Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
what was lost might never be found

Morning Overcast 60° F
P
04-30-2023, 04:07 PM
attn @Osiris

For their days of searching, they had come up short in the area she knew Osiris most hoped for. Leta's heart sank; she knew the loss of a father too well. And that was what Leta, too, had deduced. That in his searching, he had perhaps not made it in the worst of the Winter. They had found Elke though, and so for this Leta was happy. A spot of light. But there was no at least in this. They headed back to Empyrean, eyes still open in the event that an older agouti man did come across them... but Leta knew their days of searching had come to its end, and it was time to return home.

But along the way, something strange seemed to possess her. She was familiar with it, only vaguely so, but Hydra had pushed her out of her season... rightfully so. If any of them had any cubs the year before... Leta did not think they would have made it through that Winter, either. And that was not how she wished to begin motherhood.

And so Leta said, “what does your mother think, of us having cubs?” to distract from the darkness that had surrounded them as of late.
the staff team luvs u
05-05-2023, 02:07 AM
“What does your mother think, of us having cubs?” Leta asked.

Osiris almost missed what she had said. He'd been hyper-focused on their surroundings for any signs of their missing packmates. "She told me that she's ready for grandcubs," he answered. His attention was divided; half was on their search, and the other was on their conversation. He hadn't yet put one and two together to reason why she had brought up cubs.

When he finally connected the pieces, his attention was solely on her. They had talked about children before, but she had never been this direct.

His expression compensated for the silence that overcame him—why do you ask? He was as curious as he was thrown off.

the staff team luvs u
05-18-2023, 02:24 AM
She waited for all of his attention to be upon her, though she understood why it had not been. Still, she was feeling a little selfish in the moment, desiring his eyes upon her so that he could get a grasp and not miss what she was saying. “I hope she is ready for them sooner rather than later,” she remarked, her own chartreuse gaze not removing itself from him. She wanted to talk of life, now. Spring was here.

“Would you rather boys, or girls?” She asked next, ears twitching as she pranced next to him to nuzzle beneath him. All eyes on me! her senses demanded. “I think both, but I would love to have a little girl with some older brothers to protect her,” Leta smiled. She could not help but think of West and... and... oh! It felt like she was forgetting...

Surely not! She would remember any other brothers, right?
the staff team luvs u
11-07-2023, 02:09 PM
"I hope she is ready for them sooner rather than later," Leta said.

Osiris was thrown off by how direct she was being. “Is that so?” he mused, his voice a low and rumbling; her forwardness was attractive. “Why should she be ready sooner than later?” He was playing with her now and knew why she was acting the way she was—spring was here.

It was hard for him to fantasize about his preferences regarding children, especially when he was as unimaginative as he was. But, for her sake, he considered it for a moment. “I would like at least one of each,” he decided, thinking of his younger siblings. “For me, what matters more is who they'll turn out to be. I'd like strong and dedicated children.”
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top