Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
dreamin' of posies and ladies

Afternoon Sunny/Clear 60° F
P
Adventurer
05-03-2022, 05:58 PM
 @Serenity— i'm ready for them

Blessed by the new day, Jun decided today was a day of exploring. Today he would really explore the mountainous terrain to see what he was up against. 

Lucky for him, he rather preferred rocky terrain; steadfast with agile limbs, he could make jumps and leaps as easily as a doe could. Long legs and a stronger upper body permitted such a thing from him. As he traversed the crevices in the mountains, slithering through the cracks, he stumbled upon an area foreign to him; a valley with a plethora of exotically colored flowers and fauna. 

The male couldn't help but indulge in such a beauty, taking steps down from the ledge he came from, landing softly in the soft grass. Gods— the grass was soft! Jun didn't think he's ever felt something as nice before. He continued towards a bed of flowers and this heavenly grass before lowering himself into it. 

Jun couldn't help it.

He rolled to his back, cheek flattening against the stalks. The man took a deep inhale, relaxing. A sneeze followed, of course, and he rolled back to his stomach, tongue flexing over the surface of his nose to brush away any lingering pollen. He hated pollen.

the staff team luvs u
05-03-2022, 06:51 PM
The woman was content with her new home, though the work of being a new mother to a child not hers was certainly a shock to her nervous system. Nonetheless though, she found herself needing to get out as it had been a while since she had gone out for herself. So, she left the @Gaia with @Vendrussel only really trusting the leader with her new daughter. Of course she knew that she could trust the rest of Dragonford, but Ven was the only one she trusted alone with Kailani.

Moving through the area, she sighed slightly as she walked, though her attention moved quickly from her own thoughts towards a sneeze off in the distance. Who was that? As she walked closer though, she cocked her head to the side faintly noticing the wolf that she had only met once before. 

With a soft chuckle, the woman would walk over, a soft smile on her face. "That time of the year makes breathing difficult sometimes, doesn't it?" She had always hated spring and summer time as the pollen and dust made her sneeze so often. She was just happy that she currently wasn't the one sneezing.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: a3e702c2-68a1-11ed-83fd-41e4c66def4c.gif]
Adventurer
05-03-2022, 07:57 PM
The man had been lounging peacefully when he heard the voice of another faintly call out to him, then come closer as they spoke. By the scent, he could tell it was a woman and perhaps a friend of the Dragonford? 

At her comment, the man chuckled in response, feeling a light embarrassment tinge on his cheeks. "Had you noticed?" He hadn't ever had the chance to stick his face in a field of flowers, and now it seemed that he may have an allergy of the sort. 

Jun would take the moment to take in the maiden's figure; she was graced with a luscious build and a palette of enamoring colorations, and eyes the color of warming honey glazed by the son. Had everyone in Dragonford admonished such beauty? He would wonder if they, too, thought the same of him. 

"We've met before, haven't we? Briefly—" Yae had flashed into his mind and he scoffed. "but I don't think I formally introduced myself." The man would stand, facing the woman with petals of flowers dropping from his fur. He dipped his head low, shoulders reclining with him; a bow was the only respectable way to introduce himself to a lady. 

"Jun Westfall, my lady. It's a pleasure." He looked up towards her in the midst of his bow, gleaming rose eyes flickering towards her honeyed ones. Standing up straight, he came closer to her, only by a few paces. "What do they call you?"

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-03-2022, 09:16 PM
She found herself raking her eyes over the male in front of her, her tail flickering slightly behind her. He certainly was nice looking and she had no problems with flirting with a cute male. "It all depends on if smelling the roses is worth the sneezing fit after." She would chuckle softly as she moved to sit next to him, laying herself onto her side as she relaxed near him, brown eyes looking up at him with a soft smirk. 

A single nod before she spoke again. "Yes, though we never really got around to introductions. It's very nice to meet you Jun. My name is Serenity." She couldn't help smiling at him, loving how much of a gentleman he was. For a moment, she wondered how much she could push him and how receptive to her flirting he would be. Well there was only one way to find out. 

"It seems like the Ford brings very attractive wolves to the land." She chuckled softly as she said that, her eyes watching him carefully. She was pushing to see how he would react to her and if she could continue flirting or if he would make it awkward. She surely hoped not as she had no qualms against curling up with him tonight.

the staff team luvs u
05-03-2022, 10:31 PM
Jun would watch the maiden with steady eyes as she settled beside him, glowing at her elegance. She fell to her side, and he laid his head on the ground, a few inches from hers. Jun had no issues with close contact, he knew for certain that it only strengthened a bond. 

"Serenity," he tested her name on his tongue, the melody ringing out similar to liquid gold. "Pretty." His words were soft, not above an earshot of sound. He felt no reason to puff his chest out and exert a large amount of energy— it was simply him, and Serenity.

He appreciated her forwardness since he often found it irritating when others were convulting, restricting information about themselves that simply...did not need to be. Why hide who you are? Jun could never understand. 

What he couldn't ignore, was the words that spilled from her that mentioned the attractiveness of the wolves of the Ford. "Yeah? That's rich coming from a diamond such as yourself." His eyes were trained to her smile following her chuckle, letting his long, swirled tail sway beside him.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-03-2022, 10:41 PM
The woman watched him as he laid down next to her, her body relaxed as she smiled at him. She was beginning to like this man and wondered briefly if something was going to go horribly wrong. Most likely, but until than, she would rather enjoy herself than sit around worrying for nothing. So, she flicked her tail over towards him, attempting to have it lay across his as she rolled onto her back, trying to lean into him slightly if he accepted it. 

His words made her chuckle softly she looked up at him with flirty, bright eyes. "You certainly are such a gentleman though I have to ask, am I special, or do you spin these words to every woman you meet?" She didn't seem to mind either way, though she was curious to see what his response was. 

If he had accepted her cuddling into him, she would attempt to nuzzle her nose under his chin, smirking slightly as she did so. She was having fun and pushing to see how far he would let her go with that. This night would certainly end one way or another but the ball was entirely in his court for that.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-04-2022, 12:39 AM
Patiently, his eyes would narrow as Serenity leaned against his frame, tongue poking the inside of his cheek. Ears flattened against his head, he eagerly awaited her next move. He did, in fact, welcome the proximity, not moving an inch from his current spot.

His head cocked to the side at her words, eyes lolling in a relaxed manner as he stared into her bright ones. "That depends on you—...would you like me to treat you as if you're the only girl in the world?" His muzzle had drawn closer to her ear, whispering them solemnly. Jun felt as though he were in his element here; free, and alive. Most certainly alive. 

Jun wouldn't call himself a...bastardous lover— although he has been called of something alike the sort— he was caring and courteous above all else. This was about her. Why would it be about him? He was lucky enough that she decided to lay beside him: he should kiss her feet as is. A woman deserved to be worshipped, they deserve as much. For birthing young, nursing them, watching over them; Jun knew enough of it. His morals were driven from it...women deserved much more than he could give them, but he could damn well give it a try. 

Serenity's nose had poked it's way through his fur, resting beneath his chin. He would curve his muzzle beneath her chin, intertwining their necks, and wrapping his tail atop hers: if she allowed him to do so. A whisper followed suit, a declaration; "Because I can do that, Serenity. I can play that very well." A deep inhale would come from him, taking in her scent; a sweet rendition of morning dew and sea salt collapsed upon his nose, giving him chills.

"Very...well."

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-04-2022, 01:18 AM
The man seemed to take her flirting and run with it, in a way that no one really had before. This was something she wasn't entirely used to, but at the same time, was entirely here for. She enjoyed that he matched her blow for blow and finally felt like she could let loose, something she hadn't done in a while. His words made her squeal inwardly, her heart racing so much she could have sworn he could feel it. Perhaps he could, she wasn't entirely sure either way. "Hmm, perhaps for tonight only I don't mind being the center of your attention." She smirked as he responded to her nuzzle in kind, laying his tail across her which she accepted, tangling her body with his own. 

His whisper made her shiver slightly as she found her breath catching ever so slightly. It was like a game of uncle between the two of them, and there was no way she was able to stop this train to danger town. Reaching up, she would attempt to nip at his cheek, a light nibble but also a small challenge, her eyes watching him closely. "What do you want?" She asked the open ended question, still as she continued to aim small nibbles at his cheeks and muzzle, her tail flickering back and forth as it laid across him. "Tell me where you want this night to end."

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
Content Warning
05-04-2022, 03:14 AM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality
  • lowkey freaky [mild] :flushed:
As her body leaned against his, he could feel the rampant heartbeat in her chest. It was music to his ears to hear such a symphony, such a delirium that she had cast upon him to make him inept, and baned to obey her will. There was a beauty in such a thing and Jun would be no scrooge to deny it. 

A huff of amusement buried deep in his chest buzzed at her confession, how honesty made his pride bristle. "Needy, aren't we?" His nose brushed across her temples, down to her cheeks, then to her lips. Before he had the chance to affirm her, her muzzle shifted and he felt the ridges of her teeth against his cheek. While most would reject such a gesture, he embraced it, letting her do as she pleases with him. Jun would stay quiet, letting her devour his cheeks, savoring the moment. 

When she purposed such a perplexing question, he pulled away from her momentarily, stunned. "여보— a man will always want, but I will never take." Sincerity and concern was sewn into his voice, looking down towards her with hardened desire. His tone had broken down into something of a whisper and a whimper, steadfast in hoping she didn't think he deserved anything from her. 

He didn't deserve anything.

"I will give you anything you desire, Serenity. All you have to do is ask." He threaded his head beneath her chin this time, a rather blatant act of submission from such a domineering male, but when it came to acts of intimacy— he knew how terrifying an outlook could be. 

"This night will end in anyway you please. It's about you, not me. If you wish me to worship you, I would. If you wish me to ravish you, make you scream, I would. If you wish me to just lay here and listen, I would." He spoke each declaration after a kiss of his tongue around the shape of her face, if she had continued to let him. There was nothing more in this world than he hated than taking pleasure when he did not deserve it.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Misc Skill
05-04-2022, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2022, 03:39 AM by Serenity.)
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
"Needy, aren't we?" The words nearly made Serenity chuckle, looking up at him with a glint in her eyes. If only he knew the half of it. He had accepted her flirting and now would have to deal with everything she would give to him. But considering his words, she doubted he would have a problem with any of that. She wasn't entirely sure the language that he had spoken it, but she also didn't mind, enjoying the way those words fell off of his tongue. Perhaps she should ask him about that later, but now certainly wasn't the time for it. After all, she had much more important things on her mind. 

His words seemed to ignite something in her and she let him nuzzle and touch her, greedy for more. She let out a soft growl full of need as he nuzzled under her chin, quickly shifting her body as he spoke. All she needed to do was ask, and so, she would, her voice light and soft. "I want you to take me tonight, show me what you can do and take what you want." She would move to stand up, lowering her body to the ground as she nuzzled into him again, though this time moving past him. It he allowed it, she would drag her tail under his chin, a clear offering of what she wanted from him. Considering everything he had said so far, she had little reason to believe he wouldn't take the bait, but still, she offered as if in any universe he would deny her. 

She briefly wondered what would happen after this night, though that was a question for later as now, she didn't want to think of any consequences that may occur from this. She wouldn't expect him to stick around if he wanted this to be a one night stand and nothing more.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Misc Skill
05-04-2022, 04:06 AM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
The soft growl that protruded through her had only riled him even more, raging thoughts of need transversing between the both of them. There was a certain magic about it that Jun craved— something so vested in a nature planted within him. It made him animalistic all the more.

She stated what he wanted, and he would obey.

—But after her words, a patch of cold blossomed across his body where her figure once laid. He rolled up, laying on his stomach, a vocalized tremble in his voice crisp in the air. It was as if he had questioned where she was going, why she was going, and if he could come. That was the oddity about desire that stubbed Jun, why he thought so highly in her regard after a brief introduction. 

He felt the chill of her tail run beneath his chin, causing his head to follow in her direction. Her head had not been facing him, and perhaps he swore she strut with confidence. Or, maybe that was him, drowning in delirium under her spell. Before her tail escaped his chin, he nipped it gently with his teeth if she allow it so; he needed time to catch up with her after all. A bark came from him, as he sauntered behind her. 

Following behind her, because why would he not, he would outstretch his head and bump the back of her thigh with his nose, if she permit, with a sense of urgency and need. He would move his muzzle upward, playfully biting at the stalks of fur at her hip bone if she enjoyed.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
Content Warning
05-04-2022, 12:46 PM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
[Narrow width=400]The sound of his wine as she stood made her chuckle, though she didn't go far. She enjoyed the thrill of the chase, regardless of how short it was. It didn't seem to take him long to her up and rush after her, something that she found made her heart skip a beat slightly. Everything about him was perfect to the point that she wondered if this was a dream that she was destined to wake from before it got to the best part. She surely hoped not because at is stood right now, she never wanted to leave.

Feeling the nip to her tail made her growl softly, desire and need clear in her sound. More so as he nipped at her back fluff. As he moved closer to her, she would stop moving and push herself to the ground, keeping her back end up as her tail tried to smack him lightly a few times, inviting him in and lulling him like that seductress she was.

For a brief moment, she thought about the cute and sweet aspects of all this, the potential to have a lover that would cherish her that she could love back. But she knew that was never destined for her and there was no way she would ruin this moment with nonsense fantasies.
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
Content Warning
05-04-2022, 01:36 PM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
Jun could not miss the need in her growl as his teeth bit at her hips, a smirk of pride finding home on his features. While Jun did not care about vanity, he did care deep about desires, about needs. He'd pleasure any lady, not that he would tell that to Serenity now. Only an idiot would do that. The only thing on his mind was her, her, and more of her.

Serenity's scent was intoxicating and he felt himself go limp on it. Dizzy and only thinking of her, her growl became more prominent and he growled a reply back, "Patience," before she had put her hind into the air, on display for him. 

Her tail caught traction against his face and with a puff of air, he blew it away. It returned again, this time he nipped it with his teeth as a warning. His shoulder would bump her thigh as his head lowered, nose bridge coming close to her heat, but not close enough. Purposefully, he'd tease her. He wouldn't make her beg— a lady should never have to. This...this was just a bit of fun; the teasing. The setting, he thought, was perfect for her. Flowers in a field, secluded behind the green mountains. Just him, and her, for the tim being.

Jun was no man to leave a woman wanting. He preferred to finish what he had started, and he knew what he was getting into the moment she nestled herself beside him in the flower patch. It was no secret now that he had wonderings of his own. That he, too, was a monstrous beast in bed. 

A starving one, at that. 

He could not resist his hunger, the temptation, so gave in. Gave in to her, doing what she wanted; taking what he wanted. And what he wanted...was everything.

fade to black

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
Content Warning
05-04-2022, 03:57 PM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
Patience, he told her, but she had very little of that remaining. Thankfully though, it seemed his was quickly losing his as well. She felt the nip of his teeth, a light warning that she found herself longing for. Her body was ready and even as he teased her, she let out a soft whimper, wanting and needing him more and more. Thankfully though, he didn't make her beg for it and finally gave in to the temptation they both needed.

-Fade to black-

Her breaths came as pants as she laid on the ground, her tail flicking back and froth as her body finally began to relax. She needed that and by the sound of everything before hand, he did too. She knew she wasn't the only woman and that tying this man down would never work, so she wouldn't try it. However, she had no problems with stealing him away for another night. "This may be a one night stand between us, but I hope you don't mind me coming back for seconds." Her voice was still slightly gruff, slowly coming down from the high they just experienced. 

Brown eyes would flicker to him, watching him closely as soft smirk rested on her face. He filled her with intrigue and she wanted to learn more about him, both in and out of the bed.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
Adventurer
Content Warning
05-04-2022, 06:12 PM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
Jun hadn't understood the depths of which he needed something like this— with her. With her, life didn't feel as crazy as it was. Not entirely, anyway. This also could've been the post-sex euphoria melt that had gobbled his mind up.

He would fall to his stomach in the grass, pulling her close to his chest if she let him. At her question, he'd pull his head up to look her in the eye. Gently, if she allow, his muzzle would come to contact with her cheek, something he did out of pure instinct to make sure that she didn't feel as though he were to abandon her.

"This will only be a one time thing if you want it to be." He'd purr in her ear, satisfied that she'd taken a liking to him, seeing that she wanted to see him again. He took it to his pride that her voice was cut raw, "But I'll tell you that I don't just fuck and dump, Serenity. And I'm assuming I'll be seeing you quite a bit."

If she allowed him, his forepaw would trace her shoulder down to her ribs, and repeatedly a few times. Jun's head would lay in the soft grass, cheek to the ground. His heart had finally caught up to him, the beating residing to a normal pace. He swore his head was still spinning, but he welcomed the feeling.

the staff team luvs u
05-04-2022, 06:21 PM
The woman was slightly shocked as he pulled her closer, though made no move to resist it and instead, after a moment of hesitation, snuggled into his side. This was entirely new and unknown territory to her, that much was clear. The contact to her cheek made her melt into him, her tense body no longer as a soft whimper escaped her lips. What was this? She thought that typically it was fuck and dump, or at least that's what she was used to. She wasn't used to... whatever this was. 

She opened her mouth to say something, but hesitated, for the first time during this whole interaction, she was unsure of what to say. Her tail thumped against the ground and finally she seemed to gather her thoughts. "Then what is it?" Her voice was soft, barely above a whisper, as if she was scared if she spoke to loud, all of this would fade away. Her heart was thudding in her chest and her head was spinning. But, she didn't mind either. 

Slowly, she would lay her head down, nuzzling into him as she accepted the skin to skin contact. Regardless of what he answered, she was content for now.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-04-2022, 07:08 PM
Jun could feel her body melt against his, the tension dissipating in the air. It was a nice feeling, a deep feeling of comfort he craved. He wondered what he thought of it; wondered how she had normally been treated. There has been a plethora of times in the past where Jun has met females that say they didn't deserve or receive any aftercare after intimacy, which shocked him. 

When she would ask him what this was, he froze. Jun wasn't...well, yes, he didn't want a commitment. Not yet, not now. "A strong bond we have, I suppose." He would smile, shifting his body weight slightly to make himself more comfortable.

He'd allow her to nestle into his fur for as long as she wanted to. He wasn't planning on going anywhere on such a beautiful day, hidden in an alcove. Her previous question kept perplexing him, though, had she been treated differently? The man would hope not, see as she was a daunting lover in bed.

Nevertheless, he would mindlessly stroke her back with his paw, whilst also lulling himself to a midday nap— yeah, that didn't sound too bad.

the staff team luvs u
05-04-2022, 07:29 PM
The woman felt him tense next to her and in turn did the same. She was worried that the man wanted a relationship, something that emotionally she wasn't ready for. Not only did she hardly know the man, other than in the bedroom, but she also had to think about the kid she was taking care of. She was sure that if he knew about that he would turn tail and run in the opposite direction. However, it seemed she had similar thoughts as him, not ready to tie down entirely. A sigh of relief escaped her as she snuggled into him. This meant that she could just forget about this and only have physical ties to this man if she wanted which, as she didn't know how to do anything else, that's what she would stick with. 

With a simple nod, the woman would close her eyes, content to stay here as long as possible. Or, at least for the duration of a nap. Her breathing started to slow as she was lulled into a light sleep, her mind racing but her body content. Anything she had to worry about could wait until later.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top