Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
is this the real world

Afternoon Sunny/Clear 55° F
AW
04-03-2021, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 08:14 PM by Iona. Edited 1 time in total.)
Her eyes were heavy, refusing to open with ease. It was as if her body did not wish to awaken from her sleeping state and part of her wanted not to struggle against it. So she remained still, sleeping on soft bedding of grass surrounded by flowers.

A violet eye managed to peek through to take in a small portion of her surroundings and found nothing she recognized. Where was she? How did she get to this place? There were so many questions that flooded her mind with one glance. It was enough to convince her to remain asleep and so she did. Her white fur contrasted with the floral around her as she rested in a curled-up form. The she-wolf had decided to face those questions later on.   

the staff team luvs u
04-04-2021, 07:58 PM
^^
@Aerasha was nowhere to be found. Granted she did not promise to remain with the traveling group forever, especially with spring approaching quickly and thus the heat of which she stated multiple times was not something she enjoyed... but oh how the little Empress had wished the woman had told her she was heading away instead of vanishing the way she did. At least when she could be certain the woman was fine and not lost as well.

Soon the group would have to wander away from the flower field to continue their search of the lost children, and perhaps Aerasha too should they pick up her tail along the way - however, the woman was more equipped than the children to be left alone. An unfortunate choice that had to be made and the children would always come first.

But first, the pale woman would wander the flowers a little longer to find the fluffy woman before heading off - and what caught her eye was not the strange warm coated woman, but someone who reminded Reiko of her own family. A coat as pale as snow - and for a moment her heart sang as she approached, tail happily waving behind her as her voice almost spoke against her own wishes. “Hotaru? Haruki?” Her pace slowed, barely noticing the smell was different than theirs - she only hoped beyond hope that she had found one of her missing children finally, and tears stung her eyes as hope filled her chest.
^^
the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
04-08-2021, 12:27 AM
Thanks for joining me 1_face_blush

Her white fur danced with the gentle breeze that stirred the air. Iona could stay like this forever though she would have to find a better place to spend the night. For now, she enjoyed the moment while it lasted. 

Soon her nose picked up the fact that she was no longer alone yet her eyes remained closed. It wasn't till she heard the feminine voice attached to two unfamiliar names when purple eyes slowly revealed themselves. The she-wolf looked at the other wolf who bore a similar coat as her own.

“Who?” Iona ran the two names over again in her mind but her memory failed her once more. “Oh, I’m Iona.” She said as she rose from her sleeping posture and gave herself a good stretch. It was frustrating not remembering much of her moments before waking from what felt like a long slumber and it showed in her expression. The only thing she could recall was her name.

Now that she was standing Iona could see that the wolf before her was even smaller than herself. She also couldn’t help but take notice of the beauty in her features as well. However, this caused her to unintentionally stare for a minute. “Sorry...” She let out an awkward chuckle, snapping out of her trance. “Are you looking for them?”

the staff team luvs u
04-08-2021, 01:40 AM
Oh its my pleasure! 8D

^^
Reiko's attention was purely on the pale woman in the bed of blossoms. When her eyes opened to greet the desperate mother, the violet hues almost made her heart jump straight into her chest. This had to be her daughter! The joy and desperation completely blocking out logic, the young mom simply wanted to find at least one of her children more than anything and she couldn't unsee Hotaru in this woman's face.

She smiled and grew happier with every passing second, only for it to fade just as quickly as the woman in question was confused by the names tossed at her. Her voice didn't sound like Hotaru's sweet voice either. Iona, this wasn't her daughter - and Reiko's posture dropped. Her tail falling to the ground in a neutral position as it touched the flower's pollen centers. “”

Embarrassed, her eyes fell to the ground. Looking past the colorful blossoms and beyond them as she withdrew into thought. “My apologies.” Glancing up at the woman now named Iona, Reiko offered a sheepish smile from under her blackened lashes.

“” A pause as she felt her face grow a little warmer. “You look just like my daughter.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-14-2021, 11:46 PM
Sorry for the delay. Been a few busy days :/ Lol

Iona could see the disappointment in the wolf's face and couldn't help but feel sorry for the situation. She was also surprised to hear that she resembled her daughter. “Oh, sorry."” She said with an apologetic expression. Then again, it probably shouldn't be that much of a shock seeing how similar their appearance was.

Her brain paused as she continued to stare at the other. She couldn't shake this sense of feeling when she looked at her. It was something tickling her mind like a tease. Something she was forgetting. Iona was trying hard to recall anything, but nothing came to mind as usual. “Sorry...”  Snapping her eyes away to break the eye contact.  “I can help you look for her if you want?” Finally, she spoke again with a friendly smile once her focus returned. 

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2021, 06:42 PM
it's all good! pls don't ever feel rushed <3

^^
She shook her head at the woman's apology. Surely it was the same habit that pushed Reiko to do the same when met with similar situations. To apologize even if it wasn't her fault. “It is not your fault.” After all, it was she who so desperately wished to find her children that she was now seeing them in complete and utter strangers who had a shallow resemblance to them.

Reiko didn't dare to continue to stare at the woman and let her eyes wander to the flowers beneath their toes. Avoiding her glance and thus oblivious to the stare that was shared her way briefly. The offer is what brought her back to the pale woman. Still as she sought her eyes she was reminded of sweet Hotaru and how her heart ached for her, for them, all she needed was at least the reassurance that they were okay even without her.

It hurt to look at her and yet she held her gaze. Fighting the urge to weep or give in to that blissful sorrow of a mournful mother. Instead, she smiled at the offer. “That is so very kind of you, but, I wouldn't dare drag you around too.” Although, should she insist Reiko would not deny the need for more eyes now that Druth would no longer follow and Aerasha had gone elsewhere. “However if you do see any of them, I'd greatly appreciate you letting them know mommy is looking for them. Their names are Hotaru and Haruki, they are twins.” She didn't have to explain their appearances she assumed, seeing as she mistook this lovely lady for her daughter after all.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-26-2021, 02:23 AM
  9_symbol_heart_blue 

The white she-wolf was right in saying it wasn't her fault but she truly felt for her troubles. She never had children, well not to her recollection at least, but she could imagine the feeling of missing someone precious to them. Little did she know she was, in fact, missing someone... her own family. Thankfully her stare went unnoticed by the other woman. Iona just couldn't put her finger on the feeling she felt while looking at her. It was as if her mind was trying to tell her to remember something important to her but every time she tried there was nothing...Nothing but the memory of physical pain. Soon the feminine voice caused her to brush off the thought and focus on what was before her.

“ Hotaru, Haruki.” She repeated their names, obviously for herself. She would commit them to memory along with their appearance which she didn't need the info to. Evidently, her own appearance was a good reference of what she should keep an eye out for. “ I will definitely keep an eye out for them. ” She offered a warm encouraging smile. “ Oh! I don't think I caught your name yet. ” Or maybe she did and Iona happened to forget. Either way, she wanted to remember hers as well so if luck smiled in her favor she knew who to call out for.

“  ”
the staff team luvs u
04-28-2021, 11:18 PM
^^
Nodding her head approvingly of the woman repeating the names previously shared, Reiko was glad that word was spreading at least from each individual she met. Even if it was briefly. Word could spread like wildfire among the living depending how dense the population of this new world was. “Thank you Iona, I appreciate it.” She smiled, genuinely and brightly. Someone was bound to find them and guide them back to her. It was only a matter of time.

“Ah! My apologies! My name is Reiko Izuka.” Already she could feel the warmth creeping up onto her cheeks, thinking how rude it was of her to not introduce herself first. After all, it was she who woke up Iona so rudely assuming she was her daughter. “I hope to come by here again, but I also plan on returning North to the Tundra should they ask where they can find me.”

The North, it would be their meeting place. At least narrow down the search to the Tundra if possible as opposed to all over the map and etc biome that she would cross.
^^
the staff team luvs u
05-24-2021, 01:45 AM
I'm lame  1_face_sweat_smile

“ You're welcome. I'm glad I can help, even if it's not much. ” She may not be good at many things, but maybe she could be helpful in this. The pale wolf will certainly be on the lookout for her missing children. With such a bright smile given, she couldn't help but mimic it with a version of her own. Reiko Izuka, she repeated internally. Yet another beautiful name she would certainly put to memory. “ I like your name. It's pretty. ” Was that an awkward thing to say? She wasn't quite sure but it was the truth.

Her attention returned when Reiko mentioned her next destination. The Tundra, huh? Maybe she should check it out herself. “ If I do find them, and I hope I do, I'll let them know where to go. ” Her mouth parted a little after to let out an involuntary yawn. She couldn't even fight it and she felt a little embarrassed she allowed it to happen. “Oh I'm so sorry. Excuse me.” She chuckled softly. She hoped the woman didn't think she was boring her.

“ ”
the staff team luvs u
06-26-2021, 06:32 PM
I'm so sorry I've been super slow since starting a new job! We can close this at any time <3

^^
The compliment toward her name brought a light blush to the pale woman's features, feeling her face and cheeks more specifically a little warmer than usual. It wasn't often she got a compliment and so it struck her a little dumbfounded and lost in the moment. With an awkward smile, she uttered a soft “Thank you.” while adverting her eyes slightly to the side as if to hide her shy feelings that bubbled up.

The yawn was less of a sign that she was boring the woman but reminded her that she had most definitely interrupted a nap or something.“Oh! That is alright. I already interrupted your slumber, I should be on my way. Thank you Iona for listening and offering your assistance.” And unless kind Iona had anything else to add, Reiko would leave her be to return to her nap once more.
^^
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top