Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Map Confusion

03-29-2023, 11:33 PM
So it's entirely possible that I'm jump dumb, but is there a way the map could show the regions? So if I'm looking for a specific location I don't have to click through all the forums to find where that place is located?

(Again, totally possible theres an easier way to figure this out and I'm just dumb)
the staff team luvs u
Primary
@Aerys | @Leviathan | @Mystery | @Melchior | @Satan
Secondary
@Delgata | @Genghis | @Rajani | @Vedetta | @Serenity​​​​​​​
Tertiary
@Charlie | @Misoka | @Zella | @Vincent | @Wally
03-30-2023, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2023, 02:42 AM by zina.)
There is currently no way to view individual regions without clicking on one of the forums - this is coming soon. The reason for this right now is that regions are actually not super well defined, but they are in order of the coordinal directions on the forum from Northwest to West clockwise.
  • Luyten - northwest
  • Sirius - north
  • Gomeisa - northeast
  • Mirzam - east
  • Furud - southeast
  • Adhara - south
  • Aludra - southwest
  • Wezen - west

Coming soon will be a more full-featured map, including the ability to click on a location to go to it or even start a new thread there. We are hoping to release this within the next couple of weeks
the staff team luvs u
03-30-2023, 02:51 AM
One thing I should mention is that you can view all of the locations and their regions at a glance from the Compendium locations page:
https://canismajor-rpg.com/compendium.ph...ries&cid=2
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top