Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Never Not Happy

04-11-2023, 03:29 AM
“Wake the fuck up, you sorry motherfucker.”

Head swung around to look behind her, Alina used one of her hind paws to kick the skull of the Warmonger himself. She could have cared less if she pissed him off; believe it or not, that was her goal. While few dared even cross the path of Dumpster Fire, here, Alina was happy to not just cross it but charge headlong into him.

You see, she'd escaped this godforsaken place. She didn't know how, but she'd woken up back home, as a werewolf, right as rain, as if nothing had ever happened. And now? Now?

She'd woken up right next to this shitstain. The why, how, when... All of it was a mystery, which only served to piss her off more. And since @Vengeance was the first thing she saw, of course she was going to blame it on him.

The same paw lifted, Alina was poised to kick the snot out of him again if he didn't wake up.

the staff team luvs u
Nightwalkers
Paladin
04-12-2023, 02:37 PM
Things had shifted around them so suddenly. Time had both moved and stood still, and the ground was no longer familiar around their lands. He had spent days wandering the wastelands around. Taking note that Empyrean's borders now seemed closer somehow as the scent in the wind indicating @Hydra was no longer nearly a week's travel from Blackwood. That would be a trip for another time. For now, he was occupied re-mapping the world around their borders.

A few members have gone missing - some he would wonder where they had gone while others were better off dead anyway. Sleeping the day away, he wasn't expecting a sharp kick to his face to wake the beast up and with a snarl he snapped at the pale foot before his nose instinctively, uncaring who it was and why. Stretching out his neck with continuous alligator snaps to teach whoever this was a lesson about poking a sleeping bear - he only ceased when the realization of who it was caught him off guard.

Alina, where the fuck have you been? He growled, annoyed at finding someone who had vanished earlier last year by his recollection. Bold of her to return and not grovel for forgiveness as opposed to this rude awakening.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
04-22-2023, 09:09 PM
The question incensed her, threw gasoline on a fire that knew no boundaries or hierarchy or authority. Her rage answered to no one. She spun on those heels and snapped shiny white teeth at his face. Her teeth had always been pristine, because plaque was not genetic so whenever she shifted, it... Well she didn't know exactly what it did, but she knew that it kept her teeth clean.

“I was home!” The woman snarled at him, carmine eyes narrowed as nostrils flared. “I was in fucking Cordova and living my normal fucking life!” And now she wasn't. And obviously, because he was the first one she'd seen, it was all his fault.

“What did you do?”

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
09-27-2023, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2023, 11:38 AM by Vengeance.)
She snapped at him. Pearly whites clashing at the tip of his scarred nose. He enjoyed a woman with fire, they were a lot more fun after all - but that didn't mean he would just lay there and take it. Like a viper he struck back - not at the air between them, no, he'd try to cut her with his own yellowed fangs. Quickly rising to his feet as he lunged. Dirt fell from his muscular body as he moved, and dried blood caked on that cracked and loosened fell with it.

“Had I done anything, you think I would have lost members only to obtain one in return?” He growled. Nearly mocking through his rage. Sure, one could be better than a useless few - but that meant little until Alina could prove she was worth the handful that were gone.

He circled in the den around her, challenging her rage to see just how far she would take it with the boss - the warlord of the nightwalkers who had survived three enemy packs thus far and would continue to thrive so long as he held the reigns in his vicegrip. Grimey hackles rose upon that tall back of his, quivering like quills with coiled muscles ready to show her just why he was the boss here should she snap back again. He dared her to with those eyes of his.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
10-26-2023, 12:27 AM
He was large, slow, brutish. She was small, agile, quick. Dancing backwards, she let her teeth show more, lips lifting to reveal her gums. She showed no fear as he circled her, no care as he made his counter argument. But where Alina was fueled by her rage, she did not steer herself with stupidity. Here, where she could not move more than a few feet at a time, he would overpower her quick as could be and right now, she wasn't about it.

“Then how the fuck do you explain this bullshit?” It was a demand she made of him that perhaps part of her knew he couldn't answer. But she wanted one anyway, whether he could give it or not.

the staff team luvs u
11-02-2023, 07:36 PM
So fiesty. Most leaders would snap back and toss a member out of the pack for such defiance, but he loved it. Provided she used that ire fore him and not against him, Alina was always welcome back even if she spewed nonsense to him.

“This world is strange, I cannot explain any of it.” He growled back through a crooked smile. Dark red gums infected with gingivitis exposed as well as she. Alina was quick, but this was his domain. He'd keep her backed against the cave walls until she complied and stopped speaking such crazy thoughts or at lest until he was certain she was here to stay this time.

“Even if I could, I would not tell you so easily.” He mocked her. Reminding the bitch that his was his home. He lead the shadows that lurked amongst the mist, not her.

the staff team luvs u
11-08-2023, 03:11 AM
“Even if I could, I would not tell you so easily.”

She saw red, figuratively speaking. Had she hands, Alina would have sucker punched him then and there. Laid him out on his likely flat ass, maybe know out some of those grimy fucking teeth.

“You're a fucking dumpster fire.” She growled at him, teeth clicking on empty air with the enunciation of her words. She hated this, despised it, even.

Now, she would slip from his reaches with a quick movement, her back to the entrance of his stinking hole. Each step took her father, carmine eyes glaring as she watched him. If allowed, she would slip away into the night, taking her wild and currently unhinged anger with he.

Exit attempt!

the staff team luvs u
11-14-2023, 04:28 PM
She'd walk away this time. To fuel that fire of hers - one he would try to harness another day rather than right here and now.

Instead he'd leave her with parting words. “Welcome home.” He'd coo from his den, watching her pale figure disappear into the mist of the woods while those eyes of hers watched him... and he watched her.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top