Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Pack Territory Expansion

03-27-2023, 11:03 PM
Hello! With Northfall's recent disbandment and the map changes/update, I figured I ask about possibly expanding Stormrift's borders, if possible? I imagine the wolves residing there would want to take advantage of the newly-given space and possibly lay a claim to the Azure Grotto as a densite separate from Cloudrest, or to simply expand on their mountain-range and take up the unclaimed section next to them?

If this isn't possible, that is perfectly fine! Just curious. I attached a model of the potential territory as described above.

[Image: image.png]

the staff team luvs u
[Image: tumblr_44aaca65a1d1e0a9b7e1d87739dfc909_...33_540.gif]
03-27-2023, 11:27 PM
Currently packs cannot claim more than one territory - this is intentional so that packs cannot have too much map control.

For expanding Cloudrest to include the entire mountain range, I'll make one suggestion. Zina made Cloudrest smaller than the full range because it looked "too big", so maybe we can just add part of the rest of the mountain range to keep things reasonably the same size (see Fate's Summit for similar and Nameless Mountain for size comparison)
the staff team luvs u
03-27-2023, 11:38 PM
I can see that, it was actually my initial thought but I figured I'd check in just in case. I adjusted the model a bit to a more reasonable portion added you can peek at! I didn't realize how big it was before compared to other territories.

[Image: image.png]
the staff team luvs u
[Image: tumblr_44aaca65a1d1e0a9b7e1d87739dfc909_...33_540.gif]
03-27-2023, 11:40 PM
We will add this to our task list! Should be done within a day
the staff team luvs u
03-28-2023, 07:07 PM
We've altered the map a bit to remove a couple of the smaller mountains and expanded Cloudrest's borders :) Thanks for bringing this up!
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top