Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Here or There?

Sunrise Sunny/Clear
AW
Adventurer
03-28-2022, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 07:18 AM by mysterydead. Edited 1 time in total.)
[Image: wolf-white-2.jpg]
"It's not what you look like
that matters,
it's what you see"
[narrow width=350]The woman moved swiftly through the area, cocking her head to the side as she looked around. She has just woken up and wasn't entirely sure where she was. For the most part, she figured this was a dream, but as she continued to wonder through the area, it became more and more clear to her that this was her new reality. She had no clue why or how she was here, but she figured she might as well try to get an idea of the area. Sniffing the air, she slowed to a halt, letting out a soft howl as she called for anyone that may be in the idea. She figured it might not be a good idea, but she also hoped that someone would be able to come and help her out a little. She did know, however, that it could also lead to a dangerous situation. [/narrow]

the staff team luvs u
PM me if I don't reply within 3 days.
Roslyn's Account
[Image: ezgif-5-4e47669b0e.gif]
Notes
Mystery has scars running from her shoulders to the middle of her back.
Her left ear is torn off and her tail bitten off half way.
Paladin
Nightwalkers
03-28-2022, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 10:14 AM by Aries. Edited 1 time in total.)
It was early, wayyyy too fuckin' early, but Aries moved anyways with long strides as he sought the hazy pasture for a fresh catch. He would probably return with a hare or some measly rodents, it would have to do, but what he didn't expect to find was some dam sniffin' around and callin' for just about anyone. The last thing she wanted was just anyone answering. Not here.

The firebrand watched from the edge of the pasture where the trees thinned as his gaze licked her. Maybe she had a pretty face under the scars, but with the distance, it was hard to tell. Don't think ya wanna do that, Doll. Do what exactly was a little unclear, but as far as he was concerned his warning could apply to a few things. She may have evidence of hardships on her skin, but that didn't mean she should be here or that she would be able to defend herself. Boogeyman don't like company. If he did it wouldn't be the company she wanted.

the staff team luvs u
03-28-2022, 05:10 PM
that matters,
it's what you see"
[narrow width=350]Not long after she lowered her head down did she catch the faint sound of footfalls. It sounded like only one creature so she wasn't entirely on high alert. She did lift her head, however as he approached, looking him up and down for a moment before she caught his words. Cocking her head to the side, she lifted herself off of the ground, watching him closely. "Is that a threat or a warning?" She asked quietly, though she seemed to keep herself calm. She did, however, tense her back legs, ready to spring forward to meet an attack should one come towards her. As he spoke of boogeymen, she found herself chuckling softly. "Are you the boogeyman I should be scared of?" She leaned forward just enough to sniff the air around him, trying to see if he was apart of a pack or if he was a loner like her.  [/narrow]

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
03-28-2022, 10:15 PM
She hardly moved save for lifting herself off the ground. It wasn't a retreat, but it was a start he supposed. Aries stepped closer despite the tension in her limbs. He wasn't afraid of getting a little dirty and surely he could handle himself if she tried something stupid. What do you think, Sweetheart? It wasn't an invitation that's for sure. The man would only stop as she continued her questions, a cackle erupting from his throat as he threw his head back. Me? Hell naw. You'll smell the Boss long before he gets ya. Of course the reek of Blackwood bled even here so who could say how close @Vengeance truly was.

Don't get it twisted, I ain't no rat though. He'd step forward again, head lowered as he came close enough to really get a good look at her before turning to circle like a shark in water. So, if ya want my advice...don't be stupid. If she tried to leave he wouldn't stop her. It was the smart move unless she was as crazy as the rest of them. But hey, maybe she wanted to play? Maybe she'd want to run with them.

the staff team luvs u
03-28-2022, 11:14 PM
that matters,
it's what you see"
[narrow width=350]She kept her legs tense even as he showed no sign of attacking her. Either way, she couldn't be too careful. After all, she was much smaller than he was and with the way he carried himself, one could also assume he had been in several fights himself. At his comment in regards to her threat question, she narrowed her eyes slightly but remained still. Not only was it a bad idea to turn her back on this man, but she would be lying if she said she wasn't intrigued. At the mention of his 'boss' the woman cocked her head to the side slightly in question, catching the scent of a pack on him. Now her interest grew ever so slightly more. "Boss?" She didn't have much time to sit and think about it though as he stepped closer to her, his head lowered. She could tell he was taking a good look at her, but she still tensed up, lowering her head to keep her neck from being in a place he could easily reach. Turning her head as he circled her, she didn't move her body but she did keep her eyes on him the whole time. "Then tell me, what is your goal in all of this? If you wanted to kill me, you would have done so already or at least attacked me by now." She made no move to run or back down and the small glint in her eyes showed that she found this rather interesting, though she was still on guard and unsure of this man. [/narrow]

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
03-28-2022, 11:48 PM
Aries would only smile as she parroted back his words. Where's the fun in giving away all the answers? Sometimes a little mystery was needed and frankly if she was an average wolf the less she knew the better. But she wasn't exactly average now was she? This woman carried more on her skin than half their ranks and the Nightwalkers weren't exactly known for sitting on their asses pushin' daisies.

Now the gal was askin' the right questions.

What did he want? She was right. Had his temper been raised he would hold no hesitation tearing into flesh, but the day was still young. Would ya rather I have? Wasn't too late. He was close enough to flip that switch, but she didn't seem scared quite yet. Not in the way she should be. Guess that depends. He'd stop his pace straightening before her once more as he raised his head, You're the one who called, ain'tcha? Best start explain' or get lost while I still have half the mind to ignore ya.

the staff team luvs u
03-29-2022, 12:01 AM
that matters,
it's what you see"
[narrow width=350]Her eyes watched him closely, noting his smile at her words but said nothing of it. She wasn't the type to ask all the questions at once. Better to wait until she learned more before asking other questions. His words made her chuckle slightly, her tail swaying slightly behind her. "Anytime you wish to fight, I'll always accept" She said simply before slowly moving towards him as he stopped pacing, now taking the time to move around him in the same way he walked around her. She would use this time to look him up and down. "You're right, I am the one that called so I'll be plain and simply. I wish to join you." Her words were blunt and straight to the point, watching him with a curious expression. She didn't know if he would even think about her request but she figured there was only one way to find out. After a full circle around him, she would move to sit down right in front of him, looking up at him as he was slightly taller than her. She waited patiently for his response, her body still tense but more relaxed than it was before. After all, why would one spend all this time talking to someone, just to try and kill them? [/narrow]

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Paladin
03-29-2022, 12:39 AM
That really what you want, Doll? How easy to say so when you felt like you were the one in control. He cared little for her circling or what she might decide to do. Aries wasn't one so easily intimidated nor one to back down from a fight. If a fight is what she wanted then a fight she would get, but he still didn't move quite yet. Not until he heard those magic words.

You make a habit of blindly stickin' ya nose in stink or am I just an exception? The firebrand spoke slowly as he rose to his paws, a wave of tension flowing into his muscles loading them like springs. The Nightwalkers weren't for the faint of heart but at least this one could stand her ground. That was more than most who blindly begged to join he supposed. Unfortunately, they weren't the nicest about accepting new faces. She would have to earn her place.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
03-29-2022, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 07:18 AM by mysterydead. Edited 1 time in total.)
that matters,
it's what you see"
30/30 - rolled a 4 [narrow width=350]Hearing his words, she couldn't help but smirk slightly. No matter where she went that seemed to be one thing that never changed. No one really expected females to fight well or to enjoy fighting in general. Of course she did like talking her way out of things, but every now and then a good fight with someone of equal or higher skill was fun. His next words made her shake her head slightly, a small smile still on her lips. 

"Typically no, but you intrigued me and talk of your 'boss' caught my attention. After all, from what I've gathered from you and your boss, your pack seems like the perfect place for someone like me." With that, she lifted herself onto all four feet, lowering her body slightly to the ground as she saw him tense himself up. If a fight were to happen, she wouldn't complain. Her head lowered slightly and watched him with narrowed eyes. Her ears pinned back against her head as she spoke up. "Ready or not, here I come." 

She noted that he readied himself without attacking her straight out which she admired. Too many creatures would attack without any warning to try and gain the upper hand. A fair fight was something she always would always enjoy. After a few seconds, she would lunge towards him, her head lowered as she aimed for his left shoulder, trying to keep her neck and stomach protected from any counter attacks.  [/narrow]

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Paladin
03-29-2022, 02:45 AM
26/30 I also rolled a 4 lol

Alright, maybe she actually had some bite behind her bark. Course he expected her scars to be from some kind of beating not openly sought fights, but she may just be Nightwalkers material after all. Of course, there was only one way to find out. I'll be the judge of that. Should she be worth something the woman would still need to pass through Vengeance, but at least then she'd have someone vouching for her skin.

She lowered herself with flattened ears seemingly picking up what he had unintentionally put down. Honestly, she was probably lucky it had been him who found her versus Venny. Not all of them were willing to give such a tell, hell even he was a hair-trigger, but it was too early for his flame to be more than a spark. He'd let her make the first move, the pause between them enough to get his blood pumping before she finally lunged.

A flash of fangs aimed for his shoulder, their distance and her target just far enough that he had time to lean away earning a graze over a secure hold. Naturally, he would want to grapple for a trumping blow, but her neck was hardly an option. Instead, he'd lean into his steps and try to grab just above her knee. If he couldn't powerhouse her then he could at least slow her.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
03-29-2022, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 07:18 AM by mysterydead. Edited 1 time in total.)
that matters,
it's what you see"
[narrow width=350]She huffed slightly as she felt her attack graze him, though impressed by how fast he was.  She did give him ample time to prepare though, so it wasn't too crazy. She could still feel the blood on her tongue as her tongue lapped at her teeth. Spinning quickly on her front paw, she attempted to right herself before she tried to aim her next attack. As she did so though, she saw him aim at her leg. With a growl, she twisted her body away from him, feeling his teeth scrape against her skin but not close enough to grip around her forearm.
Taking a few seconds to right herself, she pushed off of her back legs, keeping herself low to the ground. She was smaller than him so she needed to try and use her quickness to her advantage. She tried to snap at his side, hoping to grab flesh as she bit down. He was a decent fighter, but she was here to show him that she wasn't one to back down and run from a fight.   [/narrow]

26/30 - rolled a 3 xD

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Paladin
03-29-2022, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 07:15 AM by Aries. Edited 1 time in total.)
oh yeah the bot loves us rolled a 2 lmaooo aries is 23/30

Likewise she moved just fast enough for his fangs to graze. Aries would spit the stray fur caught in his mouth as she pushed away, twisting to regain her composure. His gaze quickly snapped to find her as she surged again, this time her body low as she aimed for his side. Realistically he might have some leg, but she was probably faster on hers. This game of dodge and weave was never his style nor would it tip in his favor if she continued, so he allowed her to come.

Aries would wait for her to get close, enough for her fangs to meet their mark even, before shoving his weight into her. If he timed it well he could get her to stumble or even trip, then he just needed a good hold to secure a win. Rather or not he managed to shove the woman back his fangs would follow shortly after to bite the closest thing in reach.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
03-29-2022, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 07:18 AM by mysterydead. Edited 1 time in total.)
that matters,
it's what you see"
[narrow width=350]She could tell that she was much quicker than him, something that she would use to her advantage as much as possible. As she lunged towards his side, she noticed that he wasn't moving away from her. At first, she thought it was because she was much quicker than him however as he pushed himself towards her attack, she realized how wrong she was. He was just biding his time and using his weight against her. She wasn't able to get the bite on him that she wanted to, mostly getting fur instead. She felt him push against her but kept herself righted with her nimble legs. Jumping back slightly, she narrowly avoided his teeth, though she did feel them scrape against her maw. Using the momentum from pushing backwards, she jumped forward from her back legs, attempting to latch herself onto the side of his neck. She didn't want to kill him, so she didn't aim for his throat, instead hoping to grab onto the meaty part of his neck near his shoulder. [/narrow]

24/30 - rolled a 7! Finally a high number lol

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Paladin
03-29-2022, 07:47 AM
16/30 rolled a 4

A hair too slow and her far too slippery to keep where he wanted. Teeth would graze her once again as she leaned her muzzle just out of reach from the snap of his fangs. The clack that came surely echoed through the pasture as a frustrated growl rose deep in his throat. She couldn't fuckin' dodge forever and if she did then she was a coward. Even cowards got lucky though. Aries would lunge in the same beat as the woman, but it was her fangs who slipped by with that extra momentum. He could feel the pierce in his skin curl his lip as she latched near his shoulder. It was a sharp pain, sure, but now he was angry and she had nowhere to run. With her shoulder near his face, he'd look to do the same, grabbing hold wherever was most fleshy.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
03-29-2022, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 08:04 AM by mysterydead. Edited 1 time in total.)
that matters,
it's what you see"
[narrow width=350]Finally she got a good hold on him. Sinking her fangs into his shoulder, she would have smirked if she wasn't concerned with keeping her hold on him. However, now that she was there, there was no more dodging and hiding. She could release and back away, but that would make her whole goal pointless. Instead, she kept her hold, feeling him reach out to grab her. As he snapped at her though, she would thrash back and forth, attempting to pull against her hold but at the same time trying to keep her body as far away from his jaws as possible. She still felt him sink his top fangs into her shoulder however, though it wasn't a full bite down. Though it still hurt, she was more concerned with continuing with her attack, trying to twist and yank her hold. She didn't want to maim him so she had no intentions of ripping out chucks of his skin, however, she did want to open the wound a bit more and get him to submit. [/narrow]

20/30 - rolled a 9

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Paladin
03-29-2022, 12:00 PM
7/30 rolled a 2 lets goooo

Even at close proximity he only managed to grapple half the hold he wanted. Maybe he was fuckin' rusty with all the quiet in Blackwood. It's been a long time since someone passed by their neck of the woods, but hell he didn't think he had let himself go that much. God forbid he went soft over some kids he didn't even want in the first place. The woman twisted at his skin, dragging her fangs as she pulled his wounds wider.

He could only hiss as he struggled to keep what little grip he had on her. This was going to be over fast if he couldn't land one decent blow, but hell if he was goin' down without a fight. Grunting through the pain he'd try to close his jaw to at least keep her close since she was so insistent on pulling away. If he could manage that much then maybe he could move just enough to try and find a position to topple and pin her.

the staff team luvs u
03-29-2022, 03:42 PM
He heard the call and came. Although it seemed that Aries had beat him to it seeing that the two were already chatting while the Warlord came peering out from Blackwood. He couldn't hear from here what they were talking about, however, he could see the two had agreed to a fight. After all, rarely did most fights spurred on by aggression would begin with calm chatter.

From here he would keep his distance and simply watch. If this was her initiation to prove her worth to join the Nightwalkers, he could judge from here without interrupting. So far she showed great promise and hoped his assumptions were right.

Skippable until fight is over!

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
03-29-2022, 05:39 PM
that matters,
it's what you see"
[narrow width=350]She knew she was doing damage but this man was tough. She was impressed by how resilient he was. She could feel the blood on her shoulder and other various parts of her body, but she knew she needed to continue on. She knew first hand how quickly a fight can turn.
Risking it, she let go of her hold on his shoulder in an attempt to snap her fangs down on a more sensitive part of his body. She attempted to snap at his throat, trying to use her small frame to move under him. She didn't want to kill him, but if she could get her jaws around his throat, she might be able to get him to submit.
As she did so, she felt him try and gain a better grip. Thankfully though her movements caused her to change positions. She could feel his jaws clench around her shoulder, but it seemed he mostly caught skin and fur. For now at least.
​​​​​Now she was in a potentially dangerous position though. If she missed her attack on his neck, she knew he could easily overpower her.
[/narrow]

18/30 - rolled a 2

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Paladin
03-29-2022, 10:11 PM
5/30 rolled a 10

At last he saw an opening. For some reason, she thought to give up her advantage by releasing his shoulder as she beelined for his throat. However, with the newfound freedom, he was quick to storm. Aries muscled forwards to shove his shoulder and chest into her attack. It was more or less meant to stun her while he positioned himself for a better angle, maybe if he was lucky it would do some damage too.

It was clear she wanted to slip under him so maybe it would be better if he let her. He didn't care for the wounds she would inflict. As far as he was concerned that was half the fun and it wasn't like she was out to kill him so why stress? So long as she remained standing he would snap for her nape, though he intended to grab more than just skin and fur. He wanted a grip to drag and thrash her by, but that would depend on how much fight was still left in the woman.

the staff team luvs u
03-29-2022, 11:34 PM
that matters,
it's what you see"
[narrow width=350]She knew that pushing her luck was a bad idea but she had tried it anyway. He was much quicker than she thought he would be so she was quite shocked at his speed. She felt his shoulder slam into her maw as she yelped softly.

Her teeth snapped around fur as she felt him grip her neck, yanking her around. With a yelp, she landed on the ground, letting out a low growl. Using her legs, she would try to twist until she could kick at his underside while attempting to grip his leg at the same time.

She knew being below him would be bad for her, but she figured she might as well try to make the best out of it instead of panicking. She could tell someone was watching them, but they were the least of her concerns right now.
[/narrow]

8/30 - rolled a 9

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Paladin
03-31-2022, 09:39 AM
0/30 roll for tie got a 3 so mystery 5/30 no tie

The firebrand would grin into her fur as he felt the shake in her composure. He'd have to wrestle for it, but eventually, he managed to slam her to the ground even if she was kicking and biting the whole way. If she was smart she would stop now before she really got hurt, but the woman was persistent if anything. It was only in her reduced flailing that he caught the hulking form of @Vengeance near the edge of the woods.

So ya did come.

Aries couldn't be sure if their eyes actually met or not, but in his distraction he had failed to properly hold down the woman and make her submit. A kick landed with his chest bringing him back to the fight as he was forced to cough. Nature caused him to recoil, though he wouldn't step off without one last jerk of his head before he fully let go of the woman. He wasn't sure how long Vengeance had been standing there, but it had to be long enough. He'd snort as he stepped back, hoping to avoid any last blows she decided to throw his way before he managed to embaress himself infront of the boss.

Aight, Aight, that's enough. At least for now. Even if it was a friendly fight the words were said with a snarl as he finished clearing his throat from that last hit. He hated losing, but he'd still chalk it up to morning drowsiness. Aries would eye her until he was certain she was done before looking back towards their overseer. Whaddya think, Boss? She good enough for ya?! He'd raise his voice just enough to carry the distance before ultimately leaving the verdict for the only one who really had a say.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
03-31-2022, 09:41 PM
Ultimately Aries lost. A bitter pill to swallow he was certain but even Vengeance knew you could not win them all. It didn't mean he wouldn't hang it over Aries' head either. The man liked to push his buttons so when the Boss had something against the firebrand, it wouldn't be forgotten.

“Show her around.” Was all he said from the distance of which he stood, loud enough to share the decision that she could now be a part of the pack. They had use for individuals like her, provided she could also listen to orders unlike a certain special little brat.

He would meet her personally on a different day. For now she had much to be shown, rules to be told and rest to have after the scuffle with Aries. Surely the man wouldn't be too pleased staying in the company of the woman who bested him in battle, but that made it all the more sweeter. Turning with a flick of his tail, he returned to the mist to meet with the woman another time.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
03-31-2022, 10:01 PM
She panted softly as she felt him get shoved away from her, twisting her body to stand up. By the time she did though, the male in front of her stated he had enough. A small smirk graced her lips for a moment as pride filled her. She won. And it was a hard fought battle too. Still, she wasn't one to gloat or hold it over him, after all she had a feeling sooner or later he would want to fight again. Now though, she could lick her wounds and finally see who was watching them the whole time. She began licking her shoulder as she heard the new voice, glancing up to see who she assumed was either the 'boss' or some sort of leader in the pack. 

His words were simply, but clear. She had proved herself, or at least enough for now. She had to stop herself from grinning as she turned back to the man she just fought. "Looks like you're stuck with me." She would wait to see what he wanted to do next, seeing as he was now tasked with showing her around. Something she was sure he wouldn't be happy about.

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
04-01-2022, 10:51 PM
Vengeance had little to say, but despite seeming to not care he passed her test before shirking further responsibilities to him. A snort pressed his nose as a reddened gaze flicked to the woman draped in shadows. He didn't care to be the welcome wagon but it seemed he had little choice in the matter. A meal would have to wait it seemed. Aries would roll his eyes but gesture with his head for her to follow into the mist of Blackwood. Aight, get goin'. No regretting decisions now. One way or another she'd be one of them and once you're family there was no getting out. Once she started for the main territory he'd follow behind her until he was sure she wouldn't chicken out, then start with a tour around the territory.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top