Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
But you belong here

P
Formation
11-20-2022, 03:38 AM
Her days in cloudrest had only recently begun. The few that called this part of the mountains home had begun their work. But as for Sabah, the concept was new. She wasn't all too sure where her talents were needed. What better way was there to learn this other than to ask @Aruna herself?

“Do you have a moment to speak, Varghona?” The title was new, threading weirdly along her tongue. But she would get used to it eventually. 

The woman was careful when it came to being a disturbance. While she had a strong head on her shoulders and a sharp tongue within her muzzle, Sabah did her best to not be bothersome and keep a solid reputation when it came to the eyes of her monarch.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
11-20-2022, 04:38 AM
The sun began a slow path, crawling towards Cloudrest’s mountain peaks, painting the atmosphere with delicate amber hues. The sky was clear of clouds, rolled away after Realta’s arrival.

Aruna lazed about the strath with baited breath and heavy-lidded eyes, letting herself slip into a moment of rest. Her shoulders fell as she dipped into the ground. A blur of beige headed her direction, the scent familiar. "Sabah," She greeted in exchange, giving a curt nod.

The nyomvänd wasted little time, straight to the point. She seemed weary, hesitation lingering on the tip of her tongue. "Of course," She paused, "please, sit."

the staff team luvs u

11-20-2022, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2022, 04:44 AM by Sabah. Edited 2 times in total.)
When the varghona offered acknowledgement, Sabah dipped her head curtly. She hoped some form of a smile would appear naturally, but nothing did. 

“I wanted to ask something... about my placement here; given I don't recall it was something we addressed when we first met. I want to be sure I am fulfilling my part here, but first I must know what it is you will require of me. My official placement, if you call it that.” Frankly, she knew nothing about what different ranks Aruna had created for Stormrift. But it didn't really matter how high or low she stood in the hierarchy. She only wanted a formal task. One thing to keep her occupied and feeling useful.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Misc Skill
12-06-2022, 05:14 PM
"Very well." Aruna heeded Sabah's request for information; not of their heritage but their hierarchy.
"Our ranks are divided into 3 sectors; The Sacred, The Faithful, and The Unknown." They were defined by their loyalty to Stormrift. The Sacred fell into the highest category, filled with the pack's leaders and the generals, leaders of their task. The Faithful are the middle-class. Wolves with tasks had their jobs and devoted themselves to them. The Unknown were the newcomers, strangers to Stormrift. Wolves who still had to prove themselves.

"You are among The Unknown. Your loyalty has yet to be tested, and you are without a task." She explained. "Stormrift offers four tasks; the Lakarés, the Archers, the Beserkers, and the Shield-Maidens." Her eyes skimmed over the tawny-shaded she-wolf, taking in her impressive size and bulk. She'd make an efficient warrior, if she had the passion and skill for it. "Beserkers and Shield-maidens fall beneath the same category, acting as Stormrift's defense, but Shield-Maidens also assist in burials and prayer while Beserkers do not. " Aruna continued on. There was a sliver of a chance that she started with the defensive roles first, but she wasn't going to admit it - true or not. "The Lakarés serve as healers, and the Archers serve as hunters and are occasionally responsible for restocking the herb cache when the Lakaré cannot."

the staff team luvs u

12-10-2022, 11:16 PM
There were options for placement. Many, at that. The varghona was obliged to explain each one to she who was unknowing. 

They intrigued her; all, but one more-so than others. Shield-Maidens... I am curious- why are they set apart from berserkers?” Could both titles not just be one and carry the same responsibilities?

Whether Aruna answered or not, Sabah knew which sounded more appealing. “Regardless of the reason, being a shield-maiden sounds up my ally. I am a fighter, yes — but I have had my fair share of spiritual experiences. When I was younger, I assisted the elders in ceremonies to send of the deceased. Though, I am interested in learning the ways your people tend to burials.” What was life if not spent to seek out knowledge? Besides, from here on, these people were also her people. It was necessary to learn these customs for the sake of herself and everyone else.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top