. It did not belong. Caelistis was still in its early stages and she would be damned if a stranger thought they could simply waltz in. The Kralj would forgive if she showed a bit of aggression in the face of a stranger, no?

Upadač, Her features were a sharp look of disgust more than anything else. Her body wedged between the woman and her path. “Why do you walk claimed land?”

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Formation
Paladin
02-17-2024, 07:07 PM

Celine kept a slower pace as she continued on her path. Her pain grew with each step, almost as if refusing to allow her to rest. It was torturing her, playing with her.

And suddenly, she heard a harsh bark behind her. The woman sighed. This was not something she needed to deal with right now. Celine turned with a low growl, her verdant eyes glaring at whoever disturbed her.

"Intruder? How harsh!" Celine huffed, her narrowed eyes focused on the pale woman. She hoped her understanding of the language surprised the woman. Her tail lashed in irritation, her throbbing head driving her actions. Why was she being bothered now of all times? Couldn't these strangers wait until morning?

"I regret to tell you, but the scents are weak. I was not aware these were claimed lands." She sighed, though she kept her distance from the stranger. "You should mark your lands more if you wish to avoid this issue with another." Lina suggested as she lowered her head to sniff at a stale marker.

"However, I do believe it is time I introduce myself, don't you agree? I am Celine, Celine Fontaine. You are?" She gave the woman a bright smile. Celine had only recently learned of her father and the power he once held. And how he had sent her mother away when she revealed she was carrying his children. Celine had learned that Étienne Fontaine was a bastard of a man. And she had siblings, brothers.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 74420847_avnwEvV5Yfb16Wk.png]
"common" · "french" · 3-3-3
scroll to top