Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
That’s what I do, yeah

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
AW
Adventurer
08-20-2022, 07:20 AM
Keeping the girlie out of the board-wide rot plot cos i dont want her dying <3

Making her way out of the Mesa was an easy task, one that she was glad for due to the lack of water in the desert-like area. Having come upon a small lake, Aika had her crown dipped towards the water’s surface, lapping up as much water as possible. Afterall, she was quite thirsty.

A few moments later, the lady was back up and walking, mountains standing tall in the distance as she made her way towards the forest. Perhaps she’d meet new Fujiwara’s! That’d be nice, since the princess had already reunited with Taro and Izumi, so.. maybe she had some cousins here — or… something?

Trotting across the forest floor, Aika swayed her hips and tail and she walked, head bopping to a tune she hummed as she went along. It was a nice day, after all, so there was no reason not to be cheerful and preppy! A small smile tugged at her features as she walked.

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
Entertainer
08-21-2022, 11:01 PM
The dark-furred male was never one to sit down for very long. His legs were always itching to move somewhere, to see something different, to talk to someone new. Even if it seemed wolves didn't always enjoy his company, he wasn't about to let that stop him. He had left the desert far behind him, preferring the shade the forest often had to offer. Sun and black fur never did mix well, he found. But that simply meant there would be different faces to meet here, new voices with which to grace his presence.

And oh, did his ever watchful eye catch a rather lovely lady traversing the forest not too far from him.

Clinging to the shadows, Aloysius watched for a while as she simply went about her day. Seeming rather cheerful with her head bobbing about and a gentle hummed tune following her. A smile tugged at the corners of her maw, a quite beautiful display on an already lovely-looking lass. Deciding he had done enough stalking, the tall sire trotted forward a few paces before veering off his path so he would appear in front of her. He stopped directly in her path, a gentle smile playing on his features as he looked at the other.

"That's quite a lovely tune," he spoke, his voice low but clear. "I couldn't help but stop you and say how lovely it is."

the staff team luvs u
"And oh, my tongue is a weapon."

Icarus is a 3-3-3 rated character.
[Image: 56337817_dKss2wYVrbtU4CN.png]
Entertainer
08-22-2022, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2022, 10:04 AM by Aika. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just as she'd began to leave the lake, a figure popped out of the shadows, as if the darkness morphed into a wolf right before her. In shock, the lady jumped for a moment, taking a single step back before she heard his words; "That's quite a lovely tune," The man said, and Aika smiled gratefully, dipping her head. "I couldn't help but stop you and say how lovely it is." 

Ah, a nice man. The girl batted her lashes, before parting her maw to speak. “Thank you, stranger,” she said, tone slighgtly inclining for him to tell her his title. “It's one I've practiced.” And with that, she began humming again. A muffled symphony of high and low, trills and strains, a song similar to that of early morning birds. “It's called サンライズソング She informed the man. “Sunrise Song.”

And with that, she'd flick her tail, inviting the man to walk with her. If he hadn't already shared his name, she'd tell her own. “I'm Aika,” The lady smiled. “Aika Fujiwara.” A last name she was quite proud to bare. She wondered if this man had perhaps encountered the rest of her siblings, and Aika thought to ask later. Maybe I'll find Chiharu . . .

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
Entertainer
09-05-2022, 10:30 PM
The male's bright blue hues never left the female as she spoke, allowing her to share about the tune she was humming. He raised a brow slightly at the language she spoke but was glad for the translation. "Seems a fitting name for such a lighthearted song," he mused, stepping in next to her as she invited him for a walk. It was always nice when strangers offered kindness; even if he wasn't always the best wolf around, he could play the part well enough.

"It's lovely to meet you, Aika," he replied, his voice remaining low and cool. He looked down at her, a softness in his features not often found. "My name is Aloysius. No fancy surname for me, though." He offered a slight smile before lifting his gaze from her, instead looking at the scenery around him. It was quite beautiful, a place he would surely have to visit more often.

"Are you alone?" he questioned rather suddenly, hues making his way back to Aika. "Or do you have some family around?" It wasn't for any reason except to get to know her better; he could only hope it came across as such.

the staff team luvs u

09-05-2022, 10:45 PM

"Seems a fitting name for such a lighthearted song," Ah, what a gentleman. He then revealed his own name; Aloysius, though he bared no last name. Unfortunate that he didn't make a comment on her own; Aika suspected he hadn't met her siblings. “A pleasure to meet you, as well, Aloysius.” And then, they walked; through the forest, skirting around trees, her tail brushing lightly against trunks every now and then . . .

Before Aloysius asked a question that could be threatening to most, though came off as curious to the lady; A naïve girl, she was. 
"Are you alone?" He asked. "Or do you have some family around?" Aika smiled. “I have my brother and sister not to far, though it'd be a run to get to them. I've also met some friendly faces along the way . . .” Like @Uriel and @Atreyu. They were quite nice, and they had lovely faces, especially Uriel; the woman of marigold and sun.

“You may have met my friends, they're quite pretty. A woman named Uriel, and a man named Atreyu?” She asked, tilting her head to Aloysius. “Have you heard those titles before?” Curiousness . . . Perhaps they could all be friends together! That would be nice, wouldn't it? Aika loved to meet new people, and if those people liked one another, all the better. Would Aloysius like to be friends with her?

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
Entertainer
09-06-2022, 02:12 AM
Pleasantries were now out of the way, and so they walked through the woods together. He kept close to her, but not so much that he would be overbearing. That was the last thing he wanted, at least for right now. Her softer nature allowed him to remain more relaxed as well, a welcome change to the normal wolves he seemed to attract. Or, at least the males he seemed to have found himself in the company of. His flirtatious nature would surely spark soon; he need only wait for the right moment to allow it to release.

She answered his questions in stride, not seeming to think much of them. Good. He didn't want to scare her away so easily. She was much too pleasant to have their conversation end so soon. He quite enjoyed her company compared to most. She spoke of a brother and sister, to which Aloysius simply nodded. He allowed his gaze to remain ahead of them, on the lookout just in case. He would cast a couple glances to the side to show that he was still engaged as she spoke of other wolves she had met.

"I'm afraid I have not," he admitted, keeping his gaze locked with hers now. "Although I would love to someday. If you enjoy their company, I don't doubt they are wolves worth meeting." He smiled down at her, a bit of a flirtatious look entering his gaze now; but only subtly. Just enough to carry the compliment that would slide smoothly from his maw, spoken quieter as if any prying ears may be jealous of what he would say.

"I doubt their beauty could even compare to yours, Aika."

the staff team luvs u

09-06-2022, 02:42 AM

Ah, it seemed Aloysius hadn't met her friends, though he seemed willing enough to. "Although I would love to someday. If you enjoy their company, I don't doubt they are wolves worth meeting." His tone was strange, and Aika felt her face go hot. She felt like she understood, yet had no experience. A fish out of water, perhaps. “I'd love that,” She smiled, side-glancing at Aloysius for a moment. "I doubt their beauty could even compare to yours, Aika."

Uh oh, uh oh, what would she say to that?! “私は本当にあなたの賛辞に値するわけではありません、アロイシウス! あなたは私を赤面させる–” Her words were rushed, almost panicky, though a smile only built wider on her face. Taking a deep breath, Aika screwed her eyes shut. Thank goodness she had a language to express herself in without most other's understanding. “Thank you,” she breathed, “But my sister, Izumi, is far prettier.”

It was true, though her voice was laced with a twinge of envy. She was sure her sister had many husbands, probably wives as well – Aika wouldn't judge – and Atreyu seemed to like her a lot, too. How many years had she been here without her siblings? Aika hummed for a moment, eyes squinting as if she had more to say, though nothing came from her maw. Her midnight gaze flicked back towards Aloysius, though, and she scanned him up and down. 
“Your not so bad yourself; a new moon, within an empty sky.” After all, his fur was black as night.

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
Entertainer
09-06-2022, 03:50 AM
Meeting new wolves was always enjoyable to Aloysius, so it was no question that he would be accepting of meeting whoever Aika knew. He couldn't tell how his actions were affecting her quite yet as she responded, but he couldn't deny that her smile was quite pretty. Though she only gave him a side glance as he spoke further, it was clear his words had flustered her a bit. A jumble of words seemed to rush out of her as she appeared to panic. Perhaps she wasn't used to being spoken so highly of. A shame in Al's eyes.

But at least he made her smile only grow wider. He admittedly flirted with many wolves, but he never got tired of seeing the flustered reactions of those he complimented. Besides, he only ever spoke the truth as he saw it. There was much beauty to look at in this world, and the female beside him was no exception. He waited patiently as she settled herself, allowing a cool smile to remain on his features. Finally, it seemed she was able to speak words that he could understand, and he returned most of his attention back to her. 

"But my sister, Izumi, is far prettier."

Ah, so she was one with less confidence in her appearance. At least, that's what he could only assume. Comparing herself to a sister and declaring her to look better; there was even a bit of envy in her tone as she spoke. He could not allow such things to pass so easily when he admired the way she looked, the way the sun would occasionally shine on her white fur. "Don't be quick to assume your sister would catch my eye over you." His tone was sincere, though he couldn't help but let a bit of his alluring spirit seep into his words. He raised a brow slightly as she took him in as well before allowing sweet words to float from her own maw.

"Your not so bad yourself..."

"Why thank you," he replied, though a bit dramatically, and allowed his smile to broaden. "I shall take 'not so bad' to mean you don't mind simply looking in my direction without feeling ill." A slight tease entered his tone as he gently bumped his shoulder against hers, hoping that she wouldn't be so turned off by the slight touch.

I hope you're enjoying this as much as me omg. Also lmk if Al takes anything too far! He can be a big flirt but I don't wanna make you uncomfy ^^

the staff team luvs u

09-06-2022, 07:10 AM
No worries at all! He's adorable <3

"Don't be quick to assume your sister would catch my eye over you." Aika blinked at his words, eyes widening; Really? She wouldn't dare to ask, and instead, she'd giggle nervously; not out of fear, but out of... confusion? Could someone really think that Aika was.... Pretty? “Um,” She giggled once more, filling the silence with her laughs; she was unbeknownst in what to say! “I . . . Catch your eye? It was... odd? Strange? Totally new to her?

Yes. Yes to all of the above. Certainly. To her compliment, though, Aika felt her stomach twist. Did it sound like she'd only meant "you're appearance is tolerable"? 
"Why thank you, I shall take 'not so bad' to mean you don't mind simply looking in my direction without feeling ill." Aika shook her head quickly; 
“Sorry– No, i meant that you're quite handsome, I'm just... not used to saying that? Or hearing it? Sorry . . .”

And then, he bumped shoulders with her in a way that was so casual that Aika became confused; What? Was he not just... flirting with her? And then he did one of the most "we are just friends" motions that ever existed? Oh . . . Kay . . ? The lady sent a weak smile towards him for a moment, shoulders drooping, though only by a few inches, as she carried herself forwards. Dark blue eyes filtered over the pine trees; it was quite a pretty place. Then she looked at Aloysius again.

“Sorry if I'm bad at, well, flirting, I've never really... done it before? I'm not well-versed in such a task.” Aika could only hope that the man dressed in shadows would understand...

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
09-08-2022, 02:39 AM
A flutter of nervous giggles escaped from the female beside him, his smile warming at the sound. It was clear she wasn't quite used to being complimented, but he would be just as happy to help her get used to it. To think that she thought so little of herself... He wondered if there was anything deeper, but there was no use pondering on that right now. "Of course you do," he replied softly.

But then something shifted in her. At his lighthearted joke, she took it further than he meant. But then she called him handsome, and he couldn't help but lift his head just a little. So she did have a little eye for him after all. But he kept the air around him as light as he could. He didn't want her to dwell too much on the comment. "No need to apologize," he said, wanting to ease her worries a bit.

As he bumped her, she only gave him a weak smile in return. He hadn't wanted to be too forward with his actions, but perhaps a shoulder bump shouldn't have been the best move. He noticed as her shoulders drooped slightly. The need to rectify the movement urged him onward, keeping pace with her. Even as she looked around for a moment, his softened gaze never left her. He smiled down once again as she apologized for not being good at flirting. It made things make more sense to him now; he considered himself to be quite good, but not everyone could have his skills.

"Please, my dear Aika, you don't need to apologize to me." He kept his voice softer now, lowering his head just a little to better look into her eyes; though she wasn't much shorter, he felt better being just that much more on her level. "Words come easily to me, but that doesn't have to be true for everyone. That doesn't mean I would think any less of you in the slightest. And besides, I was only teasing you." Only now would he move closer to her, allowing their fur to brush against each other just a little. He hoped she wouldn't coil away from the gentle touch. He quite enjoyed their walk together and how easy it was to converse.

the staff team luvs u

09-09-2022, 08:54 AM

"Of course you do," Aloysius whispered in such a way that made Aika's heart flutter. 'I do?' She wanted to whisper, though the lady couldn't find the words. Her voice was blocked by the very thought of someone finding her appealing, though not immediately asking for her body, like the samurai . . . Aika resisted a shudder; for she didn't want Aloy to believe that she was shuddering at his compliments. In fact, they made her feel quite special.

Ah, such a comfort, it made her feel terrible for feeling terrible. It seemed the man only wanted her to be comfortable, so Aika felt guilty for not feeling comfortable. Aloysius, so nice, yet so, so horribly infatuating. What would her sister think? "No need to apologize,“Are you sure–?” She asked. What if she eventually had to apologise? Then what would she do? Just . . . not? The very concept felt foreign to her, just like english along her tongue.

"Please, my dear Aika, you don't need to apologize to me. Words come easily to me, but that doesn't have to be true for everyone. That doesn't mean I would think any less of you in the slightest. And besides, I was only teasing you." And then, he let their fur brush together, and Aika was lucky to not have fainted on the spot, though she'd be just as lucky to be a maiden in need. Would Aloysius be her knight in shining armour? “Aloysius . . . You make my heart flutter . . .” She murmured quietly.

Her face felt terribly hot, and the lady was worried that her embarrassment would soon envelope her. What Aloysius thought to be simple word play felt like an entire theatrical performance to her; it was as if she were watching the show, and then all of a sudden, the striking main sire decided to lend his hand to her. Aika felt like the most beautiful lady in the world when talking to Aloysius, and she certainly didn't want it to end. Not any time soon, at least.  “. . . I fear what may happen when we must go our seperate ways.”

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
09-10-2022, 03:32 AM
As she asked if he was certain, Aloysius nodded assuredly. She was underselling herself much more than he would've ever expected, considering her lighthearted nature and natural beauty. After his rather long spiel and gentle touching of their fur, something seemed to have changed within her. He was starting to get to her once again, entangling her with sweet words and soft gestures. A dance and song he loved to play with many, but he always loved seeing the result. Especially within her; it almost made him want to see how far he could go. How much he could romance her.

He may not always be the most sincere and committed wolf, but he could certainly make... changes for the right wolf. Who could say if Aika would be the one? He had many more wolves to meet and flirt with, but she would certainly be one that would get stuck in his mind. His warm smile only broadened at her words, happy that he could make her feel such a way. It encouraged him to let his head come a little bit closer to hers, making sure their fur was always gently touching.

"I'm glad you seem to enjoy my company just as much as I enjoy yours," he murmured back before lifting his head once more. He hadn't known how far they walked now, but there was little time to think of that as the female beside him spoke once more. He looked over at her slightly as she spoke her worries. He'd be lying if he said he didn't enjoy that she appeared to long for his presence further than just now. And he felt the same, only less worried of course.

Only now would he shift away from her, pulling ahead slightly and turning his body to face her. Effectively stopping himself in her path, letting him gaze much more easily into the warm hues of the female. "My dear Aika-" A new name he would surely call her often. "-you seem to worry so much. We may have to part ways, true. But that doesn't mean I won't see you out, or that I would try and run from you." He inched his muzzle closer, lowering his voice slightly.

"You are one I won't soon forget, nor would I ever want to."

the staff team luvs u

09-10-2022, 04:52 AM

While part of Aika truly wondered what it would be like to take Aloysius as a mate, a whole lot more of her knew that, a) it was too soon – since she both came to Canis, and since she'd met the handsome man – and that, b) he probably had a lot of other girls on the side. The lady almost felt... envious? For the other women he was probably seeing. 

But then he'd say things like; 
"I'm glad you seem to enjoy my company just as much as I enjoy yours," And Aika would feel confused all over again. The lady chuckled at his words, cheeks continuing to flush warmer and warmer. Surely not all men were like this, right? Aloysius was special... he had to be, for there were never any men as polite and gentlemen-like at her old home.

"My dear Aika, you seem to worry so much. We may have to part ways, true. But that doesn't mean I won't see you out, or that I would try and run from you." And now, he was right in front of her, and Aika blinked up at him. 
“I'll never forget the way you say my name, Aloysius,” almost like a vow of love, though they'd known each other for less than an hour. How was he so good with words? “I . . . I want to see you again. Soon.”

But, this also meant that their goodbyes were coming up, as much as she wished she could still be courted by the man dressed in shadow. “Meet me by those mountains,” she gestured towards the fangs, where fog trickled over the ground in a haze. Please, she hoped that he'd comply; would he really not run from her? “And I'll wait for you.”

And if she was late... would he wait for her?

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
09-14-2022, 12:14 AM
Part of him wondered if he would feel this way with any other females that he met. He wondered if they would even be as receptive to his compliments as Aika was. Or if he would have just as much fun as he did with her. Only time would tell, but she would certainly hold a place in his mind for a long time to come. Especially if they found themselves meeting each other frequently.

He'd be lying if her words didn't warm his heart a little. He certainly felt the same as her, despite his more flighty nature. Of course, he knew he could settle with the right female. But it was far too soon to see if she was the one. Though she was quite a strong contender so far. And then she spoke of wanting to see him again - and soon. He smiled warmly at the thought of being able to see her again. Perhaps do something more fun than a simple walk; perhaps playing around more like pups. "I would quite enjoy seeing you again," he replied, his words slipping easily from his maw.

He turned his head towards her gesture, noticing some mountains that appeared to be dressed in fog. And she said she would wait for him. He wondered how long, but he didn't want to test it. He could only hope she wouldn't leave him hanging either. "I look forward to it." He turned to look back at her, taking in as much of her as he could as he prepared to say goodbye. "I'll make sure you won't have to wait for me for long. I'm sure I'll miss your absence as well."

Taking a few steps back, he dipped his head deeply for a few moments before looking back up at her. "Parting is such sweet sorrow. But I will see you again, my dear Aika." With his parting words, he would wait only a few moments before turning and fading back into the shadows of the forest around them, a lingering feeling of warmth still holding onto his chest.

the staff team luvs u

09-17-2022, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 11:24 PM by Aika. Edited 2 times in total. Edit Reason: bro why is my spelling so bad smh )

"I would quite enjoy seeing you again, I look forward to it." His words seemed to roll so easily off of his tongue, Aika felt entranced by the simplicity, and yet.. the skill, as well. The lady knew he’d certainly had many wives, though she couldn’t feel but the smallest bit jealous.

“I await your presence, Aloysius—” And though she wanted to be engulfed in his fur right now, that’d have to wait. Her tone was a purr, laced with… envy? It was something she wasn’t used to, though surely she was all the more beautiful with it. “—Please don’t stall me.” A light tease as a smile crawled up her maw.

Awh, how sweet, Aika hummed for a moment, brain processing his words; "I'll make sure you won't have to wait for me for long. I'm sure I'll miss your absence as well." “You’ll truly miss me?” Aika asked as if even she herself couln’t believe such a promise. "Parting is such sweet sorrow. But I will see you again, my dear Aika."

“Trust that we will see each other again, and the high gods must manifest it. I’ll see you again, soon, my shadow…” A nickname test, to see if he’d approve, though it didn’t take long for him to slink away, leaving Aika only wanting him even more…

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
scroll to top