Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

The Collector

Early Morning Fog
Nightwalkers
Hunter
04-14-2023, 12:00 AM

The sick one had left the pit with which they had put him in originally to keep the diseases from spreading through the other members. Vengeance didn't think the child would survive to this point, and yet he kept holding on despite the multiple illnesses that plagued the boy. It was almost admirable... if he wasn't a walking pestilence that might plague the pack with his mere existence.

The boy had apparently gotten stronger enough now that he had crawled out of the pit he was meant to die in and wandered off. The shape that would come to check in on the walking corpse now followed the sickly scent of the boy's trail off into the mist. Even for the Warlord it made his nose curl. The beast whose own odour deterred even vultures on a good day.

As soon as the pale boy was found Vengeance called out with a rumble, letting his grave vocals be carried by the mist to halt the boy in his movements without needing to touch him. So you continue to live.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
04-14-2023, 12:33 AM
The tarnished boy was slow with his steps, uncertain which paths to take, or where they led. After his rogue encounter with the boarish boy, he had been more careful to keep some awareness to his surroundings. No matter how curious he may have been, mama had been right. He was safe in his pit...but now he didn't know which direction it sat. The previous night he spent curled up at the roots of a lone tree, only after his paws ached too much to search any further. Krueger visited him enough and lived around somewhere, so...he just needed to find him? Or, more realistically, Krueger would find him.

Pest thought he knew enough about the world. Maybe not everything, but enough to know what to expect. Enough to survive. The truth was, his sheltered life had hid far too much from him. Frail and sickly, he was lucky to be alive. Pestilence wasn't a survivor, just fortunate enough to not succumb to the hand he was dealt. The boy mulled over his thoughts, head hung low as he walked, until something in the air changed. Even with a clogged nose, he could pick up the taint. Then there was the rumble...

His head shot up as he paused in his tracks. Even though he didn't recognize the voice, there was already undeniable dread building in his chest as Pest worked up the courage to look behind him. That was perhaps his first mistake...or maybe leaving his pit took that spot. Either way, the sight he was greeted with was one of nightmares, more specifically, his nightmares. He may no longer be the scrawny ant of a pup he used to be, but it wouldn't stop him from cowering in on himself. Even if he had a spine, what would confidence do for someone as gangly as him?

He had been wrong before. The boar was not the boogeyman, and just like before, he tried and failed to find his tongue. Pest opened his maw before snapping it shut. The motion was repeated a few times, but ultimately nothing came. Instead, Vengeance was only met with the wild look of a spooked animal.

the staff team luvs u

"Poor, crippled, from the undercity?
I was an outsider the moment I stepped into this world"
— Threading with Pest means your character has been exposed to one or several of his health issues. Contamination is not required! See fun facts for more info.

[Image: 47155412_7JzFn4rZFswi8Ju.png]
04-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Nothing came from the child and instead Vengeance was met with only the sound of the buzzing flies that called his pelt dinner. The boy moved his mouth like some earthbound fish uselessly trying to breathe. Seeing the boy up close only strengthened the idea of how pathetic he was and how he was somehow evading the cold grip of death only through pure dumb luck alone. If the beast wasn't cautious about catching whatever disease plagued this child he would have done it here and now.

Why did you crawl out of the pit? Dark ears slide to the sides, curling at the tips as if indicating he wasn't completely invested in what the boy had to say but instead on their surroundings. After all this time struggling with illness, is your will to live that strong? This time he expected an answer unlike the last. In the meantime, the cogs churned internally to figure out how to get rid of this thing without having to touch it and suffer whatever fate had brought.

The idea of sending him to a pack came to mind. For them to attack him and fall from the illnesses they would inevitably contract from touching the boy with missing patching of skin and goo oozing from his eyes and nose. An idea that had hatched another...

If the boy had such a strong will to live, maybe that could be his purpose. Spread disease to their enemies or neighbours to weaken their forces and prepare for an invasion when the sickness takes hold. That is... if the boy was truly here long enough to prove useful after all.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
Ecologist
06-13-2023, 10:48 PM
What came next wasn't the thunder of paws or snapping yellow fangs. Only foul breath that rotted much like the spots along his skin. In some weird way...he was like this monster. The questions that came confused the boy. Why had he left? He was in pain— hungry, lonely. @Krueger was up here. My friend lives around here... It was the honest truth. Krueger was the only one who seemed willing to help him now. Err stopped bringing plants and Mama food.

He showed me how... He showed him a world beyond his own. The next question came easier, I don't want to suffer. A rat used to bring me plants that helped. I figured...I could find him too. Or maybe the plants he used. alongside food to fill the void his stomach had become. The monster didn't look pleased before or after his answer, but maybe it would be enough to stop his fangs from seeking his hide.

the staff team luvs u

— Threading with Pest means your character has been exposed to one or several of his health issues. Contamination is not required! See fun facts for more info.

10-11-2023, 08:21 PM
Friend, that was the word the boy had used. It made the Boss' lip curl at the thought. Such a pathetic thing. Needing help from others to survive whereas his siblings could do so with less given to them.

There was one thing that Vengeances despised the most, it was weakness. Even more so were the weak that came from him. Soon they would continue a new branch of his lineage tree, spreading their sickness and tarnishing the name he had worked so hard to keep. The fear that came with it. To think this pitiful whelp was still around was a sickening sight in itself.

“None of them are here anymore. You are alone.” Lifting his chin to stare down at the boy from the barrel of his muzzle, he wondered what he would do with such news. That he had been abandoned by all who he thought cared for him. Here, left to suffer under the claws of his creator.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
10-25-2023, 04:48 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 06:22 PM by Pestilence. Edited 1 time in total.)
You are alone.

A loud sniff filled the silence as the warlord stared down at him. Not out of fear, mind you, but the sick that forever plagued his lungs. In truth, he had always been alone. Even when mama brought him food or Krueger filled some of those hours with adventure and distraction, he always returned to that pitiful pit. Alone. Yet hearing the words out loud somehow made his core feel hollow. The tarnished boy frowned, not daring to meet the eyes of terror any longer.

Krueger left? Why hadn't he told him? Or at least say goodbye...

I'm hungry. He didn't know what else to say, so he acknowledged the claws that dug painfully at his gut. Food had always been brought to him, but now that there was no one to bring him food, he'd have to find his own. Where is the cache? That's where food is. Krueger told me.

the staff team luvs u

11-02-2023, 02:09 PM
Pathetic.

A waste of air and space. Even more so a waste of resources to keep this creature alive. Curse his mother who hid him from the Warlord. Curse the sickness that was clear on this boy's face or Vengeance would snuff him out now. But the sickness that would certainly transfer to him after wasn't worth the effort. Whatever plagued the boy would take him eventually, the Bogeyman was certain.

“Find it.” A cruel answer spat out with rolling words. A growl layering through his vocals. The boy disgusted him, and he made no effort to hide it. “Or starve.” Even more obvious was his lack of care if this one survived or not. In fact, he hoped the boy found nothing and wasted away in some hole somewhere. It would be a favour to all in Blackwood if he just perished.

the staff team luvs u
12-06-2023, 06:30 PM
Pest sniffed aggressively through his clogged nose, but it did little to guide him. He could make out scents, but it would never be the same as it was for others. He didn't know the first thing about tracking or surviving. Or did he? The tarnished boy had made it this far, hadn't he? His eyes watered from a burn like itch that never seemed to relieve itself as he took careful steps away from the Boogeyman. He wasn't very nice, and unlike Mama or Krueger, he wasn't going to help him. So he just nodded, tail tucked at his legs as he searched elsewhere to ease the claws at his gut.

the staff team luvs u

scroll to top