Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
You should see me in a crown,

Evening Partly Cloudy
AW
Discovery
Pre-formation
03-30-2021, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 07:29 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Célnes watched the deer within the forest. They hide behind the various of trees, but she could find their thicket. Within the middle of the forest was the main herd and their opening, it was like a light shining upon them from the heavens as they grazed peacefully in the setting sun. Though she could not spot the King, and wondered where he may be.. The King was always mysteriously wandering, perhaps guarding against predators, but ever since she had caused a slight disarray within their group, she could not find him.

The Queen hummed peacefully watching them.

+2 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
03-30-2021, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2021, 09:19 PM by Flynn2. Edited 2 times in total.)

Upon well-muscled limbs did heavy hooves fly, downy furs of bister and bronze catching the songs of the gentle forest wind with every stride he took onward. The male was a beast of a creature, heavenly in his might; such powerful bounds sending his stout bodice craning upward into the warmth of sweet spring sun. While fit legs stretched across the newly sunken logs of winter, those same movements planted themselves firmly in the cool waters of a riverbank. Famished for hydration, it seemed. After all, the young buck had been wandering for some hours now, and though he wasn't equipped to tell time, he certainly took into account how many moon-falls it had taken to get back home.

The cool stream had always tasted better here, in his best opinion. With every quiet sip, it seemingly rejuvenated his senses. He allowed once-flexed shoulders to relax, lids closing momentarily over those moss-hued eyes he wore so handsomely. Of course, he never let his guard down for too long, as a soft breeze brought with it the fragrance of a lass, and he took it as an invitation. “Watching the herd?” His voice, boyish and posh, smooth and strong. Just as he. His pleasantries fell from smiling lips, green optics as new and lively as a fawn landing upon her chocolate flesh. That grinning muzzle of his still damp, but nevertheless was it welcoming. “Some say the King recently had a son, wonder if he'll make a fine prince one day.”

the staff team luvs u
03-31-2021, 08:47 PM
Célnes was rather surprised to see Flynn- she couldn't deny she did not expect him in this forest, or rather at all. Her memories of him were rather slim, mostly due to the factor her aunts and uncles spoke so little of him. She knew in some way they were related, but always counted him as the black sheep of the family, as for some vague reason, he was barely associated with them all. Though the female Deorwine knew in some way he was related to Uncle Brandyn- she would've thought maybe Uncle Eduart, as he was the known cheater within their family. Yet, he would deny it, so would the rest. Even her mother refused to speak on the matter, like it was a forbidden subject. He definitely held some.. Unusual traits, that most did not. A more cooler tones of the browns, and green eyes unlike many of them so, and the obvious trait of them all, the white across his shoulders.

Nontheless, he was family, he held their name, "Flynn," she replied with a pleasant smile, "I'm surprised you are here. Did the forest call to you as well?"

The forest was definitely familiar to the olden home, albeit much smaller though, he seemed as though he had been here for long, but surely Célnes would've found him by now if so. There was some suspicions she held, mostly due to the wariness of the new land, but he never seemed to be one to scheme, though knowing so little about the man, she couldn't say for certain.

the staff team luvs u
04-01-2021, 08:19 PM

She spat out his name with the elegance of a duchess and the disgust of a foreigner. Her bated tongue weaved in the ways of hearsay, and while young, his ears still caught it in amusement. The lad smirked. There had been not a single doubt in his mind as to what she was thinking, nor would there be any word of it. Flynn hadn't come here to squabble, he was merely a bloke... Howbeit, as the male lifted his darkened audits to the sky, the stance in which he held towards her mirrored that of a Greek God.

“Célnes,” He'd speak, throwing a quizzical tone, flashing a quick and heedless grin. Once again she spoke with barbs on her breath, and while earlier he covered his teeth, this time they gave him no chance but to speak. “Oh, where else would I be if not home? I imagined it looked exactly like this. Didn't you?” Though he'd meant every hymn that flew from his maw, there was an emotion tucked deeply away with each sound of his vocals. “Unless the thicket is telling lies, I know better than to believe that though.”

And that he did. He'd caught her perfume on the wind multiple times, seen her in flashes of light, memorized the indentions her paws left in the sodden earth. He'd call himself the eye of the forest, though others might have had... Another name for it. “I've seen you around, figured I'd stop in and say hello this time.” 

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Elkshire
04-06-2021, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 10:54 PM by Aso. Edited 2 times in total.)
"That is true.. It is alike, just smaller." How it represented the old home so well, so similar, yet she can see all of it in a day. The glory that once was Kingslend, now fallen into ashes, was as wide as they could see. To the mountains afar, the plans and many forests, the Déorwine flourished so well, within the hundreds of family that was about. Not all bound by blood, but the name they shared.

How their grand forest was condensed to, to the many trees that lay within the small portion, but glorious as it was. The grand oaks that stood tall and pines that give their beauty, and to cover all, is the herd that remains deep within, just as where they are. Though this was anew, the elk that was so familiar is new, but the High Elk still lives with them, "though no longer Kingslend, a new name to unfold."

Célnes stood regally, her tail wisping over to her paws as she craned toward Flynn. A smile that was neither warm or cold, but just a pleasantry to the family, "do you stay in Elkshire, or remain as a traveler?"

+2 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
04-12-2021, 03:58 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 10:55 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)

He accepted her faint smile, trotting forward; rotating darkened ears like antler velvet to catch any words she might have let drop on the ground. She hadn't spilled any, no, yet there was a familiar glint in her gaze that caught him momentarily. He couldn't help but feel fascinated by the way she held herself; almost as if she had already won. Oh, how he wondered exactly what her prize had been. “Hm, a traveler, yes, but a homebody I must stay.”

The boy ventured into the wilds a'many times and despite such steadfast notions he never once knew what he was indeed searching for. Wanderlust dug its talons into his disgraceful spine and mayhaps it had good reason. After all, the blueblood had no idea as to why he'd been painted a sinner, not when he stood before her with the body of a saint. “Things have changed and I am older, and although it doesn't necessarily make me any wiser, I intend on seeing this through.” A firm blow exited his nose, shaking his pelt of eager emotion.

Maybe he cared... Too much; but he was no longer a fawn. No. He hadn't been for some time now and a velveteen crown rested surely atop his head. Whether or not those around him could see it wasn't his concern, he merely wished to make his presence known.

+2 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
04-12-2021, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 10:55 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
"As the kingdom of Kingslend has fallen long ago, this is now a new wanderlust empire. Perhaps you may like it better, Prince of the Deer," her voice drawled in an amusing tone as like her eyes voided with laughter and a crooked smile given to the male Deorwine. She wasn't particularly surprised he didn't seem have much intention of staying, but rather seemed he may be around. She wasn't too pleased by the factor of someone coming in and out as they please, despite him baring the same name as she does.

"The King has fallen, and so I, the Queen takes it place. Perhaps you would also like to hone a rank?" An offering paw she gives, to officially accept him into this land. Though the white on his back may be a crestfallen curse, and a sign of misfortune, nonetheless the light browns he hold and the name he dismisses, she still will always welcome family. Though Célnes was not a benevolent being, and only once, would she offer, and no more, she was not a beggar for members.

Forgive his sin in the High Elk's place. She was no God, but within this forest she claims, Célnes, will be the ultimate judgement passed down to the wolves. As older as Flynn becomes, none can shed the factor of what many label him to be.

+2 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
04-12-2021, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 10:55 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)

Lively optics widened, slanting soon after in a comical, kittenish manner. She knew exactly what she was doing, her words suddenly dripping from underneath her tongue as if they'd been lying in wait for the proper moment. He knew it would spring upon him eventually, but time was something he knew nothing about, yet, he wasn't the type to waste it. “As flattering as that is, you and I both know that title will never fall from anyone's lips.” His stained shoulders made his place in the herd absolute; he'd remain stagnant until the day his legs gave out running.

Nevertheless, the thought was flattering and the dapple of embarrassment made itself known by brushing his cheeks in soft red. A feature he attempted to hide quickly by bowing his head; leaning forward to kiss the paw that fed him. Of course, he wouldn't decline her offer, he was prideful, for sure, but he was no dullard. If there would be the slightest chance that a circlet of gold graced his head, he'd have to kneel before his people first.

But most importantly, his Queen.

“Wherever my rank may stand, be it always stand by your side.” He lifted, looking at her with the utmost respect. “Ready to serve.”

+2 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
04-12-2021, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 10:56 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
"Perhaps, but those elders have long since perished from the fire, and now we are surrounded by the unknown." Though by nature he was not a true Prince, even though there was word of gossip that the man Flynn, was a blue-bloods bastard. It was quite the curiosity who was the true father, despite some obvious ploys in place; none would admit the obvious. The mark upon his shoulders bare any thought to cast him as a Prince, and to be but a black sheep of their noble family.

Nothing more made her pleased then another bowing his head and pledging loyalty, and paw lifted as a true smile slipped onto her face, and eyes glimmering with greed and pride, the deadly sins that Célnes would never deny and gracefully accepts so, she knew what was needed, and what she wanted. A Deorwine was a beautiful wolf, but they had the ugliest heart.

"Welcome to Elkshire, my dear cousin."

last from me!

+1 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top