Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
The Expanse Below

Afternoon
P
12-05-2022, 10:50 PM
After being guided through the great mountain pass, the cat descended down its other side. The journey through the winter mountain alone was exhausting, giving the tiger even more respect for the hardened wolves who could do this daily.

Usually, a heavy graceful stride would carry the tiger forward, but after an entire day like that, his gat was just heavy, lumbering and exhausted.

Never having actually been in the heartlands of Elysium, it was all a first looking over the great basin afflicted by the winter cold.

Eventually, the cat could make his way further down. Maybe he could find someone who could tell him more about Vera, or just somewhere to rest.

@Valeska
the staff team luvs u
12-06-2022, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 11:12 PM by Valeska. Edited 1 time in total.)
Raising her head toward the wind, Valeska paused in her afternoon rounds and took several deep, inquisitive breaths, suddenly detecting an unusual scent. It was difficult to place from so far away, so she quickened her pace and trotted closer to its origin at the borders.

Aaahh. Unusual in that she was not used to smelling it here - but now it was much clearer, and she recognized it as belonging to Kuhn, one of their friends and trusted allies with Duskguard. Normally, she might have greeted him with a flurry of tail-wags and a pleased expression, but she did not take the tiger for one to go on trips of leisure very often and thus suspected something was amiss.

“Kuhn!” she called to the familiar striped silhouette. Valeska recalled the circumstances surrounding their last meeting, and she shifted uncomfortably - she could still picture the smell of burning flesh. “What brings you to our home? Come, you are probably tired. There is fresh-caught deer further in - but tell me while we walk.”

The silver wolf beckoned for him to follow, eagerly playing the hostess as she so often did. “I hope it is nothing... serious,” she added worriedly, concerned that Northfall had not been satisfied with the outcome after all.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: m7jPOzS.png]
12-06-2022, 11:32 PM
Having to carefully watch his feet as he lumbered, a familiar voice pulled his gaze upward. "Valeska...", replied the cat with a tired smile. Really it was good to see a familiar face.

Still dragging his feet, he did his best to catch up to the woman, attempting to run the bridge of his nose up her side as they walked. "I'd like that...", purred the cat, already thinking about some fresh food.

From what the tiger could pick up on priestess of the east was seemingly as astute as ever. "I'm afraid its not good... Even though it is good to see you."

Cutting straight to the point the cat continued to follow at her side. "Its Tiberius, he was attacked... A wolf named Vera."

Exhaling a foggy cloud against the cold, a bit of pain gathered in his eyes. "He isn't doing so well, at least mentally... Truthfully, I'm looking to put an end to her."

the staff team luvs u
12-07-2022, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 11:12 PM by Valeska. Edited 1 time in total.)
Kuhn seemed a little worse for wear, his carriage more lethargic than usual. Traversing rocky mountain terrain likely wasn't easy for the great cat - it still wasn't particularly easy for wolves, either, even the ones who grew up among such landscapes - and she felt a pang of sympathy.

Valeska still wasn't quite used to the greeting methods of felines, and felt a sudden thrill go up her spine as his cold nose smeared its way along her flank and shoulder; however, she took it in good humor as she discreetly slowed her pace to help accommodate his tired limbs. She thumped her tail lightly against his side, making her own show of pleasantries.

“Not good?” she echoed, her heart squeezing like a vice in her chest. A series of terrible thoughts paraded through her mind then, and she wondered if her worst fears were soon to be confirmed - that Northfall had not been satisfied with their blood offering from the gods, that they had chosen instead to massacre the remaining wolves of Dragonford, or -

The silver wolf blinked.

“Tiberius was... attacked?” she said stupidly, then felt a surge of anger rush up through her sternum. The name of his assailant was unfamiliar, however; she did not recognize it as one from Northfall, but she couldn't be certain. “But... why? What was this woman's reasoning? Tiberius is not one to provoke others, he has a family and a pack - surely this was an act of pure sin.”

She felt her lip curl back, a low growl threatening to rattle out from her chest, but she stifled it and managed to beat back the impulse to seek retribution. It was important to know all the details.

She couldn't repeat the unspeakable violence she had unleashed upon Gro'Mash - yet she did not deny that Kuhn's thirst for justice was tempting.

“I assume she is not with Northfall.”

the staff team luvs u
12-08-2022, 07:52 AM
The cat let a warm rumble come from his chest as he traded scent with the pale woman's pelt, adding a very small bit of vocalization to the sound as she gave her a brush of her own tail.  The greeting was almost second nature to the cat. Despite, knowing more about wolves now, as a feline he would always be proud to wear the scent of someone he respected.  Whiskers of the predator could feel her body's subtle shock as he brushed by.  For a moment, he looked over his shoulder to see how she took it, not finding any issue in her expression. Returning a soft put pained smile the cat continued onward. 

As the woman slowed her gate for the weary feline, his walking posture tensed somewhat at the specter of explaining what happened.  "No...No.  She is not with Northfall.  She is a wanderer.", he exhaled with a bit of defeat, hanging his head low. "She is white and heavily scarred, obviously she has seen plenty of fights."

"She thinks herself a good judge... and she is willing to see her ideas through." 

the staff team luvs u
12-13-2022, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 11:11 PM by Valeska. Edited 1 time in total.)
Valeska frowned visibly, concern etching her brow into a heavy crease. There was likely more history beyond simply crossing paths at the wrong time (and with apparently an enormous chip on her shoulder), and she sought to learn more.

“Have they ever met before?” she asked, halting entirely. It was one thing to defend yourself in a fight, but this sounded - different. The fact that Kuhn said the stranger deemed herself a 'good judge' meant that some murderous psychopath was roaming about the north thinking herself in the right, and that went against every moral fiber of Valeska's being.

“What more can you tell me? Should I see her, I wish to know how best to... navigate.”

As riddled with fury as she was, she didn't think herself capable of taking anyone down in a fight that could mark Tiberius. That itch - that hungry, angry itch crept in from the shadows of her mind, and she remembered how good it had felt to sink her teeth into Gro'Mash...

That, however, had been life or death.

This needed to be handled with caution. She would be defending only herself this time.

the staff team luvs u
12-13-2022, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2022, 09:08 PM by Kuhn. Edited 2 times in total.)

"Well if you do see her, get help if you can."

"I am going to kill her..."
, stated the cat. As much as he never wanted to play judge, this woman had shown she was both dangerous and unpredictable, with no reason to stop.

"She likes a thoughtful talk... I'll have to admit, I will miss our conversations.", sighed the striped man looking out at the mountains mournfully.

Continuing his tired pace, the suncat took a long moment before continuing. "They where in Reiko's pack together, this isn't the first person she has done this to."

"Really. If you do see her, please be careful."

Once again, he would be forced to play the demon. Again, the tiger would have to taste the blood of wolf.
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
12-14-2022, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 11:11 PM by Valeska. Edited 1 time in total.)
{Skill: Warden}

From anyone else's lips, the statement might have been received with more shock, but murderous intent from Kuhn rang differently. The tiger seemed to have an enormous threshold for (let us be frank) bullshit, and anything to set him off this badly was likely warranted.

She was curious, however, at the way he described her. Despite her apparent love for violence, the beast allegedly had an interesting mind and a penchant for conversation - which didn't make much sense to Valeska. She never really thought the two went hand-in-hand.

At the mention of Shiroshika, she felt her eyes narrow. They were one of the two packs who had launched a merciless attack on Kuhn and his mate, and it came as no surprise that more cruelty should spout forth from their ranks. Tiberius was an exception - he had managed to escape with moral integrity intact - but this other wolf had not been so fortunate to court change.

She shuddered inwardly. “It is terrible to hear - but I will heed your warning,” she said after a moment, glancing out over the nearby ridge. It was unlikely that the woman would come out this way, given the many easier, more accessible routes out of the tundra.

Quite unlikely.

“So I assume you are hunting her now?” Valeska inquired cautiously. “I pray that Tiberius heals quickly. Oh, if only I were more capable - stronger - more able to defend our pack. I am still ashamed of what transpired with the boars.”

The little wolf sighed. “I will never be a great warrior, but I can surely be better.”

the staff team luvs u
12-14-2022, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2022, 06:43 PM by Kuhn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Paw after paw, one step at a time, the cat continued to follow the small woman. Still lured on by the promise of a warm deer, he realized just how hungry he was from the trip. Normally, it was a point of pride for him to get his own food, but today he could be a beggar rather than a chooser. Maybe it was something about Valeska that put him at ease.

"Ya...", he released with a raspy voice. After a short rest and some food, he would continue his search, asking around, and looking for any scent. From here, he would travel to Northfall if he had too.

"He will be fine... I'm sure. He is in good hands with Olive." , he confided, lamenting that he couldn't be there, not that he had much use as a healer. "Oh! In fact, I was supposed to tell you this.... But, the official wedding is still on. Everyone here is welcome."

With a little more effort, the cat's posture had gained some pride, looking over at the woman. "You feel ashamed about that?", he asked looking almost offended, lashing his tail.

"I have noticed that there are a lot of different types of fights out there and many different ways to fight them."

Making a point to bump his hips against her he went on, "Not all of them are claw and fang. But, just so you know I just finished speaking highly of your performance to @Mordecai."

"Everyone has been taken by surprise before...", he finished, looking at her with a toothy smirk that peeked out from behind scared lips.
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
12-15-2022, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 11:10 PM by Valeska. Edited 1 time in total.)

Kuhn spoke, and as they rounded the last set of trees, the land opened up before them in a great expanse. Fate's Respite was just beginning to succumb to winter's onset, what grass surrounding the landscape not touched by frost turning a dull shade of brown. Small piles of unmelted snow lingered in various patches of shade, and they had already experienced more than a few nights below freezing, displayed by thin sheets of ice floating across the lake's surface.

It was tranquil - it was serene - it was chilly. Valeska breathed in the crisp air, feeling it sting her nostrils, and her fur bristled excitedly. The cold season always brought an air of excitement with her - it was so much like her first home.

She led Kuhn down the rest of the way toward their small collection of prey items, and she motioned toward the freshly-killed deer she had mentioned earlier. “Go ahead; it is yours,” the she-wolf said politely.

Before she could say anything further, however, Kuhn delivered one truly good piece of news - the impending marriage between Tiberius and Olive.

“Oh! My gods, it is soon time? At last!” she tittered, tail wagging excitedly as a renewed sparkle came to her eyes. Valeska, as it was well known, adored parties and festivities of all kinds, so this was absolutely a light shining through the darkness for her. “You may tell them we will be there! I would not miss it for the world.”

She allowed him a moment to inspect the carcass, leaving a natural break in the conversation. How thrilling - she knew with Olive's penchant for planning and love of beauty that it would be an event worthy of the pair, and she could only imagine how stunning it would be.

I have noticed that there are a lot of different types of fights out there and many different ways to fight them.

“Oh - you truly think so?” Valeska interrupted, looking more than a little surprised. “I had always assumed fighting was straightforward. Either you were quick enough, strong enough - or you were not. I have tried taking formal defensive lessons from both @Tallulah and @Nikolai, but they have only gone... so-so.”

Valeska did not want to be 'so-so'.

She wanted to be able to protect her family and her pack as well as any other warrior. She wanted to be strong - capable.

Not all of them are claw and fang. But, just so you know I just finished speaking highly of your performance to Mordecai.

The little wolf blinked, startled, then felt her skin grow hot beneath her fur. Even she was not immune to flattery, and hearing praise from such an accomplished fighter was too much - she would argue disbelief, but Kuhn had never been one to lie.

“Well - thank you. I truly do not know what came over me at the time, only that I recall being angry - so angry, and suddenly my whole body went numb,” she said, glancing down at the earth. “I only saw what happened after the fact.”

the staff team luvs u
12-15-2022, 07:58 AM

As the landscape opened up across their journey, the striped beast's pace slowed once again; but this time for the purposes of viewing the great expanse.  The territory was envious, mostly shielded from the worst of the winter, but retaining its beauty.   Slate eyes traced the horizon, navigating the crests and valleys the knolls that blended into the expanse of the planes;  exhaling he couldn't help but wonder if he could hunt this territory another day, when he had more time.  

As they continued, the cat would look over from time to time to see the cold wind's sweep the pale woman's pelt in its fluid directions.  Eventually the senses of the predator, would eventually pick up on the scent of a meal, adding a certain importance to his pace.    "Thank the all maker...", Kuhn gasped happily under his breath, his mouth making spit. Sliding past Valeska, he once again affectionately ran his side across the woman's pelt, expressing just how thankful he was. 

"Ya, Ya... Of course!", he quipped in response to the wedding, prancing forward out towards the kill.  A bit giddy, the cat happily perched himself across the carcass, orienting his frame to get a good view of the surrounding landscape.  It didn't take but a moment for him to stick his head into a already opened hole in the kill.  Getting a few bites, the cat took a moment to tear something free, feeling much better now that more food was right in front of him.  

Pulling his head out, the white fur on his face and cheeks where already unceremoniously stained, as he looked back up to Valeska.  "What ever you did, it looked good to me.", he replied, licking something out from between his teeth.  "You insinuated that you aren't effective.  But, look at all this...", continued the tiger motioning his head out to the home of the Elysium wolves.  No doubt power came in many shapes, either the musculature of a tiger, but also the refined ability to bring others together, and to provide them with a home and a purpose.  From where he was sitting, the big cat obviously thought that she was being a bit hard on herself. 
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
12-15-2022, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 11:10 PM by Valeska. Edited 1 time in total.)

Kuhn tore into his meal with vigor, appearing more like a thrilled housecat than an enormous death-bringer. The way he trotted glibly upon airy paws toward the offering brought a smile to her face, and she felt pleased to have had the foresight to possess a ready meal for his consumption. The poor tiger was probably running on fumes as it was, between the journey here and his dogged search for the woman who ripped apart their friend - he clearly needed it.

Kuhn lifted his head after a few bites to regard her again, the light returning to his eyes as deeply as the blood that now stained his powerful jaws. He licked his lips, whiskers twitching as he visibly relaxed and appeared more settled.

Valeska could relate. Her own moods were heavily influenced by the state of her stomach.

She followed his gaze, then, out toward the vista of her home and all that resided within it. From her perspective, it was a cobbled-together effort by a small band of close friends. Their beginnings had been elsewhere - Ruhe, the old world had been called - sequestered within the shambling ruins of an overgrown temple, and in that niche they had carved out for themselves, they had been happy.

Then came... this land.

Visually it was more impressive, she had to admit. Their borders were broader, the land more varied and interesting, the seasons more favorable than the sweltering forest they once resided in - in almost every way, they had improved upon what they had before.

It took until now for reality to fully sink in.

“I suppose,” she said thoughtfully. “It is sometimes difficult to - what is it? 'See the forest for the trees'?”

The little wolf released a soft sigh.

“It is so easy to focus on the have-nots over what we do possess. I see all of this, and can only think of my weakness and inability to defend it. I could not even drive away the boars; it felt shameful at the time, but...” she trailed off. Although she could improve her reflexes, she could not change how she was built. “I will continue to train, in the effort of becoming a better fighter - or at least, learn to remain aware and conscious during a fight. Otherwise, all I can be is what I am.”

She quirked her brow and shot him a wry glance, a grin creeping up the corners of her mouth. “Do you ever spar in Duskguard? Or is it far too easy for one such as you?” Valeska chuckled.

the staff team luvs u
12-16-2022, 08:47 AM
Right back into the meal his head went, disappearing into the ribcage of the fresh kill.  Still listening as he ate, small contented growls rattled from his chest as he went about his work.   Rounded ears still tracked the woman as she continued.  Chewing while inside the carcass he had a quiet space to ponder the woman's words.  Still, she was being hard on herself, nobody could handle those boar alone.  

Pulling his head free of the carcass again, a long string of gore inadvertently came with his maw.  Once he noticed the trail, the big cat shook his head to detach it from himself.  Not a bit embarrassed with his own manners, Kuhn tried to give her a bloody reassuring smile.  She certainly could get better if she put some time into it, more hunts and more fights would probably be just what she needed.  

"I wouldn't call it sparring as much as just having a little fun.  Tiberius and I do mess around from time to time...", he answered holding onto his bloody smirk, remembering how once it got out of hand.

Tossing his tail, he raised a brow.  "Why? Are you looking to spar with me?", asked the predator purring with amusement.
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
12-17-2022, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 11:10 PM by Valeska. Edited 2 times in total.)

{Skill: Strategist}

She admired the liveliness with which he ate. Valeska's good manners stopped at dinnertime, and she was no stranger to a bloody feast coupled with inordinately loud crunching and swallowing. Her family had always made a show of eating with visible enjoyment - it was seen as a compliment, if anything, and showed appreciation toward the members who had felled the beast for their consumption.

So she looked at the string of gore that dangled from his maw, and beamed merrily back at him with all the sincerity of her heart.

Kuhn was a fabulous guest.

“Oh, I am not so sure I should spar with you,” the Priestess said with a laugh, waving a paw dismissively. “It would be over before it started! No, I was simply curious if any others were brave enough to go against you in a scuffle, but Tiberius comes as no surprise. He is built like a rock.”

Valeska fell silent for a few moments as the tiger continued his work on the carcass, filling the air between them with noisy crunching and appreciative smacks, when she suddenly had an idea. She wasn't sure if he would be receptive - or if Duskguard would in general - but the silver wolf felt it worth mentioning, and opened her mouth at last to speak.

“What if -” she hesitated. “What if, to practice and hone our defensive strategies, our packs engaged in war-games with each other? It would be an opportunity to grow confidence within ourselves and our capabilities, and learn to coordinate as a unit, should we ever come under attack.”

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
12-18-2022, 07:56 PM
With each pass at the carcass the gore on the cat's face began to coat layering up until some began to drip off, matting together the mane that grew from his cheeks.  Laying there, almost contented the cat's slate grey eyes looked back up at his host, apparently full of gratitude.  

A different kind of smile flashed from his crimson maw, full of mischief.  "What...  It sounds like you are scared of me?"  Purred the cat, tossing his tail.  "I can be surprisingly gentle.", he added, his tongue tracing the blood from his upper lip. 

Letting the statement linger for a moment, he adjusted his posture to favor viewing the woman and eating, rather than looking out at the landscape.   Pulling the carcass into position with a grip full of claws, he pulled himself into his spot.   

"That actually seems rather fun... All the fun parts of fighting but without all the killing.  So this would be like... Everyone sparring all at once?",  The thought made him cock his head taking his mind away from the meal; it sounded very enjoyable and very reasonable to keep each other strong.
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
12-21-2022, 11:09 PM
{Skill: Strategist}

She observed the way he flicked his tail, clearly amused by her hesitance to spar - but she shook her head adamantly, cheek fluff swishing in the wind as she did. “Fear is a valuable emotion,” she stated bluntly, raising a paw. “It helps prevent us from, let us say, making poor decisions.”

Valeska had a twinkle in her eye as she spoke, however - she would never mean anything in a disrespectful or at all unkind manner toward the cat.

She just... didn't feel like being throttled today.

Kuhn seemed very interested in her proposition, far more than she anticipated, and wondered if that was due in part to his unfortunate attack from Shiroshika and Vanderfell. It would make sense; if such a thing were to happen again someday, he would likely want to feel more prepared, more organized, more capable - or at least have a strategy.

In Valeska's case, she simply wanted to learn something new.

“Wonderful!” she said excitedly. “I wish to learn the art of the siege. It sounds so dramatic. So powerful - and complicated, too, for there are things like 'flanks', and 'starving them out'...”

The little wolf trailed off before clearing her throat. “I mean, we would not go that far, but it is the principal of the thing.”

She beamed.

“Perhaps after the wedding, we may organize such endeavors?”

the staff team luvs u
12-22-2022, 06:45 PM
Though there was never any intention of hurting the woman, the cat would be lying by saying he wasn't entertained at getting a rise out of the eastern druid. As much as he liked her, there was always something nagging at him to push the envelope, and toy with those around him, just something feline perhaps.

It was not often that unique ideas would show themselves. He had to give it to her: this was a good idea, and sounded quite entertaining. "Sure... I'll go along with it." , said the tiger absently, his mind back in the everfrost. If only those wolves had prepared themselves better, he would likely be dead. Luckily for him, their leadership was grossly incompetent.

Conversely, he could remember the thud and tear of Reiko's face, a testament to her poor planning. If any time in the future those he cared about found themselves against a suncat. He would want them to win, and there certainly was a way for it to be done.

Shelving the thought, Kuhn didn't return to eating just yet. "I really do think we should do this...", they could prepare for many different situations, and with such great friendship and strength, a peaceful tundra was not out of the question.

"Oh, but that reminds me...", the cat tacked on with a dark chuckle. "There is some lunatic in the everfrost who keeps saying she is a queen or something. Typical no trespassing type... But, as you know, that is the best route between our homes."

Still perched up on the carcass, he couldn't help but break into a bloody smirk. "Luckily... She is pretty harmless without any real power."
the staff team luvs u
12-22-2022, 07:42 PM
Kuhn seemed hesitant at first, his tone distracted, eyes unfocused. She wondered what he might be thinking - or if, with the talk of war-games, she had unintentionally forced his mind back to that day where he had to fight for his very right to live. Such an event would be traumatic to anyone - and the memories were surely vile.

Valeska opened her mouth to apologize, to ask if he was alright, but the great cat settled once more, and the moment had passed.

His piercing gaze returned to her with full attention.

Kuhn affirmed his interest, and Valeska was going to breathe a quick sigh of relief (something about an enormous razor-blade-encrusted feline with teeth the length of a full wolf ear made others around him tense) when he suddenly brought up something else.

“Oh - you mean @Sorina?” she asked quizzically. She remembered her meeting with the dark woman - she particularly remembered her being very tall, with eyes like frozen daggers - but their interaction had been pleasant enough, and she thought they had at least made cordial terms with one another. “I encountered her by surprise myself. I believe she is the Lady Panorama of... Haldis, yes? Our meeting went well, and she had told me that any friend of Duskguard was a friend of hers.”

Her head tilted to the side, as if trying to get a better angle on what he was saying.

“I assume you spoke with her - but what has happened?”

the staff team luvs u
12-22-2022, 09:28 PM
"Ah... Yes panorama, paranoia, something like that." , the cat replied with a decently calm tone. Relaxed, his tail swished back and forth, apparently happy with the food and the conversation.

"Uhh... Sorry I got carried away. Did you want in on this?", stammered the cat, realizing he was being rude with someone else's kill. The mind was always more clear when well fed.

"Ya I talked to her ... Twice.", narrowing his brows in disappointment. "Neither was pleasant. First thing she said to me was that: she heard I 'attacked' an innocent pack, and that Olive was a fool for letting me near her children." , shrugging, the tiger showed the palm of his paw.

"Apparently @Reiko has been bending her ear." Reiko truly was a vile little slug, relying on malicious lies for the sake of power.
the staff team luvs u
12-26-2022, 10:35 PM
Waving a paw dismissively, she politely declined the tiger's offer, motioning for him to finish off the carcass at his leisure. It was a gift, and one she gave freely; they had more than enough hunters now to keep their bellies full for the winter, and soon her own children would begin making progress in the ways of catching their own meals. She enjoyed the gesture nonetheless, and smiled appreciatively back.

Valeska did not like his next statement, however, and grew concerned. “'Attacking an innocent pack'? It does seem that this Reiko is attempting to stir trouble again. I thought the matter was over, but it must be her very nature to crave violence,” she said, brow furrowed. She herself had never met the woman, but the more she heard, the less she liked of this so-called Empress who chose to hide behind a veil of lies and poisonous words. “I also do not like Sorina's rudeness about you being near her children. How could she truly believe you would launch a one-tiger assault against two packs, yet not strike her down in anger when she spoke so rashly to your face? She is foolish not to reach her own conclusions on the matter.”

The High Priestess sighed. She had long hoped the terrible matter would finally be over, but new tensions seemed to be brewing in closer areas to home than ever before, and now her own alleged good terms with Haldis could be on a thin line. “I should probably seek an audience with Sorina to understand better what is going on. It is peculiar how quickly she changed her tune from a 'friend of Duskguard' to an open declaration of hostility.”

Valeska's expression softened. “You have demonstrated more restraint than most in handling this web of deceit. I admire you for it.”

the staff team luvs u
12-27-2022, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2022, 07:12 AM by Kuhn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Valeska waved him off with a graceful sweep of the paw, telling him without words that the kill was all his.  Deep down the cat was impressed with the hunting prowess of the pack.  It was impressive that they could afford to part with a whole deer without reservation.  Elysium was apparently a powerful friend.  

Even thought the appetite had slowed, the cat went back into the carcass to string out a run of end trails.  Pulling them out, he could better listen to Valeska.  Nodding in agreeance, the cat continued his work, eating slower now.  Essentially the high priestess was spot on with her assessment of the 'Little empress',  all Reiko was is a liar and a manipulator, using the façade of goodness to further her own whims.    

"Foolish might be a nice way to describe @Sorina ...", chuckled the cat with rumbling gravel.  "I think you right though, I think she just has a bit of a power complex.  It just comes off as pathetic, acting like some queen when there is nobody at her back."   Valeska had a point, if Sorina really believed him to be a murderer she wouldn't have said those things, unless she was really that dull.    

Restraint.  "Ah... Its just not worth it", Shrugging.   "I think people like that will disassemble themselves given enough time." , unless of course he happened to cross paths with the little slug empress; if she was still unrepentant, it wouldn't be to bad to speed up the process.  Although, it might be more fun to watch the world slowly crumble around her.   

"But... If you are willing to give that Sorina a chance, I'll give her one more."  
the staff team luvs u
12-28-2022, 07:04 AM
The pursuit of power was a dangerous one, often leading its victims down into a dark void with little means of escape. She knew well from her own experiences, watching her father as a child - he abused his 'power', and it killed nearly their entire pack. Stubborn pride was nothing to flaunt, but hopefully Sorina was simply still trying to adjust to this new world and carving out a niche for herself in an effort to feel in control. It was a shock to any system, certainly.

Valeska listened quietly to Kuhn as he spoke his final thoughts on the matter. Although he remained unimpressed with the new ruler of the Everfrost, he was at least willing to give her a second chance at making amends, which was more than generous considering the cruel statements that had been hurled his way - he was not unreasonable.

Sighing lightly, she rose to her paws. “It would go against my very nature not to try,” she said solemnly, bowing her head. “I will make the trip in a few days and see what I can do to help foster peace between us all. I should hate to lose a potential good connection over a misunderstanding; it seems that everyone is so quick to declare hostilities these days, no? Everywhere you look, there is another fight brewing. It is so unfortunate.”

Nevertheless, she offered him a fiery little grin, her spirit undaunted in the face of treachery. “You may enjoy your meal in peace. I must go check on my errant children.”

The High Priestess dipped her head in a small, hurried show of respect before trotting briskly away, but not before pausing to shoot him a strangely knowing look over her shoulder.

“I hope @Tiberius and his shapes are doing well!”

{Exit Valeska}

the staff team luvs u
01-02-2023, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 07:24 PM by Kuhn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Nodding at the southern priestess' words, the woman obviously had peace for the north on her mind, and was going to visit the new addition in the Everfrost.  As Valeska spoke, it became more and more clear that he may have also been to harsh, and would have to give this @Sorina another chance.  Perhaps it wasn't unreasonable for the dark woman in the Everfrost to assume the worst from him, their species had long been considered mortal enemies.  These days it was feeling easier to forget that.  

Returning his own contented bloody smile to the woman's fiery one, the cat flipped his tail as he watched the gentle wind of the mountain's base sweep at her snow like pelt.   "Hey... thanks again...", responded the cat, chuffing at the hospitality.  

Watching her go for a moment, the woman shot him a strange comment and glance, causing his eyes to dart to the ground, and the skin of his face to heat.  Tiberius and his 'shapes'.   What did she mean by that?   

Left with a meal and something else to think about the tiger sat up on the kill, his mind racing, trying to put together the pieces.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top