Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Death/Rebirth

AW
04-20-2023, 07:50 AM
Death (Major Arcana): when upright, death reminds the user that their season of change is coming. perhaps you are undergoing a great transformation or saying goodbye to a particularly long and meaningful chapter in your life. new possibilities are on the horizon and there is no need to be fearful of what comes next. you’re entering the next step on your journey, and even if it is abrupt or unexpected in how it arrives, try to go into it with optimism. change can be a cleansing, healing force. let go of unhealthy attachments and walk forward with your head held high.

Deep in the water of the bay, a bubble grew; small at first, tiny even, increasing in size as it sat on the bottom of the ocean floor. How long it took could not be said, but it was many hours before the fragile structure broke away and began to float to the surface, carrying the soul it harbored all the way to the top.

There, not far from the shore, the ocean gifted her form to the land, a gentle wave popping the bubble and pushing the moonlit body to the sands, her fur soaking and clinging to her skin as the tides pushed and pulled at her paws, yet twitching as the sea nymph slept on.

the staff team luvs u
04-20-2023, 04:35 PM
i'm hoping wake sticks around here so i wanted to toss her in but...lmk if i need to remove this post!!

Like a dog with fleas, she reached with a hind leg. Scratched away the sand from behind her ears. The sleep had been long and good. It damn near had felt like she had died again, only this time there had been no fire. No choking smoke until she gasped awake.

She preferred it this way, if you asked her.

Yet she sat there, watching the waves roll and tumble. Land was not far, but the water did not seem to offer a way to either place as of right now. Which meant they were wholly alone on their little place. Wherever her savior was was none of her business though. Although she could not help but wonder if the bird that had been circling her all morning was the same one that had been with the woman...

Probably not, huh? The place was covered in seabirds.

The bird alerted her first though to the bubbling wash of something ashore. Its call sharp and loud as it moved, diving then circling. It had spotted something interesting enough for her to move towards it. A little down the coast until she spotted it.

Another grey figure. A light spot against the dark sand.

With no consideration for her own well being, she went to stand next to the form. Dead or just very peaceful? Wake had never been that peaceful, that unbothered by the world. Even as a baby she had been nothing short of colicky. Well, if she was dead, it sure would be a shame.

“You still kicking?”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Nopeita-Wake.png]
05-01-2023, 04:10 AM
Listening to Digital Sea - Thrice on repeat for this post

Another presence pulled at her. Not one of the wolf near her but that of the sea, another of the wind, the sky. Eyes closed, the creature felt as though she could feel the earth around her; perhaps she could, or perhaps she had some sort of mental illness, but whatever it was, those ethereal beings bid her wake, bid her take the life offered to her so willingly. It was a second chance that not all were given, another life woven by the threads of fate.

Slowly, those stormy eyes opened, a deep breath filling and expanding her lungs as if it was her first breath to be taken. And maybe it was.

A distant roll of thunder. A gust of wind. A wave rolling in from the vast ocean, wetting her paws once more as she lay there, a slow blink or two given before she realized there were paws in her vision. In a slow motion, the merle-coated druid rolled to her stomach and looked up at the other, blinking in a silent manner as she began to put it all together. How she had ended up here, Esme was not sure, nor was she was sure there was an exact reason for her appearance, but she was here nevertheless.

“I suppose I am,” She would finally respond, her voice ringing like a bell in the quiet environment of the shore. “Where have I awoken?” She would ask, not yet moving to get to her feet.

the staff team luvs u
05-01-2023, 04:19 AM
and i have also listened to it for mine!

Ah, alive indeed. Prettier that way too. Which was perhaps a vulture of a thought to have as the woman stirred to life again. Presumably, again. She had seemed awfully dead.

Wake had been dead once too. That much she was certain of.

“An island in the middle o' the ocean.” There was, presumably, some way to land from here but Wake had not given much thought to leaving the island. It was easier to simply be here without the squawking of men and only the cacophony of seabirds with crashing waves.

“Let me get you somewhere dry, hm? You ain't the first and you very well may not be the last at this rate.”

For had it been but a day after her own crashing arrival! One which she still owed @Yara for but at least for now she paid forward the kindness of women to this newcomer.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-01-2023, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 06:31 AM by Esmerelda. Edited 1 time in total.)
“Curious,” The druid replied, casting those mystic eyes out to the ocean that had thought it fitting to place her here. No answers jumped out at her, save the one from the woman's mouth, a mouth that shaped a beautiful voice with a beautiful accent. Esme would give a vague, mysterious smile as she got to her feet at the behest of her newfound companion.

“Will you help dry me off, too?” She laughed softly, eyes sultry in their smolder as she would look to the woman. A low groan escaped her as she stretched out her legs and shoulders, another deep breath taken in, smelling the salt-sea air, the warm sand of the beach. There was a particular smell that a sunny beach had, that filled her nose now, and she could feel it fill her soul, too. The ocean was where she belonged.

Despite that, she was ready to be dry. “Lead the way, love.”  

the staff team luvs u
05-01-2023, 04:52 AM
 When she had been killed, they thought they had sent her to burn in hell.

Instead she reclined in a cool place with beautiful women, it seemed. It was the energy she took from the way she was spoken to and that sultry gaze from such colorful eyes. “You don't need to ask, but I think you know that.” She hummed in a pleased tone. Too pleased, perhaps!

“C'mere.” She offered with a gentle press of a shoulder.

She would lead her towards the dark trees that peppered the inner horizon of their little island. Once more a familiar thing to her own arrival. Only, she had not been able to give a show then — would one come now?

She hummed something warm in the back of her throat.

“Any name you'd like me to call you?”

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-01-2023, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 06:31 AM by Esmerelda. Edited 1 time in total.)
“Are you so sure I do?” She purred, leaning into the shoulder that was offered and finding a spark igniting between them. There was a sensation that breathing her way into a new life gave her, one that was electric and enthused, vibrant even.

Falling into step beside the island native, so-to-speak, the willowy witch walked the path laid out for her, drinking in the lands she had found herself in. It was flat, dark, but there was a soul here, a life that breathed in the way some places did, reaching to her soul in a way that she could not explain.

“Esmerelda,” Was the simplest answer the silvery being could give. She had lived many lives, and knew only that her name now was the one that slipped her tongue. “Esme, if you like. And yours, my captor?”

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
Content Warning
05-01-2023, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 07:11 AM by Wake. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: adding tag )
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality
closes my eyes and hits post
if this is too much pls PM me and i can edit <3

“I don't picture you as the clueless kind, even if you are new here.” Her lips curled into something devilish, perhaps it would have been handsome if not for the narrow cut of her features.

Esmerelda.

“Esme. Real pretty.” No shame in it now, if they were both here on that same page. But captor. Well, Wake had never pictured herself as holding captive much of anything. Only making others want to be there in the wake of pleasure of joy.

“It's Wake,” She drawled warmly as she herded them to cover under the dark of the first tree. “But you might find other names for me if you keep this up, you know. I have been called a...collection of holy things with my prolonged presence before. Especially in the dark, alone.”

Prepared to pull the brakes the moment any sign of discomfort was shown.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Misc Skill
05-01-2023, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 06:31 AM by Esmerelda. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
I'm fine with anything! lmk if you need me to edit, tho! <3

he druid was a great many things; mystical, ethereal, spiritual... Clueless, she was certainly not. She caught the smile on the other's face and matched the expression, flicking a still wet tail against the others, the tip of her fur snapping softly at the movement.

Wake, She repeated, tasting the name upon her tongue as she'd have liked to test a great many things. The woman's words only fueled the fire that had so quickly began to burn between them, brakes unnecessary at a time such as this. “You don't like an audience, amante? Ahh, look at that.” She smiled, and batted those eyelashes at her "captor". “A new name for you already.”

The dark invited and enveloped her, the scent of the sea fading a touch as their place of warmth and dryness beckoned to them. There were other scents here too, including other wolves, but none that she cared about in this moment other than that of the salt spray female. Esme would settle in the place that Wake would indicate, "cluelessly" beginning to mind the wet of her fur, drawing a tongue along the length of her forearm in a slow stroke before she would look up at the other, the hint of a smile glinting in her eyes.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Misc Skill
05-01-2023, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 07:11 AM by Wake. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: adding tag )
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
 A new name, a daring claim.

“Oh, I'll try anything under any name...but the first time? We should be only each other. I am better that way.” Unfiltered, free reign. It was easier to slip in the role of lover with a woman, with solitude. Perhaps the one who had a more solid claim over this island might roll eyes at the way Wake welcomed this one, but if it worked? If it kept them all warm and good times rolling?

She pushed her belly onto the ground, laid across the earth now near the hips of dear Esme.

A fire had been lit in the belly of the beasts. Unable to be quenched by any amount of choking saltwater.

“Need help?” She dared to reach and attempt to test teeth delicately against salt curled fur that covered delicate merle hips.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
Content Warning
05-01-2023, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 06:22 AM by Esmerelda. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
The first time promised a next time and Esme preened inwardly at the thought. “I think you are best when you are putting that lovely tongue to good use,” She would sat as the grey furred woman settled so close, a source of warmth not just skin to skin but settling deep in the hidden places of her body.

“Your help is certainly welcome, Wake.” The use of her name was deliberate, doing as her captor bid, lilac stormed eyes heated as she glanced back to the woman, following the teeth that so gently preened her fur. Tail flickered again, across her companion's paws, a clear sign of acceptance to her closeness. 

“Are you so experienced?” She dared to ask, amusement and desire laced together into one. 

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Misc Skill
05-01-2023, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 07:11 AM by Wake. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: adding tag )
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
 Like a ravenous dog, she might devour the sweet talker whole. It loomed there in the promise of her words, in the way she groomed the hip and became familiar with the enchanting curve of it. How she even dared a kiss here, there, as if only smoothing over the saltwater tangles she had freed.

Innocent, no? No.

“Enough to bring the pleasures of the world to your feet, Esme.”

In the last life, these things she had brought with. The ways to tangible forms of pleasure in rolling waves much like the water that crashed against the island in soft morning light. The birds would not sing louder than she might make any lover.

“Is that what you want? The warmth of pleasure?” She drawled as she reached out a foreleg now, intent to drape it over the smaller woman. Damn near worshipful in the way she touched her now.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Misc Skill
05-01-2023, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 06:31 AM by Esmerelda.)
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
A shiver burned its way down her spine at the sweet sound of her name upon another's lips. Were it Wake's lips or any other's, Esmerelda could not deny the satisfaction that hearing her name in someone else's mouth this way was intoxicating, in a way. It was an oasis, the first sip of cool water to a parched, desert-dry throat. It was the heat of a fire against the bone-deep chill of a winter night.

“Bring them,” She beckoned, enticed at the offer of pleasures. “Show me your fire.” She shifted backwards and a bit to her left, moving so that her hips lay directly before her almost lover, her nearly-there partner. “Let it consume me.” For what worth were the carnal fantasies and pleasures if not to be drowned by them, wrapped up in their heated tendrils.

She flipped that tail again, attention upon the drying of her fur lost as she gave herself to the building tension of the moment.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Misc Skill
05-01-2023, 06:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 07:12 AM by Wake. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: adding tag )
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
 Oh, but they were both magic! Conjurers of sparks that flew between them like static. Wake dappled in the physical magics, though. The conning, the pleasure. Whatever magic Esme worked here seemed akin to something like a spell.

Her teeth gave stronger nips now as Wake lifted herself, ever so slightly. Drew her chest against the wetted hips of a woman she would now know as a lover. It was true what they said. That they sea gave just as it took. Today it had given her Esme.

Beautiful, electric charged, worshiped Esme.

Kisses offered all over. The merle woman would soon learn that Wake did not rush these promises of pleasure. Not the sloppy job of a man who sought to only soothe himself. No, no. She could never be like that. Even if there was an aching trembling pressure between her own scarred thighs — a thing a man might think too when faced with such beauty.

It was rare that she was a giver, but when she was? It was bounties, treasures, endless things of shining joys.

What names might be she called in the waves of pleasure?

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Misc Skill
05-01-2023, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 06:50 AM by Esmerelda.)
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
Her gods were generous creatures today, smiling down upon her as she reveled in the sensual prayers of the woman who had lit and fueled her fire. It was Wake's prayers that were non-verbal, where Esme's own invocations were plentiful and crescendoed; they start as soft, whispers of delight and grew into bright and ecstatic moans of sensation.

It was only when her partner had finished writing her symphony with the druid's voice that she would turn the tables, draping that merle body over the silver layered one. Her hips still lay in reach of every blossom and spark of sensual devotion but Esme sought to make her own prayers at the temple of Wake. A versatile and flexible creature she was, but she was also greedy to drink in the pleasure of the female, to make her share in the magic of their coupling. 

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Misc Skill
05-01-2023, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 07:12 AM by Wake. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: adding tag )
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
tysm for the stardust ;o; <3

She had laid to bed with many a holy woman, those who would scoff at the idea outside of the walls of a private place. Had she ever been with a woman who had felt so holy? Otherworldly? Wake did not balk at the idea of genuine magic. Not when she had died and come ashore, not when she had found this beautiful one laid upon sands much the same.

Maybe the magic was still there, dusted upon them. A thing to heighten their trades of pleasure. Maybe it was this place, not as dreary as the last life, more inclined to indulge the savages they might have once been called.

Somewhere between rolling hips and pressing breaths against sloping bodies, she spoke. “Captor, was it? Do you find me such now, Esme?” She reached with teeth to leave a trail of bitemarks against a soft pale neck. Lost in the tendrils of fur, wishing to know it again and again.

She sought only to tease! Even if it worked against her own turn, at this moment.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Misc Skill
05-01-2023, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 04:13 PM by Esmerelda. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
You deserve it!!

Her breath was stolen and in turn, she was given the pleasures of the world, just as Wake had promised. She enjoyed a woman that knew how to keep her word and so smiled lazily, indulgently as she stretched her neck out for further ministrations. 

“A captor and her willing slave,” She drawled softly, laughing in that intimate way that only lovers could in the dark of a room. All of this had been their room, and Esmerelda was all the more prideful for it. Let them all hear the pair and know that they could not hope to posses the magic the two had woven this night. 

But who was the predator and who was the prey between them? Esmerelda cared not, for she had willingly thrown herself into the spider's sultry web. Salt-curled fur mostly dry now, she lounged comfortably in the her silk prison, a languid, beatific smile upon her lips. 

“Never have I been greeted unto a world with such... enthusiasm,” She would say with another soft chuckle, obviously pleased at the turn of events they shared.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
05-01-2023, 04:21 PM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
 Wake was not in the habit of making lovers stay or seeking to tie them down. It was not the way of her.

Yet she was much like a magpie with an eye for the shiny, dazzling things. Perhaps she did wish to be a captor if Esme stayed so willing. Like a pearl plucked from the sea, Wake could wear this woman well and polish her each night with the faux lovingness of a lifelong lover.

Perhaps they had known each other — once upon a time, a different life. How would Wake ever know?

“I can greet you like this each dawn.” The words a low groan in the back of her throat, a sound that softened out into a tender laugh. “I would lap the salt off you for hours and watch you swim just so I can do it again.”

But Wake wished for the words to sit for a moment and so she spurred into a lover's action, reaching to press kisses along a jawline leading to lips. She had never cared much for religions, but the holy temple she had found here offered a true salvation.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Misc Skill
05-02-2023, 02:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2023, 02:32 AM by Esmerelda.)
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
Promises, promises. Each one made spun their web deeper, wider. The merle druid welcomed the other woman's lavish attentions and affections, a pleased, crooning note slipping her throat. She returned each kiss, each word of prayer, teeth teasing the fur upon Wake's throat only to let her tongue follow the path that her teeth blazed. Each motion only served to feed her fire, letting it grow into an all consuming thing.

That was exactly what she had wanted, after all.

Their second foray into their entanglement was just as intoxicating as the first, though Esmerelda took charge this time, rolling so that her apostle was beneath her in their time of worship. Gifting the woman with the attention she deserved was easy, taking her time where allowed and teasing every chance she got.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
05-02-2023, 02:42 AM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
 And Wake did not fuss or spill forth honeyed words anymore.

She only reclined, exposed and finding it more freeing than anything else. She did not shy away at any touches to scarred thighs or become bashful under rolling ecstasy. Loud, heaving breaths and groans of indulgence. The word more had likely slipped free in between here and there. Vulnerable beneath the holy movements of Esme's worldly wonders.

When it all simmered into the end? Into softening breaths and beating hearts?

She crooned a pleased note, glowing in the radiance of it all post-coupling. A foreleg stretched out in an invitation for Esme to come to her side now. So that they may lay along one another while the world became hushed once more following their moaning melodies.

Perhaps now she might know if Esme intended to stay as her willing companion to the pleasures Wake brought, or if she had somewhere to be. Someone else to look for.

Now why did that coil a sleepy jealous snake in her chest?

the staff team luvs u
05-02-2023, 05:30 AM
I think this is a good spot to fade buuuut I could start us a new one?

Satisfied as a cat who caught a canary, Esmerelda rolled into the gray woman's embrace, stretching out with a little groan before she truly settled into the warmth. There was a sleepy smile that laced its way across her maw, stormy gaze half-lidded as she looked to the trees that shielded them from the low-hanging sun. 

Finding no need for words, the druid would only twist her head to kiss and nip that jawline a final time before she fell into a gentle slumber.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top