Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Crying Is For Wives

Afternoon Overcast 63° F
P
Discovery
04-04-2021, 05:04 PM
 Minthe woke at the bottom of a river.

Drowning hadn't been on her agenda for the day, so she kicked, pumping legs through murky dim until she broke the surface with a cough.

The sky was a singular, slate shade of gray, as unwelcoming as a threadbare doormat. Water streaked off her auburn coat in chilling rivulets. Weathering the bite of cold lest she shake and poof out her coat (appearances mattered), she strode away from the water towards a thick set of trees.

It seemed like any other kind of forest. The same one she'd been walking through before she'd woken up, rather inconveniently, under water. Minthe ran her tongue over her teeth, surveying the hunter-green needles that shot out, erect and pointed from each woody bow. 

The forest stank, too. Of others. 

And it wasn't long before she found one. “You - sunshine. What is this place?”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Minthepixel.png]
04-05-2021, 12:29 AM
"You - sunshine."

Honeyed head jerked up, ears stiff and alert as she turned to look at who had addressed her like that. She could almost hear Hades in her ear, telling her to lift her head and she did, infinitesimally, but she did all the same, regarding the woman with... surprise? Confusion? Why was she all wet?

“Hello,” She started, carefully, gently. “You're in Winterheart Forest. Are you alright?” She asked, genuine concern flickering through her as she looked her over again.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: 32742104_CtCyQBtRsKxdbdr.gif]
— Hades is welcome in any thread Persephone is in, and, may powerplay her if the need is there
— Mother, please stay out of my threads :c
Content Warning
04-05-2021, 11:22 PM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality
 “Of course I’m alright.” She huffed, affronted at the idea that she looked anything but. “Last I heard being wet wasn’t a crime. Unless you’re in front of Zeus and Hera’s around.”

She sized the girl up in all her pink and yellow innocence and she smirked. “But that’s an entirely different kind of wet.

the staff team luvs u
04-05-2021, 11:39 PM
The comment soared over her head in such a way that Persephone wasn't even fazed by it, instead frowning lightly at her attitude, ears switching back for a moment before righting themselves. “As I said,” Persephone spoke again, this time pulling her chin up lightly as Hades had taught her. The movement was automatic, instinctual. “You're in Winterheart Forest. What can I help you with?” Her voice was still sweet, but there was a new sternness to it, the concern falling from her eyes to be replaced by thinly veiled displeasure.
the staff team luvs u
— Hades is welcome in any thread Persephone is in, and, may powerplay her if the need is there
04-05-2021, 11:51 PM
 Minthe matched the golden cherub's gaze with level intensity, angling her chin just the same. She broke their impromptu staring contest, (a choice made, not a loss), to survey the forest around them.

It wasn't anything special - though Minthe was used to maudlin realms. The dead were the whiniest sons of bitches alive. Those thoughts tugged out strands of memory from her addled, water-logged mind.

Then all she could see was blue, the electric cerulean of a land she knew she'd left behind.

“You probably can't help me at all.” Because what could a toddler do for someone like her? “But, on the off chance...have you run into anyone named Hades?”

the staff team luvs u
04-06-2021, 12:00 AM
If asked later, Persephone couldn't have explained why but she bristled when the red-furred woman asked after her Hades. “He and I are establishing a pack together here.” She laid the situation out neatly, her words and tone succinct. Hades was to be her King and she his Queen; they had already agreed upon such things and she couldn't help but feel the slightest bit possessive in the face of this woman asking if she knew him. “Why are you looking for him?”
the staff team luvs u
04-06-2021, 12:10 AM
 Minthe barked out a laugh and stepped forward. 

“Oh, that's cute. Cute that Hades used his magic to squirrel himself away in some feral realm (obviously). Cute that he sent her here to follow sans warning - as what, some kind of spiteful joke?

Mkay.

“Why am I looking for him? Well, it's best to keep track of one's mate, isn't it?”

the staff team luvs u
04-06-2021, 12:20 AM
She stepped forward and Persephone matched her, ears turning back once more. Her eyes narrowed at that harsh sound, nails on a chalkboard (a reference she didn't even understand), that lurking beast rising up in her eyes to darken them. “Lies are unbecoming and ugly,” Persephone all but hissed at the woman, long tail flickering in her agitation. Hades absolutely would have told her.

Unless...

Unless he didn't remember.

Persephone did not allow the thought to adjust her expression, instead frowning harder at the intruder. “You aren't welcome here. I'll tell Hades you were looking for him and he'll come find you if he wants to.”
the staff team luvs u
04-06-2021, 12:27 AM
 Her fur bristled to spikes along her spine. “Brave of you to call me a liar. And stupid of you to think you can make me do a damn thing.” This jubilant little cunt wasn't any more important than her just because she'd fucked him last.

the staff team luvs u
04-06-2021, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2021, 12:37 AM by Persephonee.)
“Don't lie and I'll have no reason to,” the little honeyed wolf snapped, and were she any other wolf, her lips would have lifted to show her teeth in a way that her mother would have abhorred. But Persephone wasn't just any wolf, she was a Queen and more than that, she was Hades' chosen Queen. With a breath, the Goddess of Spring composed herself and lifted her head, rolling her shoulders back. “I will give you a choice. You can leave my forest and I will have Hades come find you, or you can wait here with me and I will call him for you.” They were her only options, the only avenues to seeing her "mate" that Persephone would permit.
the staff team luvs u
04-06-2021, 12:44 AM
 Minthe chose option C. 

Striding forward, she shoulder-checked the smaller wolf as she passed heading deeper into the forest. “How about I go and find him myself, hm?” Better to sow the seeds of doubt than have them picked at and destroyed by two skeptical minds. 

With a swish of her tail, Minthe trotted on towards the shadowed woods. 

[exit unless stopped]

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top