Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
I can see the truth

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
Group Only
Nightwalkers
03-26-2022, 12:25 AM
@Vengeance shitty post is shitty cus what is writing halp

The world had moved on without him, it seemed - but he didn't mind. As no one visited him, the stormcloak had retreated into the safety of his own bubble for the winter. It wasn't on purpose at first, the whole being alone thing, but nearing the beginning of spring he found himself avoiding others more regularly. He watched from the shadows the ongoing matters within the Reach, mindlessly did his duties before nightfall and then slumbered for a few hours - never more than three or four. The cycle gave him some sense of stability and structure, but really he was just wrecking himself, until today when he decided it was about time to break free of the self-loathing.

He wandered their woods with a sense of purpose. He had taken a bath for the first time in what seemed like forever that morning, and his coat was still drying as he searched for something to do.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
Hunter
03-26-2022, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2022, 01:32 AM by Vengeance. Edited 1 time in total.)
Things were slowly moving back into motion. Winter had been slow for the Nightwalkers overall but as the grounds thawed so did they. Every cog churning and moving to assist in creating the larger picture he was hoping to paint over time here in the new world. Eris was now pregnant and soon Morag would be again, bringing new life to the Reach once more and building their army. This year would be theirs to conquer—he could feel it.

That itch that grew stronger the closer he came to seeing his desires come within his reach.

With the Elkshire children growing curious of how their parental other-half lived, what he could offer them that Célnes could not; things were coming together a lot smoother than he had ever planned.

And now Almight was on the move again. Vengeance could smell his path being carved through the woods in a different pattern than it had been over the past few months. With this new development, he chose to follow the eldest Rache child. Tracing his every sluggish move away from the routine slog and listening for what might have been the cause of shit sudden shift should Vengeance be approaching an interesting scene...

Nothing.

Nothing but the silence that met his ears at least. The distant bellowing of elk screeching through the afternoon as Almight's dark figure approached in the distance. “You finally rise.”

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
03-26-2022, 01:52 AM
Some part of him expected Grumble to be the first to greet him. It always seemed like she had some kind of radar for anywhere he went and anything he did. The silence felt much deadlier without her around, like when you noticed the birds stopped singing when danger lurked ahead. He couldn't exactly pinpoint his feelings about her, but as she had been such a constant factor in the past... Gods, did he actually miss that slobbering, mangy excuse for a woman? No, no this moment was more like breaking free from a captor.

His brows raised at the approaching figure of his father. It was only natural for the Warlord to know of things happening in his woods, but Almight hadn't thought the resurrection of his son would be enough to lure the behemoth out. Perhaps it was simply morbid curiosity that led him to seek him out, to see what his failed Rache son was up to now that he wasn't feeling sorry for himself anymore - but, in a way, it almost felt like he cared.

Almight smirked. “Spring is the season of rebirth.” He answered the nonquestion. “It was about time.”

He couldn't promise that, once the world died around him again, he would not die with it - all he could promise was that he would rise as many times as it would take to stay afloat.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
03-29-2022, 08:13 PM
Lethargic—it was a singular word that came to mind when Vengeance saw Almight. He was given the title of Scion and yet has done nothing with it thus far other than hide away for a season. “I better be.” He drawled with tangible ennui in his tone. But it was no threat from the Boss himself to the Scion. No, there was no hint of malice in his words toward the man who said he was his son.

“My children are growing older with more to come. One might challenge you someday if you keep sulking.” If it were him as one of the children, he would see Almight as weak and an easy title to snag as soon as he got the chance. There were no rules after all on how one stripped the previous holder of a rank, including Boss, to the both of them had to keep on their toes.

To be beaten and stripped of their rank by someone who was merely a year old... surely that would be something to be depressed about. It made the Warlord grin a toothy smirk.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
Counsellor
04-06-2022, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2022, 10:23 PM by Almight. Edited 1 time in total.)
He was used to the no-love approach from his father, so his words hurt him little. There was only one real way the Warlord could motivate him, and shape him to his will; praise whatever he did right, and ignore the rest. Almight was very much someone who already received enough criticism from the voice within his head - but to get a compliment? It would mean the world to him, and, in a way, he was and would be chasing that end for the rest of his days.

“I fear you underestimate how badly I want to be of use.” He responded airily. “I will crush even your precious sons and daughters to stay where I belong.” But, truly, he wished to do no such thing. Perhaps he could instead befriend those who sought to challenge him, earn their respect or at least their willingness to listen in some way. He had no use for more enemies.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
05-02-2022, 09:11 PM
It seemed the prodding had helped light some kind of fire under Almight's ass to get him into gear. “Then be useful.” He spat callously. Shoving his metaphorical finger into the already set wound. If the boy wanted a compliment he had to work for it and not just lay about with his head in the dirt.

“You may have to one day.” After all, even if Almight didn't want to fight any of his siblings - who was to say the feeling was mutual with them? If he wasn't careful, one of his younger siblings might take his kindness to their advantage... and oh what a delicious sight that would be.

the staff team luvs u
05-26-2022, 12:30 PM
He almost wanted to respond; "then use me..." but he felt it was better to keep his mouth shut. The time had grown static, and there was little for him to do without directly turning to violence. He'd think of something, he'd show he could provide for this horror-show of a pack just as much as his father.

He clicked his tongue as he licked his teeth. “I'm looking forward to it.” He answered, finally turning and walking past Vengeance. If not stopped or interrupted, he'd return to his den for the night to think of something to impress him.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
scroll to top