Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Into the unknown,

Afternoon
P
Ecologist
09-08-2022, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2022, 01:56 AM by Ari. Edited 1 time in total.)
Aries felt the wind chance, she could hear it whisper and knew it was the destined time, that perhaps @Gala too, would be found at their promised place. To the Alpine Moors she travelled, but not without something being held — for they made a promise, to return with a flower to introduce each other. And she, would bring what was mentioned before.. A tundra rose!

There was a few flowers found in the snow-land, and this was one. Within oranges, yellows and pinks.. Aries chose the yellow, the one that looked like the gold of Gala's pelt itself. She was careful to gather it, cutting at the bottom of the stem to get the most, where she could hold the flower with ease and return to the moors. Although it was a question.. Whether she would show up, and if fate would permit that.

She hoped so.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
09-08-2022, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2022, 03:01 AM by Galatea.)
Carrying her tail high, Galatea bounded towards her and Aries' agreed upon location. In her mouth, she carried a few trumpet-shaped flowers with deep blue petals. When gathering them, she tried her best to make sure they were kept in only the best condition.

Catching sight of the tundra wolf, she skipped over to her with a spring in her step. "Hello again! It's great to see you!" she greeted, her words slightly slurred from holding flowers in her mouth. In an empty patch of grass, she gently set them down. "I haven't found any roses yet, but I did come across these." She gestured to them with a smile. "They're called gentians."

Looking up at the yellow flower Aries held, her eyes lit up. "Oh! Is that the tundra rose you mentioned last time?" she asked. 

the staff team luvs u
[Image: GALA.png?width=1025&height=218]
Ecologist
09-09-2022, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 01:40 AM by Ari. Edited 1 time in total.)
She was beaming in a smile to see the familiar golden wolf, her tail in the background lightly swaying to show of this demeanor, and she nodded to the other. Aries gently bent to set her own flower down, right beside where Gala laid her own. Together was a blue and yellow, a pretty little pair, that were quite different to the alpine flowers that laid about. Flacked with purple ; the two stood out.

"These are. They are quite pretty, but I couldn't say why they are called a rose.." Her head cocked lightly in the thought of a humming, "but your flower is quite pretty. That color of blue is so deep," she said as her golden gaze bent down to look at what Gala named  gentians. Although Aries had some knowledge of flowers, she doesn't think she heard of seen these.. Surely a species that wasn't found so common near the tundra, but maybe the mountains itself.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
09-12-2022, 12:58 AM
Set down next to eachother, the blue and yellow flowers complimented themselves well within the purple fields. She stared closely at the tundra rose, taking in the shape of the open petals. The striking yellow color brought to mind Aries' eyes. She thought it was a very fitting choice for the lady. The doll found herself wondering what other sorts of pretty flowers existed within the colder regions.

"I know, right?" Gala replied with a grin. She cocked her head to the side as she contemplated something. "If I recall correctly, some species of gentian come in white and yellow as well."

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
09-12-2022, 01:44 AM
"My, really? Where did you find one?" She couldn't expect Gala to run back and forth with the showing of but different hue's, and part of Aries selfishly wished to see the orchid of flowers as well, within the wilds of this world. She knew surely, it had to be somewhere from the mountains and could only pray lightly it wasn't too heavy within the heat ; but fall was upon them, the air was colder and maybe less bearable. Perhaps there could be a day she could request but a minor adventure elsewhere, only to return safely the week following. There was a lull of curiosity.

"I have seen the Tundra Rose occasionally white, but nothing more. I'd be amazing to see if it was blue like yours." Something was fascinating about a flower that could be yellow, to be blue or another highlighted color. She couldn't help wonder what caused this.. What Gods would answer that question? All there was, was left to ponder.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
09-13-2022, 04:34 AM
"I had found them within the mountains. You can usually find them around the more steeper places." Gala explained. "They were gathered in a place down south near this very pretty lake. If only you could've seen it."

Oh, how she wished to be able to show Aries around the mountains someday. She was sure there were some places there that she'd enjoy. Maybe she'd like that forest of eternal autumn that she'd seen once.

She hummed in agreement at Aries's musings. The doll thought it was amazing that flowers could naturally come in such dazzling colors. As if they wanted to be noticed.

Though, it did make sense for it to be that way. Most plants made themselves look appealing to animals in order to encourage them to spread their pollen and seeds, so that more plants would grow. Nature was very fascinating to her in that way.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
09-28-2022, 09:00 PM
"I should request one of these days from my Chief and Priestess if they would allow an adventure.. I would love to see it one day." For a moment she closed her eyes just to imagine so ; a land vast with flora and trees alike, a ripe summer just as the moors before them.. Where the waters were untouched by ice and blue beyond what the eye could see — she desired to take advantage of the time, but for the meanwhile, she could not. At least until the Court was done, for she never knew when her paw could be played in.

"Do you have a den? I'd love for you to keep this, but wouldn't wish to burden if you do not." She would hope to see more flowers within the future, but for the meanwhile pressed onto the tundra rose and presented it to Gala. She had more within her den, a bundle of so back at the vale — but did the golden counterpart hold one? She was a loner after all, and Aries hoped this wasn't but a pushy gift..

Her eyes would sweep against the two flowers, that starked against the alpine ; a flora aroma entranced her nose as is wiggled lightly by the smells, and felt a serendipity taking over. She would surely pluck one or two to remember this moment, of being introduced to new ones.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
09-29-2022, 03:51 AM
Gala nodded gleefully. "Well, If they do, I'd be happy to show you all the places I can!"

Maybe, she could take Aries to the beach as well someday. The waves were always so beautiful and they could find many seashells there. But, would it be too hot for Aries? She was a tundra wolf after all. Hopefully, she wasn't afraid of water, like she once was.

The doll felt a warmth bloom in her heart as she gladly accepted the yellow flower. "Yes, I do. Thank you so much." Even though she was a loner and often roamed around, she had made herself a den in unclaimed territory. A simple place that helped to keep her out of the elements and store extra food. So, it was nice to have things to make her den feel more like a home. To truly make it hers.

She gently pushed the gentians over to Aries with a smile. "You can have them, If you'd like."

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
09-29-2022, 04:25 AM
"There is so much I wish to see.. I was born in a vast land of snow and ice, where warmer regions were simply too far to even know. It is strange, being so close to both the north and the south." Aries found it fascinating and strange, and wondered due to the closeness in proximity, is why these moors were able to flourish within the tundra. She had seen other flowers, of course as well, and much grew that she would think otherwise. Though at the same time, different species talking together was also against the natural order, she so thought. Everything about.. This land, was something magical.

"I would love to. I hope we can continue this as well." Aries said with a bright smile, as she was already awaiting for their next meeting. Although came to wonder — what would she bring next? Maybe.. Maybe to bring a shocker with some Cotton Grass.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
10-12-2022, 05:35 PM
Gala found that she related to Aries in a way. In her past life, she never got to see many things outside her hometown, and had yearned to see the places she had seen depicted in paintings and photographs. Traveling around this place had felt like a living dream to her at times. Maybe at an earlier point in her life, she wouldn't have thought that such natural wonders were possible.

Gala nodded eagerly. "I hope so too." The girl was already getting excited at the prospect of having another meeting like this. She wondered what would be another good flower to bring. Would she appreciate the simple but charming daisies? They had always been her favorite.

the staff team luvs u
10-20-2022, 05:38 PM
"I'm afraid next month i'll be pre-occupied. Perhaps from two moons from now, we could meet again?" Aries valued this time, but she knew she would not be able to go too far within the next month of the harvest moon. Time would be pre-occupied with the court, and she desired to stay close to the Vale as any support to Olive and Tiberius. Whether as a messenger or someone to help through the borders — they may not need it, but Aries wanted to dive into such tasks.

But she was selfish and greatly desired more of Gala's time too.

the staff team luvs u
10-21-2022, 06:48 PM
Gala nodded. "Of course. That sounds fine." She was a bit sad that she'd have to wait that long to meet Aries again. Though, she wouldn't outright say that, since she knew the lady probably had her own responsibilities to take care of. It must be nice to have your own purpose, she thought.

They'd be able to see each other again, right? A lot could happen in the span of two months. She decided not to dwell on it too much.

The doll stretched her legs, making a small noise in her throat. "It was great getting to talk with you once more."

the staff team luvs u
10-21-2022, 09:16 PM
"Have a safe travel, we will meet again." Aries said with a smile as she gathered the flowers Gala so delightfully said she could keep. There was a saddened look to her, as she too was a bit downhearted to depart and have to take more time away from such a wonderful moment. However it also gave a chance to double think of what she should bring, and there was a few ideas.. Although the first plant was still in the air.

And so, she bid Gala farewell.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top