Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
The potential of a loyal wolf

Morning Sunny/Clear
P
11-13-2023, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2023, 07:32 PM by Dark. Edited 4 times in total.)
The sky was clear while the occasional breeze blew in the territory. It was also a bit chilly too. This did not bother Dark at all, in fact it reminded her of the harsh, sacred, freezing land she was born in. She did not even notice how cold it was, for it was quite comfortable. She was born to be in places like this. Just a short moment ago Dark caught an injured female caribou that was struggling on the ground just outside the borders of a pack's territory. She had been at the borders of this pack's territory once before, and now she was back to try and gain acceptance into it. She had not caught the caribou to eat. No, she had caught it to be proof of her hunting skills and to give to the pack as food, an offering. She didn't dare cross the borders. Dark let out a loud howl to the sky to alert the pack she was here. She hoped the leaders would come first, as she needed their approval to join. The freshly killed caribou was in front of her paws on full display. Dark would now wait for her call to be answered. She was set on making a new life for herself in this pack. She was a large wolf after all and would prove herself useful to the pack whose borders she stood near.

@Adonis

@Khione
the staff team luvs u
"The dark is not a bad thing."
Paladin
11-18-2023, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2023, 03:25 AM by Adonis Crownore. Edited 1 time in total.)
Adonis had not been long for for the morning, exhaustion still bitten around the edges of his harshly cut features and sapphire eyes of bitter disdain. He loathed the early sun, the crisp morning air, the unpleasant noises of birds chatting and singing their songs. It was evident with the hefty swagger he walked with, tossing about his weight with a silent agitation. 

And then, the interruption at his border had only made him more irritable, moving with a languid speed towards the source of the call. 

It was there he found the form of a dark wolfess, brutish in size, standing before the carcass of a downed caribou. Immediately, the wolf was intrigued -- and yet also pissed off, visible in the way his hackles raised and the fur along the back of his neck bristled with a hasty venom. 

His voice was booming, threatening. “What is this display meant to be?” He spat, eyes dragging along the form of the tall woman. “Your name. Quickly.” A demand, one to be met. 

warden

the staff team luvs u
11-18-2023, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 05:31 PM by Dark. Edited 1 time in total.)
Dark may have been a proud and honorable wolf, but she knew better. She quickly showed this male respect by flattening her ears and tucking her tail between her legs. It was obvious that this male was of high rank with the way he carried himself. If she was going to ask for acceptance into the pack, she knew she had better show the proper respect to a wolf who was well established in the hierarchy. She was still just a loner after all. As soon as the male demanded answers from her, Dark quickly gave them to him. She spoke as requested, with complete respect towards this male who seemed as dark in color as she was. "My name is Dark Winterstorm, a lone wolf that belongs to no pack currently. I brought down this injured female caribou myself and brought it to your borders because I am interested in joining your pack. It was already down and put up a bit of a fight. I hope this caribou shows that I am of use and that I could be a valuable asset. I am greatly skilled in hunting prey. This caribou is yours whether you accept me or not."
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
11-22-2023, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 12:41 PM by Adonis Crownore. Edited 2 times in total.)
Whilst he waited on a reply from the woman, Adonis' sapphire eyes raked judgementally over her form. Stalwart, strong. She was a capable beast by the looks of it, but such a thing had yet to be proven -- to his eyes. Hm. His head tilted upwards whenever the woman spoke her name, eyes cutting into cruel gems; she was named for the same wintry frost that he was. 

“Come.” Adonis spoke suddenly, beckoning with his tail for her to follow. His eyes slid downwards to the Caribou and then their surroundings, making quick note of it's location. He would send someone to snatch it, @Yvaine and @Ragweed came to mind. 

“You have went through the trouble, so I will at least entertain you. You may stay with Winterhelm, but it is unknown yet if you will be allowed permanent residence amongst us. We are a hardy bunch, not tolerant of the weak. My people will decide if you will be one of us.”

The titan began his slow, ceremonious stroll into the heart of his domain, careful to keep a close eye on the stocky woman who crested his side. She was dark of fur, similar to he, a rare color to be seen walking the paths of Northfall. Few wore it.

the staff team luvs u
11-23-2023, 03:18 AM
Dark wasted no time in following the dark male once he invited her into his territory. She was elated to have been accepted into this place she now knew was called Winterhelm. But getting accepted was just the first part. Now she had to prove her worth to the others in Winterhelm to make her stay permanent. Dark was not worried nor was she fazed. Dark was not a weak wolf. No, she was a strong and efficient huntress, a huntress who was used to pulling her weight. She lived and breathed hunting, and Dark was eager to show the others what she was made of. The male she followed said his wolves were not fond of the weak. Well, he, along with the other wolves would see just how capable she was. The cold never bothered her. In fact she loved the cold. Dark didn't like the weak either for it left a bad taste in her mouth. Dark wondered what the others were like in personality. To Dark, strength was a necessity.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top