Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Qué hermosa es la naturaleza

Sunrise
AW
05-09-2023, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2023, 05:17 AM by Finn. Edited 3 times in total.)
In the heart of the forest near the heart of the island lies a small, idyllic pond. It is a place of peace and tranquility, surrounded by towering trees and lush greenery. The water is a pristine blue, reflecting the rays of the sun and creating a sparkling effect on the surface. On one side of the pond, a lone fox stands, gazing out at the beauty before her. Her coat is a deep, rich red, with streaks of gray and white under her chest. Her eyes are bright and focused, taking in the serene atmosphere around her.

On the opposite side of the pond, another wolf can be seen. Her coat is a lighter, shade of white and grey, and her eyes are a warm purple. Despite being on opposite sides of the pond, the two animals seem to share a moment of silent appreciation for the natural world around them. The forest is alive with the soft sounds of birdsong and the rustling of leaves in the breeze.

The air is sweet with the scent of wildflowers and pine. As the two animals stand in silence, it is clear that they are at peace. The pond, with its crystal-clear waters and peaceful surroundings, has brought them together in a brief moment of quiet harmony.
the staff team luvs u
- Mira mi amor, yo sigo aquí. Hoy sigo estando para ti. |3,3,3|
Discovery
05-09-2023, 03:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2023, 04:04 AM by Esmerelda. Edited 1 time in total.)
The woods that @Wake had found were beautiful, bountiful even. Far more so than their dark and formidable rock that Esmerelda had washed up upon the shores of. While she was pleased with their rocky island, with their "den" that the trees made, Esmerelda was more than happy to keep their island to themselves, to just them. Their haven of love and sex and heated touches and soft, sweet kisses. The Saltwoods would be their home, and the rocky island would be their little vacation home.

Standing here, at the pond she had found, periwinkle eyes closed as she took in the sounds around them, Esmerelda was at peace. To know that she and Wake would build a life for themselves here struck a chord of peace within her that she had never once known, not in this life or any other. A deep breath taken in, full of sea and salt and woods and flowers. A deep breath taken in, full of life. And fox.

Periwinkle eyes opened, settling almost immediately upon the other creature that stood across the small body of water. “Who are you?” She would ask, voice full of demand and possessiveness. For this was their forest and she would let everyone know, whether they questioned it or not.

the staff team luvs u
05-09-2023, 03:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2023, 05:19 AM by Finn. Edited 3 times in total.)
She would have no need to lift her head when the female spoke, having been studying her anyways. 

"Who are you?"

Her voice struck something inside her head that made her feel the need to defend herself, almost as if she was being attacked by the stranger, but took the effort to go against that. "I could ask you the same thing." She spoke out, paying special attention to keep her voice steady and calm, to show how confident she was in answering the wolf. 

Finnegan could easily smell the slight jasmine and sea salt coming off of her even from so far away, and one more thing that intrigued her. She recognized another animals scent on her, the stranger (@Wake) who had helped nurse her back to health the day before. "You're her lover aren't you?" Her voice had changed, it was still calm, but now filled with a bit of curiosity and serenity.
the staff team luvs u
05-09-2023, 05:48 AM
Yeaaah everytime you use @ to tag someone it gives them an alert! I generally use a tag when my character refers to someone else's character so they know when they're being thought of/referenced!

Immediately, her eyes narrowed. The retort of a creature that was beneath her rubbed against her fur the wrong way, making the rougher fur along her spine bristle and spike slightly. Ears turned back to show her lack of appreciation for the witty commentary that left the fox's mouth. The rather on-point assumption that she was someone's lover was something she liked even less. This one knew her sailor then?

As if the Siren of the Saltwoods would ever answer to those that did not deserve such information. This fox did not know her, even if she thought she did. “You will answer me, raposa.” The only reason the creature was not chased off then and there was because she could smell Wake upon her, faintly. It would keep the fox safe. For now.

the staff team luvs u
05-09-2023, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2023, 06:27 AM by Finn. Edited 5 times in total.)
"Make me, Hund!." She retorted, practically insulting the female before she took back her words and bowed her head slightly in a display of submission and respect. "I am Finnegan Lahue, I arrived here a couple of days ago. I'm sorry for my attitude." Finnegan would keep her head bowed before she raised it, perhaps waiting for the female to allow her to raise it again. Even though she barely knew the female, it was the natural order of things in her eyes to submit, especially with their connection to the stranger.
the staff team luvs u
05-10-2023, 03:17 AM
Make me.

Her teeth flashed suddenly as she snapped at the air, tail lashing behind her as the fox display a lack of respect and then tried to backtrack by showing some sort of fake submission. “Fix it, or I will fix it for you.” The sea-witch, while she was gentle and caring with her lover, was still a force to be reckoned with; if the fox was not careful, then she would find herself on the wrong side of those teeth that Esmerelda so willingly brandished.

“Wake knows of you?” She would demand of the other, tail more upright now than it had been in the last many days. It was apparent that this creature needed to be showed her place, if she was to be lingering in their woods.

the staff team luvs u
05-10-2023, 09:57 PM
"Fix it, or I will fix it for you"

Those words almost seemed to echo through her skull, repeating them to herself over and over again until it was practically engrained in her mind. She didn't dare to raise her head as she spoke, looking down on the ground almost like she saw small children doing when they were caught by their parents. "I'm sorry, I really am. I won't do it again." She sat there, continuing to attempt at showing her respect as another set of words ejected from her mouth. 

"Wake knows of you?"

Wake.. She must have been talking about the stranger before. "So that's what her name is? But to answer your question, yes, I know of her and she knows of me." She decided to take her chances at getting a bit more lenient with the wolf, despite knowing that one wrong move would result in her flesh being torn open by her maw.
the staff team luvs u
05-16-2023, 05:30 AM
Her cold gaze narrowed as the vixen bowed her head, watching closely for any sly move or other indication that she was up to some sort of trickery. When Esmerelda was sufficiently placated — and only then —, she exhaled forcefully in a huff; it would be the lower creature's only sign that she was released from her immediate submission. As long as she didn't act like a fool again, the merle-coated female would have no reason to unleash a viper's bite upon her, proverbial or otherwise.

“Good. If she has not run you off, I trust her decision. Throw away the chance you've been given and it will be your undoing, amiga.” Esmerelda did not truly find any sort of kinship with this one, and so "friend" was a loose, perhaps vaguely threatening term. “Your name,” She would insist, not having moved from where she stood, as if her feet were planted, rooted to the spot.

the staff team luvs u
05-16-2023, 11:51 PM
As she sat there with her head bowed, she would have absolutely no idea what kind of attacks were being pushed towards her, via verbally, eye contact, or even physical. It was then that she heard a swift exhale, nothing more than a sigh or a harrumph and with hesitation, her gaze heightened. 

"Good. If she has not run you off, I trust her decision. Throw away the chance you've been given and it will be your undoing, amiga."

Although she knew nothing about the Spanish language, nor' culture, "amiga" was close enough to "amigo" and Finn understood such a simple phrase regardless of knowing how to speak the language or not. Amiga.. That was the word she was focused on, practically the only word she heard out of the entire sentence, then again, she wasn't really looking for a "friend", but merely someone to accompany and fulfill the needs of. 

"Your name,"

"Oh, yes, I almost forgot that people actually used names when referring to others.." Her voice trailed off for a moment before she spoke once more. "Finnegan.. Finnegan Lahue to be exact, Meine Vorgesetzter." She would still refer to the female as a higher being, regardless of how much "leash" she was to be given.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Discovery
05-24-2023, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2023, 11:07 PM by Esmerelda. Edited 1 time in total.)
An ear flickered at the response, wondering idly if this one had not had much interaction with others. It would be odd, but no odder than a comment about forgetting that other creatures used names. Finnegan. An interesting name, one Esmerelda committed to memory, especially to ask Wake about when she saw her later on. She knew that not all wolves saw other creatures the same way she did, and if Wake needed her to adjust her thinking, then... Then they'd have a conversation about it. Until then...

“Well, Finnegan, what interesting things have you found in our Saltwoods, hm?” The slightest emphasis was put on 'our', though given that she had not run the little fox out, her patience held firm still. She began to move 'round the pond they stood upon the banks of, closer to the other female, watching her for any sudden movements.

the staff team luvs u
05-24-2023, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2023, 04:28 PM by Finn. Edited 2 times in total.)
"Well, Finnegan, what interesting things have you found in our Saltwoods, hm? 

Immediately she would recognize the amount of emphasis put on "our", as if she was implying that her and this "Wake" figure owned the land. When she took a moment to think about it, it somehow just didn't seem that crazy to say, after all they were here first, so whose to say it shouldn't be theirs. That was when she opened her mouth as words rolled off the vixen's tongue, "Nothing more than this 'lake'... If you could even really call it that." She paused in the middle of her sentence, perhaps she was carefully considering exactly what words to use in order to protect her body from becoming a mangled pile of unrecognizable flesh.

"Actually!" The fox would blurt out a series of words, most likely too fast for the wolf to even understand. "I did find a freshwater pond in the middle of the island somewhere.. it was when I was with this "Wake" of yours. When she claimed me.." Finnegan left a bit of room after the final word, unable to help but at least sway her tail from side to side in a quite excited manner. She expected the wolf to at least be a little surprised by this news, but then again, maybe it was a common occurrence for Wake, to take control of beings and then devour them when no longer useful, when they were no longer to provide a service, whether labor or something much more sinister. But no, she couldn't think like that right now, there was still hope for her life.. for now.
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
05-27-2023, 11:16 PM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Oppression
  • Possible oppression, manipulation, definitely ownership over another being.
I'm so sorry for her ksjfjhgvadfb

Nothing more than the pond. Esmerelda could have sneered, and while her expression did not change, the glint in her eyes showed a flash of something that would not bode well for the other if she did not prove herself a boon to them and what they sought to build here upon this island. And then the fox exclaimed again, speaking of... another pond. Was water all she cared about?

And then the fox said something that pushed the merle-coated witch closer to the edge than before. With a swift pounce, she sought to trap the little vixen beneath her paws, teeth bared and a low, vicious growl filling the air surrounding them. She could hear the birds above them cease in their twittering, silent now that the promise of violence laced the pretty land. “Wake may own you but she did not claim you.” She had claimed her, and these lands for them but that was all Esmerelda would allow. She would be the Siren to her Sailor and would allow no other being, wolf or not, to threaten that.

“Repeat after me: I am a pet, and nothing more.” She would make sure that the fox knew her place, there and then.

the staff team luvs u
05-28-2023, 12:27 AM
No! Don't be, I'm fine with all this, if not enjoying how it's playing out!

“Repeat after me: I am a pet, and nothing more.”

The sentence rang out through the heavens above as the wolf pounced and dug her talons through my fur and partially into my skin, pinning me as a low growl escaped her maw, revealing her teeth, god the potential they had to inflict wounds. She reluctantly repeated exactly as she was told, "I am a pet, and nothing more." The words were weak, barely audible as Finn laid there helplessly, at the mercy of Wake's lover. "I swear I didn't mean to upset you, I-I-I just made a mistake, I misunderstood, that's all!" Finn protested out, stammering as she struggled to think of words to somehow increase her chances of survival.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
05-28-2023, 12:48 AM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Abuse
The words were repeated and yet she was not satisfied. Again,” She would demand, tail arched over her back, dominance displayed in a way that none could challenge or question. This fox would know her place or she would die. There were no chances to be spared, now.

the staff team luvs u
05-28-2023, 12:56 AM
"Again"

That word, that one word had so much.. so much power in Finnegan's fate. But still, she repeated, doing exactly as told. "I am a pet, and nothing more." The words got caught up in my throat for a moment, causing me to sputter out the words unevenly, but at least they were louder this time. At least they were loud enough to maybe soothe the hunger of the female's want, no.. need for dominance. "I am a pet, and I am nothing more than a pet!" Finnegan exclaimed this again, adding a bit more onto the sentence even though the figure had not asked her to.
the staff team luvs u
05-28-2023, 01:03 AM
Without another word, Esmerelda would snap her teeth in the creature's face, a threat, a warning; the only one that she would ever get from the siren. With that, she would take her leave, irritated and possessive and jealous. It would not take much of anything for the woman to set her teeth upon the creature and run her out. Or better yet, kill her.

Esme exits!

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
Formation
05-28-2023, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2023, 01:41 AM by Finn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Since I was thinking about ending it, I thought maybe we could either start a new thread or you could join in on the thread me and Wake were participating in (Unbecoming) if you would like. Otherwise, just let me know how you want to proceed!

As the female snapped her jaws in Finnegan's face, there wouldn't even be a flinch, most likely because she was quite used to this oppressive behavior, how the female had treated her. She didn't dare to speak, not even to open her mouth as the wolf walked away, seemingly having spared her life. It was now that Finnegan would 'step up her game', taking hours to search the island for something, anything useful. It wasn't until and hour past mid day that she would find something, the sound of rushing water. 

Finnegan darted towards the sound, using her cone like ears to pinpoint the sound until she could finally see the source of it. There, in her gaze, was a waterfall, crystal clear that was surrounded by flowers of all colors, ones that Finn couldn't even name. The waterfall led to a river that you could see the bottom of with ease. Trout, salmon, bass, coy, sunfish, and bluegills swam around, filling the area with life. Finn's stomach would growl then, revealing to herself just how hungry she was as her head plunged into the cold water, snapping her jaws around a rather large trout. She would practically break it in two, a deafening *CRUNCH*, dragging the new found meal to the shores edge and practically swallowing it whole. 

Out of curiosity the fox would wade through the water until it became necessary for it to doggy paddle its way across the riverbed and then slipping behind the waterfall, a visible gap enticing her closer. When she walked through the rush of falling water, she was nearly knocked down, but managed to regain her footing and continue stepping through, into the cave. Her eyes lit up. The cave was filled with a vibrant blue light, bioluminescent creatures clearly thriving in the place as it forked off in two directions. When she chose the right path it simply led only deeper into the crust and mantle of the earth. So instead, she walked back out and into the left, following a relatively flat path through the caverns.

A sudden sparkled caught her attention, causing it to turn in the direction of the light which she followed contently. It was then she would walk inside of something beautiful.. it was a giant geode filled with amethyst shards, a clear mineral deposit for the cave that seemed to be lit up by some sort of electrical light source, possibly left behind by humans. Once the fox had gotten her fill, she stepped out of the cave and back through the waterfall, most likely cleansing the scent off her which would in turn effectively hide the area from any creatures that were sniffing around.

Now tired, and more importantly, filled with a decent meal, she made her way through the foliage until she found an out cove, one that was covered by a rock at a steep incline where she would lay her head to rest and eventually fall asleep. That was, until she was awoken by wake.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top