Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Blood’s Thicker

Morning
P
01-04-2023, 02:26 AM
pp permission granted!

He woke to the smell of his brother in the air. Rising, the Harbinger grimaced through the twinging ache in his bones. The cold weather did nothing of benefit to his joints, and his reincarnation hadn’t done him the decency of aging his body backward as it did Nym.

He wasn’t willing to die again to try.

Cresting the shallow hill out of the Roots, his tail flagged high and waving behind him, seeing his brother with a fox in his mouth. “Welcome home, Melchior.”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: unknown.png]
— thank you hanna! <3
Hunter
01-04-2023, 02:38 AM
The man dangled the fox from his jaws, content with his kill. Not only did he love hunting, but a fox nonetheless. It was the best case scenario for him. Plus, it was a good gift to his brother. Sure enough there he was, causing the brute to chuckle slightly, dropping the prey at his brothers feet. ”Miss me that much?” He teased his brother, though raised an eyebrow to ask what he needed.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#8e44ad]
  • Latin [#756771]
[Image: aa83f52e-6eaf-11ed-84e1-5f82d5ab0db4.gif]
01-04-2023, 02:47 AM
 “Yes.” He replied with sincere ease. “We are blood. The vein strains when apart.”

Dipping his head, he sniffed the fox with hungry anticipation, admiring the gift. “Come, enjoy this with me and tell me of your most recent travels.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
01-04-2023, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 02:57 AM by Melchior.)
Mad was one of the two wolves in his life that saw his tender side, one that wasn’t hidden behind his anger and aggression. And so, he would chuckle low and relaxed before aiming to bump his shoulder against his brothers before finding a spot to rest, laying besides his sibling.

”The travel up north was interesting. There’s several packs that line the mountains up to the snows of the tundra, though I had no interest lingering there. I think two packs ended up going at each others neck. That should have been fun to watch. I certainly wish I was there. Oh, and I do have a child at least, though the mother wasn’t keen on telling me more information.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#8e44ad]
  • Latin [#756771]
01-04-2023, 11:18 AM
 Melchior gave his report, rattling off details like coins flipped into a courtyard fount.

It pained him to think of wolves losing lives to war, to conflict. But without the full knowledge of what had transpired between the two butting packs, he remained silent. If they’d been a pack of mongrel mixed-breeds he would have gone to war, too.

“That’s a shame, but it is good to know the Marsyas line lives in the mountains, regardless of recognition.” The brother’s ate, scattering russet fluff as they ripped the small predator open.

“Our numbers have dwindled as of late.” The Harbinger admitted. “That is why I’ve decided to accept a marriage proposal.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
01-04-2023, 12:36 PM
They had their conversation, one that Mel enjoyed. And he didn’t like talking much. However, as the conversation moved to something else entirely, he would let out a low growl. ”No.” He said simply, with little room for discussion. Sure, his brother had final say, but he certainly could voice his issues.

”Who even is it? You’re only getting married if you fall in love.” Mel didn’t mind forced marriages, but he was also torn with his protectiveness of his siblings.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#8e44ad]
  • Latin [#756771]
01-08-2023, 12:36 PM
 No. Madmortigan barked back through a chuffing chuckle, knocking his head into the man’s shoulder. It was a gesture of pure affection, one he followed with a quick lash of his tongue to the side of Melchior’s cheek. His brother looked out for him in more ways than one.

“If I remember correctly you didn’t seem to like my natural choices.” Thinking back to Daighre and whatever they had been. Not together, but certainly not apart - at least then. “I’m ready. I just turned six, brother. I’ve avoided this long enough.” For now, not answering his question.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
01-09-2023, 12:02 AM
He huffed and growled but made no move to attack his brother, simply letting him put a kiss to his cheek. Though he was still grumbling about it. Turning to look at him, the brute would raise an eyebrow, shrugging slightly. "Not my fault you have poor taste." He said teasingly before shaking his head. "You just have much more responsibility to deal with other than a forced marriage." He would think for a moment before speaking again.

"If you need to marry someone for pack relations, theres got to be someone else in the pack that can do it, that way you can focus on the pack. I'd much rather you go back to whoever the fuck than a forced relationship." He narrowed his eyes slightly in a slight pout, clearly disliking all of this. "But if you insist, I'm meeting her."

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#8e44ad]
  • Latin [#756771]
01-09-2023, 12:07 AM
 Madmortigan was grateful for his brother’s concern, but he did not have the freedom that came with being born second in line.

“Of course you’ll meet her, and I’m sure there will be more matches to come, should participants be willing. But know this Melchior - I do not do anything I do not want to do. If I find her disagreeable, then the marriage won’t happen.”

He nudged his brother. “Fair enough?”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
01-09-2023, 12:11 AM
He huffed and snorted to show his displeasure, but nodded nonetheless. It wasn't like he could force his brother to do anything anyway. 

"Fine, I'll deal with that." He would move to stretch. "Give me a few days to rest and then I'll meet her." He would aim a lick to his brother's cheek, with a simply nudge of the head before heading back to his den. "Oh and just remember, don't add me to your matches, I don't get along well with others."

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#8e44ad]
  • Latin [#756771]
01-09-2023, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 12:16 AM by Madmortigan.)
 At that he laughed, watching his brother head deeper into the Roots. “Oh, I know.”

and fade <3

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
scroll to top