Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Can't Remember when I Realised I was in Love... La-La-Love

AW
Adventurer
08-07-2022, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2022, 10:00 AM by Merlinnn. Edit Reason: adventurer tag )
After This Thread. Perhaps @Ember if ur not too busy? Otherwise AW!

Climbing was an Iisha strength. At least, that's what he'd been told.

No wolf, creature or bird could be prepared for this journey of an expedition, but Marlin was on the hunt.
 New members for the empire, that was his one and only goal. The man swung his head back and forth as he traversed through valleys and cliffs, looking for any sign of life at all.

Seriously? Nothing? The man huffed, rolling his eyes as he continued onwards a few more paces before he came across a ledge.
 A small dip towards the face of the mountain seemed good enough to make a resting point for now, and Marlin circled in the crevice before tilting his head back and laying down.

Perhaps someone would find him, but hopefully someone who wasn't at Ember, not that he had anything against her.

the staff team luvs u
Ember is welcome in all of Marlin's (AW) threads.
3-2-3 rated
08-10-2022, 08:34 PM
Sitting upon a outcropping of stone, lounging upon a sun-heated boulder, the woman peered over to notice a figure within her lands. She huffed, less annoyed at an intruder and more annoyed at the disturbance.
The Queen raised her head, puffed her chest as she did, and daintily came down from the rocks. Every movement graceful as she did. Much effort being put into how she presented herself to strangers.

She stopped several feet away, standing there with her slim figure poised and primed; staring at the creature with judging eyes. Noting his reddish complexion and size, though the woman showed no signs of a nervous nature in the language of her body. It would take more to intimidate the pale snake queen.
"You look comfortable." The woman stated in a suggestive and questioning tone. Hoping to get across the implication that she did not like how comfortable he was.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 89HrhAg.png]
3 - 3 - 3
08-11-2022, 08:44 AM

A woman was approaching him. 

A woman who dared to approach a king of the Iisha name. How funny. Someone would approach him?

He hoped the recent scent of his sister among his pelt would make her uncomfortable; A silent “Fuck Off” to the woman approaching.

You look comfortable” She sneered at him. The man nodded, hiding a scoff and a smirk. “Indeed I am,” He ‘purred’ smugly. He didn’t think this place fit the picture of his empire, but it’d be fun to aggravate the stranger, no?

Plus, if things got messy, all he’d have to do was beat her, and if things got messier? Well, that’s what annoying older sisters are for. @Ember would fight for him, yes?
 Marlin doubted she’d be able to rebuild the empire on her own. He almost chuckled at the thought of her even trying.

“Is something wrong with that?” His tone was condescending, a purposeful move. “Or have you staked your claim upon this fine, fine land?” It was a nice place, he had to be honest, it just… didn’t really fit the Iisha brand..

Sadly.

Marlin would of loved to fight this woman over the claim. Just for fun, of course. Perhaps he could lie and say that he was planning something..
 That’d be exciting.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated
08-11-2022, 02:26 PM
The queen remained unphased by his show.

Her face sat placid, still annoyed, but unmoving as she waited patiently for him to discontinue his brash and overconfident ranting. The woman finally scoffed, almost a chuckle, when he finally stopped.
"I just don't prefer the stench of the unscholarly, is all." Her eyes looked him up and down, judging every inch of his body with a disdainful look. Men never impressed the Queen but, most especially men with an extreme proclivity for being arrogant. Those she never could find the heart to respect.

Who exactly was this fool anyway?

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
Paladin
08-12-2022, 03:32 AM

The stench of the unscholarly? The man scoffed, rolling his eyes at the woman, before dropping off the boulder graciously. He was clearly much larger than this girl, and he squinted his eyes, annoyed. “You have no idea who you are talking to, woman.

It was an easy show of power, one that came naturally, instead of forced like most others. He believed it really sold the experience. “You will not speak down to the King of the Iisha Empire.”
 It wasn't a question, really, it was a threat. He could see, easily, that this woman was scarred, and he would like to give her more. Marlin gave a growl; He wasn't one to be violent, but his patience was wearing thin with the woman.

“Now, you'll either make your way out of this territory until your wretched scent can't even reach my nose,” He advised. “Or I will fight you, and I will win.” Of course, there was no other option. If she left, it'd be easy for both of them. If not? Well, he'd have some fun.

Dw he'll lay easy, Boa (my character as well lmao) would like to have a queen to be loyal to, so-

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated
08-12-2022, 04:10 AM
She had decided to stick around for a bit. Planning on hunting and resting before leaving, despite the urgency she had to get moving. It was then when she was about to do just that, that she noticed the scent of another wolf in the area.

Curiously the she-wolf wandered back towards the path she had taken to get up there, leaning over the ledge to search for the newcomer. Her blue eyes quickly found an unfamiliar white pelt, conversing with the easily recognizable one of her brother.

She let out an audible sigh as hurried paw steps navigated the rather difficult route towards the pair. She didn’t trust Marlin enough to leave him without protection in this situation, knowing very well his ability to piss the best of people off. Ember just needed to close enough to jump in if needed.

“-wretched scent can't even reach my nose, Or I will fight you, and I will win.” Was all she heard as she approached, a scowl appearing on her face. She didn’t move any farther, waiting to see what would happen. At this point, Marlin needed to be put in his place, and she hoped this stranger could manage that. As long as he wasn’t injured enough that it became her problem, she wouldn’t mind.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: 35867-ACE-A5-D5-46-A0-9-E38-DD2-E315114-A8.gif]
Join the Iisha Empire

3-2-3 Rated
Warning | Small Note
Paladin
08-12-2022, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 06:11 AM by Sabira. Edited 4 times in total.)
not me accidentally hitting post on mobile u-u

Her eyes followed him down the rock, though her head did not move. She allowed him to stand tall before her, and the Queen returned the favor with a disinterested look. Eyeballing him, unafraid and unbothered.
"I remind you of the same, boy." The woman addressed him like a child, hoping he would see it was deserving. He was acting like one, at the very least.

Hey eyes glanced over at the new arrival, who stood more ready rather than violent. Clearly observing the situation. They shared a scent, though this one appeared to keep her head a lot steadier.

"I am Queen Sabira Petrichoria." Her paws carried her forward slightly, with the intention to push him back. If he did not yield to her pressure, she would gladly collide chests with him. The conviction and volume of her voice raised as she continued. "I am the mighty High Queen and Empress of the noble and valiant kingdom of Imber Vitae!" She still pressed on. "And I lack any need of protection or assistance in striking you down where you stand, boy."

Those pools of amber in her eyes looked to alight with a fire of wrath as she stared, harshly and deeply into the man's crystal blue. "I will find no trouble in ridding the Earth of your shadow." Sabira's voice return to a normal volume, though still contained every inch of her righteous and burning flame.

If he still decided to maintain his foolish goal of battling the Empress, she stood ready and prepared. She was going nowhere. Certainly not by the command of this poor sod.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
Paladin
08-12-2022, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 06:12 AM by Merlinnn. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: paladin tag )

He scoffed as the woman began to raise her voice, rolling his eyes, almost into the back of his skull. An annoying woman, that was for sure. Queen? Marlin squinted at her. She could command the weakest of hearts, probably, but she certainly would do no good at leading an army.

Marlin itched for the fight, he really did, but he wasn’t certain. An empire couldn’t be built by a dead king, now could it? He had relations, sure, but one wrong move and those would mean nothing. The man had to step lightly, especially around such a snake.

“I don’t give a fuck about who you are,” He hissed as they bumped chests. “Call me boy one more time and I’ll rip that pretty face right off.” Hm, do you think his claws would look nice with some red paint? Marlin certainly thought so. “Your pathetic whining is the reason no god will speak to us.”

A final insult, a final jab.

And their dance could begin, mademoiselle.

Wrinkling his snout, the man went straight for it, ducking towards the side and craning his head; He’d aim his teeth at the woman’s stomach, though, if she managed to duck… he’d have to to for the back-leg, easily. Anything to get her on the ground, of course.

If he was successful with the stomach-teeth move, he’d push his weight into her, driving his teeth further. If the leg bite was the real winner, the king would try to drag her back towards him. All while a malicious grin crawled up his face; It’d been a while.

Time to tango, motherfucker.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated
Paladin
08-12-2022, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 06:29 AM by Sabira. Edited 2 times in total.)
His rambling and insults rolled off her like water on a duck. All she cared for was teaching this arrogant child a proper lesson of never underestimating one's opponent.

Without hesitation and with practiced teeth, the woman flung around at his slightest movement. Jaw unhinged and open, ready to greet the boy's face with the fangs of a cobra should he lack the speed to avoid it.
Having fought large men before, she stood with feet planted firmly- practically digging knots into the dirt. Knowing that they always tended to use their weight class to their advantage, her knees bent so as to put him off balance if he pushed further.

No words would she provide now, as in such battle they achieved nothing. Only wrathful eyes following gnashing teeth. Her snarls filled the air, and turned a quiet forest into a sanctum of chaos, her rage turning unending with every snap.

it's late and I'm tired haha, I completely forgot about Ember!! I'm so sorry ;0; please feel free to overshadow a little bit of this post if need be for your own, Ember! sorry again u-u

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
08-12-2022, 07:03 AM
No worries, feel free to skip her whenever necessary

"I am the mighty High Queen and Empress of the noble and valiant kingdom of Imber Vitae!"
Of course of all the wolves he had to go pick a fight with, it had to be a fucking queen, no surprise there. She wished she would’ve had the brains to just leave well enough alone, teach Marlin that he shouldn’t pick fights he can’t win. But no, instead she was sitting here watching him like she was his mother.

Her face had once again regained its usual blank composure, though her umber ears pricked forward with interest. She made no move to assist her kin, and had no plan too, at least until there was a concerning amount of blood. Some scars might serve as a reminder.

Her blue eyes watched the Empress with a fascinated curiosity. Rather impressed by both her composure and her skill. Maybe she should just ditch Marlin and join her empire. It would certainly be a step up, having a leader that was competent. She thought amusedly.
the staff team luvs u
Join the Iisha Empire

3-2-3 Rated
Warning | Small Note
08-13-2022, 01:22 AM

He narrowly dodged the woman, though she managed to tear out a small chunk of fur. Fuck. She had practice? Well, he did, too.

Marlin discontinued the pushing rather quickly, as it seemed she’d been practiced with that sort of fighting. Stay on your toes, it seemed. The king would duck around her once more; Perhaps if he continued moving, stayed a blur, he could get a bite in.

His jaws aimed for her flank, paws striking upwards, so that even if he missed the bite, hopefully he could get a scratch in on her leg; It was almost like fighting elk, now that he thought about it, except they could talk and were annoying as fuck.

Neither wolf spoke, though he got a sight of ginger fur in the distance. Ember was here, hopefully on the ready to join him in case things got ugly, but for now, he could appreciate her distance. This was his time to shine, of course!

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated
Paladin
08-13-2022, 05:16 AM
out of "yes, no, sorta" carl chose yes! From a dice roll out of 10, I landed a 1! (29/30 health.) Feel free to ask for screenshots if you're ever unsure :)

His sudden change in fighting style had surprised her, he picked up her tendencies rather quickly. Her skin burned at her flank as she narrowly avoided a full bite, his teeth nipping and pulling instead, just short of the meat of her flesh.
She was expecting herself to yip and whine to such pain, yet it melted off her like butter. Only a snarl further erupted from her maw, as if placing damage upon the queen was merely a minor inconvenience.

Flipping around to meet the boy at her flank, she again made rapid and vicious snaps at his face and neck. If not landing, they would at least stave off any of his further nonsense. He might put on a good and flashy show but, Sabira had facts- not alibis.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
08-13-2022, 05:25 AM
Marlin current health: 29 / Landed on a NINE oml Sabira I'm so sorry / Sabira Health: 21

A single one of the woman's teeth managed to catch onto his cheek, and the man snarled at the pain, backing away for a moment until she'd stop. Marlin took a few breaths; not worn out yet, but definitely not at his prime. 

And then, he darted once more, aiming at her tail. For all he knew, it'd hurt, right? His tail was sensitive as shit, and that sorta pain stuck with you, so he hoped that it'd do something.
 ...If not, though, he'd aim another swipe at the woman's hind. Flicking his tail impatiently. Marlin wished there was a way to speed up time, especially during fights, wouldn't that be nice?

If I'm doing the dice wrong lemme know! I'm not to familiar with it lmao, i'm more used to Dawns fighting system.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated
Paladin
08-13-2022, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 05:54 AM by Sabira. Edited 2 times in total. Edit Reason: skill tags )
I'll go with your roll this round :> 21/30 health

Feeling the pull on her tail, the woman yelped. The hell!? More of a surprise, rather. Nyra and Ivory used to do something similar whenever they felt the need to bully.
Sabira shook her head, shaking out the anxiety this created. She needed to hold it together, keep her royal composure, and focus.

Her paws shifted, catching her body in a swing. Body low, to the ground but, positioned in a way so that she could respond to his rapid back and forth with agile turns. She flicked the blood off her tail.

Nothing.

Like the strikes of a cobra the woman pounced, springing herself from the ground and launching towards the boy. If she landed on top of him, as her intentions, she would again snap violently at his throat and stomach- his face, for now, being less of a priority.
However if her launch was unaligned, she would gladly take the slide into her flank with the hope to find purchase upon his golden brown flesh.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
08-13-2022, 06:06 AM
Rolled a 5, Marlin Health = 24

Yes! Thankfully, the move was in his favour, though it seemed the empress was learning. Quickly, she yanked her tail away from him, seemingly getting ready to react faster if he darted again. A shame that he'd have to abandon that strategy... It was one of his favourites!

But, the woman quickly regained her footing, and went straight for his neck and stomach. This is how I die, he thought for a moment, eyes widening. No, no, the Iisha Empire needs me! And with that, the king threw himself onto the floor, clenching his teeth as the girl drove her fangs into his back. Now that – if nothing else – would leave a mark.

With a heave and a push, the man would attempt to roll himself onto his side, hopefully crushing that pale little ant to the best of his abilities. If that – unfortunately – didn't work, he'd be left with no choice but to push himself upwards, hopefully getting away. Sadly, it would mean no damage dealt, but he'd really rather be alive.

Note to anyone reading: Discussed abt dice system, doing it differently now!

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated
Paladin
08-13-2022, 07:12 AM
Bot picked "sorta", Rolled 5 out of ten; Sabira Health 16/30

The taste of iron pooled down her throat, and the wicked vixen drank it plenty. Glad to have made a proper flesh wound into the boy.
Sadly, she felt his weight shift in an attempt to roll. Greedy for more, she reacted rather slowly and caught a leg under him. It twisted, though fortunately did not break. Once on the ground she shuffled quickly to get it out from under him, and twitched it out once she could get better footing.

With him now on his back, the woman scoffed. Fool! She dove again- no child would escape her corporal punishment! Trying to come at an angle to avoid his flailing paws, the queen once again leapt for his throat- this time for the underside. If such attack did land- she would ease her bite. Such fangs on the most precious side of a wolf's neck could easily kill a man, and this was not her goal. Perhaps the boy would detect this and sense her mercy. Be thankful for once.
However if she did not succeed, Sabira would instead snap at his stomach, braving a kick in the face if he flailed hard enough. A nip or two would do, however- like punishing a puppy.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
08-13-2022, 07:24 AM
rolled an 8 oml, Marlin Health = 16, they're toe-to-toe!

Luckily, his roll had got her leg stuck for a moment, though she quickly wriggled out. The man's eyes widened once more at the though of his death as she pounced for his neck. He flung himself to the side, but the woman got a bite on his neck, and he yelped with pain, blood trickling down his neck.

With a grunt, he'd attempt to throw his head against the girls, praying that his bony-temples would reach the woman's eye – or anything, really – and get her off of him. Marlin squirmed with pain. Let go of me, he wanted to scream, but the king knew not to waste his energy. Get off, get off, get off. 

He wriggled and squirmed. If he were to fail with the head-to-head, he'd have to just wiggle jiggle his way out of this.. situation. If this got any worse, he'd have to call for Ember soon, as much as he didn't want to see that stupid look on her face.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated
Paladin
08-13-2022, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 05:25 PM by Sabira. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: skill tags )
The bot picked no twice but that seems a bit unfair so, Sabi gon let that boy go lol- I can roll for damage if you'd like for the sake of the game-aspect but, since their tied, they're probably okay? Up to you! I can always edit later with a damage roll :>

also: i'd like to see you wiggle wiggle- fo sho

Her rather slim figure and smaller (in comparison to he) stature made it difficult for their heads to collide. She sensed his struggle and released her jaw when he began to squirm. Partially out of mercy but, mostly because it grew difficult to hold him when he did that. The crimson liquid that filled her maw was pleasant, and she missed the taste of another's. She could get lost in the kill if she didn't have her head properly on her shoulders.

The woman bounced back and away from the golden pelted man. His blood dripped from her chin as she stared, head lowered and eyes intense. Would he try again at their fight even after such embarrassment? Her tail and leg ached so, she hoped he wouldn't for both their sakes. Leaders to their own respective empires, without them- would there be any empire at all?
Regardless she stood ready, prepared if he would. The boy was a fool, she wouldn't put it above him to still want this fight.

She tossed a glance at the other, wondering if they would step in if he did. Like a mother come to save her little pup. The thought gave Sabira an internal and silent chuckle.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
08-15-2022, 06:10 AM

They were both coming to an end, any further and they may just kill eachother. Two less empires for Canis, it'd seem. Wouldn't that be a shame? Marlin narrowed his eyes as Sabira let go of him, backing away. The king let a snarl exit his maw, but there was really not much left. Both the wolves were tired, though she had drawn first blood. Marlin could commend her for that, as much as he didn't want to.

“You fight well,” He growled, as if it weren't something he was very appreciative of. The man flicked his tail to Ember, a sign to stay back. He didn't need any help, he didn't want any, either. This woman clearly knew how to fend for herself. That was good, if you wanted to run a kingdom (as much as he wanted to believe she couldn't).
 Marlin gave a dip of his head; A formal way of asking; "Keep it a draw? Or.." If she wanted to keep going, they could keep going, Marlin didn't care, even though it'd be quite the hassle. He also wanted to keep fighting, but... Perhaps it'd be best not to. No matter what Sabira answered, the king would crane his neck to gaze at his sister. “Ember! Let's go.”

Perhaps he and the "queen" of "Imber Vitae" would meet on better terms, next time. Marlin was too angry to see her as a worth-while and valuable ally at the moment, but he'd certainly been humbled by the woman's will and strength. Perhaps he'd have to take some inspiration from her... The king silently chuckled at the thought.

Perhaps, one day, when they were, much, much older – and when Marlin was a bit more mature – they could be allies. But for now? No thanks.

Exit post for Marlin!

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated
08-17-2022, 05:00 AM
Despite her frustration with the man, she couldn’t help but be worried as Sabira’s teeth snapped towards her brother’s throat. Some protective instinct relieved when her teeth sank into his back instead. The woman wasn’t sure why she was worried. Given the chance to fight him, she certainly wouldn’t hold back. Her interest peaked when the fight halted. Was it only a pause, or was Marlin done with his idiocy?

It was surprising to hear the king-to-be compliment (if you could call it that) someone, but it wasn’t undeserved. She too was rather impressed with the fight the queen put up. Appearing rather delicate and unskilled, Ember was pleased to see her evenly match Marlin. Even if it wasn’t the most difficult of feats.

She got to her feet as she heard her name called. Pausing for a moment to let her brother gain the lead. She gave one last look at the ivory woman, her leg folding beneath her in a bow before the empress. A sign of respect before she took her departure. The ginger wolf turned and retreated after the self-proclaimed emperor.
the staff team luvs u
Join the Iisha Empire

3-2-3 Rated
Warning | Small Note
08-19-2022, 04:42 AM

He didn't seem much for battle anymore so, she copied him when he got out of a fighting stance and stood proper. Internally, she gave a chuckle to his words, laden with a resentment. Of course she fought well, she didn't need him to tell her. Though, she appreciated the possible sentiment and too- dipped her head.

She eyeballed the other as they went to his call, surprised that she would listen to the man at all. Had she seen her own leader get put to a draw in such a way, she would question her allegiance. However, Sabira was a woman who only focused on really her own gain, rather than any sort of familial tie.
 As they bowed, Sabira inhaled- puffing her chest a bit. The way the woman bowed was proper, and so Sabira too nodded her head. A deep respect for their nobility and fair nature in battle. Sabira was extremely thankful she hadn't joined in, as she was terribly awful when facing two wolves at once- though most are.

The queen watched as they went on their merry way, eyeballing them all the way up until they disappeared from her eyes. With that, she turned, and made her way back up to her supposed throne to rest and lick her wound.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
scroll to top